• Help Shape NCAA Football: Band Locations

The NCAA Football team is reaching out to the community and wants your help in gathering team reference details for possible inclusion in the years to come. After asking for info on Cheerleader Chants several months ago, they now want your help in learning where each college football marching band sits in their home stadium, as well as bowl, conference championship and neutral site locations.

Share your team - or any team you know - info in this thread with a photo reference/circling the section on a seating chart image. A written description would also work, but obviously a photo reference would be more beneficial.

UPDATE - Band seating sections have been gathered for ALL venues in NCAA Football. Great work by the community! Feel free to double check the list and make sure the info for your favorite program is correct.

Comments 400 Comments
      JeffHCross -
      Brian, I'll let you take care of this since you'll probably be able to fact-check it the best.

Here's what I got on Facebook from one of my friends ... he actually messaged me several days ago, but it was stuck in my Spam mail (stupid gmail)

"Jeff, if you look at this photo: www.rosebowlstadium.com/pdfs/Rose-Bowl-Map.pdf The bands sit in opposite ends of the stadium in the "lettered row seats", OSU's band was in--according to the directional key--in the northwest corner, Oregon's band was in southeast corner."
      Paakaa10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      "Jeff, if you look at this photo: www.rosebowlstadium.com/pdfs/Rose-Bowl-Map.pdf The bands sit in opposite ends of the stadium in the "lettered row seats", OSU's band was in--according to the directional key--in the northwest corner, Oregon's band was in southeast corner."
      In CDJ's initial posting about the Rose Bowl, he ascertained "Front of Section 27" and "Front of Section 14," which essentially correspond to the corners that your friend mentions in his message; good news as far as that goes. As long as we have good reference photos--and I believe that we do--and we make it clear that the bands are not in the seats but actually on the field in "temporary" seating, then we should be able to get across the right information.
      JeffHCross -
      Good news, thanks for confirming it man.
      Paakaa10 -
      Sorry for the delay in images with my move from Maine to Michigan; still haven't set up my TV or PS3 yet at the in-laws, but I hope to do that in the next day or so. Once that is done, I'll resume taking the pictures and posting them to the thread.
      cdj -
      I hope to get back to editing pics here shortly. Wanted to get Madden tourney rolling. Now that most of it is in place, I hope to help you with the images, Paakaa.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
      Sorry for the delay in images with my move from Maine to Michigan
      No worries, I still have sympathy for you for having to move to Michigan.
      Paakaa10 -
      No worries, I still have sympathy for you for having to move to Michigan.
      Haha; it has been quite the welcome to the region with this whole "Snowmageddon" thing rolling through the Midwest. My wife and I left our old apartment in Maine at 8:30AM on Sunday morning and took two days to get out here around 8:30PM last night. If we'd left a day later, we'd have been really screwed; especially me driving a 16-foot Penske moving truck.
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      [QUOTE=Paakaa10;39673]

Nevada Wolfpack -- Right Side of North GA Seats

/QUOTE]

Make sure the steps and a little bit of the left side of the section to the right is covered rather than the small section to the right. If you look here you can see what i mean

http://http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4083/5033979720_c5660a0e76_b.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkBPd..._order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbVud00YHKQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsrOW..._order&list=UL
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
      More reference screenshots from NCAA Football 11.

Purdue Boilermakers -- Sections 113-117

(Note: I think we have too many sections listed; we'll need to check the actual band sections versus the seating chart.)
      Note that they sit on those field level bleachers in those sections you said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsFfVUp5U5g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpLXSNLrvpw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnVZL...eature=related
      Paakaa10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by OSUCowboyofMD View Post

Make sure the steps and a little bit of the left side of the section to the right is covered rather than the small section to the right. If you look here you can see what i mean

http://http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4083/5033979720_c5660a0e76_b.jpg
      Thanks for the feedback; I'm just snapping the pictures in NCAA Football 11--trying to focus on the section we've designated as the "band section" and include other landmarks--while I believe that CDJ will be taking these images and circling/highlighting the specific sections after comparing them to our real-life reference photos. What I'm posting here are just the "source" images to begin with and the specific notes will be included later on.
      Paakaa10 -
      NCAA 11 Screenshot Update: Just finished the "U" schools tonight (February 2nd, 2011); hoping to wrap up the "V" and "W" schools tomorrow, and then progress on the Conference Championship/Neutral Site Rivalries and Bowl Games will go from there.
      Paakaa10 -
      Just finished out "The 120" with Wyoming at 10:04AM ET today; going to upload the "V" and "W" images so that I can attach them, and then we'll have those stadiums taken care of!
      baseballplyrmvp -
      should we get the info for denver university, texas-san antonio, and texas state since they're joining the wac in the 2012-13 season?
      Paakaa10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
      should we get the info for denver university, texas-san antonio, and texas state since they're joining the wac in the 2012-13 season?
      If that information is available, it won't hurt to have it on-hand. We'll just compile it separately until those teams are confirmed to be in the game.

EDIT:
      The Denver University Pioneers have not had a football team since 1960 or so; they will not be joining the WAC in football as a result.

The University of Texas at San Antonio Roadrunners will begin playing in 2011at the Alamodome; here is the seating chart from their website:

The dark red represents the Student/Band sections. Until the team begins play, we won't know for sure where the band will be seated. We may be able to use the Alamo Bowl band section as a placeholder until we have reference photos; since there is a band in Section 125--which is in the dark red--at the Alamo Bowl, that could be a solid guess in the meantime.

Here's a "fun" look at what UTSA's turf may look like at the Alamodome, though it hasn't been confirmed yet:

The Texas State University Bobcats play at Bobcat Stadium; the band sits in Section F, which is the black section on the seating chart below:

SIDE NOTE: NCAA Football 11 images for Conference Championship games and Neutral Site Rivalries are now finished. Bowl Games will be started at some point, but probably not today.
      Paakaa10 -
      After a whole lot of time spent going through NCAA Football 11, taking screenshots, downloading them to my computer, and uploading them to my blogspace, I finally have provided in-game reference images for all of the band sections that we figured out. Enjoy!
      JeffHCross -
      Wouldn't it be awesome if you could put all the hours you spent on this onto your resume?

Incredibly job to finish this off, Brian. Very impressive dedication.
      Paakaa10 -
      Wouldn't it be awesome if you could put all the hours you spent on this onto your resume?
      Haha indeed. Maybe I'll find some way to make researching details for sports video games a marketable career trait.

Incredibly job to finish this off, Brian. Very impressive dedication.
      Thanks man; I attribute it to my wonderful OCD, preventing me from even thinking of abandoning this project once I started it.
      cdj -
      Highlighted sections completed for teams A-F. Hope to get them done early this week, then will place pic into each appropriate team post.
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by HWill View Post
      LSU - Tiger Stadium

Sections: Towards top of 222/223

Name: "The Golden Band from Tigerland"

According to this photo and the seating chart, the band sits at the top of sections 222 and 223.
      I'm beginning to think this one is wrong. Go through a bunch of the videos at this YT account (all/most dated 2010, I believe) and they appear to be more in 217.
      Paakaa10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      I'm beginning to think this one is wrong. Go through a bunch of the videos at this YT account (all/most dated 2010, I believe) and they appear to be more in 217.
      Good find; I'm on-board with this band section switcheroo. I'll even take the time to go back into NCAA Football 11 and re-capture the band section for this later on today when I have the chance.