View Full Version : Powerhouse OD - General Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12

nykia31
08-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Scouting is like crack.

I'm all done filling my needs, then Im like "ooohh...I want this guy too."

gschwendt
08-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Agreed... I even went so far as to tote along a 6'7 1-star QB for the majority of the season just because I thought he looked interesting. In the end, I never even scouted him but held onto him with the idea that I might eventually give him a look.

nykia31
08-23-2012, 01:19 PM
Looks like recruiting to fit with play style is the real deal.

I notice that this season, I have attracted a lot of hybrid LB/DE prospects.

OLBs with good passrush move ratings, but can also play in space.

In NCAA 12, I couldnt find these kind of players worth a damn. I had to convert athletic DE's.

texacotea
08-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Scouting is like crack.

I'm all done filling my needs, then Im like "ooohh...I want this guy too."

Yes and the best part on my end is that I only had 2 needs to fill so that made it a free for all

psuexv
08-23-2012, 01:43 PM
Yes and the best part on my end is that I only had 2 needs to fill so that made it a free for all

Yep, my only need is 1 CB.

ryby6969
08-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Yeah, I had to cut multiple guys and some of them were really tough. Had to cut some seniors because of the young guys.

JeffHCross
08-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Soooooooo....Who oversigned, and had to shatter the dreams of their lowest rated recruits? <raises hand> :D

Guilty, I blame scouting :)

Guilty, I blame USC
Guilty, I blame my freshman DT deciding starting wasnt' good enough and going to UConn instead. I ended up signing four 2-star DL just to see if one of them would be a super DT. Ended up inadvertently getting another pipeline state out of it though :D

Side note, the game telling you "Florida: 31" on the Player Cut screen is awesome. Saved me from costing myself two pipeline states.

nykia31
08-24-2012, 02:09 PM
Geez Commish! Thanks for the schedule! Why not just put a NFL team as my week 4 opponent, after I get through this nice, 3 game ringer. :)

ryby6969
08-24-2012, 02:12 PM
Video Please. Thank you. :P

nykia31
08-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Video Please. Thank you. :P

Almost done, should be up in a hour or so. :popcorn:

JeffHCross
08-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Geez Commish! Thanks for the schedule! Why not just put a NFL team as my week 4 opponent, after I get through this nice, 3 game ringer. :)Ours are about equal :smh:

Escobar
08-24-2012, 09:00 PM
Check my middle of the season...4 user games in a row.

Papa LoneStar
08-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Check my middle of the season...4 user games in a row.

I had it pretty tough last year....I believe week 9-14....I had all 5 user games....along with a rivalry game vs Ole Miss

Oneback
08-24-2012, 09:16 PM
Geez Commish! Thanks for the schedule! Why not just put a NFL team as my week 4 opponent, after I get through this nice, 3 game ringer. :)

If only I had control over the conference games.

nykia31
08-25-2012, 01:19 AM
BCS Championship Game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1e1p1DWZQg&list=UUiuWochyL2PIWbO7xlWI4fQ&index=1&feature=plcp

JeffHCross
08-25-2012, 11:09 AM
For anyone who hasn't seen it: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?5534-Shotgun-HB-Counter&p=156412&viewfull=1#post156412

As long as we're only "SLOW" game speed, Shotgun HB Counter plays may not work, depending on your playbook. :smh:

who ever is in charge of QA at EA Sports needs to be guillotined

Must be the same glitch as the counter on slow. The game must be reading their knee touching the ground and stopping the play.

I noticed that KIA ran a Counter in his game against Bama, so that reminded me to follow up on this (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?5534-Shotgun-HB-Counter&p=160982&viewfull=1#post160982). While the "Slow" game speed is a contributing factor, the playbook is not the culprit, as was previously thought. Instead, it was the rosters of those teams (who happened to have different playbooks as a coincidence).

"In short: 5'8 or shorter: BAD. 5'9 or taller: GOOD. (Note that when I edited a player that was being blown dead to 5'9, he suddenly worked, and a player that had been working did not at 5'7).

These results were repeatable across playbook styles, including Multiple and Air Raid."

nykia31
08-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Vomiting as I review the ND-Texas game tape :sick:

JeffHCross
08-27-2012, 05:51 PM
So, this isn't exactly how I envisioned this going down ... but I'm retiring from the OD, effective tonight.

