• NBA LIVE 16 Game Update 1.04 Now Available

NBA Live 16 game update 1.04 is now available to download on both PS4 & XB1. The update comes in at 3.9 GB in size.

The update adds a new LIVE Pro-Am venue, Margaret Hie Ding Lin Park in Chicago, 25+ new facescans, 48 new hairstyles, and more. Details from EA SPORTS are now available below.

UPDATE - There is also a new roster update for the title. While no details on this update are available (yet), it does unlock new uniforms including Miami's Hoops for Troops and Sacramento's baby blue throwbacks.

What’s good NBA LIVE fans?! We’re back with a new patch that includes an all-new Pro-Am court, gear, accessories, shoes, hairstyles, tattoos and updated player scans.

Named in honor of Margaret Hie Ding Lin in 2004, this small playground is located in the Near South community area and is best recognized from being featured in several soft drink beverage commercials featuring the Chicago Bulls’ MVP's, Michael Jordan and Derrick Rose. As you ball out at Margaret Ding Lin in Pro-Am, you’ll also see brand-new objectives, teams and unlocks.

Randy Harris is also back with some fresh new ink designs to swag out your player. Make sure you stop by the LIVE Spot and check them out.

There have also been 26 updated heads that have been added featuring some of the top rookies from around league.

You know you have to keep your player looking fresh. This update also adds over 50 new kicks, as well as new tops, bottoms and accessories.

Below are some additional improvements and fixes that have been made:

Gameplay Fixes:

• Improved rebound input response time
    • Added more rebound animations to help with timing and coverage
    • Improved failed rebound animations
    • Made it easier to perform spin layups.
    • Reduced sliding and warping for inside shots and layups. Also improved animation selection.
    • Shot percentage tuning for mid range and 3 point shots
    • Added a greater fatigue affect for shooting.
    • Improved loose ball responsiveness for steals/rebounds and blocked shots
    • Sizing up on the perimeter for a longer duration will now trigger isolations
    • Improved transition play after turnovers
    • Fixed rare issues with double dribbles from post up and unders
    • Improved catch animation selection for players in transition
    • Improved help defense when scoring from the post
    • Improved on ball defense facing logic to help cut off dribble penetration
    • Fixed a rare case where players warp across the court after a change of possession
    • Fixed rare cases where players hands wouldn't connect with the rim properly
    • Fixed rare issues with ball warping when passing
    • Summer Circuit AI alley-oop pass logic improvements
    • Addressed rare miss catches in the post
    • Fixed issues where pump fakes would over-rotate the players facing
    • Fixed rare issue where players would not face the basket when performing a jump shot

General Bug Fixes:

