• GamerLive.TV Footage Leaks NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks Information?

Thanks to the attentive eyes of forum member WolverineJay, a clip from a recent interview between GamerLive.TV and Washington QB Jake Locker at the NCAA Football 12 Draft Night Premiere (embedded below), we now have an early look at what appears to be the interface for Custom Playbooks in NCAA Football 12. Continue below to see images captured from the footage as well as the full interview. In the comments, let us know what you see, though bear in mind that none of the Community Event attendees will be able to confirm anything at this time.

Here is the video from which the captured images were taken from. Beginning at 2:49 we start the see the footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXWCM...ailpage#t=169s
    Comments 133 Comments
      Twistanutz22 -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Another ? unanswered:

#5 - If we bring over both linked plays from one playboook/formation will they still be linked as plays that set each other up in our Custom playbook?
      Great Question!

I would think that the plays themselves are programmed to be "linked" to their counterpart... But I'm not a programmer, and truly don't know how they do that... But I would think that the linked plays will remain linked if you add them to your Custom PB
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      It's not a NCAA info season with my teasing
      That's the difference between you & me... I try to spread as much information as I possibly can and you try to hide as much information as you possibly can. :rolleyes:
      Pig Bomb -
      schwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnngggg!!!!
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      That's the difference between you & me... I try to spread as much information as I possibly can and you try to hide as much information as you possibly can. :rolleyes:
      Nothing to spread on this yet
      razorback44 -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      #4 If you chose a specific team's formation do the package options from that formation automatically come to your custom playbook?
      This is a very good question.
      Iron Dragon -

Yesyesyesyesyes.
      Dr Death -
      Quote Originally Posted by Tarhead10 View Post
      Wow....With this being leaked shouldnt be long now before we see a blog...
      I don't know that this is really leaked though... so far, TGT is the only forum I've seen this on. I know EA reads OS, that was evident in their video where they were updating FSU's field and at least one person from EA posts there. Does EA follow this board too?

And a question I want to get out in case I forget it later... and those who may know can hopefully answer when the green light is given... but when you create a Custom Playbook can you then go to Team Builder and select your Custom Playbook as your TB team playbook? Or do you have to select a standard PB and then change it once you import your team to the game?
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr Death View Post
      I don't know that this is really leaked though... so far, TGT is the only forum I've seen this on. I know EA reads OS, that was evident in their video where they were updating FSU's field and at least one person from EA posts there. Does EA follow this board too?
      People from EA do read this board from time to time.
      cdj -
      I don't know that this is really leaked though... so far, TGT is the only forum I've seen this on.
      That just shows we are committed to getting you guys the latest news.

At the Community Events, we don't get to see much (if any) web related aspects (TeamBuilder, Dynasty Wire, etc.) so we will be learning most of that when you guys do.
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post

At the Community Events, we don't get to see much (if any) web related aspects (TeamBuilder, Dynasty Wire, etc.) so we will be learning most of that when you guys do.

FYI - the images at least were on OS and TF this morning. I believe on OS it was somewhere in their epic length NCAA 12 "News"/Summary Thread and the same at TF. Now I do believe that TGT is the only one that has a specific thread on this video/leak. However, custom playbooks should be known by just about anyone following the news even remotely closely.

Its been in ESPN/OS preview articles and now this.
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post

hopefully there is something about teambuilder to be learned ?
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      hopefully there is something about teambuilder to be learned ?
      Well, in one of those pics, there's a tab for Teambuilder Roster Share. Don't know what that exactly entails but there's something new with it besides adding Akron's(?) stadium. Fingers crossed for at least 1 more pair of pants, team colored shoes, and a generic dome stadium.
      I OU a Beatn -
      I like. Has there been any word yet on whether or not they'll be usable online is competitive games? I know it's going to potentially make playing against random even worse when they can have all their money plays, but I'm more than willing to deal with it if I'm allowed to fully customize a playbook the way I want.
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
      I like. Has there been any word yet on whether or not they'll be usable online is competitive games? I know it's going to potentially make playing against random even worse when they can have all their money plays, but I'm more than willing to deal with it if I'm allowed to fully customize a playbook the way I want.
      I don't play online so I have no room to talk but from what I can tell, a cheeser only uses the same 3-5 plays when playing anyway so having custom playbooks wouldn't benefit them too much, I would think.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      Only when EA releases their blog. Hopefully this would happen later today. Most likely next week though imo
      Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
      Hopefully EA does release a blog today though. As much as these pictures show, there's still some pressing questions such as can we use these in ODs.
      FWIW, basing this on experience rather than first-hand information, EA has seemed to, historically, stick to their marketing plans regardless of leaks or release of information by third-parties. I'd imagine that would be the case here. It being talked about in public may not change the time table.

I don't know that this is really leaked though... so far, TGT is the only forum I've seen this on.
      Other sites are talking about it too ... some of them just don't have entire threads devoted to it, so it may not be so obvious.
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      talk about installing an offense... this might take at least a good week. I assume it will be allowed online, seeing that Madden 12 will allow them online.
      SpreadOption -
      Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
      talk about installing an offense... this might take at least a good week. I assume it will be allowed online, seeing that Madden 12 will allow them online.
      It will probably take me two to three weeks of play testing and building. I'm probably gonna spend the first few days looking at all the default books, then going from there.

And for the team builder thing, think it will be that we can edit them on the xbox after they are created from the site and downloaded?
      oweb26 -
      For me its probably gonna last something like 6months of building before I her my playbooks the way I want them

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      Well, in one of those pics, there's a tab for Teambuilder Roster Share. Don't know what that exactly entails but there's something new with it besides adding Akron's(?) stadium. Fingers crossed for at least 1 more pair of pants, team colored shoes, and a generic dome stadium.

teambuilder roster share? very Interesting

steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      People from EA do read this board from time to time.
      That's being a little modest, IMO. I talked to several devs who pointed to specific comments and topics on TGT. I don't think we have 8/16 community reps from TGT by accident. The Holy Trinity of TGT has done an unbelievable job in putting this site together and breaking down barriers between the community and the devs. Of course, none of it would be possible without a willing EA. EA has gone far beyond reasonable expectations by having so much community involvement this year. They have really shown a commitment to the community and they should be applauded for it!