PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation 4 - Questions & General Comments on Console

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

cdj
11-10-2013, 08:11 PM
Please use this thread to ask questions or post general comments about the PlayStation 4.

Feel free to post links to videos, live streams, articles, etc. from around the web here.

UPDATE - Common PS4 Error Codes

Error Code
Description
Action

CE-33179-3
Application is not found.
Retry after the installation is completed.
Installation of Add-Ons fails until the installation of application installation is complete.

CE-33991-5
Get the status of the non HTTP_GET_200 in Internet connection.
Retry Internet Connection test.

CE-34788-0
This update file cannot be used. Connect a USB storage device that contains an update file for reinstallation for version 1.50 or later.
Delete the Update file from the USB storage device, and replace it with the update for reinstallation found from this page (http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps4/pc_update/index.htm#installationSteps).

CE-34878-0
Application has crashed.
Restart the application in the content area.

NW-31484-0
DNS server not specified.
Restart the PS4 system.

NW-31367-0
Could not open wireless device.
Restart the PS4 system.

NW-31453-6
Delayed server response.
Try Internet connection test at [Settings] > [Network] > [Test Internet Connection]. Check that the internet status is valid.

NW-31194-8
Connection was reset.
Restart the PS4 system.

E-8200002E
The credit card information is not valid.
Remove credit card from account, and then re-enter the credit card information.
Refer to Add / Remove Billing Information. (https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/346/kw/billing%20information/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzg1MzM1NDI4L3NpZC8qWjN5YmJHbA%3D% 3D#via_pc)

E-82000102
Server returned "Unknown Error"
Try again. If the error happens on PS Store, close the store and retry. If the error persists, exit store and Sign-out and Sign-in to PSN at [Settings] > [PSN].

CLW
11-15-2013, 07:58 AM
Question for you IT experts: What kind of upload speeds do you need for a decent stream on Ustream/Twitch on PS4.

My AT&T Uverse is usually 12 Mbps download and 1.5 Mbps upload.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3102788423.png

Also, I previously had better download speeds but the upload speeds has always been around 1.5. Should I consider switching ISPs?

skipwondah33
11-15-2013, 08:37 AM
Question for you IT experts: What kind of upload speeds do you need for a decent stream on Ustream/Twitch on PS4.

My AT&T Uverse is usually 12 Mbps download and 1.5 Mbps upload.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3102788423.png

Also, I previously had better download speeds but the upload speeds has always been around 1.5. Should I consider switching ISPs?If you don't have atleast this I wouldn't bother

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3102865239.png

Joking, you should be ok to use that upload. Just depends on the stream settings used. I'm sure the PS4 compresses it.

gschwendt
11-15-2013, 08:40 AM
I was doing pretty good 480p with a 500kb upload while playing games online. Not sure if PS4 will let you set the cap but if so, I'd set it at half anytime you're playing online.

You won't be able to stream 720p with 1.5mb upload but you can certainly get a clear 480p picture.

I OU a Beatn
11-15-2013, 10:09 AM
Greatness has arrived along with all my games from Amazon! Dick around for an hour here and get my downloads started (it did the 308 MB update in about 30 seconds), endure an hour of class, and I'll be all set.

GatorfanStovy
11-15-2013, 10:14 AM
Let us know how they are Beatn. we'll be waiting for an impression later.

I OU a Beatn
11-15-2013, 10:20 AM
Nice to see online passes still are alive and kicking. :glare:

Looks like I'm not going to be able to start my downloads, either. Says it's under maintenance when I try to log in.

NatureBoy
11-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Is there a way around to not putting your credit card info in to get the free 30 days of PlayStation Plus? After all of the hacking that's went on over the years, there's no way i'm putting my info into the system.

I OU a Beatn
11-15-2013, 10:50 AM
Network is hardcore bugging out right now.

GatorfanStovy
11-15-2013, 10:55 AM
Network is hardcore bugging out right now.

As to be expected on launch day. Millions of people across america is logging on right now and trying to play.

I OU a Beatn
11-15-2013, 11:05 AM
I'm having an amazingly difficult time just finding routine stuff. How to pause downloads, access your download list of games you've already purchased, etc... Driving me nuts.

EDIT: Blacklight: Retribution is a launch title? Oh hell yeah.

jaymo76
11-15-2013, 01:24 PM
Huge fan of the controller. It looks and feels great. I was surprised how much heavier it felt but it's a great size and well spaced.

I OU a Beatn
11-15-2013, 02:20 PM
Bunch of people in a thread over at NeoGAF are reporting those problems I reported earlier. Same thing in a thread on the official PS forums. Knock on wood - mine has been fine so far in that regard.

gschwendt
11-15-2013, 02:28 PM
I won't be able to try until later in the weekend but has anyone tried ESPN3 through the browser?

cdj
11-15-2013, 02:39 PM
I was able to get system set up, latest FW installed, and synced up my phone with no problems at all. (Knock on wood.)

G - Needs Flash upgrade, so no dice.

I OU a Beatn
11-15-2013, 02:39 PM
I won't be able to try until later in the weekend but has anyone tried ESPN3 through the browser?

Says "insufficient flash player requirements."

jaymo76
11-15-2013, 04:11 PM
cannot get the phone synced to the ps4. Phone won't read the ps4 and I'm not sure why?

I OU a Beatn
11-15-2013, 05:20 PM
I'm really hoping I'm wrong and I just haven't figured out how yet, but can you seriously not pause downloads?

I'm really not impressed by the OS so far. I mean, really not. I can't figure out how to do basic things and am beginning to think that that particular stuff just isn't there period. The installation process for how it installs games digitally is also super annoying, and from what I've read, it's the same way for disc installs. Hell, it doesn't even work at all right now. I click install and it just sits there spinning it's circle until I cancel out of it.

Seriously, though, does anyone know how to pause downloads? How about access download lists of all your purchased items? I mean, they HAVE to have those things..................right?

SCClassof93
11-15-2013, 05:47 PM
Guys, can I play offline under profile one and if/when psn comes online will it then sync to play with psn profile?? Or should I just bag it today :dunno: Will I lose any trophies :(

jaymo76
11-15-2013, 05:53 PM
Still cannot get onto the PS Store. Anyone know what demos are available???

I OU a Beatn
11-15-2013, 06:01 PM
Guys, can I play offline under profile one and if/when psn comes online will it then sync to play with psn profile?? Or should I just bag it today :dunno: Will I lose any trophies :(

It will sync all your progress and trophies.

Still cannot get onto the PS Store. Anyone know what demos are available???

There's no demo section from what I can see(WTF?), but if you check the online store via their web site, it says demo is available for Trine 2 and FIFA 14.

GatorfanStovy
11-15-2013, 06:05 PM
Oh god not the trophy crap again. They should just get rid of achievements and trophies together.

SmoothPancakes
11-15-2013, 06:42 PM
Oh god not the trophy crap again. They should just get rid of achievements and trophies together.

Why? What harm do they do? For those of us who like trophies and achievements, it's extra stuff for us to aim for in our games. For those like you who hate them, just ignore them. Is it that difficult?

CLW
11-15-2013, 06:56 PM
For you HDD replacement guys make sure you download the 800 MB 1.50 not the 300 MB one. I downloaded the wrong one apparently and got CE - 34788-0 error message.

Stan HAMsen
11-15-2013, 08:38 PM
First play of Resogun makes me think it is going to be a lot of idle fun.

NatureBoy
11-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Are you guys turning the PS4 off or putting it on standby mode?

jaymo76
11-15-2013, 09:32 PM
Are you guys turning the PS4 off or putting it on standby mode?

I was wondering that too??? I have been turning it off only because my young kids may accidentally turn it back on without me knowing but I wonder if it's meant to be in stand bye?

I OU a Beatn
11-15-2013, 09:32 PM
I use Standby, but it specifically says do not unplug while it's in Standby, so I'm a little uneasy about losing power for a second and possibly bricking my console. I'll probably just use standby anyway.

Also, WOW at NBA 2k14.

jaymo76
11-15-2013, 09:41 PM
I use Standby, but it specifically says do not unplug while it's in Standby, so I'm a little uneasy about losing power for a second and possibly bricking my console. I'll probably just use standby anyway.

Also, WOW at NBA 2k14.

Yeah I don't have 2k but My Career mode looks phenomenal!

Stan HAMsen
11-15-2013, 09:44 PM
Contrast is, um, not for me. :down:

I OU a Beatn
11-15-2013, 09:45 PM
The graphics and how smooth it is....good Lord. I'm extremely impressed.

jaymo76
11-15-2013, 09:47 PM
Contrast is, um, not for me. :down:

Haven't got my PS+ subscription yet but that game looks very... unique. my wife thought it looked interesting. I may let her figure it out. All the other free games are shoot 'em up; not really my thing.

