• The Gaming Tailgate will have NCAA Football 11 on Tuesday 6/29

Numerous community members will be receiving copies of NCAA Football 11 on Tuesday, June 29 including the admins of The Gaming Tailgate and members/admins of other community sites. Please note that ALL ASSETS, IMPRESSIONS AND REVIEWS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED UNTIL FRIDAY, JULY 9TH AT 12:00PM EST (9:00AM PST). If we are able to utilize the Dynasty Wire feature, we will update this thread.

However, click Read More to view the already submitted questions and to post your own. Once the embargo is lifted, we will attempt to answer as many as possible as well as provide game media and information.

Comments 163 Comments
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      No, but we couldn't echo or discuss our thoughts versus theirs. I fully expect people to start getting the game from the 6th or so on. It seems like people always find it a week or so early and especially from that Friday (the 9th) through Tuesday.
      Feel free, then, to ship me your copy so I can answer questions.

For the good of the community, of course.:p
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      Feel free, then, to ship me your copy so I can answer questions.

For the good of the community, of course.:p
      I'll get right on that.
      Coachdenz -
      Gameplay video Arkansas st vs Troy
      Rudy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
      I hope every copy you guys received doesn't work and you all don’t receive another copy until July 13th.
      LOL.

Can you guys comment on the relative difficulty levels? Can you at least comment on what difficulty setting you will be playing on and scores of your games?
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      LOL.

Can you guys comment on the relative difficulty levels? Can you at least comment on what difficulty setting you will be playing on and scores of your games?
      My take is a completely better safe than sorry approach. I'm probably not going to post ANYTHING NCAA11 specific until they give us the go ahead.
      LuGer33 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      My take is a completely better safe than sorry approach. I'm probably not going to post ANYTHING NCAA11 specific until they give us the go ahead.
      Same here. I might send a picture of the game in my hand to a buddy of mine from school to mess with him, but other than that, I think we'd all be smart to just keep quiet until we are good to go.
      Jayrah -
      That's pretty cool you jerks! :p

Man, suddenly the time's going even slower

BTW, don't get too good dudes, I wanna at least be a challenge when I play you on TGTD.
      HuskerBlitz -
      Can you guys check to see if TeamBuilder schools can be used for normal online games?
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by HuskerBlitz View Post
      Can you guys check to see if TeamBuilder schools can be used for normal online games?
      From the EA SPORTS Online Pass page, that appears to be in the game. Get the game new or buy Online Pass and you get:

- Recruiting Reports for use in Dynasty Mode

- Twelve TeamBuilder Slots to download your custom teams for use in Play Now, Head-to-Head Online, Dynasty, and Online Dynasty Modes

- Online Multiplayer Modes such as Online Play Now, Head-to-Head, Online Dynasty, and More**
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      - Twelve TeamBuilder Slots to download your custom teams for use in Play Now, Head-to-Head Online, Dynasty, and Online Dynasty Modes
      I somehow managed to overlook that. That will be very handy... not only for guys that want to create a TeamBuilder team, but also guys in an OD can use it as a work around to play exhibition games. Granted they would have to put in a fair amount of work to recreate their team in TeamBuilder, but at least it's an option.
      HuskerBlitz -
      Yeah, I totally missed that as well when I was reading over it. Awesome. Thanks!
      psusnoop -
      Great to hear guys, I'm betting you were all happy to hear that they'll be flowing in tomorrow.

I'm with you guys, on a better safe then sorry approach. No need to push anything right now, keep the positive things flowing nicely for you and this site!
      iBrandon -
      Instead of my bothering you with questions, can one of you guys who gets a 360 copy just send it to me and I'll answer all my questions myself and I'll have it back to you in a few days? If one of you guys who got a PS3 copy want to send it to me, you'll have to send your PS3 with it, since all I have is a 360.

Thanks for being good sports and doing that. I'll PM you my address.

Thanks,
      Brandon
      JBHuskers -
      I hope every copy you guys received doesn't work and you all don’t receive another copy until July 13th.
      Geee thanks for the support :p

Quote Originally Posted by texacotea View Post
      guess it pays off giving ben and those guys special favors

a week is a long way away for you all to hold info
      Not when we had to hold the previous info for a couple months LOL

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
      Will you guys have access to online? I'll just curious about how the lobby and online interface is setup.

It would also be GREAT to get your guys' impressions on just how much the pass rush and pass coverage have been improved over the demo. Congrats, by the way!
      Not sure on the online....guess will find out tomorrow.
      LuGer33 -
      Instead of my bothering you with questions, can one of you guys who gets a 360 copy just send it to me and I'll answer all my questions myself and I'll have it back to you in a few days? If one of you guys who got a PS3 copy want to send it to me, you'll have to send your PS3 with it, since all I have is a 360.

Thanks for being good sports and doing that. I'll PM you my address.

Thanks,
      Brandon
      I'll a flip a coin. Call it in the air!
      texacotea -
      CD does this mean we will have rosters the day the game drops? I dont know what else you would use these 2 weeks for anyway
      randolph11 -
      I would love for you guys to post a video featuring Auburn with Malzahn's playbook. I 'm really anxious to see EA's interpretation!
      Kwizzy -
      Ok, I don't have a whole lot of time this week so here's a quick list of things I'd like to see/impressions I'd be interested in:

-Screenshots of the formations in Nebraska's Playbook. (I wanna start planning my formations subs!) And of course any videos featuring Nebraska are more than welcome. I'd also like to see some Auburn videos as I'll be using them in and Online Dynasty.

-Impressions/videos on the default pass rush and coverage on both Heisman and All-American difficulty. Also, thoughts/videos on the effects of the sliders on those aspects of gameplay.

-Videos of a highly rated DT and DE vs different Olineman (Highly rated/Average/Poor). I'd like to know if elite Dlineman can change the game or if the blocking improvements have made their ratings less important.

-Thoughts and posts with GAME STATS from games with different difficulties and qtr lengths.

-How are the stat overlays? Are they a little more frequent & relevant?

-How is the stadium atmosphere? Do the fans react any more appropriately to what's happening on the field?

That's all I've got for now, I'll try to post more as I think of them...
      AustinWolv -
      -Videos of a highly rated DT and DE vs different Olineman (Highly rated/Average/Poor). I'd like to know if elite Dlineman can change the game or if the blocking improvements have made their ratings less important.
      +1. Good one.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
      +1. Good one.
      How about showing the highly rated DE & DT vs a high OL, a decent blocking TE, and a QB each lined up at either Tackle or Guard?