The short summary is that I'm in the middle of moving out of my apt, and the OD simply takes up too much time that I can't afford to spend while I move out. Plus, after I move, there's currently no guarantee that I'll be in a place with stable Internet (or my TV, for that matter). So I might be forced to retire next week anyway. While I considered going autopilot, it's not fair for me to hold onto a spot that someone else could fill and get to play with all of you.

If there's an open spot once my situation stabilizes, I'll be back in a heartbeat.

ryby6969
08-27-2012, 05:54 PM
So, this isn't exactly how I envisioned this going down ... but I'm retiring from the OD, effective tonight.

The short summary is that I'm in the middle of moving out of my apt, and the OD simply takes up too much time that I can't afford to spend while I move out. Plus, after I move, there's currently no guarantee that I'll be in a place with stable Internet (or my TV, for that matter). So I might be forced to retire next week anyway. While I considered going autopilot, it's not fair for me to hold onto a spot that someone else could fill and get to play with all of you.

If there's an open spot once my situation stabilizes, I'll be back in a heartbeat.

As I told you this afternoon Jeff, hate to see you go man. Hopefully you can get everything sorted out quick so you can come back soon.

nykia31
08-27-2012, 05:58 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :( Be back ASAP!

texacotea
08-27-2012, 06:35 PM

That sucked man. Hope u get it worked out

Oneback
08-27-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm not going to be actively looking to replace Jeff at this point as I want to slow play it and see if he'll make his way back into the fold. That being said, if y'all know of anyone that would fit start planting the seed.

JeffHCross
08-27-2012, 08:21 PM
I'll be sure to let you know how things progress, OB.

Oneback
08-27-2012, 10:04 PM
I'll be sure to let you know how things progress, OB.

I know, now hurry back!

razorback44
08-27-2012, 10:06 PM
I noticed that KIA ran a Counter in his game against Bama, so that reminded me to follow up on this (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?5534-Shotgun-HB-Counter&p=160982&viewfull=1#post160982). While the "Slow" game speed is a contributing factor, the playbook is not the culprit, as was previously thought. Instead, it was the rosters of those teams (who happened to have different playbooks as a coincidence).

"In short: 5'8 or shorter: BAD. 5'9 or taller: GOOD. (Note that when I edited a player that was being blown dead to 5'9, he suddenly worked, and a player that had been working did not at 5'7).

These results were repeatable across playbook styles, including Multiple and Air Raid."

How in the world does a glitch like that even happen? That's one of the strangest NCAA glitches I've ever heard of in all my years.

JeffHCross
08-27-2012, 10:14 PM
How in the world does a glitch like that even happen? That's one of the strangest NCAA glitches I've ever heard of in all my years.My current theory is that the lower height causes the players to register as down when they make their cut on the counter. If you watch the SG counter plays, the knee dips ridiculously close to the ground, even with taller players.

ryby6969
08-29-2012, 07:37 PM
I was talking to snoop last week and and I think it would be cool to have a Powerhouse AIM chat or something along those lines for like recruiting and just BS'ing.

Papa LoneStar
08-29-2012, 07:40 PM
That sounds good....haven't signed on into AIM in a good minute.

Kingpin32
08-29-2012, 07:47 PM
I was talking to snoop last week and and I think it would be cool to have a Powerhouse AIM chat or something along those lines for like recruiting and just BS'ing.
Or a GroupMe!

psuexv
08-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Could also to a Google Hangout, think you can have up to 9 people or something like that

psuexv
08-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Or a GroupMe!

This sounds dirty :)

Kingpin32
08-29-2012, 07:50 PM
This sounds dirty :)
lmaooo

JeffHCross
08-29-2012, 08:25 PM
I was talking to snoop last week and and I think it would be cool to have a Powerhouse AIM chat or something along those lines for like recruiting and just BS'ing.Are there really enough of us on at one time to make this worthwhile? I did enjoy our PSN chats, but except when we were doing the offseason, it's not like many of us were on with tiem to just bullshit. Seems like just adding to this thread (where we don't have to be on at the same time to have a conversation) would work better.

ryby6969
08-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Well, I know I text my ass off with Papa and Snoop almost on a daily basis, especially when I am supposed to be working! :D Reason why I mentioned it is it is just quicker than posting in the forum all the time or texting in our case. Besides, you left so why are you worried? :P

psuexv
08-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Ahhh I thought you were looking for something like hen we did the offseason stuff or just on any given night.

I know it used to be awesome when the chat within the dynasty used to work. One dynasty I used to run we'd sit in there every night almost and chat.

ryby6969
08-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Ahhh I thought you were looking for something like hen we did the offseason stuff or just on any given night.