CLW
11-16-2013, 12:30 AM
the UI is really FAST/SMOOTH. console is also much smaller than i realized. love the new controller. going to be a nice decade with ps4.

Stan HAMsen
11-16-2013, 09:46 AM
While it's not something that I'm going to lose myself in during multi-hour marathon sessions, Resogun is awesome.

Stan HAMsen
11-16-2013, 09:47 AM
Very old school. Like Zaxxon meets Defender meets Galaga.

CLW
11-16-2013, 09:54 AM
Very old school. Like Zaxxon meets Defender meets Galaga.

Yeah it looked good in the previews and got good reviews (at least from IGN - i think gave it a 9).

Stan HAMsen
11-16-2013, 09:57 AM
It's really pretty. I'm having some friends over Wed night and I'm looking forward to watching them play this so I can get a better look at the visuals.

Stan HAMsen
11-16-2013, 10:02 AM
it specifically says do not unplug while it's in Standby, so I'm a little uneasy about losing power for a second and possibly bricking my console.

I'm powering off for this reason.

CLW
11-16-2013, 11:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMwb58bTGvs

I OU a Beatn
11-16-2013, 11:50 AM
Sony's going to have some explaining to do for all these bricks (http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Launch-Edition/product-reviews/B00BGA9WK2/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&tag=viglink129408-20)

Thank God mine has worked so far.

jaymo76
11-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Sony's going to have some explaining to do for all these bricks (http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Launch-Edition/product-reviews/B00BGA9WK2/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&tag=viglink129408-20)

Thank God mine has worked so far.

Knock on wood... I have had no issues and have been blow away with how good and quick the PS4 works. Getting onto PSN takes less than a second; continuing games from any points is awesome; sharing feature, is very original... I thought it was dumb but now I am addicted to see what others are doing (eg. CDJ and NBA Live...).

I OU a Beatn
11-17-2013, 04:21 AM
Congrats are in order on an wildly successful launch!

SCClassof93
11-17-2013, 07:37 AM

You should be placed in a "think tank" and assure that nobody would drown.

SCClassof93
11-17-2013, 07:38 AM
Why? What harm do they do? For those of us who like trophies and achievements, it's extra stuff for us to aim for in our games. For those like you who hate them, just ignore them. Is it that difficult?

Achievement is only for those that achieve smooth:nod:

gschwendt
11-17-2013, 12:00 PM

I've only tried Madden & BF4 (PS3) but both come back unrecognized. :glare:

I OU a Beatn
11-17-2013, 12:04 PM
:smh:

SmoothPancakes
11-17-2013, 12:29 PM
Ugh, definitely glad I'm waiting on a PS4 until at least next winter. While a lot of these issues may be relatively isolated in regards to the overall picture of the release, all these remarks of issues isn't exactly filling me with confidence at the moment. Now I just have to hope things are the same when the Xbox One releases on Friday. :(

jaymo76
11-17-2013, 12:43 PM
On the first day my "what's new" type was working just fine. Yesterday it didn't load at all. Did PSN turn this off due to high demand??? I haven't checked today because it's "Raider-nation time." Has anyone else had this issue? When it works it's a great feature.

I OU a Beatn
11-17-2013, 12:45 PM
You're not out of the woods yet, Smooth. The overwhelming majority of problems I've seen have been on systems purchased from Amazon. *Knocks on wood* Mine has been working fine so far, but if Amazon packaged every system like they did mine, I can understand why a lot of them are having problems. They put the system in a box that was at least 3 times it's height, no padding or anything on the bottom, and then one thin line of air packets at the top of the system, which literally did nothing.

I'm not saying it's Amazon's fault for all the broken consoles, but you have to admit, it's kind of odd most of the problems arise from their stock especially when you consider how poorly they were packaged. I voiced my complaint to their customer service, but I doubt it goes anywhere. With the way it was packaged, I'm kind of shocked mine didn't have problems.

G's problem sounds like a faulty bluray drive to me. I had several of those go bad on my PS3s. Bummer.

jaymo76
11-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Oh one other thing I forgot to mention. I figured out the psn app. issue. I could not find my psn on my phone or ipad. Even though all of my devices are in the same network my phone and ipad are running a 5mhz connection. The ps4 just like the ps3 doesn't recognize it. I changed my phone and ipad wifi down to the 2.8 and my ps4 was found.

jaymo76
11-17-2013, 12:48 PM
You're not out of the woods yet, Smooth. The overwhelming majority of problems I've seen have been on systems purchased from Amazon. *Knocks on wood* Mine has been working fine so far, but if Amazon packaged every system like they did mine, I can understand why a lot of them are having problems. They put the system in a box that was at least 3 times it's height, no padding or anything on the bottom, and then one thin line of air packets at the top of the system, which literally did nothing.

I'm not saying it's Amazon's fault for all the broken consoles, but you have to admit, it's kind of odd most of the problems arise from their stock especially when you consider how poorly they were packaged. I voiced my complaint to their customer service, but I doubt it goes anywhere. With the way it was packaged, I'm kind of shocked mine didn't have problems.

G's problem sounds like a faulty bluray drive to me. I had several of those go bad on my PS3s. Bummer.

I think that packing is universal. I purchased through Best Buy Canada and same thing: a giant box with a sheet of gray paper above the ps4 with the ps4 on the bottom. Funny enough my wife said when it was delivered by Canada Post, the entire truck was filled with them. The mail carrier's job that day was to deliver all the ps4's in my local community. :D

SmoothPancakes
11-17-2013, 12:52 PM

Ah Christ. :( That certainly doesn't fill me with confidence for Friday afternoon.

I OU a Beatn
11-17-2013, 01:09 PM
Ah Christ. :( That certainly doesn't fill me with confidence for Friday afternoon.

I'll go ahead and really scare the shit out of you. My exact packaging from Amazon:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2zxxkj8.jpg

SmoothPancakes
11-17-2013, 01:13 PM
The pic's not showing up. Just shows a broken image icon.

I OU a Beatn
11-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Hmm, it was showing up for me. How about now?

http://i44.tinypic.com/2zxxkj8.jpg

SmoothPancakes
11-17-2013, 01:17 PM
Oh sweet sunny Jesus. :(

What dumbass packaged that!?

I OU a Beatn
11-17-2013, 01:20 PM

The scary thing is if you check the thread over on NeoGAF, it seems that most of the systems were packaged that way at Amazon. Truly just dumb as hell.

SmoothPancakes
11-17-2013, 01:24 PM
The scary thing is if you check the thread over on NeoGAF, it seems that most of the systems were packaged that way at Amazon. Truly just dumb as hell.

:fp:

When the hell did Amazon get taken over by idiots? I have never had issues with Amazon and their packaging. There have been occasions when the box was a little bigger than it needed to be, but they at least packed it sufficiently with foam and other stuff to protect the products inside. THAT isn't even trying. :smh:

I OU a Beatn
11-17-2013, 01:29 PM
:fp:

When the hell did Amazon get taken over by idiots? I have never had issues with Amazon and their packaging. There have been occasions when the box was a little bigger than it needed to be, but they at least packed it sufficiently with foam and other stuff to protect the products inside. THAT isn't even trying. :smh:

Yeah, same here. I'm guessing they had so many systems to get out in such a short amount of time and they just threw it together like a bunch of gorillas. Like I said, I'm guessing THAT is why so many people who got their systems from Amazon have had them brick or not work right out of the box. If you look on Amazon, the system is averaging a 3.7 review right now, with 500+ giving it a 1 star review due to it being dead on arrival or breaking shortly after. However, if you look on somewhere like GS, it's currently rated a 9/10. Obviously I can't prove that it's Amazon's fault, but it definitely makes you wonder.

SmoothPancakes
11-17-2013, 01:31 PM
Crap. Well, I guess I'll be given my system a workout next weekend to make sure that it works and won't brick right away on me.

SCClassof93
11-17-2013, 02:19 PM

The same one that packed mine:fp:

(thinks to self, has someone here found a job:dunno::D)

I OU a Beatn
11-17-2013, 02:33 PM
Had a disc in the system and went to eject it. Nothing. Tried multiple times. Nothing. It was Madden 25, so I figured I would try to load the game. "No disc inserted." At this point, I figure I'm screwed, but I turn it off and turn it back on hoping it was just an anomaly. Eject the disc and it actually ejects. I put something else in and everything appears to be working. I'm really hoping this isn't a sign of the inevitable.

SmoothPancakes
11-17-2013, 02:35 PM
Had a disc in the system and went to eject it. Nothing. Tried multiple times. Nothing. It was Madden 25, so I figured I would try to load the game. "No disc inserted." At this point, I figure I'm screwed, but I turn it off and turn it back on hoping it was just an anomaly. Eject the disc and it actually ejects. I put something else in and everything appears to be working. I'm really hoping this isn't a sign of the inevitable.

