• Share Your Impressions of NCAA Football 11

NCAA Football 11 is now available across the United States! As you crack open the case and check out the game for the first time, make sure to share your thoughts and feedback with the NCAA Football community.

Click Read More to leave your thoughts!
    Comments 370 Comments
      Kwizzy -
      Picked up the game this morning on my way in to work, won't be able to play until this evening but the 50 limit on formation subs actually does have a negative effect on me.

i will actually struggle to keep my subs under 50. I planned on using it to get different HBs, TEs, & WRs into all of my different formations as well as on special teams & some defensive adjustments as well. Gonna have to sort through & decide what I can get away with using packages & whatnot on offense as defense & special teams are my priority here.

Excited to be able to play the game & share some thoughts later.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      Me too. I won't be able to play until tonight.

I guess the stat overlays only pop up every 100 rushing & receiving yards and 300 yards passing. CD guys, is there any way to ask the NCAA devs to decrease those yardage totals? ie. Pop up every 50 rush/receiving yard totals and every 150 yards passing? It would at least show them twice as much.
      We mentioned it back at community day. I suggested something like Madden where it shows the result, and then the total for the game after every play that they're involved in.
      Solidice -
      just picked it up at Wal-Mart(you get a $5 gift card along with NCAA 11 it seems) and just installed it to the hard drive. if anyone was wondering, it takes up 6.1 GBs
      AustinWolv -
      Played last night after midnight release and then just started up again right now. Playing on Heisman default and I'm impressed. Game feels balanced so far, not cheap/cheating like Heisman is years past.
      The CPU is AGGRESSIVE on defense, they blitz you like mad and it gets there quick. Really need to stay on top of the down and yardage to keep them off-balance.
      Had some sweet runs, options, and some long passes already.

Playing defense is tough in that having to get used to the locomotion when going after ballcarriers and how to stop the CPU passing game. If they get a sniff of success on the ground, they really attack it hard and keep at it.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
      Played last night after midnight release and then just started up again right now. Playing on Heisman default and I'm impressed. Game feels balanced so far, not cheap/cheating like Heisman is years past.
      The CPU is AGGRESSIVE on defense, they blitz you like mad and it gets there quick. Really need to stay on top of the down and yardage to keep them off-balance.
      Had some sweet runs, options, and some long passes already.

Playing defense is tough in that having to get used to the locomotion when going after ballcarriers and how to stop the CPU passing game. If they get a sniff of success on the ground, they really attack it hard and keep at it.
      For not playing much on Heisman, this was what I noticed most. The other was on many slant routes the defender was in front and ahead, so it was tough to complete unless you could accurately throw behind.
      AustinWolv -
      Other aspects:
      The CPU offensive-playcalling has been pretty good from what I've seen. No blatantly dumb playcalls and they'll surprise you at times. Much improved from years past so far.

The amount of dropped passes is great and they don't look forced like in years past in order to account for lowering robo-QB's percentage.....they are due to tight coverage or tough catches or strips. Seen a couple bad throws.

Definitely a big difference in playing an equal-rated team versus playing one that is a grade higher or so. The LOS play is noticeable in that I'm playing MINN and it is much easier to get defensive penetration than compared to an OSU for example.

Need to work on running strategy out of the gun still. Running the ball out of I or Ace is pretty easy, but out of the gun it'll get eaten up still so need to toy with setting it up better as forcing it won't work.

Also, I was playing with the right stick moves in practice mode and noticed that when auto-sprint kicks in, you can't do spins. I turned it back to manual sprint which gives you better flexibility downfield. I've been using the right stick plenty for leans and trucking to cover up, but not sold on it for spins yet.
      Nothingface -
      It's only 7:23am and i'm out of patience. lol.
      JBHuskers -
      Other aspects:
      The CPU offensive-playcalling has been pretty good from what I've seen. No blatantly dumb playcalls and they'll surprise you at times. Much improved from years past so far.

The amount of dropped passes is great and they don't look forced like in years past in order to account for lowering robo-QB's percentage.....they are due to tight coverage or tough catches or strips. Seen a couple bad throws.

Definitely a big difference in playing an equal-rated team versus playing one that is a grade higher or so. The LOS play is noticeable in that I'm playing MINN and it is much easier to get defensive penetration than compared to an OSU for example.

Need to work on running strategy out of the gun still. Running the ball out of I or Ace is pretty easy, but out of the gun it'll get eaten up still so need to toy with setting it up better as forcing it won't work.