I know it used to be awesome when the chat within the dynasty used to work. One dynasty I used to run we'd sit in there every night almost and chat.

Yeah, it could be used for anything honestly. I know the Madden OF I am in with Kia we have one and people are always on it. Just much easier to chat about random stuff in there rather then trying to always post in the forums. I know I am always down to chat about recruiting and whatnot. It was really just a suggestion, no big deal really. I am already on AIM, so if people are interested just hit me up. Username is ryby6969 just like on here.

psuexv
08-30-2012, 10:16 AM
LOL, I didn't even know AIM was still around

Kingpin32
09-03-2012, 09:19 PM
I feel as though I should get the Most Improved User award. :nod:

JeffHCross
09-03-2012, 10:24 PM
So, good news: I have successfully moved out. It took waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy more effort than I imagined, way more time, way more ... everything.

Bad news: For the foreseeable future, I will either be hotel-hopping, or just staying at a 'value' weekly hotel in the area. The value hotel has a CRT television, no wireless, and has a login/password for the internet. So, I don't immediately think it's likely that I'll even be bringing my PS3 here, let alone trying to rejoin.

But I'll keep you guys in the loop. I may go stir crazy without my PS3 :D

gschwendt
09-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Login won't be a problem... You can sign in through the web browser then you're in the clear. In case you didn't know.

JeffHCross
09-04-2012, 10:09 PM
I wasn't sure, G, and I didn't really want to bring my PS3 all the way just to try. So thanks for the info. Right now I'm still up in the air on whether or not I'll be staying here much longer ... that'll impact whether or not I choose to bring my PS3.

Kingpin32
09-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Well scratch my Most Improved User award.

nykia31
09-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Notre Dame Vs Texas.

Ive been slackin!!

http://youtu.be/gfjXosfhTHs

JeffHCross
09-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Bad news: For the foreseeable future, I will either be hotel-hopping, or just staying at a 'value' weekly hotel in the area. The value hotel has a CRT television, no wireless, and has a login/password for the internet. So, I don't immediately think it's likely that I'll even be bringing my PS3 here, let alone trying to rejoin.http://www.speedtest.net/result/2169162216.png

:fp:

gschwendt
09-09-2012, 03:42 PM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2169162216.png

:fp:

That's better than Eric's :D

Papa LoneStar
09-09-2012, 09:26 PM
I would connect just to play cpu games and recruit....mess around and be a 4 star program next season.

psuexv
09-09-2012, 09:48 PM
That's better than Eric's :D

Mines not that bad.

gschwendt
09-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Does anyone else have a bitch of a time trying to get a running game going? I can't get anything going in a basic running game... the only time I can produce much is using a Read and 90% of the time the read is to keep it so it's my QB picking up yards. But my HB, Fitz Toussaint has 254 yards on 70 carries for a 3.6 average and his longest carry is 13 yards. It seems to me that the CPU defense too quickly reacts to a run and then when they get there, they almost always make the first tackle.

Not sure if it's because the CPU looks at my team's depth chart and knows Toussaint is going to get a lot of carries or what the case is but regardless, I don't believe I should be having this difficult of a time.

Oneback
09-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Does anyone else have a bitch of a time trying to get a running game going? I can't get anything going in a basic running game... the only time I can produce much is using a Read and 90% of the time the read is to keep it so it's my QB picking up yards. But my HB, Fitz Toussaint has 254 yards on 70 carries for a 3.6 average and his longest carry is 13 yards. It seems to me that the CPU defense too quickly reacts to a run and then when they get there, they almost always make the first tackle.

Not sure if it's because the CPU looks at my team's depth chart and knows Toussaint is going to get a lot of carries or what the case is but regardless, I don't believe I should be having this difficult of a time.

