PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation 4 - Questions & General Comments on Console

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

jaymo76
01-01-2014, 06:10 PM
For the time being I would advise people to use the ps3 Netflix over the ps4. Second time in a week I had a full system freeze. This time I had to disconnect and when the ps4 re-started it went into safe mode and ran a system check.

CLW
01-01-2014, 08:14 PM
Well I finished off the :plat: in Resogun (except this time I actually played it) :nod: Really an excellent little indie game.

JBHuskers
01-04-2014, 12:16 AM
I'm not using any apps on PS4.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I OU a Beatn
01-04-2014, 06:38 PM
Playing Battlefield and the match just begins. I immediately get killed as I spawn 5 feet to left of an enemy, so I go to create a video to showcase the wonderful quality of the game. I get everything set and go to the video to edit it. It recorded a game from about 45 minutes earlier.

<3 "Next gen."

I've tried to use the built in video capture and editor about 10 times so far and it's messed up every single time. Really bummed at how many of the features don't work consistently on both systems.

steelerfan
01-04-2014, 10:09 PM
No wonder 3DS outsold PS4 (according to the former attorney's posted numbers).

Escobar
01-05-2014, 02:53 PM
I've gotten the share feature to work perfectly for video and pictures, but I have only used it 3 or 4 times.

JBHuskers
01-05-2014, 03:04 PM
For some reason my downloads are going slow considering I have 25 megs.

Stan HAMsen
01-05-2014, 05:15 PM
I would like to be able to share videos and pictures with my friends list, but that apparently is only open to Facebook members.

steelerfan
01-05-2014, 05:52 PM
I would like to be able to share videos and pictures with my friends list, but that apparently is only open to Facebook members.

Wow. Really? That is ***.

So far, next gen has taken away features I use on last gen and added shit that is broken, that I won't use, or that I refuse to use (Facebook). Color me unimpressed.

cdj
01-05-2014, 06:42 PM

So far, next gen has taken away features I use on last gen and added shit that is broken, that I won't use, or that I refuse to use (Facebook). Color me unimpressed.

Like Stan, I would use the in-game video feature but I do not want to put it on Facebook. It's one of the reasons I purchased the elgato for video. I'd rather Facebook have as little of my info as possible.

I don't (completely) mind putting photos on Twitter, but would rather be able to share with friends like HAM said. I'm hopeful a future firmware update adds that and am disappointed/perplexed they went the current route.

Along that route, the 'activity stream' is pretty lame IMO. If it allowed comments it would be improved, but it gets old seeing that UserX played GameY in 80+% of the stream....and the only interaction is to give a thumbs up. :dunno:

I OU a Beatn
01-05-2014, 07:02 PM
Yeah, I thought that was lame as well. You also need a facebook account to use a custom avatar. I just created a dummy facebook and linked PS4 to that. I HATE all this social networking integration.

SCClassof93
01-06-2014, 09:20 AM

http://mrtheriaultfvhs.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/luke-skywalker.gif

Stan HAMsen
01-06-2014, 10:25 AM
Along that route, the 'activity stream' is pretty lame IMO. If it allowed comments it would be improved, but it gets old seeing that UserX played GameY in 80+% of the stream....and the only interaction is to give a thumbs up. :dunno:

I thought it was neat at first, and I still like the concept, but it needs improvements. If we could share videos or pics without Facebook or Twitter (I'll sign up for Facebook when they issue my caste color-coded overalls and soma ration) and then comment on vids/pics it would be great. Publishers need to/probably will find good uses for it. I like the trophy updates. How about setting up other milestones/achievements/checkpoints/whatever that trigger something different in the feed? Like when somebody gets their 100th assist in MyCareer on NBA 2k. Or when you clear a level on Knack. Or when one of your friends busts another one of your friends on Need For Speed? I like that Resogun sometimes posts "...completed 10 levels" or whatever.

That feed should make me want to play the games that my friends are playing. Just telling me that they're playing it doesn't really do that.

jaymo76
01-06-2014, 06:52 PM
Like Stan, I would use the in-game video feature but I do not want to put it on Facebook. It's one of the reasons I purchased the elgato for video. I'd rather Facebook have as little of my info as possible.

I don't (completely) mind putting photos on Twitter, but would rather be able to share with friends like HAM said. I'm hopeful a future firmware update adds that and am disappointed/perplexed they went the current route.

+1

My thoughts exactly.

gschwendt
01-07-2014, 12:36 PM
Sony announces Playstation Now (backwards compatibility streaming)
http://kotaku.com/sony-announces-game-streaming-service-playstation-now-1496385001

CLW
01-07-2014, 12:47 PM
4.2 million > 3.0 million. Also, who was claiming there weren't several million PS4s out there around Christmas (hint its the guy that is ALWAYS wrong) Just sayin' :nod:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/07/ces-playstation-4-sales-pass-42-million

I OU a Beatn
01-07-2014, 12:59 PM
4.2 million > 3.0 million. Also, who was claiming there weren't several million PS4s out there around Christmas (hint its the guy that is ALWAYS wrong) Just sayin' :nod:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/07/ces-playstation-4-sales-pass-42-million

*Says the guy who posted a VG Chartz article regarding sales numbers.* :D

I don't remember claiming there weren't "several million PS4s," either. The only thing I remember saying is that I had a hard time believing it sold 300,000+ or whatever it was the week of Christmas in North America considering you can't even find any in stores. That was more of a shot against you posting an article from people who are well known for making up numbers as opposed to doubting the PS4's success.

JBHuskers
01-07-2014, 02:32 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/GIFS/jerkoff.gif

CLW
01-07-2014, 03:20 PM
I don't remember claiming there weren't "several million PS4s," either.

I can assure you that "several million" people did not get on during Christmas since they haven't even sold "several million" units yet.

IOU he was for the XB1 before he was against it. :nod:

I OU a Beatn
01-07-2014, 03:41 PM
IOU he was for the XB1 before he was against it. :nod:

Okay, so you're still wrong? They announced that they had sold 2.1 million consoles on December 3. Between December 3 and December 28, they sold an additional 2.1 million to bring the total to 4.2 million. Several is 3 or more, so unless 2 is somehow > 3, you're still wrong. :D

I should also point out that the 2.1 total is for December 3 to December 28. You said several million received them on Christmas, and I said in the part you quoted me, that simply did not happen. They didn't even sell "several" million the entire month of December let alone during Christmas.

I OU a Beatn
01-07-2014, 03:43 PM
Don't Starve is now live for Plus members.

CLW
01-07-2014, 03:46 PM
Okay, so you're still wrong? They announced that they had sold 2.1 million consoles on December 3. Between December 3 and December 28, they sold an additional 2.1 million to bring the total to 4.2 million. Several is 3 or more, so unless 2 is somehow > 3, you're still wrong. :D

I should also point out that the 2.1 total is for December 3 to December 28. You said several million received them on Christmas, and I said in the part you quoted me, that simply did not happen. They didn't even sell "several" million the entire month of December let alone during Christmas.

You presume that each and every console bought is opened immediately eh? I can assure you that is not the case. My nephew's PS4 was purchased at launch and sat in a box (excluding the time needed for me to format the new 1TB HDD I got him just before Christmas). I am willing to bet a large % of launch day/initial sales were Xmas presents that were not opened until Christmas.

3 million+ PS4s were out in the wild on Christmas as Sony had sold them contrary to your previous statement quoted above.

In sum, you lose (again). :nod:

CLW :infinity:

IOU 0

Coachdenz
01-07-2014, 03:47 PM
I guess this does me no good since I still live in the land of 1.5 DSL. However I find it nice to be able to stream PS4 games to my Vita while laying my lazy butt in Bed.

Coachdenz
01-07-2014, 03:56 PM
Now what would make me happy would be if I could stream my ps3 games to my ps4 just using my network.

I OU a Beatn
01-07-2014, 04:04 PM
You presume that each and every console bought is opened immediately eh? I can assure you that is not the case. My nephew's PS4 was purchased at launch and sat in a box (excluding the time needed for me to format the new 1TB HDD I got him just before Christmas). I am willing to bet a large % of launch day/initial sales were Xmas presents that were not opened until Christmas.

3 million+ PS4s were out in the wild on Christmas as Sony had sold them contrary to your previous statement quoted above.

In sum, you lose (again). :nod:

CLW :infinity:

IOU 0

What you said about selling several million units during Christmas is blatantly wrong. Sony did NOT sell "several million" PS4s during Christmas like you said. Were there several million units sold through before Christmas? Absolutely, but that's not what you said.

Being the lawyer that you are, you're good at twisting words around to make you seem right, but you're still wrong. You've done the same thing on every issue we've discussed. You made it seem that I said the Xbox One would outsell the PS4, even though I've clearly said the opposite since they were first announced. You said games wouldn't be required to be online and some already are. You said online passes would be abolished and they aren't. Just because you twist your words around and throw up your little "clw and iou" scoreboard doesn't make me forget what you and I said. You've literally been wrong on every single thing we've talked about so far. :D

Coachdenz
01-07-2014, 04:20 PM
Now what would make me happy would be if I could stream my ps3 games to my ps4 just using mu network.

CLW
01-07-2014, 08:03 PM
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2014/01/Launch-Sales-Infographic.png

JBHuskers
01-07-2014, 08:50 PM
You can buy the coverage from the PS Store at anytime into your ownership of the PS4 right? I want to get 3 years but wait closer to the end of this first year with the system.

Stan HAMsen
01-07-2014, 08:52 PM
I thought you had to buy it in the first 30 days.

CLW
01-07-2014, 08:55 PM
You can buy the coverage from the PS Store at anytime into your ownership of the PS4 right? I want to get 3 years but wait closer to the end of this first year with the system.

Who is eligible to purchase these new service plans?
The PlayStation® Protection Plans are available for purchase by customers who are still within their original one-year limited warranty. Accidental Damage Plans are available to anyone who has purchased a system in the past 30 days.

​http://us.playstation.com/support/protection-plan/faqs/index.htm

Stan HAMsen
01-07-2014, 08:57 PM
Thanks. I need to get that myself. :up:

JBHuskers
01-07-2014, 09:02 PM
I figure I won't need accidental. Thanks!

CLW
01-07-2014, 09:03 PM
I figure I won't need accidental. Thanks!

Depending on your deductible your home owner's/renters insurance policy would cover any accidental drops of a PS4 more likely than not. I can read the policy if you'd like to check and make sure.

JBHuskers
01-07-2014, 11:53 PM
Depending on your deductible your home owner's/renters insurance policy would cover any accidental drops of a PS4 more likely than not. I can read the policy if you'd like to check and make sure.

$250

Had to use it in 07 when my place got broken into. Took just the 32" Samsung HDTV (my first HD), PS3, and a clothes hamper to carry it in. About four months after getting a PS3.

Thankfully only 7 days later, got a check, and since prices went down on TVs and PS3s, got everything back and then some.

Even though I wasn't home at the time. I still get panic attacks in the middle of the night every once in a while. Thinking someone is in my apartment or I didn't lock the door, etc. It sucks.

steelerfan
01-08-2014, 01:18 AM
$250

Had to use it in 07 when my place got broken into. Took just the 32" Samsung HDTV (my first HD), PS3, and a clothes hamper to carry it in. About four months after getting a PS3.

