• GamerLive.TV Footage Leaks NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks Information?

Thanks to the attentive eyes of forum member WolverineJay, a clip from a recent interview between GamerLive.TV and Washington QB Jake Locker at the NCAA Football 12 Draft Night Premiere (embedded below), we now have an early look at what appears to be the interface for Custom Playbooks in NCAA Football 12. Continue below to see images captured from the footage as well as the full interview. In the comments, let us know what you see, though bear in mind that none of the Community Event attendees will be able to confirm anything at this time.

Here is the video from which the captured images were taken from. Beginning at 2:49 we start the see the footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXWCM...ailpage#t=169s
    Comments 133 Comments
      Deuce -
      Pretty awesome stuff. I kinda wonder why they didn't put this online like Teambuilder? Would be nice to create a playbook while at work!
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
      Pretty awesome stuff. I kinda wonder why they didn't put this online like Teambuilder? Would be nice to create a playbook while at work!
      Be glad it isn't. Every online feature has to be activated via online pass and is limited (1 OD, 12 TB teams). With it being on the disc, you can probably make as many books as you have space on you HDD.
      oweb26 -
      I see what you step saying soulja but couldn't u create multiple teambuilder teams.

You are going to have to use the online pass anyway,I too wish it was online even if it would only let me tweak the custom Playbook I am using. But I also know they wont give you both ways online and on disc.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
      Deuce -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      Be glad it isn't. Every online feature has to be activated via online pass and is limited (1 OD, 12 TB teams). With it being on the disc, you can probably as many books as you have space on you HDD.
      Good point...would be nice if we could tweak them though.

Any ideas on Teambuilder roster share? Only thing I can think of is being able to edit rosters on teambuilder then share. Instead of editing rosters on a console then sharing we can have rosters prior to the game coming out??
      souljahbill -
      What would be a great scenario is that you have access to practice mode from the custom playbook menu. That way, you can set your book up, run some plays with it, and if you see something you don't like, you can back out straight into the editor part to make adjustments.
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      That's being a little modest, IMO. I talked to several devs who pointed to specific comments and topics on TGT. I don't think we have 8/16 community reps from TGT by accident. The Holy Trinity of TGT has done an unbelievable job in putting this site together and breaking down barriers between the community and the devs. Of course, none of it would be possible without a willing EA. EA has gone far beyond reasonable expectations by having so much community involvement this year. They have really shown a commitment to the community and they should be applauded for it!
      Missing a clapping emiticon. But the thought is there!
      jaymo76 -
      Wow! I am impressed by the depth of the feature. I have wanted custom playbooks for years and I would have been fine with the PS2 format. However, this will absolutely blow away last gens custom playbooks. Good on ya EA!!!
      coogrfan -
      Well, in one of those pics, there's a tab for Teambuilder Roster Share. Don't know what that exactly entails but there's something new with it besides adding Akron's(?) stadium. Fingers crossed for at least 1 more pair of pants, team colored shoes, and a generic dome stadium.
      Solidice had some interesting thoughts on this topic over at OS:

my guesses are either:

1. It's just the normal roster share that been there the last few years, just with the teambuilder tag on it.

2. they added the ability to do rosters of the default teams online through teambuilder. (my emphasis-coogrfan)

3. added the ability to share only the roster of teambuilder teams?(not really sure why it would be this though)

4. something else I can't think of right now.
      Please, pleeeeease let it be option #2. Being able to have rosters ready to go on release day would be awesome.
      ram29jackson -
      {. they added the ability to do rosters of the default teams online through teambuilder. (my emphasis-coogrfan)}

?sorry, but i really dont know what that literally means ? whats the bonus for having that ?
      Escobar -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      sorry, but i really dont know what that literally means ? whats the bonus for having that?
      That means you can edit the rosters easier and faster from the computer instead of doing them on the console.
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
      That means you can edit the rosters easier and faster from the computer instead of doing them on the console.
      in essence we already had that...?we could edit names and ratings before what part can we edit now that we couldnt before ? I am not trying to dumb or mean,what exactly is going on with this ?
      souljahbill -
      in essence we already had that...?we could edit names and ratings before what part can we edit now that we couldnt before ? I am not trying to dumb or mean,what exactly is going on with this ?
      You know how you have to wait a week after the game is out to get names for all the players? That's because people have to type everything on the system which is slow. With it being over the internet, EA can release the base roster 2 days before release on a website and every player can be named and ready to go on Day 1.
      SmoothPancakes -
      You know how you have to wait a week after the game is out to get names for all the players? That's because people have to type everything on the system which is slow. With it being over the internet, EA can release the base roster 2 days before release on a website and every player can be named and ready to go on Day 1.
      souljah beat me to it. What they're talking about Ram, is the actual in game rosters, the actual teams. Instead of having multiple people spending a week+ day and night knocking out team rosters, changing all those numbers to actual names, they'd be able to do it online and would be able to knock out every team and have the entire game of rosters done in a matter of a couple days.
      ram29jackson -
      ok, but haha, it really doesnt benefit me then. Just the guys who make rosters that we take later haha.

I'm not saying its not cool and all,it is of course. I would prefer news on the creative end of it myself though
      baseballplyrmvp -
      ok, but haha, it really doesnt benefit me then. Just the guys who make rosters that we take later haha.

I'm not saying its not cool and all,it is of course. I would prefer news on the creative end of it myself though
      i think it'd open up a lot of creativity for od's now. on ncaa09, i did a superstar draft dynasty od, and it was a lot of work writing down all of the ratings/info for players and then swapping them onto our 1* teams. now, hopefully i'll be able to do this all online.
      JeffHCross -
      Well, in one of those pics, there's a tab for Teambuilder Roster Share.
      Not only did I not notice that in the screen shot, but I didn't even notice your quote until ram quoted you. Wow. Powers of observation for the loss.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      Missing a clapping emiticon. But the thought is there!
      Good idea...I might have to find one.
      psusnoop -
      Sweet JB. I should have added that in the other thread just fit there.

Yes bein able to do rosters over on teambuilder would be really sweet. It would generate more accurate ratings, names, and flexibility to change certain players that get suspended or whatever after EA puts there generic rosters out.
      TheTruth43 -
      I'm confused, is the max play amount 400 like Madden or 377?
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth43 View Post
      I'm confused, is the max play amount 400 or 377?
      No way of knowing until the blog. The amount of plays may depend on your "style" and formations selected.