This has always been my gripe with the SG running game, its very boom or bust, you're never going to see a bunch of 3, 4, 5 drive sustaining running plays. It's either a 10+ yard gain or a 3 yard loss. The SG offset formations are better but the lack of anything else sustainable in those formations means you can't run an entire offense out of them so the defense starts to key on the dive/read. Just like you I've been able to get yards with Ash when he keeps the ball, but there is zero consistency when my HB's are carrying the rock - ask Escobar, he may have some ideas as he's been playing around with this offense for awhile now.

psuexv
09-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Maybe it's because I run out of the Singleback primarily but yeah I don't really feel that I can't get a running game going. I do only average 3.6 with my starter and 4.4 with my back up but can say I haven't felt like I couldn't get a running game going or have been discouraged with it.

gschwendt
09-10-2012, 02:54 PM
This has always been my gripe with the SG running game, its very boom or bust, you're never going to see a bunch of 3, 4, 5 drive sustaining running plays. It's either a 10+ yard gain or a 3 yard loss. The SG offset formations are better but the lack of anything else sustainable in those formations means you can't run an entire offense out of them so the defense starts to key on the dive/read. Just like you I've been able to get yards with Ash when he keeps the ball, but there is zero consistency when my HB's are carrying the rock - ask Escobar, he may have some ideas as he's been playing around with this offense for awhile now.
Yeah, I've known that about the SG run game so this season I've added a fair amount of under center stuff and even that doesn't get me anywhere. Toussaint had 32 carries for 79 yards against Michigan State and most of that was from under center formations, single back formations.

psuexv
09-10-2012, 02:57 PM
Yeah, I've known that about the SG run game so this season I've added a fair amount of under center stuff and even that doesn't get me anywhere. Toussaint had 32 carries for 79 yards against Michigan State and most of that was from under center formations, single back formations.

LOL, I was just looking at my stats and MSU actually shut me down running too. 17 for 46 yards.

Other CPU games
23 for 113
21 for 86
35 for 105

gschwendt
09-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Here's my RB stats for this season:

Opponent
Car
Yds
Avg

Ole Miss

Notre Dame

Akron

USC

Oregon St.

Michigan St.

Total

For ND & Akron, Toussaint was out.

Escobar
09-10-2012, 03:42 PM
You just have to stick with the running game. If you run it right and vary your playcalling, you will have a variety of backs with carries and stats. If you look at teams stats in real life there isn't just a main back with the majority of the carries in spread SG running system. It relies on keeping the defense spread out and tired and taking advantage of your athletes/speed advantage.
Going back to where I started my offense, look at WVU stats with Pat White, Steve Slaton, and Noel Devine (or other RB they had). The majority of the games slaton would have 15 carries, White around 15 carries, and the other RB about 10. Same thing with Oregon, the carries would be split between LaMichael James, Kenjon Barner, and last year De'Anthony Thomas. You will rarely see one sole RB carry the ball 25-30 times a game consistently.
Sometimes it will be a slow start until the defense wears out in the 2nd half. I noticed that in my games this year, they play out like Oregon's 2 seasons before. Slow starts then in the 2nd half my offense takes off. I didn't change anything the plays just seem to work better, may be defensive fatigue. But if you don't have any big plays you will struggle. This offense kind of relies on big plays. You can sustain drives with mid yardage runs, but unless you have the big plays your RB won't get his yards. It will be hard to run a spread running game with a RB with less than 90 SPD or ACC unless you are a power dive type of team. 90 is actually low for this type of offense. You will have to work to get consistent yards with a RB that slow. The majority of the games I have played even when my run game has struggled, my RB's and QB's average around 5 YPC.
Variety is also your friend. All of the plays look the same, but only you know what play you are running. I can run 5-7 plays from one formation and all of them have the same look the first 2-3 steps until the play develops...you have to keep the defense off balance.

Escobar
09-10-2012, 03:44 PM
Look at Shotgun 4WR Trio for example. HB Off Tackle, Read Option, QB Wrap, and PA QB Read all look exactly the same to the defense.

Escobar
09-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Don't know how to make a table so I attached my rushing stats for the year. This is considered a bad year rushing for me. Check out 321BCS to look at my TCU team's rushing stats. That's how my offense looks once I get it setup to my liking.

Kingpin32
09-11-2012, 02:06 PM
I'm gonna have to set myself to Auto-pilot for the time being. Our internet is off at home and we don't really have a time table for when it will return. I'll be able to recruit though from the hotspot at Starbucks.

ryby6969
09-11-2012, 04:54 PM
This could possibly be my last season.

psuexv
09-11-2012, 08:21 PM

Lol you lose one game :smh:

Oneback
09-11-2012, 08:29 PM

Why is that?

psusnoop
09-12-2012, 01:35 AM

If your worried that your losing users to play against over there I'll figure out how to switch up teams or maybe Oneback can just move Oregon and Oregon State over.

ryby6969
09-12-2012, 03:39 AM
It has nothing to do with losing a game. I never expected to not lose in this dynasty. If that was the case, you guys would not let me back in! :D I just do not enjoy playing the cpu right now. I play the game to relax with the very limited time I have, and it is hard to relax when I find myself yelling at the TV because my guys cannot block or tackle. It feels more and more each week like the ratings are not mattering. This last game just finally got me to the breaking point.

