• Join The Gaming Tailgate ESPN.com Tournament Challenge

March Madness is here! Show your basketball prowess - or supreme guessing ability - in The Gaming Tailgate Tournament Challenge on ESPN.com. Make your picks beginning 6 PM ET Sunday, March 13.

There is no entry fee and all entrants are welcome, so feel free to get your friends into the group as well. The winner will receive a prize which will be announced at a later date. Continue on for full group details.

Group Name: The Gaming Tailgate
    Password: tailgate2011
    Comments 80 Comments
      NatureBoy -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      Ok, who just got reamed thanks to Louisville? Thank God, even though I'm 0-3 so far today, every single team that screwed me over, I had losing in the next round, so only minor losses so far, no major blows.
      I had Louisville in the finals losing to Ohio St. Other than that CF, i'm in pretty good shape overall.
      JBHuskers -
      23 out of 36, but the real fun now begins
      gschwendt -
      I'm 20/32 but I've only lost 2 sweet sixteen teams so far. I lost some footing after today's games but I'm still in decent shape.
      NatureBoy -
      I just checked and i'm tied for 1st place.
      CLW -
      Damn Georgetown RUINED my PERFECT day yesterday.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Damn Georgetown RUINED my PERFECT day yesterday.
      Never bet against VCU, at least not in the first round. Knocking off Duke in 2007, and now Georgetown. They are an automatic upset pick for me every year they're in the tournament. I already had VCU advancing to the second round over Georgetown back on Monday, before VCU had even beat USC just to get to the round of 64.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
      Well, I guarantee you that WVU doesn't bomb against Kentucky. Cheatapari has never beaten Bob Huggins and he won't on Saturday either. Kentucky hasn't faced a team that can out rebound them like WVU can. If we continue to shoot as well as we did against piss poor Clemson, we'll be fine.
      Yep nooooo way they don't
      JeffHCross -
      What a crazy pair of overtimes in Temple/SDSU. San Diego State looked like they were winning the whole time, but couldn't get it all together until the end of the second overtime.
      JeffHCross -
      Re: Butler/Pitt.

Wow.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      Re: Butler/Pitt.

Wow.
      Really dumb defensive play by both teams in the final seconds. Not sure if the Pitt free throw was intentionally missed but the coach has to teach them to just to let him shoot it after the miss.
      JeffHCross -
      The funny thing is that I've been reading Scorecasting, and it talks about how refs, statistics show, swallow the whistle at the end of games. They'll only call absolutely blatant fouls. So when the color guy said that Pitt needed to "go toward the basket and force the refs to make a call", I started laughing.

Never in a million years would I have imagined those kind of fouls being made, or called, at the end of a game.
      HWill -
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Not sure if the Pitt free throw was intentionally missed
      Tie game. No way was it intentional.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      Tie game. No way was it intentional.
      Ah... you're right. Either way though, unless the ball is coming right at you, you have to let it go and not fight for it in that instance.
      CLW -
      ODD ending to say the least but both were CORRECT calls. If it is a foul in the first minute of the game it is a foul in the last minute of the game.
      morsdraconis -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      ODD ending to say the least but both were CORRECT calls. If it is a foul in the first minute of the game it is a foul in the last minute of the game.
      Coming from a Duke fan, you've got to be freakin' kidding me right?
      NatureBoy -
      The left side of my bracket looks good.
      The right side, not looking good at all.
      SmoothPancakes -
      East, West and Southwest Regions all look great for me. Oakland is the only Sweet Sixteen team I have missed so far. The Southeast, not a single damn team left playing that I had picked.
      CLW -
      2nd Place and all of my Final 4 still alive.
      psusnoop -
      I'm beating Mors and Papa atleast, otherwise not the best start hahahaha

That ending was just amazing Pitt vs Butler. Why was Pitt even down there for the rebound? They should have all lined up at half court.