• ESPN Video Games: NCAA Football 11 Top 25 Gallery

ESPN Video Games has posted a photo gallery for the Top 25 teams in NCAA Football 11. Each photo also lists the overall, offensive, and defensive rating for each team.

Click Read More to see the Top 25 and links to each picture.

25. Houston
    24. Cincinnati
    23. Utah
    22. North Carolina
    21. Florida State
    20. Arkansas
    19. Oregon State
    18. Penn State
    17. LSU
    16. Pitt
    15. Oklahoma
    14. Miami
    13. USC
    12. Georgia Tech
    11. Wisconsin
    10. Iowa
    9. Nebraska
    8. TCU
    7. Virginia Tech
    6. Florida
    5. Boise State
    4. Oregon
    3. Texas
    2. Ohio State
    1. Alabama
    Comments 51 Comments
      Adam Thompson - EA -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      I noticed they added quite a few changes in terms of small stadium edits and field art between March and April which people will appreciate in the final version. It helps the immersion factor when they are up to date, but I wish there was an easier way for you guys to get the assets or support from the schools. It seems like some bend over backwards getting you guys info and some, well don't.
      That's exactly what happens. One thing I have already done this year is send stadium shots out for approval early... we did it this week! I think this will reduce the number of cuts, but with 150+ stadiums it is hard to not leave stuff out.
      Jayrah -
      NVM Adam, I got the answer off the mascot thread!
      Adam Thompson - EA -
      Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
      And I think that's something that FEW people truly understand. A BIG BIG part of getting the updates for the game when it comes to art for school likenesses, stadiums, etc, is unfortunately at the mercy of what the schools are willing to send their way. EA certainly doesn't have the budget or time to go to all 120 schools personally and get the information in person. So they have to give them a call and be at the mercy of those people they are contacting about getting it correct.

If only more schools were easier to work with or, even more so, it was easier for the guys at EA to get the information that they needed to get everything up to date, but they have to work with what they can get. Sometimes that means not getting a whole stadium in, sometimes that means missing a detail or two on some mascots.
      That's it in a nutshell. But every year we miss stuff that we shouldn't. There is no reason to blame the schools for not providing us with every update. We can always do better and while budget does come into play on the bigger items, it really comes down to a numbers game. 150+ stadiums and most of them make a change every year that will upset someone for not making the game. I don't wanna say we'll never have it perfect, because that has to be the ultimate goal, but our focus has to be on improving this every year.
      Adam Thompson - EA -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      I, for one, would certainly hope that you guys know how much the rest of us appreciate what you all do. "Lazy" is not a word I believe will ever be uttered here. Thank you and please let Jean know that his work is very appreciated as well. I can't wait to get my hands on 11!
      Heh.. he was sleeping on the job! Sure it was 4am and he just wrapped up a 16 hour day, but he was at work and sleeping! haha
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam Thompson - EA View Post
      That's it in a nutshell. But every year we miss stuff that we shouldn't. There is no reason to blame the schools for not providing us with every update. We can always do better and while budget does come into play on the bigger items, it really comes down to a numbers game. 150+ stadiums and most of them make a change every year that will upset someone for not making the game. I don't wanna say we'll never have it perfect, because that has to be the ultimate goal, but our focus has to be on improving this every year.
      This attitude shows far beyond your words this year man. No doubt about it. We all certainly thank you for a great season of work.
      Adam Thompson - EA -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      NVM Adam, I got the answer off the mascot thread!
      Back in the day, yes. I made a post about it in the mascots thread tonight. It used to be really hard to get good up to date mascot photos. However, Toledo pointed me to Rocky the Rocket's facebook page for photos this year and I found an incredible avenue for mascot pictures. Apparently, they all have their own Facebook page with lots of photos! Especially with the way Facebook works if you post a photo of a mascot on your page, and tag it with that mascot's name, it will show up on the mascot's Facebook page. I will never worry about mascot reference again.

Stadiums are still a little trickier... I have to hope that those schools' fans took photos and posted them on Flickr etc and put the right tags on them (especially the date of the photo!).
      Solidice -
      Heh.. he was sleeping on the job! Sure it was 4am and he just wrapped up a 16 hour day, but he was at work and sleeping! haha
      maybe he wanted to save gas.
      Adam Thompson - EA -
      Quote Originally Posted by Solidice View Post
      maybe he wanted to save gas.
      Actually, that is probably true. He has a crummy commute and was looking at a lot of work to be done in the next two days so he just didn't go home.
      Potatoes002 -
      That's exactly what happens. One thing I have already done this year is send stadium shots out for approval early... we did it this week! I think this will reduce the number of cuts, but with 150+ stadiums it is hard to not leave stuff out.
      How long does it take to complete a stadium in the game from start to finish compared to the last-gen (xbox, ps2) stadiums?
      ebin -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      Somebody please explain to me how Oregon is #4. With Masoli I would agree. With him off the team I just don't see it. Boise St. should be ranked ahead of them. They return practically every starter and like it or not, they beat them head to head and won a BCS bowl game. OSU bounced a Masoli led Oregon team.
      Surprised the hell out of me. That is a good 5-6 spots higher than I would have expected. I can't argue with anything you said, though technically, Masoli is still a Duck in the game.
      Jayrah -
      Stadiums are still a little trickier... I have to hope that those schools' fans took photos and posted them on Flickr etc and put the right tags on them (especially the date of the photo!).
      I assume you got my massive stadium post from Utopia last year then, to get all that wsu stuff in? Well, mine and Potatoes' posts
      Potatoes002 -
      I assume you got my massive stadium post from Utopia last year then, to get all that wsu stuff in? Well, mine and Potatoes' posts
      He owed us in adding Martin Stadium's renovations, we were the last BCS team to get their stadium added to the game
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by Potatoes002 View Post
      He owed us in adding Martin Stadium's renovations, we were the last BCS team to get their stadium added to the game
      And that is a fact! haha. Hope the mega replay board is in along with the tunnel flag on the east zone
      Potatoes002 -
      And that is a fact! haha. Hope the mega replay board is in along with the tunnel flag on the east zone
      Unless Adam is blind, it probably will be in. The video board was the most visible piece about the renovation.