Thankfully only 7 days later, got a check, and since prices went down on TVs and PS3s, got everything back and then some.

Even though I wasn't home at the time. I still get panic attacks in the middle of the night every once in a while. Thinking someone is in my apartment or I didn't lock the door, etc. It sucks.

That sucks, buddy. I was robbed at gunpoint in December 1999 and it took me years to get over it completely.

SCClassof93
01-08-2014, 06:30 AM
That sucks, buddy. I was robbed at gunpoint in December 1999 and it took me years to get over it completely.

That really sucks!! Had a guy at a gas station outside Cincinnati try to rob me at knife-point years ago..............I just opened my coat and said "move along"...thankfully he did :D

SmoothPancakes
01-08-2014, 09:13 AM
That really sucks!! Had a guy at a gas station outside Cincinnati try to rob me at knife-point years ago..............I just opened my coat and said "move along"...thankfully he did :D

Well, what were you doing naked underneath the coat to begin with?

JBHuskers
01-08-2014, 09:22 AM
Well, what were you doing naked underneath the coat to begin with?

That was my guess :D

JBHuskers
01-08-2014, 09:24 AM

:smh: some people...

I can't imagine trying to get that out of your head when you lay down.

JBHuskers
01-08-2014, 02:43 PM
I wish you could turn on your PS4 into standby mode remotely for when you know there is an update.

Escobar
01-08-2014, 02:55 PM

May I ask if this was here in Houston?

steelerfan
01-08-2014, 04:21 PM
:smh: some people...

I can't imagine trying to get that out of your head when you lay down.

It wasn't when I was trying to sleep that it bothered me. It was more when I was in public and such. Particularly if I was somewhere with only a few people around. I felt vulnerable and that is not a normal feeling for me.

steelerfan
01-08-2014, 04:22 PM
May I ask if this was here in Houston?

Yes, it was. Pasadena to be specific.

steelerfan
01-08-2014, 04:24 PM

Yeah, it wasn't fun. I'll never be the same as I was before out happened but I'm close to it. Just on guard alot more than before.

Escobar
01-08-2014, 08:13 PM
That's why I tend to stay away from the SE side. You can find me anywhere on W/SW/S side.

steelerfan
01-08-2014, 09:08 PM
That's why I tend to stay away from the SE side. You can find me anywhere on W/SW/S side.

I worked there. I live in Katy now.

Stan HAMsen
01-10-2014, 08:58 PM
Any word on Pulse support?

Stan HAMsen
01-12-2014, 08:02 PM
Trying to play this LEGO Marvel game again. It is amazing to me how often I have absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to do to advance the level. :bang:

jaymo76
01-12-2014, 09:40 PM
Trying to play this LEGO Marvel game again. It is amazing to me how often I have absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to do to advance the level. :bang:

The key to these lego games is playing with another player. There is just so much going on around you that you need a second pair of eyes.

JBHuskers
01-13-2014, 01:08 PM
PS4's were available today at Amazon. For like 20 minutes :D

CLW
01-13-2014, 01:33 PM
PS4's were available today at Amazon. For like 20 minutes :D

I bought them all and sold them immediately on Ebay for $1000 a piece. :nod:

I OU a Beatn
01-13-2014, 06:49 PM
Finally tracked down a second system. Walmart not even 10 miles from me that I didn't even bother looking at because they never get more than 1 or 2 of anything and I assumed they would be sold out. Walked in to get something and happen to go check and they had at least 15 of them behind the glass cases. :D

Still can't believe I didn't check there in the first place.

GatorfanStovy
01-14-2014, 03:23 AM
a second one ? rich bastard.

bdoughty
01-14-2014, 06:05 AM

Wow, the guy in the video must be like *Warren Buffett loaded in your eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNQcdThO4ZA

Not the guy who wrote and sings, "Margaritaville and Cheeseburger in Paradise."

:fp: in advance due the probability of you actually thinking it was Jimmy Buffett.

SCClassof93
01-14-2014, 09:24 AM
Wow, the guy in the video must be like *Warren Buffett loaded in your eyes.

Not the guy who wrote and sings, "Margaritaville and Cheeseburger in Paradise."

:fp: in advance due the probability of you actually thinking it was Jimmy Buffett.

You mean you are not talking about a place to eat until you hurt :P

I OU a Beatn
01-14-2014, 11:44 AM

Didn't pay a cent for either one of them. Amazon/Best Buy credit is all I use.

Escobar
01-14-2014, 02:27 PM

His math is a little off...I have 1 PS4 :)

GatorfanStovy
01-14-2014, 10:00 PM
Didn't pay a cent for either one of them. Amazon/Best Buy credit is all I use.

oh well nice

JBHuskers
01-15-2014, 08:57 AM

http://www.digitaltrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Visa-Mastercard-credit-cards-e1387426494114.jpg

CLW
01-15-2014, 07:10 PM
Meh I've seen youtube videos of people who are best lower middle-class with probably 20K+ in electronics in their basement while some 1%ers only have 1 HD set that the wife probably doesn't even allow the husband to play video games on. :smh:

steelerfan
01-15-2014, 07:44 PM

CLW
01-17-2014, 06:27 AM

http://dadsrights.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/book%2Bletter.jpg

CLW
01-17-2014, 06:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz2HxC2wAsA

steelerfan
01-17-2014, 06:56 AM
http://dadsrights.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/book%2Bletter.jpg

I'm good with my life, bro. I have my dignity and I don't complain on here about being some woman's bitch all the time. :nod:

bdoughty
01-17-2014, 08:17 AM
I'm good with my life, bro. I have my dignity and I don't complain on here about being some woman's bitch all the time. :nod:

http://i.imgur.com/GvKrkLf.gif

I see he has spammed the site with that IGN reader poll. :eyeroll:

Stan HAMsen
01-17-2014, 10:42 AM

But didn't you see the part where it said Obama?

OBAMA!?!?!?!

I mean, clearly, this is CLW 1 steelerfan 0, right?

cdj
01-18-2014, 06:14 AM
PlayStation will soon enter the HBO Go family, with apps for the service coming to the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. Home Box Office CEO Richard Plepler announced the news at the first Buzzfeed Brews event in New York.

With the app, HBO cable subscribers can enjoy unlimited on-demand content. According to a post on the official PlayStation Blog, the app is "coming soon" and will arrive first on PS3 before eventually making its way to the PlayStation 4. A timetable was not shared, but the announcement made mention of the impending fourth season of Game of Thrones, which will begin in April.

The Xbox 360 is currently the only video game console with HBO Go access, featuring special second-screen content alongside select videos.

Courtesy: Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2014/01/16/hbo-go-app-coming-to-ps3-soon-ps4-to-follow/)

CLW
01-19-2014, 05:29 PM
Anyone seen/heard anything about the Blue/Red PS4 controllers? BDay coming up in a month and I'm trying to get a list together.

JBHuskers
01-20-2014, 07:05 PM
Just saw that there will be planned DLC for Resogun.

cdj
01-20-2014, 08:51 PM
Anyone seen/heard anything about the Blue/Red PS4 controllers? BDay coming up in a month and I'm trying to get a list together.

I haven't, but I can't say I have looked. I am surprised they don't have more colors/options out already, though. It seems like an easy moneymaker.

cdj
01-21-2014, 07:54 PM
PlayStation 4 early adopters are experiencing a widespread data corruption error resulting in lost progress and unplayable games, according to frequent reports in a 34-page PlayStation Forum thread.

Joystiq reader "Jim" wrote in to report the loss of 30 hours' worth of progress as a result of a glitch that the PS4 console identifies as "Error CE-34878-0." The bug isn't isolated to a specific game, as PlayStation community members report lost progress across several titles in the PlayStation 4's library, including NBA 2K14, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. In rare cases, "CE-34878-0" prevents users from starting any PlayStation 4 application, rendering the console unusable.

PlayStation forum members suggest a variety of solutions to the issue, ranging from save file deletion to a full console replacement. We've reached out to Sony for comment and await a response.

Courtesy: Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2014/01/20/report-playstation-4-error-is-corrupting-user-save-files/?ncid=rss_truncated)

I've had that error code before, so it's not the end of the world. I don't understand why this issue is showing up now when it has been a while since the last firmware update or console release.

Stan HAMsen
01-21-2014, 10:57 PM
That's the error code that popped when Live would crash from the play call bug in Dynasty, so I've seen it at least 3 times. I haven't noticed any lost data though.

steelerfan
01-22-2014, 12:09 AM
Christ, I'm glad I haven't gone with a next gen console yet. I'm starting to think about waiting till next Fall again (FIFA, NHL) instead of this Spring (MLB).

jaymo76
01-22-2014, 01:52 AM
That's the error code that popped when Live would crash from the play call bug in Dynasty, so I've seen it at least 3 times. I haven't noticed any lost data though.

Saw this tonight during Live 14 when I was downloading the updated rosters. Crashed back to the main menu but I didn't lose any data.

CLW
01-22-2014, 06:18 AM
Odd I haven't seen this error code at all knocks on wood.

SCClassof93
01-24-2014, 05:53 PM
PlayStation 4 early adopters are experiencing a widespread data corruption error resulting in lost progress and unplayable games, according to frequent reports in a 34-page PlayStation Forum thread.

Joystiq reader "Jim" wrote in to report the loss of 30 hours' worth of progress as a result of a glitch that the PS4 console identifies as "Error CE-34878-0." The bug isn't isolated to a specific game, as PlayStation community members report lost progress across several titles in the PlayStation 4's library, including NBA 2K14, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. In rare cases, "CE-34878-0" prevents users from starting any PlayStation 4 application, rendering the console unusable.

PlayStation forum members suggest a variety of solutions to the issue, ranging from save file deletion to a full console replacement. We've reached out to Sony for comment and await a response.

Courtesy: Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2014/01/20/report-playstation-4-error-is-corrupting-user-save-files/?ncid=rss_truncated)

I've had that error code before, so it's not the end of the world. I don't understand why this issue is showing up now when it has been a while since the last firmware update or console release.

As I posted in the 2k thread, I am now getting this code. 27 games into the third season of mycareer and I have played every game. Pretty fed up.

SCClassof93
01-24-2014, 05:55 PM
Christ, I'm glad I haven't gone with a next gen console yet. I'm starting to think about waiting till next Fall again (FIFA, NHL) instead of this Spring (MLB).

Save your money...........

SCClassof93
01-24-2014, 05:59 PM
From Sony's site http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Support-PS4/ce-34878-0-Error/td-p/20287161/page/44

Re: ce-34878-0 Error
Options
on ‎23-01-2014 02:28 PM

Hi guys,

The error code ce-34878-0 indicates an application crash. We are still investigating the reasons behind the frequency and inconsistency in occurrences for some users.

In the mean time please follow the suggestions posted by LordRoss which I have detailed below.

If you are experiencing this ce-34878-0 error code, please close the application and then install the latest system software and game patch.

If the error occurs again, initialise the PS4 system after back-up of the save data and please also submit any crash reports after re-booting your console when the error occurs.

We will be monitoring this thread and any crash reports you send.

Thanks,

SFZ

CLW
01-24-2014, 06:00 PM
Knock on wood I'm not having any of these issues

SCClassof93
01-24-2014, 06:01 PM
Knock on wood I'm not having any of these issues

Good for you :up:

Stan HAMsen
01-24-2014, 06:09 PM
Good luck SC.

