• TGT's Guide to E3 2018

E3 2018 and accompanying developer conferences are upon us. Once a three-day event, studios have spaced announcements over a week+ span to get what they believe is a proper share of the limelight and avoid being lost in the shuffle. However, one could argue that due to the sheer volume of announcements, game information could still get overlooked despite attempts to stand out.

To help keep you up-to-date with all the happenings at and surrounding E3, TGT has put together a guide to all of the press conferences by companies and studios such as Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, and others.

Continue on to see TGT’s guide to E3. Check back often as we update this article with the latest links, information, recaps, discussion, and more. Threads devoted to new games announced will likely be added to our Other Games Forum.

EA Play 2018 – June 9-11

Livestream June 9 @ 1 PM CT. Watch archive here:

EA Play Recap:
    Battle V Multiplayer
    FIFA 19
    Origin access Premier
    Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
    Star Wars Battlefront II: Discussion of future updates
    Unravel 2
    Sea of Solitude
    NBA LIVE 19
    Madden NFL 19
    Command & Conquer Rivals
    Anthem

Microsoft

Livestream June 10 @ 3 PM CT. Watch archive here:

Bethesda

Livestream June 10 @ 8:30 PM CT. Watch archive here:

Devolver Digital

Stream June 10 @ 10 PM CT. Watch archive here:

Square Enix

Livestream June 11 @ 12 PM CT. Watch archive here:

Ubisoft

Livestream June 11 @ 3 PM CT. Watch archive here:

Sony

Livestream June 11 @ 8 PM CT. Watch archive here:

Nintendo

Games expected to be shown/showcased: Untitled Super Smash Bros. game, Splatoon 2, RollerCoaster Tycoon, & more.

Livestream June 12 @ 11 AM CT. Watch here:

This article was originally published in forum thread: TGT's Guide to E3 2018 started by cdj View original post
    Comments 271 Comments
      SmoothPancakes -
      Talking about what's coming beyond this year.

A brand new next generation single player game, an all new epic franchise. A first wholly original franchise in 25 years.

Starfield sees the light of day at last!

It's a game they've been working on for years. They're also building toward the game after that.

THE ELDER SCROLLS!!!! FUCK YES!

The Elder Scrolls VI!

No title other than TES VI, no hint of what or where it might be or even a possible year of release, but they're working on it!
      SmoothPancakes -
      And that's a wrap on the Bethesda presser.
      JBHuskers -
      Holy cow Bethesda rocked the E3 presentation, Fallout 76 in November, Fallout Shelter on PS4 tonight, and ELDER SCROLLS VI ANNOUNCED!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      SmoothPancakes -
      This was funny as hell.

bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post

No title other than TES VI, no hint of what or where it might be or even a possible year of release, but they're working on it!
      The Elder Scrolls 6: Woostern Virgannia
      bdoughty -
      Finished the MS Conference.

MS conference gets a rating of A+Infinity (so no other conference can be better).
      Bethesda Conference gets a rating of A-.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      Finished the MS Conference.

MS conference gets a rating of A+Infinity (so no other conference can be better).
      Bethesda Conference gets a rating of A-.

MS really did have a good conference year. 50 games, there was very little time for talking, it was just one premiere or gameplay video after another.

Bethesda was also a good conference. They easily could have chopped out the live band at the beginning of the Rage 2 segment, and could have easily skipped all the VR and Quake Champions crap, but other than that, I enjoyed it!
      bdoughty -
      The rest of the week is pretty much anticlimactic now. All the good stuff is out of the way. Like opening all your presents on Christmas Eve.
      SmoothPancakes -
      The rest of the week is pretty much anticlimactic now. All the good stuff is out of the way. Like opening all your presents on Christmas Eve.
      In terms of unannounced games and surprise reveals, yeah, the climatic stuff is over.

However, tomorrow is Christmas day for me. Square Enix, where there should be a full gameplay video of Just Cause 4 released and I hope to god a lot more details on Final Fantasy VII Remake (I'm holding out hope we'll get a release date announced tomorrow, though I doubt it).

And then the Ubisoft conference, I'm hoping for new stuff on The Division 2 (I can't imagine they would blow their only gameplay video on the Microsoft conference and not have something new for their own conference) and the new Assassin's Creed.

