• Help Shape NCAA Football: Band Locations

The NCAA Football team is reaching out to the community and wants your help in gathering team reference details for possible inclusion in the years to come. After asking for info on Cheerleader Chants several months ago, they now want your help in learning where each college football marching band sits in their home stadium, as well as bowl, conference championship and neutral site locations.

Share your team - or any team you know - info in this thread with a photo reference/circling the section on a seating chart image. A written description would also work, but obviously a photo reference would be more beneficial.

UPDATE - Band seating sections have been gathered for ALL venues in NCAA Football. Great work by the community! Feel free to double check the list and make sure the info for your favorite program is correct.

Comments 400 Comments
      Paakaa10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      FWIW, I don't think we need to make a particular effort to rename the bowls for the dev team. If nothing else, we'll be lucky if they don't rename themselves ten more times before release. The Military Bowl wasn't even renamed until October :-/
      It's less of a consideration for the dev team and more a consideration for my own sanity with my obsessive-compulsive attention to details haha. In case my ridiculous amount of time spent research band seating sections hasn't already betrayed my OCD enough.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      gee whiz, to all the guys doing this research and finding pics, you're doing a truly spectacular job.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
      It's less of a consideration for the dev team and more a consideration for my own sanity with my obsessive-compulsive attention to details haha.
      Haha. Understood, then.
      cdj -
      Paakaa - Your Liberty Bowl seating chart was only showing upper tier section numbers. I found one with the lower numbers and it matches up with the pics. (You can see 27 next to the green band on the left.)

G - Updated UL-Monroe. Does that look right now?
      cdj -
      Updated through 216. Will keep at it, but going back now to get Rutgers since that seems to be missed for some reason. Nice catch, Paakaa.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      That pic is definitely more up-to-date, however I'm not sure that the section you put is correct considering that there is a band on the field and the section you put is still full... I assume thats the visitors section and/or visitors band considering how red their shirts are.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Sheraton-Hawaii bowl

Home Band: Front of Section RR
      Away Band: Front of Section R

hawaii's band is located bottom part of section R

Away Band - Section RR

[IMG][/IMG]
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      That pic is definitely more up-to-date, however I'm not sure that the section you put is correct considering that there is a band on the field and the section you put is still full... I assume thats the visitors section and/or visitors band considering how red their shirts are.
      I think it's the opposite end of those stands based on this video (check the end of the play that starts at 1:01)
      JeffHCross -
      I've posted on Facebook asking if anyone knows where TBDBITL or the Oregon band were seating during the Rose Bowl ... hopefully one of my friends that went to the game or former band members can tell me.

Go ahead and "reserve" that one for me, cdj. Even if my friends don't get back to me, I'm confident I can find it.
      cdj -
      Good stuff, JHC, G, & bb.

Paakaa (& anyone else) - Go back to the previous page and LMK what you think of what I added to the Military Bowl. They seemed to change things up from 2009 to 2010.
      Paakaa10 -
      Good stuff, JHC, G, & bb.

Paakaa (& anyone else) - Go back to the previous page and LMK what you think of what I added to the Military Bowl. They seemed to change things up from 2009 to 2010.
      Looks like they did; good catch, man. I'm right there with you on the numbers you have for the band sections.
      Paakaa10 -
      Couple conflicting images here; I have one from the 2006 Game that shows both bands sitting in the stands, and one from the 2010 game which only shows one band in a slightly different section.

Home Band: Section 122
      Away Band: Section 101

Seating Chart:

2006 Game: Section 101 and Section 123

2010 Game: Section 122
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
      Haven't been able to get great shots of both teams, but I know that one team's band sat in Sections 56-57 in the 2007 game.
      I'm guessing this one is the same as the Holiday Bowl. Section 57 & 45. LMK if you agree and we can go with it.

Another angle from 2010 (link)

FWIW, in 2009 the Cal Band sat in one of the sections that was tarped off in 2010.
      Paakaa10 -
      I'm guessing this one is the same as the Holiday Bowl. Section 57 & 45. LMK if you agree and we can go with it.

Another angle from 2010 (link)

FWIW, in 2009 the Cal Band sat in one of the sections that was tarped off in 2010.
      With it being the same stadium, I feel pretty confident that the band sections would be the same even though they're two "different" bowl games.
      Paakaa10 -

I'm pretty certain that this indoor venue fits the typical layout of band sections in terms of having the sections behind the endzones at opposite ends of the stadium. These should be Sections 103 & 125.

Home Band: Front Half of Section 103

Away Band: Front Half of Section 125

Seating Chart:

2005 Game Showing Michigan Band:

2004 Game Showing Ohio State Band:

2010 Game Showing Arizona Band (behind the "lovely" couple):
      cdj -
      I think it's the opposite end of those stands based on this video (check the end of the play that starts at 1:01)
      That appears to put them at the Front Half of Section 102. That work?
      gschwendt -
      That appears to put them at the Front Half of Section 102. That work?
      No... it'd actually be right half of 113.
      Paakaa10 -
      Looks like both bands--at least in the 2005 game, which I have the most pictures of--are seated directly behind the uprights in each endzone. This corresponds to Sections 101/102 & 121.

Home Band: Section 101
      Away Band: Section 121

Seating Chart:

And here's the photo dump:

Placement may be somewhat dependent on how large a band is, it would seem.
      JeffHCross -
      Makes sense. I would expect that the ACC Championship game would use the same alignment as the Meineke Car Care game, and that appears to be the case.
      cdj -
      No... it'd actually be right half of 113.
      I think it's left half of 114. The band is sitting to the right of the last tunnel before the tarps appear.