SCClassof93
01-24-2014, 06:40 PM
Good luck SC.

Thanks man.

From sony.
CE-34878-0 Application has crashed.
Step 1: Close the application, install the latest system software and game update, and restart the system.
Step 2: If the error occurs again, back up your saved data, and then go to [Settings] > [Initialization] and choose [Initialize PS4].

2k has patch 4 coming in a week or so..............guess I will wait and see if Sony fixes this as it seems from what I can tell (I know dookie about tech) in my reading to be firmware or psn related. FWIW Sony blamed EA for the error when it happened on BF4 and FIFA.........course EA said (correctly) no it is on Sony because 2k has issues as does AC4 and even dvd movies etc.
Or maybe the 2k patch will help :dunno:

So pissed right now.........been a frustrating couple of years for me and video games.
http://magicoficecream.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/hulk_avengers_gif_cinemagraph.gif

steelerfan
01-24-2014, 09:00 PM

Money isn't the issue for me. If I decide to get one or if I decide to wait, it will have nothing to do with money (though if I get one before a game I really want - like MLBTS 14, FIFA 15, or NHL 15 - comes out I will end up wasting money buying games I don't care about just to have stuff to play). With that said, I am disappointed at the removed features from last gen (mp3), broken features (Netflix and other Apps) and then you add to it that they are so fucking unstable. I guess I'm still not sold and I'm not interested in subjecting myself to the frustration it may bring. I really wish that a firmware update would come out and clean it all up to change my mind.

jaymo76
01-25-2014, 12:25 AM
Money isn't the issue for me. If I decide to get one or if I decide to wait, it will have nothing to do with money (though if I get one before a game I really want - like MLBTS 14, FIFA 15, or NHL 15 - comes out I will end up wasting money buying games I don't care about just to have stuff to play). With that said, I am disappointed at the removed features from last gen (mp3), broken features (Netflix and other Apps) and then you add to it that they are so fucking unstable. I guess I'm still not sold and I'm not interested in subjecting myself to the frustration it may bring. I really wish that a firmware update would come out and clean it all up to change my mind.

Yeah the Netflix app crashes really suck. I am no longer using any PS4 apps because I don't want to put my system at risk. Sadly though it takes the PS3 so long to load that basically any app I am running I now run off of my wife's WiiU.

SCClassof93
01-25-2014, 09:23 AM

My bad. I translated my "save your money" statement with parts of your post. Save money is opposite of waste and avoiding frustration. I am feeling pretty wasteful and frustrated right now.:fp:

steelerfan
01-25-2014, 09:51 AM
My bad. I translated my "save your money" statement with parts of your post. Save money is opposite of waste and avoiding frustration. I am feeling pretty wasteful and frustrated right now.:fp:

Um, like I said, it would cause me to waste money if there wasn't a game out that I wanted (which is why I'd wait for MLBTS, NHL or FIFA). I'm not sure I would equate saving money with avoiding frustration but whatever.

SCClassof93
01-25-2014, 10:55 AM
Um, like I said, it would cause me to waste money if there wasn't a game out that I wanted (which is why I'd wait for MLBTS, NHL or FIFA). I'm not sure I would equate saving money with avoiding frustration but whatever.

I think we are agreeing but i'm not sure so let me try again............wanted product (not a waste at that point), bought product (still no waste), now product not working correctly (feeling wasteful now AND frustrated by product) :dunno:

So my point was you could save your money and some frustration by not making the purchase until this is fixed.

steelerfan
01-25-2014, 11:08 AM
I think we are agreeing but i'm not sure so let me try again............wanted product (not a waste at that point), bought product (still no waste), now product not working correctly (feeling wasteful now AND frustrated by product) :dunno:

So my point was you could save your money and some frustration by not making the purchase until this is fixed.

We're basically saying the same thing. I guess the only variance in what I'm saying is that I would only view buying games I don't care about as a waste. Buying a system that didn't completely work yet isn't a waste (in my eyes) unless either A) it never was fixed and worked correctly (even in the distant future) or B) the early generation that I bought ended up being modified (from a hardware standpoint) in later models making mine less than efficient or still a POS. :)

cdj
01-25-2014, 08:16 PM
In the past two weeks I have had the system not output sound (had to unplug HDMI cables and restart to fix) and then a crash when trying to send a message via the console. Google searches provided a lot of people saying that they are 'common issues, but hopefully a future firmware update will rectify.' :fp: Very annoying and word of these other issues has me happily playing a lot of PS3.

steelerfan
01-25-2014, 09:00 PM
Not a ringing endorsement for the new generation. :(

I OU a Beatn
01-25-2014, 09:11 PM
I've had the same happen pretty consistently. I have another issue that when I have my A40s hooked up via optical, it'll randomly break the audio up. I have to reset the system to fix it. Funny thing is, it happens 100% of the time when playing NBA 2K14, so I can't use my headset at all when playing it. Downloads don't download automatically for me, even when I have it in standby. Disc wont eject sometimes. This started off early where only the button wouldn't work, but even if I try it via the "start > eject" method, it sometimes still wont work. I have to reset it and then it works fine.

Add that to the numerous game crashes and freezes I've had and it definitely hasn't been a very good experience.

jaymo76
01-25-2014, 10:55 PM
Anyone else finding that frequently information doesn't upload and you manually have to upload your game progress to the cloud? There really are a lot of bugs but that being said I still am very much enjoying the 4.

JBHuskers
01-27-2014, 10:40 AM
Anyone else finding that frequently information doesn't upload and you manually have to upload your game progress to the cloud? There really are a lot of bugs but that being said I still am very much enjoying the 4.

Here and there, but it tries again and usually succeeds on my end.

SCClassof93
01-27-2014, 10:53 AM
Since I can't continue mycareer with 2k on ps4 I fired up Dragon's Dogma we got for free awhile back on ps3.....decent game once you get the options right and controls down. I love looking at my ps4 gather dust:fp:...............and yes clw we are happy you have no issues :glare:

I OU a Beatn
01-27-2014, 04:10 PM
Since I can't continue mycareer with 2k on ps4 I fired up Dragon's Dogma we got for free awhile back on ps3.....decent game once you get the options right and controls down. I love looking at my ps4 gather dust:fp:...............and yes clw we are happy you have no issues :glare:

He's having similar issues as to everyone else. When you have your head up Sony's ass as far as he does, he just doesn't notice them as vividly as everyone else. As I said before, both of these systems were clearly rushed to the market and I've had really annoying problems with both.

cdj
01-28-2014, 11:32 AM
According to a “well-placed” Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-ps1-ps2-games-heading-to-ps4) source, PlayStation and PlayStation 2 compatibility is coming to the PlayStation 4 through local emulation. This same source claims that Sony’s recently announced PlayStation Now service will only offer PlayStation 3 titles as well. This is despite earlier reports that Sony’s streaming service would offer all generation of titles to multiple devices.

Courtesy: Stealthy Box (http://www.stealthybox.com/rumor-playstation-and-playstation-2-emulation-coming-to-ps4/)

Stan HAMsen
01-28-2014, 11:40 AM
How about Pulse compatibility?

And, you know, fixing whatever is causing those save file errors?

SCClassof93
01-28-2014, 11:53 AM
How about Pulse compatibility?

And, you know, fixing whatever is causing those save file errors?

And the crowd goes wild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JBHuskers
01-28-2014, 01:22 PM
If it can let me emulate NCAA Baseball 05 (yeah right)....I'd jizz in my pants....

Report: PS1/PS2 Games Coming to PS4 Via Emulation (http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/68989/report-ps1ps2-games-coming-to-ps4-via-emulation)

A report coming from Eurogamer suggests that Sony will bring over PlayStation 1 and PlayStation 2 games to the newly released PlayStation 4. The new-gen console isn't equipped to handle backwards compatibility and the report says that it won't be using the recently announced PlayStation Now streaming service, instead opting for emulation.
According to Eurogamer's "well-placed source," Sony is looking to bring older titles to the PS4 via emulation similar to how it brought PS1 games to the PlayStation 3/Vita and PS2 games to the PS3 using software emulation and PSN. Except in this case, the legacy titles may look even better by running the game in HD native resolution, Eurogamer suggests.

"Assuming this intention carries through to final code, we'll be seeing an effect similar to the resolution scaling seen on unofficial PC emulation of Sony's consoles, as well as a great many of the 'HD remasters' we saw on PS3 – where original assets were rendered at a higher resolution, often without any actual remastering at all."

PlayStation Now will initially stream PS3 games with PS2 and PS1 games down the line. It'll be interesting to see if Sony will indeed use emulation to cater to the core PS4 audience as emulation should offer a better gaming experience over a cloud streaming solution.

Source: Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-ps1-ps2-games-heading-to-ps4)

bdoughty
01-28-2014, 06:40 PM
If it can let me emulate NCAA Baseball 05 (yeah right)....I'd jizz in my pants....

NCAA Baseball? Come on now...

http://i.imgur.com/NkSrTtI.jpg

JBHuskers
01-28-2014, 07:29 PM
Yes. MS never made it backwards compatible with the 360 :fdown:

I might buy a PS1 again to play the Mary Kate & Ashley game!

bdoughty
01-28-2014, 07:48 PM
I might buy a PS1 again to play the Mary Kate & Ashley game!

Imagine a world where all those backwards compatible games had Trophies.

:plat: Chris Hansened: You have just Platinumed a Mary Kate and Ashley game. Please have a seat and wait for the FBI to ring the doorbell. ;)

JBHuskers
01-28-2014, 10:21 PM
Imagine a world where all those backwards compatible games had Trophies.

:plat: You have just Platinumed a Mary Kate and Ashley game.

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y389/JBHuskers/GIFs/albundy_zps72ac525d.gif

SmoothPancakes
01-28-2014, 11:39 PM
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/Gifs/chris_hansen.gif

SCClassof93
01-29-2014, 07:12 AM
The good news: my saved game file on 2k loaded and I got to play yesterday afternoon. The bad news: after one game I had to save and leave for an hour..upon return error CE-34878-0 again :fp:. The has to be an error with psn or the 2k servers. Least I know my file has not been corrupted...yet..

Stan HAMsen
01-29-2014, 10:17 AM
SC - with the amount of time you have invested in that game, I'd probably just wait for an official 'all clear' announcement just to be safe.

Like cdj said earlier, I'm pretty content playing mostly PS3 games at the moment. I'm not worried about corrupted saves from the pinball games :D but I would be really hesitant to spend much time on a PS4 sports title right now. I've only got a few games left to finish a season on NCAA and then it'll be time for one of the NBA games, so I'm going to be facing that decision in a week or so.

I guess I'm the only one, but I really couldn't care less about PS1 or PS2 games. I bought ported versions of the PS2 GTA games through the PS Store. While I like the idea of playing through them again, I start to lose interest pretty quick. I imagine that would be my experience with the vast majority of previous gen titles.

SCClassof93
01-29-2014, 02:31 PM
Well now the game won't even launch :D:fp:. I get the Lebron screen and while loading the menu selection it closes and boots me to the report error screen. I literally can't play anything AT ALL on 2k, no exhibition, gm, career...nothing, zip, nada. Can't start over much less continue.