I do not expect OB to change setting just for one person, so instead of me bitching and complaining each week it would be best just to drop. I love playing with this group of guys but like I said, if it is not enjoyable anymore and more frustrating than fun, why play? It felt like I was going against the Giants D-line and the 49er's LB's when I played Tenn as nearly every play someone was coming free while my guys were getting stoned at the line. If I brought less then 6 guys on a blitz, he had at least 5 seconds to throw the ball.

I will make a decision here soon so you can find a replacement if need. Sorry for the issues guys, my frustrations are just finally outweighing the enjoyment.

Oneback
09-12-2012, 07:32 AM
It has nothing to do with losing a game. I never expected to not lose in this dynasty. If that was the case, you guys would not let me back in! :D I just do not enjoy playing the cpu right now. I play the game to relax with the very limited time I have, and it is hard to relax when I find myself yelling at the TV because my guys cannot block or tackle. It feels more and more each week like the ratings are not mattering. This last game just finally got me to the breaking point.

I do not expect OB to change setting just for one person, so instead of me bitching and complaining each week it would be best just to drop. I love playing with this group of guys but like I said, if it is not enjoyable anymore and more frustrating than fun, why play? It felt like I was going against the Giants D-line and the 49er's LB's when I played Tenn as nearly every play someone was coming free while my guys were getting stoned at the line. If I brought less then 6 guys on a blitz, he had at least 5 seconds to throw the ball.

I will make a decision here soon so you can find a replacement if need. Sorry for the issues guys, my frustrations are just finally outweighing the enjoyment.

I'm still making slight tweaks to the sliders weekly based on the stats I'm seeing from our games, input from everyone/anyone is welcome as well. We'll get to the point where its balanced/I'm hoping to be there some point soon.

gschwendt
09-12-2012, 12:49 PM
I think the two slider tweaks I would like to see is player speed differential (can't remember the exact name) and CPU run defense. Right now the differential is 60 and I end up getting run down by players that have 5-7 points speed lower. Speed should be more important than it current is.

That and with the run defense at 70, the CPU just instantly jumps anything that is a run. I understand trying to make the CPU competitive but when it's twice as easy to complete short passes as it is for a running team to pick up yards, you limit the playcalling quite a bit.

texacotea
09-12-2012, 01:19 PM
I think the two slider tweaks I would like to see is player speed differential (can't remember the exact name) and CPU run defense. Right now the differential is 60 and I end up getting run down by players that have 5-7 points speed lower. Speed should be more important than it current is.

That and with the run defense at 70, the CPU just instantly jumps anything that is a run. I understand trying to make the CPU competitive but when it's twice as easy to complete short passes as it is for a running team to pick up yards, you limit the playcalling quite a bit.

Agree with the run comment as it seems that you cant get a good push from the oline to run from the gun and when running the read it seems as if the QB keep is always the read. I know this has all been said in a earlier thread but I feel the same.

ryby6969
09-12-2012, 01:46 PM
I found out after my game last night that I have forced just 1 fumble all season, and that was against kingpin on a sack by my corner. I have to set "big hit" and "strip" to conservative and it still does not work as I get tackles broken constantly and I get zero fumbles also. I am to the point know I just despise playing defense and that has always been my favorite part of actually playing the game. I feel like it does not matter who I recruit, because they play like crap regardless of their ratings.

I know you have been working on it OB, and I really do not like complaining about it so that is why I posted what I did. To G's point, I almost feel I would be better going to the Air Raid on offense with how bad the running game has gotten. Hopefully we can find a good balance.

psusnoop
09-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Agree with the run comment as it seems that you cant get a good push from the oline to run from the gun and when running the read it seems as if the QB keep is always the read. I know this has all been said in a earlier thread but I feel the same.

I've felt the same way guys about the running game. Just little tweaks to the CPU run defense would go a long way.

Also agree with Tommy and the speed. Like to be able to pull away from that lineman a little more then I'm currently able to but I will add these two things have really made the CPU competitive :)

Oneback
09-12-2012, 02:49 PM
I found out after my game last night that I have forced just 1 fumble all season, and that was against kingpin on a sack by my corner. I have to set "big hit" and "strip" to conservative and it still does not work as I get tackles broken constantly and I get zero fumbles also. I am to the point know I just despise playing defense and that has always been my favorite part of actually playing the game. I feel like it does not matter who I recruit, because they play like crap regardless of their ratings.