:( :( :( :( :(

jaymo76
11-17-2013, 02:38 PM
I'm giving serious thought to getting an extended warranty...

SmoothPancakes
11-17-2013, 02:43 PM
I'm giving serious thought to getting an extended warranty...

Well, right now it sounds like any issues that pop up, are going to happen within the first couple days, much less years. So at least the manufacturer's warranty will still be active. But yeah, definitely gonna start looking at extended warranties to keep this damn thing under cover for a couple years.

Stan HAMsen
11-17-2013, 03:26 PM
I'm watching JB play Madden. These twitch streams look pretty good through PS4.

gschwendt
11-17-2013, 03:58 PM
I'll go ahead and really scare the shit out of you. My exact packaging from Amazon:

The same one that packed mine:fp:

(thinks to self, has someone here found a job:dunno::D)
I must have gotten all of your extra packing... mine was overflowing with that same bubble wrap. It was still at the very bottom though.

I tried a DVD in the drive and I get the same error.

steelerfan
11-17-2013, 04:12 PM
Yeah, I think I may wait awhile on getting a PS4. Too many problems right now. I'm sorry for you guys that have one and are already having issues. That would make me insane. :(

I OU a Beatn
11-17-2013, 04:54 PM
I must have gotten all of your extra packing... mine was overflowing with that same bubble wrap. It was still at the very bottom though.

I tried a DVD in the drive and I get the same error.

Talk to customer service yet?

gschwendt
11-17-2013, 04:55 PM
Talk to customer service yet?
On the phone with them now. Typical steps so far.

gschwendt
11-17-2013, 05:12 PM
A coffin is on it's way... should get to me overnight, I ship it back to them overnight, then after they receive it, they ship a brand new one out to me overnight. Should be wrapped up in about a week's time hopefully.

SmoothPancakes
11-17-2013, 05:45 PM
:smh: It's only been two days since the damn thing was released, and already having to send it back to get replaced with a new one.

I OU a Beatn
11-17-2013, 05:57 PM
A coffin is on it's way... should get to me overnight, I ship it back to them overnight, then after they receive it, they ship a brand new one out to me overnight. Should be wrapped up in about a week's time hopefully.

:smh: Wow. I guess it's not as bad since it's overnight shipping both ways, but still, this stuff simply shouldn't be happening a few days after launch.

I OU a Beatn
11-17-2013, 06:09 PM
Anyone outputting the audio through optical using a headset? I'm using my A40s and occasionally the audio will crackle. Just a few minutes ago there was a really loud crackle and the audio stopped working completely. After rebooting the system, it works fine for awhile. Any ideas? Headset works fine using all the same cables on other stuff, so it's definitely not that.

Kingpin32
11-17-2013, 06:14 PM
Does anyone use the Music Unlimited App? I'm a big user of Spotify Premium, but to be able to play and listen to music is a pretty big thing. I think I may switch over, but it seems like the music selection is a bit less than Spotify.

Kingpin32
11-17-2013, 06:18 PM
Also, can we discuss Resogun? Cause I've played this more than I played the 3 games I bought. I haven't even played BF4 yet.

gschwendt
11-17-2013, 06:25 PM
Also, can we discuss Resogun? Cause I've played this more than I played the 3 games I bought. I haven't even played BF4 yet.
http://i.imgur.com/ZzLBO76.gif

Stan HAMsen
11-17-2013, 06:50 PM
I'm really enjoying Resogun too. Lots of fun.

I OU a Beatn
11-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Does anyone use the Music Unlimited App? I'm a big user of Spotify Premium, but to be able to play and listen to music is a pretty big thing. I think I may switch over, but it seems like the music selection is a bit less than Spotify.

I've been using the 30 day trial and have been pretty impressed, actually. I don't think I'll actually pay the monthly fee, but hopefully they later add in support to play music from your hard drive or a USB drive.

bdoughty
11-17-2013, 07:06 PM
:smh: It's only been two days since the damn thing was released, and already having to send it back to get replaced with a new one.

I am sure we will see just as much of this when the Xbox One comes out. I feel bad for gschwendt but thus is the life of the early adopter.

Deuce
11-17-2013, 07:49 PM
Ok...dumb question. I cannot find the demo for Madden on the ps4. I could have sworn I saw where Jaymo downloaded it. Anyone know where they hide the demos!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) 2

dhook27
11-17-2013, 07:58 PM
Probably gonna wait till Black Friday or christmas to get it. Not buying full price.

SmoothPancakes
11-17-2013, 08:31 PM
I am sure we will see just as much of this when the Xbox One comes out. I feel bad for gschwendt but thus is the life of the early adopter.

Yeah, that's my biggest worry.

Probably gonna wait till Black Friday or christmas to get it. Not buying full price.

If you're talking about buying a PS4, you're gonna be waiting a LONG, LONG while. The price isn't coming down ANY time soon. Hell, you can't even buy a PS4 on Amazon unless you're willing to pay $1,000+ to buy it from a random seller (not directly from Amazon).

I OU a Beatn
11-17-2013, 08:40 PM
Yeah, you're going to wait 2+ years for the PS4 if you're waiting for a price drop.

bdoughty
11-17-2013, 08:56 PM
Yeah, you're going to wait 2+ years for the PS4 if you're waiting for a price drop.

Exactly. That said I think there is a pretty good chance you will see the PS4 with a bigger (1TB) HD sold at the same price before you see a price drop.

SmoothPancakes
11-17-2013, 09:10 PM

Yep. The thing just released two days ago. Sony is sucking up money left and right at $400 a pop, stores are sucking up money left and right selling the PS4 for $400 a pop. Like I said, you can't even buy a PS4 from Amazon or Gamestop or wherever right now. The only people selling a Playstation 4 right now are those who bought the launch editions and are selling them for $1,000 and higher.

I mean hell, the question right now is, will stores even have PS4s and Xbox Ones in stock just to even sell on Black Friday? Did the stores keep "some" held up in the back to sell on Black Friday, or are they completely and entirely out, and when will they be getting restocked? So thinking the price is gonna drop for a Black Friday sale or something, not a chance in hell. Maybe, maybe there would be a small drop ($25 or $50) just solely for Black Friday next year, but that'd be it. You won't see a full Sony enacted price drop until at least 2015.

Kingpin32
11-17-2013, 09:12 PM
I've been using the 30 day trial and have been pretty impressed, actually. I don't think I'll actually pay the monthly fee, but hopefully they later add in support to play music from your hard drive or a USB drive.
I use apps like this all time while at work and driving around. It's been acting up for me when using it on the PS4, but I think it's just due to the insane traffic of users this weekend.

Yep. The thing just released two days ago. Sony is sucking up money left and right at $400 a pop, stores are sucking up money left and right selling the PS4 for $400 a pop. Like I said, you can't even buy a PS4 from Amazon or Gamestop or wherever right now. The only people selling a Playstation 4 right now are those who bought the launch editions and are selling them for $1,000 and higher.

I mean hell, the question right now is, will stores even have PS4s and Xbox Ones in stock just to even sell on Black Friday? Did the stores keep "some" held up in the back to sell on Black Friday, or are they completely and entirely out, and when will they be getting restocked? So thinking the price is gonna drop for a Black Friday sale or something, not a chance in hell. Maybe, maybe there would be a small drop ($25 or $50) just solely for Black Friday next year, but that'd be it. You won't see a full Sony enacted price drop until at least 2015.

The only way you'll get a system right now is if someone didn't pick up their pre order. Depending on the store, you have from 2 days to a week to pick it up.

I OU a Beatn
11-17-2013, 11:43 PM
Per their Twitter, issues with the What's New, Live Area, and Library should all be solved now.

I OU a Beatn
11-18-2013, 12:00 AM
I can recreate my problem with the disc not ejecting every time now. If I try to eject the disc before anyone is logged into the console, it wont eject. If I log in after trying that, it also wont eject and it wont recognize a disc even being in the console. I then have to turn the console off, log in, then it ejects just fine.

That literally makes absolutely zero sense.

Stan HAMsen
11-18-2013, 09:19 PM
Was there an update? It seems like more of the UI is working now.

jaymo76
11-19-2013, 02:07 AM
Ok...dumb question. I cannot find the demo for Madden on the ps4. I could have sworn I saw where Jaymo downloaded it. Anyone know where they hide the demos!?

They don't seem to have a demo for ps4 madden. I have the $10 trade-up.

jaymo76
11-19-2013, 02:11 AM
I heard the nba live demo is tomorrow but on a couple of psn websites there is no mention of it as a demo, only a full digital version??? Really want to see a demo for this game.