In other news I popped three trophies tinkering with NBA Live Dynasty :D

JBHuskers
01-29-2014, 02:57 PM
Well now the game won't even launch :D:fp:. I get the Lebron screen and while loading the menu selection it closes and boots me to the report error screen. I literally can't play anything AT ALL on 2k, no exhibition, gm, career...nothing, zip, nada. Can't start over much less continue.

In other news I popped three trophies tinkering with NBA Live Dynasty :D

Your system just has anti-2K software installed in it ;)

CLW
01-29-2014, 03:35 PM
Yep should have never downloaded Live its like a virus attacking your PS4.

bdoughty
01-29-2014, 05:20 PM
Yep should have never downloaded Live its like a virus attacking your PS4.

Yes, mock the one game people have been able to actually play since it's launch. It's not that bad.

CLW
01-29-2014, 08:08 PM
Yes, mock the one game people have been able to actually play since it's launch. It's not that bad.

Knack; Resogun; FIFA; AC IV; etc... say hello. :nod:

bdoughty
01-29-2014, 08:30 PM
Knack; Resogun; FIFA; AC IV; etc... say hello. :nod:

You know I was strictly talking basketball games.

CLW
02-01-2014, 05:59 AM
http://i.imgur.com/jBrJu6T.jpg

JBHuskers
02-01-2014, 07:35 PM
:D

SCClassof93
02-02-2014, 10:07 AM
Since patch 4 I have played several games of 2k with no issues or occurrences of ce-34878-0.

CLW
02-02-2014, 10:16 AM
Since patch 4 I have played several games of 2k with no issues or occurrences of ce-34878-0.

That's good maybe it is an issue with the game and not the system then.

SCClassof93
02-02-2014, 10:20 AM
That's good maybe it is an issue with the game and not the system then.

From what I have read that code covers many issues.

steelerfan
02-02-2014, 05:43 PM

Good news.

CLW
02-03-2014, 03:24 PM
PS4 Update 1.60, $99 Wireless Headset AnnouncedYou can finally brush the dust off those Pulse Elites.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/03/ps4-update-160-99-wireless-headset-announced

I OU a Beatn
02-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Pretty well useless update for me. Where's the suspend/resume feature Sony was touting for months before launch?

Stan HAMsen
02-03-2014, 06:26 PM
Glad to finally have Pulse support.

I'm probably going to pass on the new headset. I have both the Pulse and the Pulse Elite, so I really don't need it.

However, the Elite headset is a bit uncomfortable for me. The audio profiles are great though, so I still use it for short burst game play. The regular Pulse is super comfy, and this looks like that design + the profiles.... So, yea, maybe.

I OU a Beatn
02-04-2014, 05:35 PM
Why is it every time I try to do something on PS4, there's something wrong? I download Outlast to play through. "This game can only be launched by the person who owns the content." Which is me. I try to restore licenses about 20 times and just get errors. I try to go to the store to re-download...errors. Okay, I'll just play Battlefield while they sort their stuff out. "Battlefield servers are down."

:fp:

cdj
02-04-2014, 08:59 PM
PSN users (PS3 & PS4) may want to change their password. My account was hacked/compromised this morning and a Twitter search shows that others are having the same issue.

Sony was able to correct the issue for me in a matter of minutes, FWIW. The guy(s) responsible were *nice* enough to brag about it to me on Twitter. As far as I can tell, they didn't do anything but they may not have had time. One Twitter user is saying that their GTA Online cash was wiped out. If they did that to me, I haven't checked but I know they didn't get rich.

I do not think it is a widespread issue, but wanted to give a heads-up. I'm not sure why they thought I was cute enough for it.

- Unrelated, but many users are having an issue with the PSN Store. They are seeing a message saying it is unavailable in their country. :fp:

Stan HAMsen
02-04-2014, 09:22 PM
Yes, the store is not available in my country. :fp:

Also, I'm not getting any sound from either Pulse or Elite headsets.

I OU a Beatn
02-04-2014, 11:02 PM
This 3 months since launch has been a disaster network wise. It was one thing for them to pull this garbage when it was free to play online, but it's unacceptable for this to happen as often as it does on a pay to play service. I understand Sony saw all the money Microsoft was making off of Xbox Live, but Microsoft has the infrastructure to provide a service that is quality enough to be a paid service, while Sony clearly isn't there yet.

It seems like every time time I hop on something is wrong with it. Meanwhile, I haven't had a single online issue with the Xbox One, even on launch night when everyone was pounding the servers.

JBHuskers
02-07-2014, 02:06 PM
Kaz: Over 50% of the 4.2 Million PS4 Owners Have a PlayStation Plus Subscription (http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/02/06/kaz-over-50-of-the-4-2-million-ps4-owners-have-a-playstation-plus-subscription/)

Stan HAMsen
02-08-2014, 03:47 PM
Also, I'm not getting any sound from either Pulse or Elite headsets.

Default Audio Output Setting for headphones is Chat Only. :fp:

cdj
02-08-2014, 10:08 PM
This eBay seller is offering Dualshock 4 Light Bar Decals with preset or customizable text/logo (http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Dualshock-4-Light-Bar-Decal-PS4-Lightbar-Customize-FREE-US-SHIPPING-/301084502319) ($2.49 with free shipping). Here is how to install them (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6UMK9IGNgo).

I OU a Beatn
02-08-2014, 10:40 PM
Awesome.

steelerfan
02-08-2014, 10:44 PM
Awesome.

Yeah. That is a cool idea. :up:

CLW
02-13-2014, 06:08 PM
January 2014 NPD: PlayStation 4 outsells Xbox One by 2-to-1 marginhttp://venturebeat.com/2014/02/13/january-2014-npd-playstation-4-extends-its-lead/

JBHuskers
02-14-2014, 11:45 AM
So basically...

November: Sony has a week head start
December: Microsoft catches up after only a week of sales in November
Janaury:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0rfmjnT7kw

CLW
02-14-2014, 12:12 PM
Yep just as CLW told IOU back at E3. :nod:

I OU a Beatn
02-14-2014, 12:25 PM
For about the 5th time, I have always said the PS4 would outsell the Xbox One if there's a price difference. I realize you're just going to continue to pretend that I did say the Xbox One would win the sales battle at launch so that you can throw up your little scoreboard, though, so carry on.

JBHuskers
02-14-2014, 12:29 PM
http://twistedconservative.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/keep-calm-and-don-t-feed-the-troll-48.png

I OU a Beatn
02-14-2014, 12:31 PM
Can't help it. It's the fact that he actually believes the garbage he's spouting. :D

I guess that's what the PS4 fanboys do when they've run out of games to play. Don't worry, CLW, Second Son is right around the corner.

steelerfan
02-14-2014, 07:29 PM

CLW
02-14-2014, 09:10 PM
For about the 5th time, I have always said the PS4 would outsell the Xbox One if there's a price difference. I realize you're just going to continue to pretend that I did say the Xbox One would win the sales battle at launch so that you can throw up your little scoreboard, though, so carry on.

Someone is a LIAR. Let's recap from back pre-launch shall we.....

PS4 "hotter" than XBoxOne on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames

Well...it has been sold out for about 8 hours now, so...:D [making excuse for MS lagging behind Sony's sales]

Not in a billion years. The PS3 was where it was at because of it's absolutely outrageous price tag, the complete lack of exclusives for the first several years, and the fact the system was nothing but a pain in the ass to develop for, not to mention it launched a year behind the 360.

The Xbox One has none of these problems. The price tag is more than reasonable considering the camera is included. It's got several exclusives that people are always excited for (Ryse, Dead Rising 3, and the jaw dropping Titanfall). It's using a similar architecture to what the 360 used and what the PS4 is using, so ease of development will still be there. Plus, they'll be launching within a few weeks of the PS4 either way, so that advantage isn't there, either.

They did what they had to do, IMO. They locked up timed exclusive content to the 2 biggest games in existence which will definitely coax consumers to buy their system (don't underestimate the power of having timed content on Call of Duty and Battlefield), especially the shooter fans. They introduced a system that will allow used games with no restrictions (I'm still pissed they changed everything, FYI) so no drawback there. Plus, they're going to appeal to families with all the TV features and all that garbage.

The 360 dominated America and regardless of price, it might not be as lopsided, but I'm pretty certain they'll win America again. It was always really close in Europe, and I don't see any reason for that to change. Sony will probably have a little bit bigger of a lead because of the TV stuff being suited for America, but it wont be a massive difference. Sony will own Japan like always.

Neither one of these systems is going to vastly outsell the other. In certain areas, Sony's console is much better, however, in other areas, Microsoft's console is much better. It's going to be a repeat of this generation, IMO, too close to care about.

I'll make that bet. Sony will win America this time around unless/until MS comes out with some "game changer" that justifies the extra $100 price. "Game Changer" = another 180 on price dropping it to = or below PS4 price and/or some other unannounced feature that completely alters the concept of the product.

Sony's DRM announcement won this console war the second they announced it at E3 and MS knew it was beat and tried to mitigate its loss by the 180 and they have been spinning ever since.

This time MS has no year head start and they are charging $100/20% more in price. Kinect is garbage as I can "watch t.v." with shock my t.v. and a remote faster than I can by saying "XBox Watch T.V.". Hell, many gamers probably don't even own cable t.v. (Cord Cutters) so why would that "feature" appeal to them?

You've lost one "bet" (DRM) already I suppose its time to make you eat crow on another. :nod:

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/29700000/Pipe-Bomb-cm-punk-29763174-500-225.gif

SmoothPancakes
02-14-2014, 09:16 PM
I think this pretty much sums things up for everyone who is not a troll named CLW.

http://www.easyvegan.info/img/all-the-fucks.jpg

:fp:

I OU a Beatn
02-14-2014, 09:23 PM
I really hope you're a better lawyer than you are at making arguments on here.

The first one is talking about Amazon orders and has nothing to do with sales. The price tag of $500 IS reasonable considering what you're getting. I'm still very confident they will win America and I'm still very confident it'll be really close in Europe. Neither one of the systems are going to vastly outsell each other.

What exactly does any of those quotes have ANYTHING to do with what we're talking about now? You're posting stuff where I'm talking about the FINAL outcome of these systems. Earlier you were blabbing about how I supposedly said the Xbox One would sell more AT LAUNCH, which is utter horseshit (as I've said 3 times now) because I never said that. I've always said that as along as Microsoft is losing the price war, they're going to lose the sales war. The quotes I you posted where I said they would win the US and stay close in Europe is based on the fact that I believe Microsoft will cut the price and be competitive price wise with Sony. As I said in that quote, I'm pretty certain they will win the US because I think Microsoft's games appeal much more towards the US gamer, which loves online shooters. That's IF they become a little more competitive with their pricing.

Seriously, are you sure you're a lawyer? You seem to really latch onto shit that has absolutely nothing to do with your original argument. You're telling me I stated that the Xbox One would outsell the PS4 at launch and all you can come up with is quotes where I said the Xbox One would outsell the PS4 in America when it's all said and done. Seriously?

EDIT: Also, :D @ that last quote you posted of yourself. "You've lost one "bet" (DRM) already I suppose its time to make you eat crow on another."

That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. You were babbling shit about how games couldn't be always online because "Sony wont allow it." You even said the same shit about online passes. There's ALREADY (4 months into launch, mind you) games that require a constant internet connection and there's already games that requires online passes. You were blatantly wrong about both and yet somehow, I lost the bet. :D

steelerfan
02-15-2014, 12:00 AM
Didn't he quit practicing law? I thought that was the case anyway.