And then waiting to hear more news on The Last of Us 2 and Death Stranding at the Sony conference, plus maybe any surprises they might have.
      bdoughty -
      The funniest part about that Skyrim Alexa commercial... It is actually real.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07D6STSX8/
      bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      I KNEW IT! ELDER SCROLLS!

The Elder Scrolls Blades.

Motherfuckers, it's not a true console Elder Scrolls. It's a mobile game. Fuck you Bethesda!

Blades will release this Fall for free, can pre-order it tonight on Apple App Store and Google Play.

I'll pass. I hate trying to play console-type games on goddamn phones.
      Like Fallout Shelter it will be coming to PC and consoles.

Elder Scrolls: Blades is coming to mobile devices this fall. It's also going to make its way onto consoles (as yet unnamed), VR headsets (including stand-alone, mobile device connected, and PC connected), and desktop computers.
      bdoughty -
      Smooth do you have Game Pass? Titles added yesterday.

The Division
      The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
      Fallout 4
      SmoothPancakes -
      The funniest part about that Skyrim Alexa commercial... It is actually real.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07D6STSX8/
      You gotta be shitting me! Todd Howard, you are a crazy bastard!

Like Fallout Shelter it will be coming to PC and consoles.
      Ah, okay, must have missed that part if they mentioned it during the conference. All I was seeing was a bunch of video of it being played on a mobile phone and them going on and on about it being playable in portrait mode, so you could play it during meetings and crap.

Smooth do you have Game Pass? Titles added yesterday.

The Division
      The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
      Fallout 4
      No, I don't have Game Pass, but I did inadvertantly end up with TES Online. I had it pulled up in the game store and had put my controller down to look up something online. I thought I had disabled the paddles on the back of my controller, but I apparently had not, as the paddle I assigned to A suddenly went nuts as it was pressed down on by the arm of the chair and before I could even pick up the controller, it was showing my accounti purchasing TES Online on my TV screen.

I thought about trying to get a refund from MS since I hadn't intended to actually purchase TES Online right then, but screw it. It was only $10 (as opposed to something like $30 or $60) and I probably would have ended up getting it at some point later, so I just kept it.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Time for Square Enix.
      SmoothPancakes -
      And we're starting with Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

Showed a video of the beginning of the game, now one of the developers talking about the game in a video.

And now onto gameplay video.

Stealth and combat looks pretty sweet in this game.

The game will have grappling, wall running, and full 360 degree underwater exploraton.

Now onto another video showing some of the stuff that will happen in the game.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Now onto an expansion for Final Fantasy XIV Online, called Stormblood.

And announcing the release of patch 4.3 called Under the Moonlight.

Now we're onto a video of Monster Hunter World. Apparently Monster Hunter World monsters will be coming to FF XIV online this summer.

Another premiere video of The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit (it takes place as a separate game in the Life Is Strange universe). It will be available June 26th for free.
      CLW -
      C- for Xbox

B- for Microsoft

I don't understand why MS has decided to completely ignore the true meaning of the word "exclusive". Xbox1 has ZERO exclusive games thus there is Zero reason to own the console.

It will be interesting to see if MS' solution to it's lack of content problem (Throwing $ at it by buying studios) will pay off in 4 years.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Our next video is a trailer for Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age.

Your journey begins September 4th, 2018.

Now we're moving onto a trailer for a game called Babylon's Fall, coming to PS4 and Steam in 2019.

Coming to Xbox, including previously released DLC, Nier: Automata: Become as Gods Edition. Releases on June 26th.

Now showing video for the game Octopath Traveler, available July 13th.
      JBHuskers -
      Never played Life Is Strange, but have it not sure of it was PS+ or I got it cheap. After seeing the trailer for that kid's adventure, I want to play it now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      SmoothPancakes -
      Aw yeah, moving onto Just Cause 4 now!

Goddamn this game looks beautiful. I can't wait for December 4th.

Vehicles have been overhauled. Extreme weather includes tornadoes (that will destroy buildings, bridges and level trees, as well as destroy vehicles and people neary), sand storms, forked lightning and blizzards.

Enemies now present a whole new threat to Rico.

The game is powered by the brand new open world Apex engine.