PS... That indie game Contact (or is it contrast???) is a lot of fun with a great story. Highly recommend it.

skipwondah33
11-19-2013, 07:27 AM
Hmm, it was showing up for me. How about now?

http://i44.tinypic.com/2zxxkj8.jpgThat is how mine came also...except I had 3 bubble wraps hahaha

cdj
11-19-2013, 07:45 AM

Did you ever find it? I did a quick search and had no luck finding it.

That is how mine came also...except I had 3 bubble wraps hahaha

My box was full to the brim with bubble wrap.

Deuce
11-19-2013, 08:29 AM
Did you ever find it? I did a quick search and had no luck finding it.

No, never found any demos. Maybe Live will show up today. I went ahead and bought Madden and I am pleasantly surprised. Solid game.

Stan HAMsen
11-19-2013, 01:12 PM
PS... That indie game Contact (or is it contrast???) is a lot of fun with a great story. Highly recommend it.

Contrast. I played it for about 45mins Friday night but I couldn't get into it.

I got my PS4 from Amazon and the box was overflowing with bubble wrap, but only on top. I wish they would have put some underneath too.

gschwendt
11-19-2013, 02:03 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZdZ_gdIgAE0IrN.jpg:large

Stan HAMsen
11-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Impressive. I'm playing on Rookie and my high is just under 5m, haha. :D :D :D

Kingpin32
11-19-2013, 03:25 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZdZ_gdIgAE0IrN.jpg:large

This means war G!

JBHuskers
11-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Looks like I need to put my name in the hat :nod:

Kingpin32
11-19-2013, 03:54 PM
I can never get past the second level on experienced. That 5 million came from just 2 levels.

I OU a Beatn
11-19-2013, 09:24 PM
Update 1.51 Coming Later Tonight (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/19/ps4-system-software-update-1-51-coming-soon/)

Later today, the next system software update for PlayStation 4 (version 1.51) will be available. With this minor required update, stability of system software has been improved. In addition, minor refinements to elements of the system UI (such as clearly indicating when a user downloads a game and a game patch at the same time) have been introduced.
In the North American region, automatic downloads for system and game updates are enabled by default when PS4 is in stand-by mode. Once system software update 1.51 is available later tonight, your PS4 will automatically download it, enabling you to update quickly and easily.

cdj
11-20-2013, 08:13 AM
FW 1.51 is now available. (http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps4/pc_update/index.htm)

JBHuskers
11-20-2013, 09:33 AM
Failure rates for the launch PS4's are sitting at around 0.4% - 1%. Not too shabby for a launch.

Stan HAMsen
11-20-2013, 10:46 AM
So, support for the Sony headsets was not a part of this update?

Seems like supporting their own products would be more of a priority and less of a challenge. But what do I know, I'm just the customer. :dunno:

JBHuskers
11-20-2013, 10:48 AM
So, support for the Sony headsets was not a part of this update?

Seems like supporting their own products would be more of a priority and less of a challenge. But what do I know, I'm just the customer. :dunno:

Yeah I don't get that. That decision was kind of weird.

gschwendt
11-20-2013, 11:54 AM
My PS4 coffin has arrived.

http://i.imgur.com/XBQo3xU.jpg

SmoothPancakes
11-20-2013, 12:06 PM
Gee, if only they'd packaged it like that when they shipped the damn thing. :fp:

JBHuskers
11-20-2013, 12:26 PM
Gee, if only they'd packaged it like that when they shipped the damn thing. :fp:

:+1: :D

Mine had a shit load of bubble things on top, but nothing underneath.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4

steelerfan
11-20-2013, 01:32 PM
My PS4 coffin has arrived.

That is a casket, not a coffin. ;)

JBHuskers
11-20-2013, 02:36 PM
That is a casket, not a coffin. ;)

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/oh_yes_creepy_loki.gif

Kingpin32
11-20-2013, 06:22 PM
Hey, for you guys that are streaming, what's your internet speeds? I tried to stream a few nights ago, and watching from my laptop it was laggy as hell. Does the upload rate of your ISP have anything to do with it?

gschwendt
11-20-2013, 06:30 PM
Hey, for you guys that are streaming, what's your internet speeds? I tried to stream a few nights ago, and watching from my laptop it was laggy as hell. Does the upload rate of your ISP have anything to do with it?

Upload absolutely matters but, if you're streaming and trying to watch at the same time, you may not have the bandwidth to do both. Post your speedtest.net results and I can at least give you an idea on what you can expect.

Kingpin32
11-20-2013, 08:19 PM
Upload absolutely matters but, if you're streaming and trying to watch at the same time, you may not have the bandwidth to do both. Post your speedtest.net results and I can at least give you an idea on what you can expect.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3115034302.png (http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3115034302)

gschwendt
11-20-2013, 10:29 PM
Yeah... you should be able to stream then. You might have to set it one of the lower settings but certainly enough to get something out of it. The only question though is whether it might affect you when you play online.

What I would do is set your twitch account to auto-archive broadcasts and then stream 5 minutes or so of gameplay. After you shut off the stream, go back and watch it in the archive to see how it looks. Then also try the same thing with online play.

Kingpin32
11-21-2013, 09:24 AM
Ok I'll try that. How do I set it to auto-archive?

gschwendt
11-21-2013, 09:30 AM
Ok I'll try that. How do I set it to auto-archive?
http://www.twitch.tv/settings/videos

Check the 'Automatically archive my broadcasts' box.

Stan HAMsen
11-21-2013, 11:08 AM
I had some friends over last night, guys that don't usually play video games. I had assumed that we would be bouncing around from game to game, but Resogun stole the night. They played that for almost 3 hours until one guy decided to take the shrink wrap off NBA 2k14. He played about half of the exhibition game while it was loading, and that was that.

I'm sure the ease of controls for Resogun are one of the reasons that it got so much play. But it's also just old school fun. Definitely a winner for my first PS+ game.

SCClassof93
11-21-2013, 11:58 AM
Agreed!! Resogun is an old school blast.

JBHuskers
11-21-2013, 12:01 PM
I think streaming online play through the console is very pixilated. I don't think it was that bad in streaming through the Elgato, but I haven't got my Elgato to work on the PS4 yet with the display to the TV issue.

CLW
11-21-2013, 06:31 PM
Any of you guys tried stand bye mode (or whatever it is called)? i thought about it but the warning about unplugging/losing power scares the bejesus out of me so i just power it all the way down.

I OU a Beatn
11-21-2013, 06:37 PM
It'll download any updates automatically when in standby. It'll also charge your controller if it's plugged in. I, however, do not do it. Several of the people who had their systems brick had it freeze or go into standby mode, and then they unplugged it, which potentially caused the problem. I'm not taking the chance...when I'm done, I turn it off.

CLW
11-21-2013, 06:40 PM
It'll download any updates automatically when in standby. It'll also charge your controller if it's plugged in. I, however, do not do it. Several of the people who had their systems brick had it freeze or go into standby mode, and then they unplugged it, which potentially caused the problem. I'm not taking the chance...when I'm done, I turn it off.

Yeah thats my take right now better be safe than sorry.

CLW
11-21-2013, 07:28 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZojKmDIgAAFeXa.png

CLW
11-21-2013, 07:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMbD9aRh9co

cdj
11-21-2013, 11:42 PM

I'm the same way, I just turn the console completely off. It makes it annoying when it comes to system/game updates, but maybe I'll just have to turn the console on mornings and let it download while I am getting ready. Like you guys, I don't trust standby mode.

I wish there was a way (maybe there is and I am missing it) as on PS3 to tell the console to turn on at a certain time for PS+ updates. Also missing from last-gen, I wish there was a way to pause downloads. I see how to delete them, but sometimes I need to save bandwidth or just don't want something to DL at that time.

Stan HAMsen
11-22-2013, 12:02 AM
I just finished Knack. Really fun game that I will probably play through again.

I OU a Beatn
11-22-2013, 12:13 AM
I'm the same way, I just turn the console completely off. It makes it annoying when it comes to system/game updates, but maybe I'll just have to turn the console on mornings and let it download while I am getting ready. Like you guys, I don't trust standby mode.

I wish there was a way (maybe there is and I am missing it) as on PS3 to tell the console to turn on at a certain time for PS+ updates. Also missing from last-gen, I wish there was a way to pause downloads. I see how to delete them, but sometimes I need to save bandwidth or just don't want something to DL at that time.

I'm pretty sure it's like the Vita, no way to specify a certain time to turn on and download/update, which is disappointing. Agreed on the ability to pause downloads. It was the thing I immediately noticed. It downloads 5 at a time, too, which is just annoying because everything takes forever. No download list of past purchases is another odd oversight. Hopefully we'll get some of that functionality in an update.

jaymo76
11-22-2013, 12:48 AM
So outside of wanting to DL something or waiting for a console update, everyone is turning the ps4 off? I have been putting it in standby when I am at home and shutting it down overnight.