• Fixed Blocked Shot not counting for "Contest" objectives
    • Fixed gear display issues in Pro-Am lobby
    • Host now defaulted to “Start Game” in the Lobby of Pro-Am games
    • Fixed issue where Rising Star does not play the correct amount of minutes when the earned time is over thirty minutes
    • Fixed issue when viewing the post game wrap up in Ultimate Team, skipping through any point would occasionally cause a black background
    • Fixed issue where soaking in Pro AM Screens will occasionaly show online friends as offline
    • Improved detection of Contested Shots in the Paint
    • Fixed Brooklyn Nets road jersey not being in the correct tops menu when the user selects the PRO-AM outfits in the Gear Shop.
    • Inconsistent lighting for player avatar in summer circuit/live run lobbies adjusted
    • Added "Good Defense" event for stopping an inside shot via a collision
    • Improved stability if the fifth and fourth users leave a live run lobby just before the timer expires
    • Fixed Lobby host changes in persistent sessions
    • It is no longer possible to change your Play Style after becoming receiving the Superstar designation.
    • Fixed framerate drop when User B constrains the title in a H2H game.
    • Fixed occasional loud crowd cheer while playing in OKC
    • Enabled standing crowd animation stream(s) for ProAm Venues
    • Improved Pro-Am stability
    • Fixed Dynasty salary cap restrictions issue
    • Fixed issue where the rising star is told to guard someone else, but gets penalized when the original opponent that was guarded makes a shot in Rising Star mode
    • Fixed issue where Rising Star is not in the starting lineup when the Star becomes a 'STARTER' and enters a game in Rising Star mode
    • Tuned penalty for passing up shots
    • Pro-Am: Added link to Skills Progression from lobby
    • Improved Content Update stability
    • Fixed parts of the geo blocking the camera in Terminal 23
    • Fixed black texture where an exit sign should be in the Seattle Pacific University arena
    • Addressed Summer Circuit AI Alley Oop tuning
    • Fixed issue where the stanchion poles and clock do not turn invisible in SPU venue
    • Fixed issues with the Activity Feed
    • Fixed issue with blocks going back to offense too much
    • Fixed issue where help defense fails to react in time from a successful post move
    • Fixed standing crowd popping in game
    • Fixed issue when on an interception or steal the AI ball handler goes into a one off animation when they have an advantage
    • Fixed issue when playing a Summer Circuit game in Brooklyn Park with another User the Pre game NIS only showed 4 Players coming onto the court
    • Fixed intermittent periods of not seeing lobby avatar images in the Pro-Am lobby
    • Fixed “Make an Assisted Shot” not triggering when completing an alley oop, layup or dunk in Summer Circuit
    • Re-ordered the position slots in the lobby to be PG, SG, SF, PF, C
    • Implemented new generic facial animation
    • Fixed a soft lock that occurred when accepting an invite to a Summer Circuit lobby that is currently full
    • Fixed issue when an opponent select the quit and count option in an Ultimate Team H2H game

This article was originally published in forum thread: NBA LIVE 16 Game Update 1.04 Now Available started by cdj View original post
    Comments 34 Comments
      Rudy -
      I hadn't seen it offline since the early patch. I think the demo was the only time I saw it until now. I still only see it very sporadically but I'm surprised EA didn't see that before releasing.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      I hadn't seen it offline since the early patch. I think the demo was the only time I saw it until now. I still only see it very sporadically but I'm surprised EA didn't see that before releasing.
      Wonder if it is mainly a LUT thing then. I play a good deal of Live Run, Rising Star, and Summer Circuit, and I think I have lately just seen it on LUT with regularity.
      Rudy -
      What camera angle do you guys use? I have always preferred EA broadcast. It is far out but I like the angle and want to see the floor. It would be nice if you had zoom options so I could get it a bit closer.
      Rudy -
      Does the shot contest slider do anything? I was messing around with it and at 0 or 100 (against me) I did not see any change in the shot percentage. I think the mid range ratings on some guards are way too low. I shouldn't have a guard who is under 20% on mid range shots imo.
      Rudy -
      The shot contest slider is broken. Does nothing. At 0 or 100 or anything in between I see no difference in the shot percentages displayed or results from my eye ball test.

I think the contested shot is affected a bit too much. This article (https://www.numberfire.com/nba/news/...age-in-the-nba) shows how an open jump shot (8' or more) goes in 40% vs 30% for a highly contested shot. There isn't a huge difference although if teams are putting up 50 jump shots a night getting a quarter less baskets to fall is huge. In Live it seems that jump shots lose 15% or more when contested (and not even red contested, just in the vicinity) from my observations. It depends where on the floor but it seems to have a bigger impact on the shots further away. But you can set the shot contest slider anywhere you want and it does nothing. Disappointing. I'd like to get slider increments in 5 points too. If they can add a slider to a patch (dribble frequency) they should be able to change a lot of things.
      cdj -
      What camera angle do you guys use? I have always preferred EA broadcast. It is far out but I like the angle and want to see the floor. It would be nice if you had zoom options so I could get it a bit closer.
      I have been using Baseline High primarily this year. That is a change from the past where in standard games I used one of the sideline cams and baseline in Rising Star. Between Pro-Am & Rising Star in 16, I've just been using Baseline High in all modes.