Stan HAMsen
02-15-2014, 08:14 PM
About every third time I turn on PS4 and then Pulse headset, I get that same old CE-blah blah error code. Sometimes just turning off the headset and quitting the game will clear it up, sometimes I have to unplug/replug the USB thing.

steelerfan
02-16-2014, 02:17 AM
About every third time I turn on PS4 and then Pulse headset, I get that same old CE-blah blah error code. Sometimes just turning off the headset and quitting the game will clear it up, sometimes I have to unplug/replug the USB thing.

Sounds stable. :(

Fucking next gen sucks.

CLW
02-16-2014, 08:49 AM
I want me some Blue and Red PS4 controllers. :smh:

I OU a Beatn
02-16-2014, 12:29 PM
Sounds stable. :(

Fucking next gen sucks.

It's pretty awful, especially on PS4. Since launch, I've had close to 50 crashes across various games. If I use my headset during NBA 2k, the audio will skip in and out until I take it out. I've had my system randomly eject my disc. My controller analog sticks look I've been using them for 10 years. Throw on top of that the lack of games (we have Second Son coming out in March and then...well...uh...The Order, maybe?) and it's been an awful launch. I guess they're selling so many because everyone is like me and just wanted to get it for the future.

On the Xbox side, I STILL don't have surround sound coming out of my optical port, which is asinine. Every thing you do opens in an app, which is annoying, especially friends, achievements, messages, and frequently used stuff like that. The party system is a joke, but that's getting fixed next month.

As I've said numerous times, both of these were rushed to the market. Sony's build quality on these systems is just icing on the cake, too. The plastic on one of my PS4s is already fading in color and as I said earlier, I've barely used my launch edition controller and the analog stick is almost completely worn off. Just awful.

steelerfan
02-16-2014, 10:59 PM
It's pretty awful, especially on PS4. Since launch, I've had close to 50 crashes across various games. If I use my headset during NBA 2k, the audio will skip in and out until I take it out. I've had my system randomly eject my disc. My controller analog sticks look I've been using them for 10 years. Throw on top of that the lack of games (we have Second Son coming out in March and then...well...uh...The Order, maybe?) and it's been an awful launch. I guess they're selling so many because everyone is like me and just wanted to get it for the future.

On the Xbox side, I STILL don't have surround sound coming out of my optical port, which is asinine. Every thing you do opens in an app, which is annoying, especially friends, achievements, messages, and frequently used stuff like that. The party system is a joke, but that's getting fixed next month.

As I've said numerous times, both of these were rushed to the market. Sony's build quality on these systems is just icing on the cake, too. The plastic on one of my PS4s is already fading in color and as I said earlier, I've barely used my launch edition controller and the analog stick is almost completely worn off. Just awful.

:smh:

Maybe it's time to find something else to do.

I OU a Beatn
02-18-2014, 01:30 AM
As of 2/8/14, PS4 has surpassed 5.3 million sold (http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/playstation4-sales-surpass-53-million-units-worldwide-245922801.html)

TOKYO, Feb. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) today announced that the PlayStation®4 (PS4™) computer entertainment system has cumulatively sold through more than 5.3 million units*1 around the world as of February 8, 2014 (JST), and is continuing to demonstrate strong growth and momentum.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20020701/SFM066LOGO)

"I am thrilled that so many customers around the globe have continued to select PS4 as the best place to play throughout and beyond the holiday season," said Andrew House, President and Group CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. "We are delighted that according to the NPD Group's latest data, PS4 was January's top-selling console in the United States. The PS4 system's momentum just keeps growing stronger, and we are extremely grateful for the continued passion and support of PlayStation® fans. February 22 sees the launch of PS4 in Japan, and I'm looking forward to Japanese fans sharing the excitement of the deep social capabilities and entertainment experiences only possible on PS4."

*1 Number of retail sales to consumers is estimated by SCEI. PS4 sales data in North America and Latin America collected 11/15/2013 – 2/8/2014. Europe and Asia collected 11/29/13 – 2/8/2014.

Yep, consoles are dead. Stick a fork in 'em.

CLW
02-18-2014, 05:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb2Ur7_fT48

CLW
02-18-2014, 12:14 PM
FYI: PS4 Firmware Update 1.61 Now LiveSome more of that “software stability.”
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/18/fyi-ps4-firmware-update-161-now-live

CLW
02-21-2014, 01:45 PM
Sony Expects PlayStation 4 Scarcity to Continue"…we should be back to free supply by about April."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/21/sony-expects-playstation-4-scarcity-to-continue

I OU a Beatn
02-26-2014, 10:54 PM
More Sony not knowing what the hell they're doing bullshit:

Update: Sony has provided the following statement to IGN, confirming what our sources have told us:

SCEA can confirm that we have completed a reduction in workforce at Santa Monica Studio. This is a result of a cycle of resource re-alignment against priority growth areas within SCE WWS. We do not take these decisions lightly. However, sometimes it is necessary to make changes to better serve the future projects of the studio. We have offered outplacement services and severance packages to ease transition for those impacted.

Reliable sources have confirmed to IGN that there were layoffs at Sony Santa Monica Studio today. The Sony-owned, exclusive developer – founded in 1999 – is best known for its God of War games.

The extent of the damage remains unclear, though there are indications that one of the projects the studio was working on has been cancelled alongside this round of layoffs.

We’ve reached out to Sony and will update when we hear back. In the meantime, our very best goes out to those affected by this unfortunate news.

Basically, the team that Stig Asmussen has been heading up creating a new IP (rumored to have been in development for 3+ years) has been cancelled. These are all facts. The rumors are below:

According to our sources, a majority of layoffs consist of key staff that were working on Santa Monica’s new IP, the project now more or less scrapped into oblivion. While details on the project are scarce, we’ve been told it was a science fiction title not all that far removed from Bungie and Activision’s Destiny, and a very large project at the studio, with sources expressing very positive enthusiasm for the project’s vision and potential. We’ve also been told that after Destiny was formally revealed parts of Santa Monica’s sci-fi project underwent rather significant changes, the original vision apparently quite similar to what Bungie is cooking up, changes applied to distance the two. Based on information supplied, we’re lead to believe the choice to divert Santa Monica’s project away from Destiny comparisons lead to somewhat troubled development, the studio unable to fully get the project back on course, ultimately culminating in its cancellation.

As for Santa Monica’s future, sources reveal that Sony’s prime objective with staff remaining from the now cancelled sci-fi IP is to move them over to development on a next generation God of War (among other things), set to launch at some point on PlayStation 4. While the move is hardly unsurprising, given the expectation that Sony would not abandon one of its most popular intellectual properties, we’re told a number of ex-scifi IP staff moved over aren’t happy about the change and are lamenting the loss of their original project.

Rocket Chainsaw will attempt to uncover more about the cancelled sci-fi project, and report any discoveries in the near future.

Yet another cancelled Sony project that was just dripping with potential.

SCClassof93
02-28-2014, 10:49 AM
I think Sony's track record shows they know how to stay in business, sadly during hard economic times this will mean tough choices will have to be made.

I OU a Beatn
02-28-2014, 11:21 AM
I think Sony's track record shows they know how to stay in business, sadly during hard economic times this will mean tough choices will have to be made.

This is at least the 4th time within the past 5 years that they have either killed a really popular franchise by demanding drastic changes to the game play OR killed a game that has been in development for 3+ years. If it's that far into development, why cancel it? It makes absolutely no sense.

Oddly enough, most of these games that they mess with and end up getting rid of are the one type of game that they have virtually none of - shooters. They REALLY need to find their exclusive shooter that's actually fun to play.

CLW
02-28-2014, 04:48 PM

Cone on SC EVERYONE knows they made the wrong call on DRM, price point and the general lead up to PS4 launch was just a complete debacle unlike their #1 competitor. They are simply getting OWNED in every conceivable fashion. Sony has no clue what its customers want.

I OU a Beatn
02-28-2014, 07:15 PM
Cone on SC EVERYONE knows they made the wrong call on DRM, price point and the general lead up to PS4 launch was just a complete debacle unlike their #1 competitor. They are simply getting OWNED in every conceivable fashion. Sony has no clue what its customers want.

You do realize I'm talking about shooters, right? You know, the genre that you can't play anyway? Perhaps you should argue something you actually know what you're talking about. I mentioned NONE of the things you're babbling about.

I'm talking about how they've run SOCOM, Resistance, Killzone, and many others right into the ground, but sure...let's forgive them because they managed to undercut their competitor by $100 this time around. It's not even in the same subject of what I was talking about, not to mention it's so shortsighted. It's almost like they didn't launch the PS3 at $200 more than their competitor's extremely similarly powered console. :fp:

I OU a Beatn
03-03-2014, 01:46 AM
Sony/Guerrilla Games Lie about Resolution of Shadow Fall (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-in-theory-1080p30-or-720p60)

In the single-player mode, the game runs at full 1080p with an unlocked frame-rate (though a 30fps cap has been introduced as an option in a recent patch), but it's a different story altogether with multiplayer. Here Guerrilla Games has opted for a 960x1080 framebuffer, in pursuit of a 60fps refresh. Across a range of clips, we see the game handing in a 50fps average on multiplayer. It makes a palpable difference, but it's probably not the sort of boost you might expect from halving fill-rate.

Uh oh, CLW.

CLW
03-03-2014, 06:17 AM
Sony/Guerrilla Games Lie about Resolution of Shadow Fall (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-in-theory-1080p30-or-720p60)

Uh oh, CLW.

That's o.k. if the game had played on XB1 it would have to run at 480i.

I OU a Beatn
03-03-2014, 11:26 AM
Irrelevant. I was more interested in your opinion of Sony blatantly lying about something like that since they care about the consumer so much.

SmoothPancakes
03-03-2014, 03:01 PM
Irrelevant. I was more interested in your opinion of Sony blatantly lying about something like that since they care about the consumer so much.

It's his beloved Sony.

http://therealsingapore.com/sites/default/files/field/image/sweep_under_rug_21753183.jpg

Sweep under the rug and deflect the question with a disparaging remark about Xbox One = Trolling accomplished for another day.

I OU a Beatn
03-04-2014, 03:12 AM
As of March 2nd, Sony has passed 6 million PS4s sold worldwide. Damn impressive considering we're not even a full 4 months into this generation yet. I wish Microsoft would release updated Xbox One numbers. I'm pretty sure it's over 10 million next gen consoles (I'm not including Wii U :D) sold worldwide in less than 4 months. Wow.

CLW
03-04-2014, 06:13 AM

It's not cool. Should have just said what the true resolution and frame rates were.

CLW
03-04-2014, 07:36 AM
Why PS4 is set up to keep winning the console wars
http://news.yahoo.com/why-ps4-set-keep-winning-console-wars-212405448.html

GatorfanStovy
03-05-2014, 10:12 PM
Big flipping deal. 100 dollars cheaper .. That is so dumb but yet people love it.

I OU a Beatn
03-06-2014, 02:28 PM
What the hell is going on at Sony recently?

Jack Tretton Steps Down at CEO of SCEA (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/06/jack-tretton-stepping-down-as-president-and-ceo-of-scea?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social)

I really liked him.

JBHuskers
03-06-2014, 02:32 PM
Bummer. He was good for Sony.