P.S. Has anyone tried the voice command for ps4? I just saw it was a feature in one of the menus.

JBHuskers
11-22-2013, 01:53 AM
I just shut mine off when it's not in use.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4

jaymo76
11-22-2013, 03:38 AM
A week later... I'm lovin the ps4!!!

psusnoop
11-22-2013, 06:36 AM

I'm really enjoying it as well. I can't wait for a few more games to drop.

CLW
11-22-2013, 06:55 AM
GameStop: 2.3 Million PlayStation 4 Units on BackorderPS4 sales 80 percent higher than PS3.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/21/gamestop-23-million-playstation-4-units-on-backorder

JBHuskers
11-22-2013, 09:24 AM

+ :infinity:

Kingpin32
11-22-2013, 12:45 PM
I typically been putting mine in stand by mode, so I can charge my controllers overnight. I may start turning it all the way off now though.

SCClassof93
11-22-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm really enjoying it as well. I can't wait for a few more games to drop.

:nod:

cdj
11-24-2013, 05:56 PM
First post now updated with a list of some common error codes.

Anyone else have system or game crashes yet?

After accepting a friend request, an error message popped up and the console basically went to the main page. Shortly thereafter, an error popped up when playing NFS Rivals and it kicked me back to the main page/hub. When trying to start a challenge in NFS Rivals, the game went into a soft freeze. After completely shutting down the system and restarting, I haven't run into any issues since.

jaymo76
11-24-2013, 06:40 PM

After accepting a friend request, an error message popped up and the console basically went to the main page. Shortly thereafter, an error popped up when playing NFS Rivals and it kicked me back to the main page/hub. When trying to start a challenge in NFS Rivals, the game went into a soft freeze. After completely shutting down the system and restarting, I haven't run into any issues since.

In 2k I have had one game freeze and had to restart. Also, when trying to play 2k last night the game started to re-install. I excited and re-entered and all was fine. I'm not sure if this is ps4 or a 2k issue... probably 2k???

jaymo76
11-24-2013, 06:41 PM
FYI... Sony Music; I absolutely love it. I may well re-up after the free preview. Does anyone know the monthly/yearly cost?

Kingpin32
11-24-2013, 08:43 PM
FYI... Sony Music; I absolutely love it. I may well re-up after the free preview. Does anyone know the monthly/yearly cost?

$9.99 per month. Has it been lagging for you? I swear I can never play a full song without it skipping or lagging. And I have very speedy internet. Also, the music selection compared to Spotify is definitely lower.

cdj
11-24-2013, 08:44 PM

Looks like $9.99 a month (http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/music-unlimited/internet-radio/). However, they have had special deals where the plan is $59.99 and as low as $41.99 for PS+ members (http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-57590024-58/get-a-one-year-sony-music-unlimited-subscription-for-$59.99/). You may want to head into the store and see a price in there.

SmoothPancakes
11-24-2013, 08:49 PM
I have no clue what Sony Music is like, but if it's anything like Xbox Music, it'd probably be worth it. I've pretty much gone to Xbox Music exclusively for my music listening over the last couple years. Other than a couple bands here and there that they don't have the license rights to, I can listen to pretty much everything by everyone.

jaymo76
11-24-2013, 09:30 PM
$9.99 per month. Has it been lagging for you? I swear I can never play a full song without it skipping or lagging. And I have very speedy internet. Also, the music selection compared to Spotify is definitely lower.

Last night I had no lags. It played really well for the most part. I have found the selection based on my tastes to be pretty strong. The wife was a big fan for a lot of songs & albums.

jaymo76
11-24-2013, 09:31 PM
Looks like $9.99 a month (http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/music-unlimited/internet-radio/). However, they have had special deals where the plan is $59.99 and as low as $41.99 for PS+ members (http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-57590024-58/get-a-one-year-sony-music-unlimited-subscription-for-$59.99/). You may want to head into the store and see a price in there.

Thanks CDJ! I will check it out. the PS price sounds pretty good and even one year is a good deal. $10 per month though is more than I would be willing to drop.

JBHuskers
11-25-2013, 09:17 AM
I'm content with Google Music. I can use it anywhere and it combines my entire library with any other album I want to listen to.

Stan HAMsen
11-25-2013, 01:30 PM
I watched a stream of Flower. It looks like an interesting game but I don't want to move the controller around like that.

SCClassof93
11-27-2013, 07:25 AM

So far so good. The only issue I have had is signing in on the 2k server. Just hung (twice) at "loading", but was not a system crash etc. I am 70+ games into a season. No issues with the dl games, AC4 or Killzone.

I OU a Beatn
11-27-2013, 02:06 PM
The rubber grip started wearing on my controller already, so I gave Sony a call. The first bit of advice was to buy a 3rd party accessory grip to cover it up with. Uh....

After I bitched and complained for a few minutes, they finally agreed to ship out a new one and then just send the old one back. It's absolutely ridiculous that the rubber is already wearing out less than 2 weeks after launch (and I've barely even touched the thing since Xbox One launched) and it's asinine for a Sony rep to recommend me spending MORE money to fix THEIR screw up.

Considering there's other examples of this, it's a good thing to know you can get a replacement if anyone else ends up with the problem.

cdj
11-27-2013, 10:08 PM
Seagate 1TB Solid State Hybrid Drive now $89.99 on Amazon, normally $149.99. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B99JUBQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00B99JUBQ&linkCode=as2&tag=thegamtai-20) Great for upgrading PS4 HD.

GatorfanStovy
11-27-2013, 10:09 PM
Damn that is a good buy.

CLW
11-28-2013, 07:23 AM
Yep good deal on that drive. It's easy to upgrade too.

gschwendt
11-29-2013, 09:02 PM
First day with the PS4 back... couldn't let my score get knocked off for long.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BaSZs_IIgAAGzTk.jpg:large

I OU a Beatn
11-29-2013, 09:10 PM
Damn, that was quick. Did they just send you one or did they fix the one you sent in?

gschwendt
11-30-2013, 08:27 AM
Damn, that was quick. Did they just send you one or did they fix the one you sent in?

Sent me a different one I'm pretty sure. It was supposed to be just a week turn around but was closer to two.

jaymo76
11-30-2013, 12:14 PM
Just turned on the ps3 and pcked up the controller (as I needed to download a game from ps+) and I realized two things immediately.

1. The weight and size of the PS4 controller as to the PS3... wow! PS3 feels like a feather weight
2. The slow speed of the PS3 operating system. The 4 is instantaneous... ps3 is so, so, so slow

Deuce
12-01-2013, 10:22 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/02/de9yje6e.jpg

Can't get enough of this game. This is all I've been playing.

gschwendt
12-03-2013, 07:58 AM

jaymo76
12-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Anyone tried the "party" function yet???

Stan HAMsen
12-03-2013, 06:08 PM
I really like that updates download and install when I turn the machine on, rather than when I start the game that's being updated.

jaymo76
12-03-2013, 07:44 PM
I really like that updates download and install when I turn the machine on, rather than when I start the game that's being updated.

+1 Especially with the Madden rosters.

JBHuskers
12-04-2013, 12:28 PM

Seems like the patches are more proficient than PS3, 360, and even XB1. Battlefield 4's was already ready to push; while no timetable for the other three systems.

I OU a Beatn
12-04-2013, 12:33 PM
May have to do with the quality of the game. From the 3 versions I've played, the PS4 version of Battlefield was by far the buggiest, so it's in more immediate need of patches.

JBHuskers
12-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Not sure why people are having so many problems with it on PS4. Snoop and I have played a ton of it with minimal problems. Outside of the one shot glitch here and there and some odd spawns, it's been fine.

I OU a Beatn
12-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Not sure why people are having so many problems with it on PS4. Snoop and I have played a ton of it with minimal problems. Outside of the one shot glitch here and there and some odd spawns, it's been fine.

Hit detection is the huge thing I've noticed. On PS3 and Xbox One, it's pretty well on the notch. On PS4, I use the M16 because automatic fire is basically worthless. Unless you're right up close, a lot of the rounds wont even register as hitting, even though you're clearly hitting the person.

There was also a ton of connection issues the first several days, but that seems to have cleared up recently.

I haven't seen the one shot glitch on Xbox One, either, so maybe that was confined to certain versions. I don't know.

All the versions are a lot buggier and a lot more unbalanced than I would like them to be. After they were done patching Battlefield 3, it was a pretty good experience so I'm hoping the same rings true for Battlefield 4 once they get some patches in and get some things balanced out.