Does the shot contest slider do anything? I was messing around with it and at 0 or 100 (against me) I did not see any change in the shot percentage. I think the mid range ratings on some guards are way too low. I shouldn't have a guard who is under 20% on mid range shots imo.
      I've yet to play with sliders much, but what do you think the slider should do? Based on name alone, I wonder if it is supposed to dictate how often or well the defense will contest shots or perhaps the effect on shots when they do get a contest.
      Rudy -
      I've actually been using EA action the past while. I like it although the spacing at the top of the floor is tougher.

Per Dev via WTF - "Shot Contest Impact - Raises or lowers the percentage hit to a shot's probability when a defensive player is contesting the shot". I am not seeing the percentages change. I don't think it impacts the guarded defence either.
      cdj -
      Per Dev via WTF - "Shot Contest Impact - Raises or lowers the percentage hit to a shot's probability when a defensive player is contesting the shot". I am not seeing the percentages change. I don't think it impacts the guarded defence either.
      Just spit-balling here - any chance the CPU is not contesting or given credit for contesting enough to let slider become a factor?
      Rudy -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      Just spit-balling here - any chance the CPU is not contesting or given credit for contesting enough to let slider become a factor?
      I don't think so. We had my family over for dinner and we were playing with Steph Curry and a guarded 3 percentage was in the low 20s at times. I was using 30 at the time and I really don't think the slider has any impact. I'd love for an EA Dev to double check it but I really don't think it does anything. I will try 100 again tomorrow as maybe there is a small reverse effect. But I think it's useless. I should be able to tell the difference between 0 and 100 easily.
      Rudy -
      I think the shot contest slider does work but it's weak and reversed. At 100 it seems to be a smaller effect than 0 on jump shooters but still affects them significantly. Overall I wish the sliders were in at least five point increments and more powerful. The blocking and stealing sliders are weak too although stealing is more about passing lanes.

These are my current sliders on Superstar. I prefer this as it makes rim defence and cpu perimeter better. Cpu shooting gets a boost on Superstar which is why I knock them down one notch. I'm pretty much set with these now. I'm 3-2 in my 29 game Pistons franchise. Hit the 3 ball well to upset the Clippers in my last game. Both of us had less than 50% of our points in the paint.

SUPERSTAR
      SLIDERS HUM CPU
      Inside Shooting 40 30
      Medium Range Shooting 40 30
      Three Point Shooting 40 30
      Free Throw Shooting 50 50
      Post Shooting 10 0
      Layup Shooting 10 0
      Post Move 30 40
      Dunk Frequency 30 30
      Blocking Foul Frequency 80 80
      Charging Foul Frequency 80 80
      Reach-In Foul Frequency 80 80
      Jump Shot Foul Frequency 80 80
      Post Shot Foul Frequency 80 80
      Layup Foul Frequency 80 80
      Dunk Foul Frequency 80 80
      Offensive In Air Collision Frequency 100 100
      Offensive On Ground Collision Frequency 100 100
      Defensive In Air Collision Frequency 100 100
      Defensive On Ground Collision Frequency 100 100
      Steal Success 100 100
      Alley-Oop Success 50 100
      Shot Off Dribble Impact 50 50
      Shot Contest Impact 100 100
      Shot Blocking Ability 100 100
      Offensive Rebound Frequency 80 80
      Off Ball Pushoff Frequency 70 70
      Off ball Pushoff Success 70 70
      Off ball Jostle Success 0 0
      Jostle vs Blow By 0 0
      Dribble Move Reaction Frequency 50 50
      Rudy -
      I've gone back to all Star. Defence is better now and I was getting my butt kicked hard too often.

I am 7-6 in my 29 game dynasty. I traded KCP for Devin Booker two games ago. He's two points worse and isn't good at the basket or as good on defence but he's a much better three point shooter. A bit slow. I like checking out the stats and tendencies before each game in the preview.
      Rudy -
      The crowd started booing me at home at 0-0. What the heck? And later I heard boos when leading 10-9. Now I went ice cold in the 2nd quarter and can expect that but why on earth was I hearing boos at that time? I was 7-6 and fell to 7-7 but for the Pistons that should be OK.
      cdj -
      I assume those were bugs, Rudy....or just a very unruly crowd.
      Rudy -
      Any word on a new patch to fix the missing shirts?