You hear they will probably stall Phase III of our renovations? Looks like WSU would rather update our weight room (already completed and it's state of the art now) and maybe add a separate football only practice facility among other things.
      Jayrah -
      What!? Don't we already have both those? The stadium is going to be the fastest way back to the top 25 for us. I would not understand that line of thinking. Especially with all the other top Pac 10 schools renovating recently. Got to finish what has been started to compete.

Back on topic a little, what do you think about OSU (Pac) this year? If Moevoa is back and healthy they could be top dog I think. We'll see how he returns. Other than that they are stacked. With Masoli losing time I think OSU is poised to take it. Civil war could decide it.
      Potatoes002 -
      What!? Don't we already have both those? The stadium is going to be the fastest way back to the top 25 for us. I would not understand that line of thinking. Especially with all the other top Pac 10 schools renovating recently. Got to finish what has been started to compete.

Back on topic a little, what do you think about OSU (Pac) this year? If Moevoa is back and healthy they could be top dog I think. We'll see how he returns. Other than that they are stacked. With Masoli losing time I think OSU is poised to take it. Civil war could decide it.
      If we have one of the top athletic facilities in the conference that will attract higher caliber recruits. I guess they want to see product on the field first before they finish renovating our stadium.

I do believe it will come down to the Civil War to decide a champion, but with Oregon State prevailing this time.
      Adam Thompson - EA -
      Quote Originally Posted by Potatoes002 View Post
      How long does it take to complete a stadium in the game from start to finish compared to the last-gen (xbox, ps2) stadiums?
      Well, I don't remember how long last gen was. But a new stadium to final on the art side is about 500 hours. You'll need about 20 programmer hours for support on average there, and I don't know the QA time required.
      Adam Thompson - EA -
      We did make updates to Martin, but they were extensive. My stadium blog will have pics of both endzones. I'm not at the office till Tuesday, so I can't confirm or deny any other changes.

Can you give me a summary of what has been done and what is still slated to be done? I don't need pictures, I'm just trying to get an idea of how extensive it all is.
      Potatoes002 -
      We did make updates to Martin, but they were extensive. My stadium blog will have pics of both endzones. I'm not at the office till Tuesday, so I can't confirm or deny any other changes.

Can you give me a summary of what has been done and what is still slated to be done? I don't need pictures, I'm just trying to get an idea of how extensive it all is.
      Phase I and II are completed, Phase III might be on hold for awhile.

Phase I and II is pretty long so it's in spoiler tags.

Spoiler: show
      Phase II - North Side (Student Side)
      Construction began 12/06 - completion 9/07

Current/new restrooms
      Women's - 34 toilets/91 toilets
      Men's toilets - 8 toilets/34 toilets
      Men's urinals - 20 urinals/61 urinals
      Family toilets - 0/2
      Concessions pos (point of sale)
      Current/new (portable)
      Pos - 25/37 (16)

Improved circulation - 11,725 sq ft/25,871 sq ft

North strip parking
      Number of spaces is tentatively at 38
      ½ of the spaces will be covered
      Added amenities
      First aid room
      Permanent bookie space
      New entry gates (9/08 completion date)
      Heated restrooms/water
      New concessions commissary space

Phase I - South Side (Press Box Side)
      Construction began 12/06 - completion 8/08

Current/new (total) restrooms
      Women's - 22 toilets/40 (48) toilets
      Men's toilets - 9 toilets/ 16 (20) toilets
      Men's urinals - 25 urinals/28 (41) urinals
      Family toilets - 0/1
      Added amenities
      New entrances at gate g (2008 season)
      Heated restrooms/water
      New concessions office space (2008 season)

Phase I - East End Zone (Stadium Way End)
      Construction began 12/06 - completion 8/08

Current/new restrooms
      Women's - 0 toilets/25 toilets
      Men's toilets - 0 toilets/9 toilets
      Men's urinals - 0 urinals/16 urinals
      Family toilets - 0/1
      Concession pos current/new (portable)
      Pos - 18 (all portable)/11 (5)

Improved circulation - 8,650 sq ft/17,185 sq ft

Ticket office
      Year round ticket office located at new ne plaza
      8 exterior windows/6 interior windows
      Staff offices

NE plaza - Butch's Cage/the new front door
      New entry into stadium/gathering place
      Beautification of area
      Donor opportunities
      Improved circulation

Added amenities
      Security room
      Improved storage
      New entry gates
      Heated restrooms/water

Overview of the phases are here http://martinstadium.org/teambuilt/phases.html

And the artist renditioning of the stadium and other plans http://martinstadium.org/home.html
      Adam Thompson - EA -
      Yeah, I've seen that copy pasta before and it is hard to wade through the stuff about new bathrooms and water fountains to get to what we need to do update for the game. We'll worry about whether or not the new paint job at the hotdog session is up to date on Xbox 1440.

Just let me know when the screenshots go out next week if we missed anything or if there is stuff not in the screenshots that have changed.