JBHuskers
12-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Hit detection is the huge thing I've noticed. On PS3 and Xbox One, it's pretty well on the notch. On PS4, I use the M16 because automatic fire is basically worthless. Unless you're right up close, a lot of the rounds wont even register as hitting, even though you're clearly hitting the person.

There was also a ton of connection issues the first several days, but that seems to have cleared up recently.

I haven't seen the one shot glitch on Xbox One, either, so maybe that was confined to certain versions. I don't know.

All the versions are a lot buggier and a lot more unbalanced than I would like them to be. After they were done patching Battlefield 3, it was a pretty good experience so I'm hoping the same rings true for Battlefield 4 once they get some patches in and get some things balanced out.

I'm using the AK 5C from the Support class, and have a lot of success with it. You have to go to Engineer and get 15k first to unlock carbines in the Support class.

CLW
12-06-2013, 07:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FPgIld7Rp4

I got one of these emails and checked my Credit Cards and NONE of them showed any fraudulent charges.

I OU a Beatn
12-06-2013, 07:56 PM
It really annoys me how often Sony has had similar problems. I had to change my password as well. As I've seen posted around the web numerous times, this is apparently Sony's network security team:

http://stevelaube.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/iStock_000011246561XSmall.jpg

jaymo76
12-06-2013, 08:18 PM
It really annoys me how often Sony has had similar problems. I had to change my password as well. As I've seen posted around the web numerous times, this is apparently Sony's network security team:

http://stevelaube.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/iStock_000011246561XSmall.jpg

I had to do the same yesterday.

jaymo76
12-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Been playing the Marvel Superheroes Demo... very fun game.

JBHuskers
12-07-2013, 01:27 AM
The PS4 needs a good RPG.

Stan HAMsen
12-07-2013, 07:33 PM
Been playing the Marvel Superheroes Demo... very fun game.

I took the shrink wrap off the full version last night.

I have never played a Lego game before. I'm not a comic book fan and I haven't been watching the recent run of comic based movies (the last one of those movies I saw was the first X Men).

With that in mind, after 2 levels I am pretty meh on this one. Sometimes it takes a while before I figure out what I'm supposed to break in order to continue. I do like that both levels so far have included at least 2 characters to switch back and forth between. Maybe it will grow on me.

I OU a Beatn
12-09-2013, 10:01 AM
CLW wrong again. (http://furiousfanboys.com/2013/12/2k-patches-in-always-online-drm-to-next-gen-nba2k14/) :D

Kingpin32
12-09-2013, 02:21 PM
CLW wrong again. (http://furiousfanboys.com/2013/12/2k-patches-in-always-online-drm-to-next-gen-nba2k14/) :D

Funny thing is, this happened to me before they patched the game.

I OU a Beatn
12-09-2013, 03:03 PM
Funny thing is, this happened to me before they patched the game.

Me too, I'm pretty sure there is a way around it that you can play offline, though.

SCClassof93
12-09-2013, 04:26 PM

Dirty business pure and simple. This should have been done from the start and the consumer made aware. These companies keep this up and I will be done with video games.

CLW
12-10-2013, 06:13 AM
Actually I said it was just like PS3 companies could make a game always online if they wanted but would have to do it on their own just like the PS3. Odd they did it as far as I can tell the patch/update requiring online doesn't require you to put in a code or to have actually purchased the game which was what the DRM was supposed to be used to protect.

I OU a Beatn
12-10-2013, 09:43 AM
No, you initially said that since Sony said you wouldn't need online, then publishers couldn't make a game online only unless the game was built around it. Then, when I showed a quote that said otherwise, you said no publisher/developer would be dumb enough to implement such measures because you argued it would decrease sales. 0/2. :D

In all seriousness, I still don't see the big deal. Most of the games I'm looking forward to over the coming year are online only games, so I really don't have a problem with it.

JBHuskers
12-10-2013, 03:31 PM
PS4 streaming has already accounted for 10% of all streaming on Twitch currently.

There have been 100k new broacasters on Twitch.

A total of THIRTY EIGHT YEARS of game time has been streamed already on the PS4.

CLW
12-10-2013, 08:35 PM
2K Sports clarifies NBA 2K14 online issues"You can always play offline, regardless of connectivity status--just create a new file and off you go," company says.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/2k-sports-clarifies-nba-2k14-online-issues/1100-6416624/

So who was wrong? :nod:

I OU a Beatn
12-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Uh, still you. :D That doesn't change anything about the requirement to be online once you have started a game online and get booted off. That's simply saying that if you start a game OFFLINE, then you can continue to play OFFLINE. If you start it ONLINE, then you must be ONLINE.

Just like how you said no more online passes, and yet I pulled a cute little one out of my Assassin's Creed 4 case.

Wiggle all you want, you're still wrong. Publishers override Sony and Microsoft every single time in this regard, and it's only a matter of time until you see more of it.

steelerfan
12-10-2013, 08:45 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/11/rasetamy.jpg

cdj
12-10-2013, 09:22 PM
My PS4 was in stand-by mode and on Friday the power flickered here, basically shutting the system off.

When I went to turn it back on, I had to press the Power button three times to get it to restart. Each of the pushes caused the system to beep, but it didn't do anything until the third try.

Upon start-up I did get the "your system was not shut down properly, do not unplug system in stand-by as it could cause damage or corruption" message. The system appears to be fine, but I am paranoid about leaving it in stand-by again. Perhaps only for an hour or so before I know I will be playing so it can download any existing game or system updates.

I OU a Beatn
12-10-2013, 09:26 PM
I know we're all paranoid, but in theory, you should be fine leaving it in stand by. It's really nothing different if the power goes off than just turning the system off. I think the warnings are mainly for downloading something that might get corrupted if it's turned off while in stand by. However, like you, I don't intend on leaving it in stand by simply because I don't want a brick.

SmoothPancakes
12-10-2013, 09:30 PM
Yeah, the stand-by modes of the PS4 and Xbox One are nice, but no way in hell do I trust the stability of the power grid in this area. I'll be forever keeping my systems on normal, full shutdown mode instead of Stand-by, just too much risk and too much reliance on a power grid that I don't trust one damn bit.

I OU a Beatn
12-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Yeah, the stand-by modes of the PS4 and Xbox One are nice, but no way in hell do I trust the stability of the power grid in this area. I'll be forever keeping my systems on normal, full shutdown mode instead of Stand-by, just too much risk and too much reliance on a power grid that I don't trust one damn bit.

Xbox One is tricky with how it does it. Unless you're holding the power button on the console in for five seconds to shut it off, it's going into standby mode.

I always shut it off with the controller or voice command and that always puts it in to standby mode.

cdj
12-10-2013, 10:02 PM

SmoothPancakes
12-10-2013, 10:12 PM
Xbox One is tricky with how it does it. Unless you're holding the power button on the console in for five seconds to shut it off, it's going into standby mode.

I always shut it off with the controller or voice command and that always puts it in to standby mode.

Is it set to power down into Stand-by in your settings? I have it set in my settings to power down in Energy Saving mode. When I shut it down, I can't use the Xbox On command and when I start it up, it takes a good 20-30 seconds for it to fire up and the dashboard to come up.

I OU a Beatn
12-10-2013, 10:21 PM
Is it set to power down into Stand-by in your settings? I have it set in my settings to power down in Energy Saving mode. When I shut it down, I can't use the Xbox On command and when I start it up, it takes a good 20-30 seconds for it to fire up and the dashboard to come up.

I didn't know you could do that. Not being able to use the voice command would be a deal breaker for me, though...I'm way to reliant on that.

Stan HAMsen
12-11-2013, 07:49 AM

I hope this includes support for Sony wireless headsets.

JBHuskers
12-11-2013, 09:21 AM
I think what I'll do is just turn on the PS4 while I play an OD or NHL league game on the PS3 and let it do it's thing then. I'm still not convinced to put it on stand by.

Kingpin32
12-11-2013, 10:46 AM
I honestly haven't had any problems with leaving my system in stand-by. *knock on wood* I often leave it on stand by when I go to sleep to charge my controller. Also, if you try to turn the power off by pushing the power button on the system, it sends it into stand-by automatically.

JBHuskers
12-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Maybe once they add scheduled times to the system update like they had on PS3, then I'll set it up like that.

CLW
12-11-2013, 12:37 PM
The facts say that the PS4 is unquestionably ahead at this moment – the question is how far ahead.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/11/whos-really-ahead-ps4-or-xbox-one

Score another one for CLW over IOU. :nod:

I OU a Beatn
12-11-2013, 01:25 PM
The facts say that the PS4 is unquestionably ahead at this moment – the question is how far ahead.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/11/whos-really-ahead-ps4-or-xbox-one

Score another one for CLW over IOU. :nod:

Except for the fact that (and I do believe I'm giving an exact quote here) that I said the PS4 WOULD outsell the Xbox One at launch due to supply issues and the fact it's $100 cheaper. So...how is that scoring another one for you when I agreed the PS4 would outsell the One at launch. :D

Personally, I'm excited both are doing well. All this doom and gloom about consoles dying should take a nice long break until the next generation console launches.