He probably got death threats from CLW stating he's going to take over as CEO :D

I OU a Beatn
03-06-2014, 02:43 PM
Doesn't sound like he's too happy about it:

PlayStation Nation,
It is with mixed feelings that I inform you that I will be stepping down as President and CEO of SCEA effective March 31, 2014. This is a result of a mutual agreement with SCEA, and I leave knowing that the PlayStation brand has never been stronger, PlayStation 4 momentum continues to accelerate, and the future will only get brighter for our gamers.
Serving PlayStation fans for the past 19 years has been one of the most rewarding experiences in my career. Your passion for gaming inspired me every day.
I want to thank you for constantly pushing PlayStation to deliver breakthrough gaming and entertainment experiences, and to never settle for “good enough.” The embodiment of this commitment can be found in the PS4, which has quickly become the #1 next-gen console worldwide…thanks to you.
We’ve shared many memories over the past two decades and I’ll always be grateful for your support.

Thank you,
Jack Tretton

I know Sony is restructuring to stop the massive bleeding, but this is an odd choice, IMO. Jack had a great presence at events and really made you like him.

SCClassof93
03-06-2014, 03:48 PM
Big flipping deal. 100 dollars cheaper .. That is so dumb but yet people love it.

Did you ever find employment?

CLW
03-06-2014, 04:20 PM
Jack did a simply AMAZING job with the buildup to launch of PS4. Sad to see him go.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/06/jack-tretton-stepping-down-as-president-and-ceo-of-scea

steelerfan
03-06-2014, 06:24 PM

:drum:

GatorfanStovy
03-06-2014, 09:52 PM

Yup working for a ink printing manufacturing plant doing 12 hour shifts getting 11$ an hour to start. but still gotta save up for other junk ... but i still want my xbox one ...

Marlowe
03-09-2014, 12:42 PM
Anyone know if they ever fixed the Netflix app. Tried using it a few times when the console released and it froze each time. Had to power down the console in order to exit the app. :glare:

jaymo76
03-09-2014, 12:46 PM
Anyone know if they ever fixed the Netflix app. Tried using it a few times when the console released and it froze each time. Had to power down the console in order to exit the app. :glare:

Great Q. I would like to know this as well. We have switched over to WiiU for nexflix as the PS4 froze on me three times over Netflix and I had to power off the system. I wasn't willing to try a fourth time.

gschwendt
03-09-2014, 03:03 PM
I haven't had any issues with it since launch... works for me today.

jaymo76
03-09-2014, 06:55 PM
I haven't had any issues with it since launch... works for me today.

Strange. It's almost like the issue with downloading rosters in NBA Live 14: some people are effected and other not at all.

gschwendt
03-12-2014, 02:17 PM

CLW
03-13-2014, 08:36 PM
Sony Exec Teases Microsoft over Xbox PolicyJust some friendly competition?
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/14/sony-exec-teases-microsoft-over-xbox-policy?abthid=5322508f9d7d09e102000045

CLW
03-14-2014, 06:25 AM
Sony Testing Rental Links on PlayStation StorePresumably tied into PlayStation Now.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/14/sony-testing-rental-links-on-playstation-store

cdj
03-19-2014, 10:13 AM
Here at PlayStation, we listen closely to your comments and requests, which are weighted heavily when looking at the future of our platforms. Since PlayStation 4 launched, we’ve heard a lot of great feedback from you about what you like with the platform and what you’d like to see us work on. I’m happy to report that, as a direct result of your feedback, we’ll soon be bringing some of your most-requested features to PS4 with a system software update in the upcoming weeks. These features and additions will help make your PS4 even more socially connected by further enabling you to customize your most epic gaming moments and granting even more options to show them to your friends.

This upcoming update will add a rich video editor with a simple tool to personalize your video clips, and you’ll also be able to export to and save the videos and screenshots you create by pressing the SHARE button to a USB drive. In addition, this update will add an HDCP off option for capturing gameplay via HDMI, a feature we’ve previously said would come after launch. We recognize that some gamers want to record and share longer clips of their gameplay sessions, and we’re excited to deliver this option with PS4. There’s a lot more coming in this update as well, so stay tuned for more—there will be plenty in the update to excite everyone.

As part of a separate system software update in the future, we have been working with our partners at Twitch and Ustream, and will also be adding the ability for Twitch broadcasts to be archived – another highly requested feature among PS4 fans who are taking advantage of the SHARE button features. These broadcasts will be also provided with a higher resolution of 720p, so PS4 fans can enjoy live broadcasts with clearer images. We’ll have more to come on these updates and more in the coming weeks.

Courtesy: Playstation Blog (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/19/upcoming-ps4-update-to-add-share-enhancements-and-hdcp-off/#sf2229152)

gschwendt
03-19-2014, 10:23 AM
Now is a good time for anyone that was waiting on HDMI capture to order the Elgato (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00840353W/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00840353W&linkCode=as2&tag=thegamtai-20).

CLW
03-19-2014, 06:43 PM
Now is a good time for anyone that was waiting on HDMI capture to order the Elgato (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00840353W/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00840353W&linkCode=as2&tag=thegamtai-20).

Elgato is really nice I have one myself. Time to find it now as its probably sitting in my closet somewhere.

CLW
03-19-2014, 06:47 PM
Sony Underestimated Demand for PS4 CameraThe peripheral has sold 900,000 units to date.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/19/sony-underestimated-demand-for-ps4-camera

I OU a Beatn
03-19-2014, 07:26 PM
And over half of them were flipped for $50 profit on eBay. :D

JBHuskers
03-19-2014, 08:38 PM
Zero demand for me. :D

jaymo76
03-19-2014, 08:52 PM
Honestly I like the PS4 camera. It's too bad that there weren't more games that you could get with it. I also like the streaming potential it offers re: living broadcasts. The wife picked it up for me a Christmas and the kids absolutely love the little robots game.

gschwendt
03-20-2014, 08:17 AM
Preloading games coming to PS4 in April... doesn't really help me with Infamous dropping tomorrow but still good to see it coming. Hopefully this time they can prevent people from breaking into the files early like they did on GTA V.

JBHuskers
03-20-2014, 11:12 PM
Confirmed that an upcoming firmware update will allow you to turn off the light bar on the controller.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU.

SmoothPancakes
03-20-2014, 11:51 PM
Any deals coming up for the PS4? Particularly involving bundles and MLB: The Show? I should have a somewhat decent tax return this year (going based off last year's return and similar take home pay and other conditions), so if they have a PS4/Show bundle, I'm strongly tempted to pick one in May when the Show releases on PS4.

I OU a Beatn
03-21-2014, 12:45 AM
Any deals coming up for the PS4? Particularly involving bundles and MLB: The Show? I should have a somewhat decent tax return this year (going based off last year's return and similar take home pay and other conditions), so if they have a PS4/Show bundle, I'm strongly tempted to pick one in May when the Show releases on PS4.

They're still supply strained, so I highly doubt a bundle is coming anytime soon. If it would, it would probably only save you around $10 (I'm guessing it would be $450, you're not going to see any price cut with a bundle because they're just barely making any money on each console). Being that it's still supply strained, my advice is buy one the second you get the chance if you want one by May.

Honestly, even though there's jack shit out right now, $400 is a little investment to ensure you'll be able to play whatever game you want on either of the next gen system. I bought 2 and while I don't use them very much, I'm still very happy with my decision.

SmoothPancakes
03-21-2014, 01:30 AM
They're still supply strained, so I highly doubt a bundle is coming anytime soon. If it would, it would probably only save you around $10 (I'm guessing it would be $450, you're not going to see any price cut with a bundle because they're just barely making any money on each console). Being that it's still supply strained, my advice is buy one the second you get the chance if you want one by May.

Honestly, even though there's jack shit out right now, $400 is a little investment to ensure you'll be able to play whatever game you want on either of the next gen system. I bought 2 and while I don't use them very much, I'm still very happy with my decision.

Damn. Alright. I was hoping there'd be a bundle just to make life a little easier in regards to getting both the system and game in one, but not a problem I guess. Not sure exactly when I'll be able to get it. I still need to get my taxes completed and sent in, which depending on how long the IRS takes, I could see the money pop up in my bank account anywhere from late April to early May if I get the taxes mailed in by next week.

And agreed. I was planning on buying a PS4 since it was first announced. It was just a matter of if I'd be able to afford getting both the PS4 and Xbox One at the same time, or if I'd have to stagger the purchases over a period of time. So even though there aren't that many games out for the PS4 yet (at least in regards to games that I haven't already purchased for the One), I know for a fact I'm going to buy it sooner or later, there's no doubt about that.

May as well get it in the next month or two and take full advantage of a full year release cycle of MLB: The Show instead of buying a PS4 next winter or something and either having to wait on next year's Show or buy this year's and get only a couple months out of it. Plus there are a couple other PS4 exclusives coming out in the future that I may be interested in. And while it would be a waste of money for some, depending on the cost and what's available, the PS Streaming think could be interesting in that I could fire up some of the PS3 games I was interested in (but not quite enough to go out and buy a whole system for).

I OU a Beatn
03-21-2014, 02:51 AM
While I've been bitching about The Show for awhile now, if you haven't played the last 4 or 5 versions, you're in for a treat. I'm sure you've probably seen the images for the PS4 version already, but some of them are truly jaw dropping.

Plus, if you like open world games, inFAMOUS Second Son comes out tomorrow and while the other 2 games had flaws, they were both fun and great time killers.

Hell, if you do your taxes online (there's tons of places to do them for free) with direct deposit, it takes less than 10 days most of the time. PS4 by the end of March? Sounds good to me. I know a bunch of stores are getting fresh stock in late next week or next weekend, so that's perfect timing! The only bad thing, if it's like it is around here (a small area nonetheless), they'll all be gone within a couple of days. I've never seen something sell out so consistently fast almost 6 months after launch. Truly unbelievable.

SmoothPancakes
03-21-2014, 03:20 AM
While I've been bitching about The Show for awhile now, if you haven't played the last 4 or 5 versions, you're in for a treat. I'm sure you've probably seen the images for the PS4 version already, but some of them are truly jaw dropping.

Plus, if you like open world games, inFAMOUS Second Son comes out tomorrow and while the other 2 games had flaws, they were both fun and great time killers.

Hell, if you do your taxes online (there's tons of places to do them for free) with direct deposit, it takes less than 10 days most of the time. PS4 by the end of March? Sounds good to me. I know a bunch of stores are getting fresh stock in late next week or next weekend, so that's perfect timing! The only bad thing, if it's like it is around here (a small area nonetheless), they'll all be gone within a couple of days. I've never seen something sell out so consistently fast almost 6 months after launch. Truly unbelievable.

Well, I'll definitely be in a for a treat then, because I've never actually played any version of The Show. The only MLB games I've ever played was the old MVP series on PS2 and then MLB 2K on 360. So it would be my first foray into The Show series. And based on the pictures I saw posted in The Show thread, fucking amazing.

As for the taxes, unfortunately it's the old paper version. My dad has done accounting stuff for years (works for ADP right now as head of a team that goes around from client to client, so he's usually jetting around the country every week from Sunday or Monday to Friday or Saturday) and has handled all of the tax stuff in the family (my taxes, my sister's taxes, his/my mom's taxes, etc) for as long as I can remember. He's damn good at finding every deduction he can and getting the maximum return possible.