Also, I was playing with the right stick moves in practice mode and noticed that when auto-sprint kicks in, you can't do spins. I turned it back to manual sprint which gives you better flexibility downfield. I've been using the right stick plenty for leans and trucking to cover up, but not sold on it for spins yet.
      Yes! The CPU busted out with a draw on 3rd and 12 once ..... :eek:
      souljahbill -
      I've never had to use my punter so much. I punted 6 times in a game already. The computer is also really good on 3rd down. It seems to be too good sometimes. The cpu still has that tendency of being able to throw accurately a millisecond before getting hit whereas I'll eat dirt or throw a duck in the same situation.
      AustinWolv -
      Man, it is tough getting the CPU off the field on Heisman at times. I just gave up a 17 play drive for a FG that ate 4:50 of a 7min 3rd quarter. Broken tackles were silly on one play, but missed tackles getting used to the defender locomotion still gave them a first down at least one on another play.
      TheShockDoctor -
      I really like this game but my first play was a play action pass fromt he shotgun and my QB just stood there and wouldnt move and he got sacked...I ran it a few more times and I think it is indeed a glitch. Ill try to find the play again and give you the name of it.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by TheShockDoctor View Post
      I really like this game but my first play was a play action pass fromt he shotgun and my QB just stood there and wouldnt move and he got sacked...I ran it a few more times and I think it is indeed a glitch. Ill try to find the play again and give you the name of it.
      Please do and we'll send a video along to the developers. Was it in the Michigan playbook? I've played through just about the entire playbook and haven't come across it but will be interested in seeing it.
      Solidice -
      Play my first game, Texas @ Texas Tech(me), default AA, 7 minute quarters, no gameplan adjustments(except chew clock late in the game)

final score, TTU 20, UT 7

it was a fairly easy game for me. both teams had 2 turnover, I fumbled twice, Ut fumbled once and threw a pick. I was pretty conservative on offense and defense, didn't blitz much at all. Texas punted 5 times to my 2. my defense controlled UTs offense for pretty much the entire game, UT didn't score until under 2 minutes to go in the game(blown coverage by me).
      my QB finished 17-24 234 yards 2 Tds, sacked 2 times. Texas' QB was 10-13 121 yards 1 TD 1 Int, sacked 5 times. neither team ran the ball great.

the player of the game was my LE, 7 total tackles(6 solo) and 4 sacks.

fun game overall, wished Texas could have put up more of a fight.

first TD of the game, Sheffield(who I started over Potts) to Torres for a 68 yard TD.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/22264898
      Coachdenz -
      well I went and got the game last night at midnight, and one point that I would like to make:

1. I don't know why in the hell at 37 I would drive 25 miles at 11PM to get a game.
      2. I haven't played it yet
      3. Next year I will be sure to get FREE overnight shipping.
      4. I'm pretty sure out of the 75-100 people wanting to get the game I was the oldest one in line.
      5. I hope everyone has fun today, cause my old self is tired and doubt that I will get many games in today.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by Coachdenz View Post
      well I went and got the game last night at midnight, and one point that I would like to make:

1. I don't know why in the hell at 37 I would drive 25 miles at 11PM to get a game.
      2. I haven't played it yet
      3. Next year I will be sure to get FREE overnight shipping.
      4. I'm pretty sure out of the 75-100 people wanting to get the game I was the oldest one in line.
      5. I hope everyone has fun today, cause my old self is tired and doubt that I will get many games in today.
      yeah the last couple of years I've given up on doing midnight releases for anything.
      AustinWolv -
      I finished a 7min Hiesman game. My QB was 77% completion, no TDs, 1 pick. CPU QB was 59% with 1 TD, no picks. I lost by 1.
      Both teams struggled on the ground, with the starting RBs averaging 2.5 and 3.4ypc respectively.

There were about 110 plays in the game, so will probably try 8min quarters a bit later to see about getting more plays to match usual NCAA average number of plays around 120.
      souljahbill -
      I finished a 7min Hiesman game. My QB was 77% completion, no TDs, 1 pick. CPU QB was 59% with 1 TD, no picks. I lost by 1.
      Both teams struggled on the ground, with the starting RBs averaging 2.5 and 3.4ypc respectively.

There were about 110 plays in the game, so will probably try 8min quarters a bit later to see about getting more plays to match usual NCAA average number of plays around 120.
      And everyone was worried that every game would be a shootout.
      razorback44 -
      This game is amazing! At halftime of my first game and it is just perfect so far.
      SpreadCoach -
      Well I just got my copy from amazon, rip open the cover, open the case, and NO DISC in the case. Let me say this again, NO DISC! This sucks, I'm at a loss for words, seems I will be waiting one more day, I have called Amazon they are shipping me another one.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpreadCoach View Post
      Well I just got my copy from amazon, rip open the cover, open the case, and NO DISC in the case. Let me say this again, NO DISC! This sucks, I'm at a loss for words, seems I will be waiting one more day, I have called Amazon they are shipping me another one.
      :eek: that blows man.