JBHuskers
12-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Except for the fact that (and I do believe I'm giving an exact quote here) that I said the PS4 WOULD outsell the Xbox One at launch due to supply issues and the fact it's $100 cheaper. So...how is that scoring another one for you when I agreed the PS4 would outsell the One at launch. :D

Personally, I'm excited both are doing well. All this doom and gloom about consoles dying should take a nice long break until the next generation console launches.

Now we just needs some RPG's. Waiting six months for Elder Scrolls Online is going to be a long wait.

I OU a Beatn
12-12-2013, 04:27 PM
In stock at Amazon is anyone still wants one.

CLW
12-12-2013, 06:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH7_ZIzdSoA

CLW
12-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Sony Promises 'Epic' Announcements, 'Can't Wait for E3'Some "stuff still under wraps," Sony says.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/13/sony-promises-epic-announcements-cant-wait-for-e3

SCClassof93
12-13-2013, 03:11 PM
Sony Promises 'Epic' Announcements, 'Can't Wait for E3'Some "stuff still under wraps," Sony says.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/13/sony-promises-epic-announcements-cant-wait-for-e3

Hopefully some more games :dunno:. Finished AC4, had thoughts of going for platinum but three trophies glitched and did not pop. Sooooo, no thanks to the online grind. I really wanted to like Killzone but gave up :zzz:. Traded both in at Gamestop for $40 each. Not bad after paying that for them during Target's sale. Still have 2k14 and most likely will keep for the cycle or two.

Picked up Bioshock Infinite for $15 for something else to play.

JBHuskers
12-13-2013, 03:27 PM

And they call me a tease. Call me in June for this (and release DriveClub ASAP while you're at it!).

Stan HAMsen
12-13-2013, 04:00 PM
I am really surprised by the number of PS4 games that Amazon is selling for less than $60.

I OU a Beatn
12-13-2013, 04:28 PM

They need it. They literally have nothing revealed in the second half of next year to my knowledge, and their exclusives on PS4 are lacking. The only ones confirmed for next year are Second Son and The Order, which I'm pretty sure are both confirmed for the first half of the year. Maybe Uncharted 4 is their big fall 2014 game. I don't know, but with two enormous exclusives in the other camp releasing next year, I hope they have something other than Uncharted planned for next year.

We know Santa Monica and Guerrilla Games are both working on new IPs, show 'em off!

Naughty Dog hinted several things coming at the beginning of 2014 to celebrate their 15th anniversary and with the Crash Bandicoot site going down and reportedly being bought back by Sony, it kind of seems like they're doing another Crash game. I'm personally lukewarm on the thought of that.

CLW
12-13-2013, 05:41 PM
They need it. They literally have nothing revealed in the second half of next year to my knowledge, and their exclusives on PS4 are lacking. The only ones confirmed for next year are Second Son and The Order, which I'm pretty sure are both confirmed for the first half of the year. Maybe Uncharted 4 is their big fall 2014 game. I don't know, but with two enormous exclusives in the other camp releasing next year, I hope they have something other than Uncharted planned for next year.

We know Santa Monica and Guerrilla Games are both working on new IPs, show 'em off!

Naughty Dog hinted several things coming at the beginning of 2014 to celebrate their 15th anniversary and with the Crash Bandicoot site going down and reportedly being bought back by Sony, it kind of seems like they're doing another Crash game. I'm personally lukewarm on the thought of that.

I doubt UC gets released in 2014. My guess its an early 2015 game. I figured The Order was their big fall game but maybe i missed a release day announcement.

I OU a Beatn
12-13-2013, 06:19 PM
All the other ones were released in October/November, so I'm guessing they'll stick to tradition. I don't know how far along it is, but I'm guessing since they have 2 development teams that by the time November rolls around, it'll be at least 2 years into development, so it's possible.

The Order is targeting fall, but who knows if that gets released on time. It's a studio developing a major console for the first time and it looks pretty ambitious to me. It's one of my more anticipated games so the sooner it comes out the better.

I'm mostly interested in what Santa Monica is up to. They're a 2 or 3 game studio and it's the worst kept secret that they're working on a new IP. I'm sure they've got God of War brewing within in some capacity, too.

Stan HAMsen
12-13-2013, 08:16 PM
Traded both in at Gamestop for $40 each. Not bad after paying that for them during Target's sale.

That's really good considering that Amazon is selling AC4 new for $49.

JBHuskers
12-15-2013, 03:14 AM
Knack is $40 at Kmart

CLW
12-15-2013, 08:28 AM
Knack is $40 at Kmart

Good solid game. Played through once. Going to probably go for the :plat: too at some point but right now I'm addicted to 2K14. I also need to get into AC IV. LOL so..... many good games on PS4

I OU a Beatn
12-15-2013, 10:51 AM
It'll drop fast. $10 is my price point. I've also heard it's a huge grind for the platinum trophy, so I probably wont be going after that when I do get it.

CLW
12-16-2013, 04:37 PM
Messed around this weekend with Resogun and figured a few things out. Got a new all-time high for me and 1,500 something in the world. Game is just addictive I'll probably be playing that game until PS5 comes out. :nod:

JBHuskers
12-16-2013, 04:43 PM
Messed around this weekend with Resogun and figured a few things out. Got a new all-time high for me and 1,500 something in the world. Game is just addictive I'll probably be playing that game until PS5 comes out. :nod:

I need to play that some more. I love it. It's like Super Stardust and Defender combined.

CLW
12-16-2013, 04:44 PM
Who's the moron that came up with the conspiracy theory that either Sony and/or MS is holding back stock during the holiday season?

Its simply a supply side problem right now for both consoles as I'm sure both Sony and MS are cranking them out as fast as they can b/c this is the peak consumer spending season.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/16/jack-tretton-the-ps4-shortage-is-real

I OU a Beatn
12-16-2013, 05:07 PM
Sounds like something you would accuse Microsoft of doing. :D

I've tried really hard to get into Resogun, but I can't. I don't hate it, I just find it boring. I never liked Super Stardust, either, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised it isn't my thing. I wish they would do a Dead Nation 2, though. It amazes me that it hasn't been done yet.

CLW
12-16-2013, 05:13 PM
Sounds like something you would accuse Microsoft of doing. :D

I've tried really hard to get into Resogun, but I can't. I don't hate it, I just find it boring. I never liked Super Stardust, either, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised it isn't my thing. I wish they would do a Dead Nation 2, though. It amazes me that it hasn't been done yet.

MS be dumb (see rollout/DRM) but they ain't stupid.

You might try to hold back stock before the holiday season to create a buzz and increase demand and then unleash all your stock in the holiday season to try to increase sales. However, there is just no way in hell any business person holds back stock during the holiday season. After Christmas, the demand will automatically go down and then your supply goes up. That's just silly.

cdj
12-21-2013, 08:58 PM
I've heard the PS4 blu-ray capabilties weren't that great and that seems correct. Trying to watch a BR tonight, it wouldn't load the actual movie on PS4 - one time the screen even went into a shade of pink - but it worked perfectly on the PS3.

steelerfan
12-22-2013, 12:12 AM
one time the screen even went into a shade of pink

What kind of movie was it?

:fap:

CLW
12-22-2013, 08:21 AM
Anyone know if the Kindle Fire HDX has the PS app and/or how to get it on the tablet?

I OU a Beatn
12-22-2013, 11:32 AM
Not unless you root it. Amazon tablets use their own stores and do not have nearly the amount of apps available on Android/iOS tablets. If you root it, then I'm sure you could get it on there somehow.

CLW
12-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Not unless you root it. Amazon tablets use their own stores and do not have nearly the amount of apps available on Android/iOS tablets. If you root it, then I'm sure you could get it on there somehow.

LOL ok how easy would it be to "root it"

I OU a Beatn
12-22-2013, 12:08 PM
LOL ok how easy would it be to "root it"

Instructions for the 8.9" (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2545957)

That shows you how to root it. After that, you'd have to download/flash a custom OS that allows for Google Play downloads. I'm sure that information is somewhere on that same site as well. If you've never rooted a phone or tablet before, it can be a little intimidating (considering a screw up can brick your device), but it's really not all that bad.

CLW
12-22-2013, 12:12 PM
Instructions for the 8.9" (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2545957)

That shows you how to root it. After that, you'd have to download/flash a custom OS that allows for Google Play downloads. I'm sure that information is somewhere on that same site as well. If you've never rooted a phone or tablet before, it can be a little intimidating (considering a screw up can brick your device), but it's really not all that bad.

yuck. any idea when/if a playstation app might be added to it? everything i've read about the tablet is nice and basically the only problem is this stupid app issue for ONE app.