It works, but he insists on doing it all via paper instead of online, which means by the time it gets mailed in, gets reviewed, etc., and the money is sent via direct deposit, it's a couple week wait for the money to show up. I think last year he didn't get around to do taxes until the last weekend before the 15th and I didn't see the money until the second week of May or so. He's already done the taxes for him and my mom, did them this past weekend, so I'm hoping he'll be able to sit down and get my taxes knocked out this weekend and then I could possibly see the money by mid or late April.

As for availability, I actually should be good. I just pulled up Gamestop, the 8 closest stores to me by miles, 5 (including the store right here in town) show PS4 in stock, the other three show it in stock but with low stock. And I remember them having a good supply of PS4s in the store when I went in and picked up Titanfall last week. Walmart.com also shows PS4s in stock at the store in my town as well. So I should be good there when I eventually get around to buying a PS4. There doesn't seem to be too big a rush on the PS4 here in town, and it'll be at least a month before I actually get a chance to buy one, by which time any rush will have (or at least should have) declined even more by then.

gschwendt
03-21-2014, 07:38 AM
Love the fact that you don't have to download the entire game in order to play a digital title. I only had to download ~6GB of the 22GB Infamous: Second Son before I could start playing.

CLW
03-21-2014, 07:52 AM
PS4 Demand to Outstrip Supply Until the SummerAndrew House admits the company is "struggling" to keep up with demand.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/20/ps4-demand-to-outstrip-supply-until-the-summer

I OU a Beatn
03-21-2014, 07:59 AM
Quit shipping so many to Japan. That place is dead console wise. I can't believe Microsoft actually intends to ship there later this year. I really don't see the point.

CLW
03-22-2014, 12:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEo0tt5wHqs

jaymo76
03-22-2014, 12:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEo0tt5wHqs

1. Backwards compatibility!!!!!!!!!
2. Totally agree with FOLDER AVAILABILITY rather than the long linear list...

I OU a Beatn
03-22-2014, 02:06 PM
The suspend/instant resume feature they touted before launch would be nice. Navigation is going to be pretty awful once you start accumulating a bunch of installed games. Folders/Sort options are a must.

CLW
03-24-2014, 02:58 PM
Infamous: Second Son Causes UK PS4 Sales to DoubleAs it enters the chart in pole position.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/24/infamous-second-son-causes-uk-ps4-sales-to-double

I OU a Beatn
03-24-2014, 03:24 PM
And it still only sold about half of what Titanfall did on a console with a smaller install base. Hey, Sony, take the hint: DEVELOP SOME FUCKING ONLINE SHOOTERS THAT DON'T SUCK.

CLW
03-24-2014, 04:28 PM
And it still only sold about half of what Titanfall did on a console with a smaller install base. Hey, Sony, take the hint: DEVELOP SOME FUCKING ONLINE SHOOTERS THAT DON'T SUCK.

Sony don't listen to this XBox troll. Keep on doin' what your doin. We don't want the "bros" on the superior console. :nod:

I OU a Beatn
03-24-2014, 04:35 PM
Sony don't listen to this XBox troll. Keep on doin' what your doin. We don't want the "bros" on the superior console. :nod:

The Xbox troll who has 2 PS4s? I love your logic. :D

cdj
03-26-2014, 07:31 PM
The Last of Us will be coming to PS4. (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/27/the-last-of-us-is-coming-to-playstation-4?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social)

I OU a Beatn
03-26-2014, 07:38 PM
It was a matter of when, not if. Hopefully Grand Theft Auto 5 does the same.

jaymo76
03-27-2014, 01:45 AM
It was a matter of when, not if. Hopefully Grand Theft Auto 5 does the same.

:+1: That's what I have been hoping for as well.

CLW
03-27-2014, 06:26 AM
The Last of Us will be coming to PS4. (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/27/the-last-of-us-is-coming-to-playstation-4?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social)

I'll probably buy this bad boy again and trade in my PS3 version.

CLW
03-28-2014, 08:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jz3fWbGdK8&amp;feature=youtu.be

I OU a Beatn
04-09-2014, 03:35 AM
Someone at Sony fucked up:

http://i.imgur.com/Dmr1cnC.png

I will absolutely be double dipping. I can't wait to see what it looks like.

CLW
04-09-2014, 06:41 AM
Someone at Sony fucked up:

http://i.imgur.com/Dmr1cnC.png

I will absolutely be double dipping. I can't wait to see what it looks like.

Yeah even if its just a straight port with graphical improvements with all of the DLC (Tomb Raider) I'll probably buy it and play through it again as well.

JBHuskers
04-09-2014, 09:30 AM
I never bought the DLC, and assume it will be included here, so I'm definitely in.

CLW
04-09-2014, 04:13 PM
Game developer says it’s ‘physically impossible’ for Xbox One to match PS4 performance
https://games.yahoo.com/news/game-developer-says-physically-impossible-xbox-one-match-171357062.html

I OU a Beatn
04-09-2014, 04:15 PM
Common sense says it's physically impossible for Xbox One to match PS4 performance.

CLW
04-09-2014, 08:53 PM
Common sense says it's physically impossible for Xbox One to match PS4 performance.

Sony fanboy shut up with that nonsense. EVERYONE knows xbone b better yo.

I OU a Beatn
04-09-2014, 09:10 PM
Xbox One is better in certain areas. Hardware performance is not and will never be one of them.

I OU a Beatn
04-16-2014, 05:09 PM
Hi guys! I’ve got a quick update to share with you. Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc. just announced that PS4 has cumulatively sold through more than 7.0 million units globally as of April 6th, 2014. PS4 software sales are another bright spot, with more than 20.5 million copies sold at retail and PlayStation Store worldwide as of April 13th, 2014.

On behalf of the entire global team at PlayStation, I want to thank you for your unprecedented support and for making PS4 your next-generation console of choice. We couldn’t have done this without you! And please keep the feedback coming: we are listening.

On that note, we’ll have some great new details to share with you regarding our upcoming PS4 system software update very soon. Stay tuned!

Very impressive.

CLW
04-16-2014, 05:32 PM
Very impressive.

http://media0.giphy.com/media/GCLlQnV7wzKLu/giphy.gif

cdj
04-16-2014, 07:50 PM
I've seen a few armchair analysts speculate that Sony released the impressive 7M number today with NPD numbers coming soon (tomorrow?) and the possibility the XB1 outsold the PS4 last month.

I OU a Beatn
04-16-2014, 10:06 PM
I'd say it's almost a guarantee that Xbox One outsold the PS4 in America in March. Titanfall + numerous price drops + massive advertising effort should result in an easy win. If they didn't win by at least 50,000 units sold, they should consider dropping the price ASAP, IMO.

On another note, the fabled firmware update that was announced last month (and still doesn't have a release date) has had rumors pop up that we'll finally be able to change our usernames without having to create an entirely new account. Hopefully that turns out to be true. We've been able to change our Xbox usernames since 2007, no reason why Sony can't offer the same. Hell, charge a fee for it for all I care, but we at least should have the option.

Hopefully suspend/resume makes it in there as well, but I'm not holding my breath.

I OU a Beatn
04-16-2014, 11:34 PM
The PS Blog read my mind:

As we mentioned last month during GDC, we’ll be releasing a major system software update for PS4 that will add some exciting new features that many of you have been asking for. Today, I’m pleased to announce a few of those features from PS4 system software update (v1.70) will be available soon, including features that were incorporated as a result of your great feedback. This will be a significant update, and today we’re excited to bring you a sneak peek of just a few things you can look forward to.

Introducing: SHAREfactory
The 1.70 update will enable SHAREfactory, our new rich video editor app for PS4 that makes it easy for you to customize your gameplay videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxsdLYIYsH8

With SHAREfactory, you can now easily combine your captured video clips for editing, personalize them with special effects using filters, transitions, and themes, as well as share them with your friends and social networks. SHAREfactory also allows you to personalize your videos by adding text, stickers, and a set of included audio tracks, as well as video commentary with picture-in-picture capability with PlayStation Camera. It also allows you to import your original music to add to the custom soundtrack for your video.

Take Your Share Anywhere
Once you’re done with your masterpiece, you can easily share your SHAREfactory videos to Facebook, or export them to an external USB storage device to upload them elsewhere, another new feature coming as part of the 1.70 system software update. Other PS4 SHARE enhancements include the ability to change the recording time of your gameplay to shorter increments, the ability to change who you share your clips with on the SHARE screen, and the removal of default saves for screenshots and video clips. In addition to these SHARE enhancements, the 1.70 update will allow you switch off HDCP, enabling you to capture video directly from your HDMI output so you can record and share longer clips of your gameplay sessions — a feature I know many of you have been waiting for. We are excited to see what the PlayStation Nation does with these new social features, and cannot wait to get them into your hands!

Play as Soon as the Game is Released
Providing you with immediate access to your games is a priority designed into PS4, and something we will always strive to make better. We’ve had a great response from PS4 fans about the Play as You Download feature, the snappy load times when launching and playing games, and the general speed and responsiveness of the UI. The 1.70 update adds features to build on this idea and make it faster to play the games you pre-order with an auto pre-download capability, which allows you to pre-download your select pre-ordered game up to several days prior to release. If you have the auto-download feature enabled, it will automatically pre-download your pre-ordered game so you can play as soon as the game is unlocked on release day.

As I mentioned earlier, some of these features were a direct result of the great feedback we’ve been getting from you, our dedicated gamer community. We enjoy listening to your comments, and encourage you to continue sharing your thoughts with us. And this is just the beginning. We’ve got a lot more coming in PS4 system software update v1.70 and beyond. The PS4 experience will constantly evolve, and new innovative ideas can come from anywhere to ensure the platform continues to deliver the best in gaming and entertainment every time you turn it on.

We’ll have more information to share about new upcoming features for this major system software update as the release approaches, so stay tuned!

Still no date. :D

Nevertheless, pre-loading is a very nice addition. Hopefully it's for every game.

I OU a Beatn
04-17-2014, 01:16 AM
http://i.imgur.com/NufqNR2.png
http://i.imgur.com/yvioAzM.png
http://i.imgur.com/3GLWhRs.png

I OU a Beatn
04-17-2014, 03:32 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlaGJeZCUAAdcE-.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlaGSmJCMAAWnfP.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlaGtSMCEAAHrB8.png

cdj
04-17-2014, 06:19 AM
That SHARE feature looks pretty cool, but I am just glad we can export highlights to USB now.

I would guess the update will be out within the next week with this amount of details being shared, but I could be wrong though.

thatBuckeye
04-17-2014, 11:12 AM
That SHARE feature looks pretty cool, but I am just glad we can export highlights to USB now.

I would guess the update will be out within the next week with this amount of details being shared, but I could be wrong though.

Yeah I'm tired of uploading to FB them pulling back down to my laptop.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

CLW
04-17-2014, 05:44 PM
PS4 tops XB1 again in March.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/29700000/Pipe-Bomb-cm-punk-29763174-500-225.gif

I OU a Beatn
04-17-2014, 05:51 PM
3 different posts in 2 separate threads about the same thing. :D

I have 2 points, one on topic, and the other off topic.