I OU a Beatn
12-22-2013, 12:19 PM
yuck. any idea when/if a playstation app might be added to it? everything i've read about the tablet is nice and basically the only problem is this stupid app issue for ONE app.

I haven't seen any mention of it being in development for Kindle, so it's really hard to say whether it'll come to Kindle eventually or not. I will say this - there are a metric TON of apps that are available on Android and never make it to Kindle, so the potential for it never coming to Kindle is definitely there.

CLW
12-22-2013, 02:06 PM
I haven't seen any mention of it being in development for Kindle, so it's really hard to say whether it'll come to Kindle eventually or not. I will say this - there are a metric TON of apps that are available on Android and never make it to Kindle, so the potential for it never coming to Kindle is definitely there.

Oh well I still have my phone and my wife has an IPad so its not that big of a deal. Definitely better to just "suck it up" than to return a Christmas gift from my wife.

jaymo76
12-23-2013, 09:37 PM
I have had mixed success with the PS4 app on Ipad. Usually I cannot connect to the PS store. However, on my android phone I connect all the time.

CLW
12-26-2013, 07:18 PM
Anyone having issues with the PSN network? I keep getting error messages when I try to check friends, etc.... tried hopping on madden to play some MUT and got some weird error message as well.

Stan HAMsen
12-26-2013, 07:20 PM
Yes. Down for me on PS4 but not PS3.

CLW
12-26-2013, 07:23 PM
Yes. Down for me on PS4 but not PS3.

Well at least it isn't just me.

I OU a Beatn
12-26-2013, 07:39 PM
They're having problems. I couldn't get on, either.

CLW
12-26-2013, 09:14 PM
They're having problems. I couldn't get on, either.

yeah from what i gather it is sever overload issues. however, reading the comments on the official PS forums and/or twitter just re-confirms the fact that the U.S. is soon doomed to be nothing more than a 3rd world country. :nod:

JBHuskers
12-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Yeah it sucked, but at least I could play Battlefield, but it screwed up MyPlayer on 2K.

jaymo76
12-27-2013, 07:52 PM
Scary moment last night. The wife and I were watching Netflix on PS4 and all of a sudden the screen went black and the system shut down completely. I tried to reboot from the controller and all my controller would do is flash light blue. Finally on the third attempt from pushing start on the console, it booted up again. I may have lost a few years off my life...???...

Stan HAMsen
12-27-2013, 09:23 PM
I'm still playing DVDs or streaming on PS3 or 360. Those hours add up.

JBHuskers
12-28-2013, 12:36 AM
I'm still playing DVDs or streaming on PS3 or 360. Those hours add up.

Yeah I'm not running apps at all on PS4.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I OU a Beatn
12-28-2013, 03:39 PM
Trying to find a second PS4 and I have a decent amount of credit at Best Buy, so I call there to check on stock at my local store. "Sorry, we don't give out stock info over the phone on the PS4, you have to come in the store."

Uh...why? :D

SCClassof93
12-28-2013, 04:07 PM
Trying to find a second PS4 and I have a decent amount of credit at Best Buy, so I call there to check on stock at my local store. "Sorry, we don't give out stock info over the phone on the PS4, you have to come in the store."

Uh...why? :D

I despise Best Buy but my local one says they are sold out FYI but they do have "many" XB1's.

I OU a Beatn
12-28-2013, 05:58 PM
Yep, they had about 20 Xbox Ones and no PS4s. Bummer, I guess I'll just have to keep a watch online and try to nab one that way. No way I'm paying anything above retail.

cdj
12-30-2013, 05:35 PM
I signed on last night just to watch a Blu-ray, but went back to PS3 when there was an issue (BR related) with it hanging up upon connecting online.

After shutting down the console and going to the PS3, I noticed a flashing white light on the Ps4 console. I assumed I had left it on standby or some other user miscue and it was indicating a message or something.

Following the movie, I tried to start the PS4 with no luck. Finally, holding the power for 7-10 seconds shut it off. On restart, I got a message that I should not unplug the power when in standby :fp: and it did some sort of storage check. The system then started up correctly. I may have been imagining things, but it seemed like that shutdown (while working properly) took longer than usual -- though that may have been just in my mind (paranoia).

In a very quick online search, this issue (flashing white light) seems related to issues with a swapped HD, but I am still with original HD and have not changed it or anything. I'm beginning to fear something is going on with my console. :fdown:

I OU a Beatn
12-30-2013, 06:30 PM
I wouldn't worry. I've had the same thing happen 1 or 2 times and mine's still working fine. I'm hoping future firmware updates make it a lot more stable. My eject button also doesn't want to work sometimes.

cdj
12-30-2013, 06:42 PM
I wouldn't worry. I've had the same thing happen 1 or 2 times and mine's still working fine. I'm hoping future firmware updates make it a lot more stable. My eject button also doesn't want to work sometimes.

I hope you're right. The system worked fine Saturday night, so I probably shouldn't be too worried. However, there were enough issues at launch to make me paranoid when odd things happen.

CLW
12-30-2013, 07:01 PM
I must be lucky with Sony and their consoles. PS1, PS2, PS3 all lasted the entire generation. So far so good with PS4.

steelerfan
12-30-2013, 09:16 PM
Are there any reliable statistics out there about the failure rates of the new consoles (Sony and MS)?

It seems to me that the PS4 is failing more than the XB1 but that may be because I pay more attention to the PS4.

SmoothPancakes
12-30-2013, 09:31 PM
I would be interested in seeing any reliable stats as well. I know I've been very paranoid with my Xbox One. Between some of the Ones that got bricked in the first day or two after release, plus all the stories with Ones and PS4s when it comes to being in sleep mode with the power going out or other issues. I've been WAY more protective of my Xbox One than I ever have been of my 360.

Granted, my 360, I got in 2009, so it had already been out for multiple years, with multiple newer and improved editions released along the way, making it a better and more stable console. My One being a release day console, with no prior consumer testing or chances for MS to fix any issues discovered post-release, I have been extremely catious, careful and protective of my console this time around.

I just hope my luck won't run out. My PS2 has never had an issue. I could leave that bitch running for a month straight and it would keep working 100% perfectly like a champ. Same with my original Xbox. My 360, the first one had its disk drive start to stick and go bad after two years, but my 360 slim has worked perfectly ever since I got it. So far, the One has been working fine for me. I just don't want to tempt fate.

SCClassof93
12-31-2013, 09:51 AM
Hard for those xb1's to fail setting on retail shelves :D

JBHuskers
12-31-2013, 10:03 AM
Hard for those xb1's to fail setting on retail shelves :D

:drum:

SCClassof93
12-31-2013, 10:07 AM
:drum:

Part joke part serious. My local Target electronics guys tell me that the ps4 moves within minutes and while the xb1 case has 5 or 6 in it. They say "no comparison" in demand.

I OU a Beatn
12-31-2013, 10:35 AM
Xbox is just doing a much better job of keeping stores stocked. Every store around here has multiples of them. Meanwhile, no PS4s to be found. I'm sure PS4 is outselling it, but it's not outselling it to that degree.

SCClassof93
12-31-2013, 10:38 AM
Xbox is just doing a much better job of keeping stores stocked. Every store around here has multiples of them. Meanwhile, no PS4s to be found. I'm sure PS4 is outselling it, but it's not outselling it to that degree.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/126281/3124962-not+sure+if+serious+zod.gif

BTW these retailers are telling me they sell the ps4's within minutes of getting them, xbox not as much.

I OU a Beatn
12-31-2013, 10:42 AM
They are. All the guys I've talked to say they get multiple shipments of Xbox One a week. Meanwhile, they're lucky if they get one a week from Sony. It's not entirely due demand. Of all the Xbox One systems I've seen in stores, if it was based purely on demand, Sony would be outselling them 10:1 and that definitely isn't the case (all the reports I've read so far are around 1.5:1).

Whatever the issue, I wish Sony would clear it the hell up. I've got Best Buy credit to burn and I'd really like to get another.

CLW
12-31-2013, 04:49 PM
My guess is MS is trying to defend home turn and thus sending virtually ALL of their consoles to the U.S. to defend against PS4. Meanwhile Sony is shipping to the EU, etc.... now as well as the U.S.

PS4 prob 60/40 or so in the US and then dominating every where else.

CLW
12-31-2013, 06:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz7Yi3b24UM

CLW
01-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Just racked up nearly 68 million in Resogun which is good for the 944th best score in the world completed the game with no continues on experiences actually screwed up quite a bit. I think I'm going to go for the :Plat: in this one. Just need to use the other ships now and complete one level on the ridiculously hard difficulty and beat the game on hard.