Off topic: here's the thread on NeoGAF where this info was announced(where I believe CLW has learned to behave and think it's okay to act like an imbecile):

Link (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=803922)

You really only have to read the first page to truly be freaked out that there's apparently a TON of people like CLW out there, but if you can stomach to read the stupidity long enough, it keeps producing the same high quality content. Here's the real gem, though:

It's over, period. Microsoft lost their last ace, and that's the end of their Xbox One hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for Xbox One. Microsoft has nothing left, nothing they can reveal tomorrow would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest in a Xbox One. Except if they want to play Titanfall. Which will also come to PS4 at some point.

Sony took the last reason away that anyone would NEED to own a Xbox One over a PS4 (except TV SPORTS KINECT LOL GAMING), and the cavalcade of tiny titles that will be nice but won't stir up any sales is not going to salvage the bloated, overdesigned behemoth that was Xbox One.

There may be some hardcore gamer's that stick around. Some did it for Gamecube. But the last bell tolled. Maybe next decade.

The age of Microsoft is done.

No shit, honest to goodness completely serious post from someone.

On topic: time for the old $400 Xbox One, I believe. Seems they got outsold by about 60k in March even with TF and all the price cuts, which is definitely not good.

CLW
04-17-2014, 05:55 PM
IOU you crack me up man and continue to allow me to run up the score in our war. Just wave the white flag and admit you lost this one back in June. Just man up and admit defeat. :nod:

JBHuskers
04-17-2014, 05:58 PM
Figured my XBOX One purchase alone would drive them to the top of the charts :D

CLW
04-17-2014, 06:00 PM

Why are you buying a console hardware that is about to become as infamous as the dreamcast? :nod:

I OU a Beatn
04-17-2014, 06:02 PM
Why do I crack you up? My post was completely serious. I made sure that it had absolutely no joking tone in it. Nobody over here is obsessed with the console wars like you are and I know several of us spoke up about you infesting these threads with that garbage. I like to think of this place as a place where we can have intelligent conversations, which is why I've stuck with these guys so long (whether it be Utopia or when they setup TGT).

There's truly no reason why you can't post the numbers or other content without all the other junk.

You're not some teenager. You're an adult with what I assume is a very successful career. It's a little sad that you're this involved with console wars, but like I said, that's fine if you are. I provided you a link to a place that welcomes that crap. I'm very confident I speak for the vast majority of the board here when I say no one cares and no one wants to read that crap.

I OU a Beatn
04-17-2014, 06:04 PM

You'll have to buy a Wii U next. :nod:

CLW
04-17-2014, 06:09 PM
Why do I crack you up? My post was completely serious. I made sure that it had absolutely no joking tone in it. Nobody over here is obsessed with the console wars like you are and I know several of us spoke up about you infesting these threads with that garbage. I like to think of this place as a place where we can have intelligent conversations, which is why I've stuck with these guys so long (whether it be Utopia or when they setup TGT).

There's truly no reason why you can't post the numbers or other content without all the other junk.

You're not some teenager. You're an adult with what I assume is a very successful career. It's a little sad that you're this involved with console wars, but like I said, that's fine if you are. I provided you a link to a place that welcomes that crap. I'm very confident I speak for the vast majority of the board here when I say no one cares and no one wants to read that crap.

B/c you continue to pretend like you didn't argue back last June that XB1 was going to win the console war against PS4 in America. They clearly aren't after losing a month when their big exclusive "console seller" they spent a TON of cash on (Titanfall) couldn't even put them over the top.

Just admit you were wrong or continue to act like this every month when PS4 continues to be in the sales lead:

http://i.minus.com/ibmVuCkRVaCESj.gif

Either way I'll continue to have fun. :nod:

JBHuskers
04-17-2014, 06:10 PM
You'll have to buy a Wii U next. :nod:

I don't think my living room can handle a 5th system :D

CLW
04-17-2014, 06:12 PM
I don't think my living room can handle a 5th system :D

Jesus where do you guys get all that $. You all must be MEGA 1%ers. :smh:

I OU a Beatn
04-17-2014, 06:14 PM
B/c you continue to pretend like you didn't argue back last June that XB1 was going to win the console war against PS4 in America. They clearly aren't after losing a month when their big exclusive "console seller" they spent a TON of cash on (Titanfall) couldn't even put them over the top.

Just admit you were wrong or continue to act like this every month when PS4 continues to be in the sales lead:

I did say the Xbox One was going to win America and I've never said or pretended otherwise. You do realize we're only 6 months into this generation of consoles and have bare minimum 5 years left in it, right?

Also, might want to read up on why Titanfall is exclusive. It's not for the reason you think.

CLW
04-17-2014, 06:21 PM
I did say the Xbox One was going to win America and I've never said or pretended otherwise. You do realize we're only 6 months into this generation of consoles and have bare minimum 5 years left in it, right?

Also, might want to read up on why Titanfall is exclusive. It's not for the reason you think.

Well it's either b/c: (1) MS through them a TON of $ (a potentially smart business decision); (2) They wanted to "stick it" to Sony for the no DRM (an absolutely moronic business decision); (3) they thought XB1 would dominate PS4 (a dumb business decision).

Perhaps I give EA too much credit and thinking they are at least shrewd business people. In any event, XB1 has now lost their ace in the hole is still $100 more and is a clearly inferior specwise console. There is absolutely ZERO reason to think XB1 is going to start outsell PS4 on its own merit. I suppose they could start selling XB1s for $199 or something but barring something truly HUGE MS is going to be in a hole at the close of the 1st year and those type of holes are very hard to dig out of (see PS3).

CLW
04-17-2014, 06:26 PM
http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1319/13196847/2374320-6275214182-ioHRq.gif

I OU a Beatn
04-17-2014, 06:35 PM
No, it's none of those. Respawn approached Sony about developing on the PS4. Sony wasn't willing to work with them on it, and instead offered to help develop a Vita version. Respawn didn't want that, so they went to Microsoft. Microsoft actually agree to help fund the game for timed exclusivity. It wasn't until later that EA shopped around full exclusivity for the title. If Microsoft doesn't help fund the game, it never gets made. It was NOT a moneyhat exclusive as everyone makes it out to be.

This all came out in "The Final Hours of Titanfall," which released yesterday. Great read whether you're interested in the game or not, by the way.

It's hardly their ace in the hole, either. Come on. I don't know if it even sold a million copies in the US yet. Halo is Microsoft's ace in the hole, as is Gears of War. The fact the Xbox One is selling as well as it is without any mention of a iteration of those games is shocking.

$199? :D They sell it at $399 and it probably starts winning North America. When you're talking JUST America, the PS4 really isn't outselling the Xbox One by all that much. It's the rest of the world where Sony is gaining the massive discrepancy.

Why are you giving an example of the PS3 when you say it's hard to be behind after the first year when Sony ended up outselling Microsoft last generation world wide?

CLW
04-17-2014, 06:46 PM
Interesting point. MS press release using sold to retailers #s for their 5M and if I'm not mistaken Sony used sold to consumers for their 7M #. Could the lead really be that big already world wide?

I OU a Beatn
04-17-2014, 06:57 PM
Well the last time Microsoft updated numbers, they mentioned 4 million shipped to retailers and it was discovered about 3.2 million of those were actually sold to customers. So if they've shipped 5 million worldwide, I think it's reasonable to believe that they've sold somewhere around 4.2 million consoles, making the lead for Sony around 7 million to 4.2 million, which is a pretty significant gap for 6 months into a console generation.

Microsoft is holding their ground in America, but getting destroyed everywhere else. Price cut of $100 or worldwide equivalent and compelling exclusive titles is the only thing that's going to save them, IMO. You can't keep selling a weaker console at a $100 premium, especially when your competitor has been selling like crazy. Price needs to come down ASAP.

EDIT: Absolutely should NOT be taken as evidence, but VG Chartz has the Xbox One listed at 4.2 million and the PS4 at 6.9 million as of April 5th.

CLW
04-17-2014, 06:58 PM
Well the last time Microsoft updated numbers, they mentioned 4 million shipped to retailers and it was discovered about 3.2 million of those were actually sold to customers. So if they've shipped 5 million worldwide, I think it's reasonable to believe that they've sold somewhere around 4.2 million consoles, making the lead for Sony around 7 million to 4.2 million, which is a pretty significant gap for 6 months into a console generation.

Microsoft is holding their ground in America, but getting destroyed everywhere else. Price cut of $100 or worldwide equivalent and compelling exclusive titles is the only thing that's going to save them, IMO. You can't keep selling a weaker console at a $100 premium, especially when your competitor has been selling like crazy. Price needs to come down ASAP.

http://cdn.arwrath.com/2/213142.gif

CLW
04-18-2014, 03:20 PM
PlayStation 4 is Winning the War. What's Next?Sony is trouncing its competition. But the battle's just begun.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/18/playstation-4-is-winning-the-war-whats-next

CLW
04-19-2014, 07:46 AM
If This Keeps Up, Xbox One Has A Big PS4 Problem
http://blogs-images.forbes.com/markrogowsky/files/2014/04/Screenshot-2014-04-18-05.55.09.png

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markrogowsky/2014/04/18/if-this-keeps-up-microsoft-has-a-sony-problem/?partner=yahootix

JBHuskers
04-21-2014, 03:46 PM
Push Square: Believe It or Not, PS4 Has Way More Games Than You Think It Does (http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014/04/believe_it_or_not_ps4_has_way_more_games_than_you_ think_it_does)

CLW
04-21-2014, 05:06 PM
Sony Trademarks Two PlayStation Games: Entwined and Kill StrainIs PlayStation 4 about to get two new series?
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/21/sony-trademarks-two-playstation-games-entwined-and-kill-strain

I OU a Beatn
04-21-2014, 05:31 PM
Push Square: Believe It or Not, PS4 Has Way More Games Than You Think It Does (http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014/04/believe_it_or_not_ps4_has_way_more_games_than_you_ think_it_does)

It does. Problem is that I don't care about 99% of them. :D

Destiny seriously can not get here soon enough.

bdoughty
04-21-2014, 05:42 PM

But Backgammon Blitz! System seller! I think PC gamers get a chuckle every time they see that list.

I am less concerned about Indie titles and more concerned about what is happening at Naughty Dog. I need Uncharted 4 when I get my PS4.

I OU a Beatn
04-21-2014, 06:02 PM
But Backgammon Blitz! System seller! I think PC gamers get a chuckle every time they see that list.

I am less concerned about Indie titles and more concerned about what is happening at Naughty Dog. I need Uncharted 4 when I get my PS4.

All the trouble they seem to be having recently and you might be waiting a good while for that to come out. Something definitely happened at Naughty Dog. I hope the quality doesn't drop - one of my favorite developers.

JBHuskers
04-21-2014, 06:32 PM

Destiny seriously can not get here soon enough.

Are you doing Destiny for PS4?

I OU a Beatn
04-21-2014, 08:07 PM
Are you doing Destiny for PS4?

It depends. The PS4 version is almost guaranteed to look and run better. The only thing that could get me to go Xbox One is if that version had dedicated servers because of Microsoft and the PS4 version didn't. I highly doubt that's the case, so right now, PS4 for sure.

I OU a Beatn
04-25-2014, 03:35 AM
Firmware 1.70 coming on 4/30. About time.

CLW
04-25-2014, 06:26 AM
Firmware 1.70 coming on 4/30. About time.

Time to find and dust off the old El Gato