I know you have been working on it OB, and I really do not like complaining about it so that is why I posted what I did. To G's point, I almost feel I would be better going to the Air Raid on offense with how bad the running game has gotten. Hopefully we can find a good balance.

It's not complaining if you're giving constructive feedback on how you are seeing the game being played. I've only been making minor tweaks every so often as I don't want to make it completely unbalanced the other way so I've only been making 5 point changes. If you're seeing something let it be known and if others feel the same I'll make the appropriate changes. Everyone here has a hand in how we do things and if you're not having fun in one aspect of the game its time to look at making bigger changes to the way the game is playing out.

psusnoop
09-12-2012, 02:56 PM
It's not complaining if you're giving constructive feedback on how you are seeing the game being played. I've only been making minor tweaks every so often as I don't want to make it completely unbalanced the other way so I've only been making 5 point changes. If you're seeing something let it be known and if others feel the same I'll make the appropriate changes. Everyone here has a hand in how we do things and if you're not having fun in one aspect of the game its time to look at making bigger changes to the way the game is playing out.

:+1: :clap:

ryby6969
09-12-2012, 03:44 PM

But I had been the only one posting anything(Eric made a few comments about it) so I thought I was the only one having problems! :D

psuexv
09-12-2012, 03:55 PM
But I had been the only one posting anything(Eric made a few comments about it) so I thought I was the only one having problems! :D

Yeah I haven't really noticed the QB accuracy as much this year, that was my biggest complaint.

I was actually telling Snoop last night how last year when I played OB I was in LA and Barkley was off on a number of throws. This year the game was in Texas and I have SO QB and nothing really seemed out of the norm. Yeah he missed some throws but I can live with that. It was when Barkley a 99 OVR with a high 90s accuracy was missing guys by like 5 yards.

ryby6969
09-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Yeah I haven't really noticed the QB accuracy as much this year, that was my biggest complaint.

I was actually telling Snoop last night how last year when I played OB I was in LA and Barkley was off on a number of throws. This year the game was in Texas and I have SO QB and nothing really seemed out of the norm. Yeah he missed some throws but I can live with that. It was when Barkley a 99 OVR with a high 90s accuracy was missing guys by like 5 yards.

The only issues I have had on offense is the blocking. My pulling Lineman and fullbacks just will not set the edge and it is starting to get under my skin. In pass protection the cpu D-line will do a swim or a rip and blow through no matter how many they rush. In my game last night, Tenn's O-line and FB were consistently setting the edge and getting around the corner no matter what I did on defense. I was in amazement at how well they were blocking on their running plays. I was actually kind of jealous. Defense is a whole different story though! :D

gschwendt
09-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Yeah... my main issues are CPU run defense, HUM tackling, and speed threshold.

psusnoop
09-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Yeah... my main issues are CPU run defense, HUM tackling, and speed threshold.

These are mine too

JeffHCross
09-13-2012, 08:24 PM
I will agree with G that the CPU defense pounces on the run, though I don't know if that's anything we can do anything about. That's just how Read & React seems to be working this year. Sigh.

I would connect just to play cpu games and recruit....mess around and be a 4 star program next season.I thought about it. Got a lot of other stuff going on though, so not sure I even want to do that. Definitely considering it though (however, the last two days I mysteriously didn't have Internet, so maybe not even that is reliable)

Maybe it's because I run out of the Singleback primarily but yeah I don't really feel that I can't get a running game going.Singleback >>>>>>>>>>> any other formation, for getting a running game. That's been true since NCAA 11 at least. Ace is so much better than SG or even I-Form running on this game.

Kingpin32
09-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Does anyone know if when you place a team on autopilot do they still run the same offense? I was using a custom playbook, but I was hoping in the CPU games they would still run the Air Raid or at least their default playbook which is still a simular style.

gschwendt
09-14-2012, 03:33 PM
Does anyone know if when you place a team on autopilot do they still run the same offense? I was using a custom playbook, but I was hoping in the CPU games they would still run the Air Raid or at least their default playbook which is still a simular style.Not certain but I think they should use the generic playbook for the type of playbook you created. If you based it off of an Air Raid, then it should be Air Raid. However, if you started with Georgia Tech and then put in Air Raid formations, it would base it off of Option.

fsuprime
09-14-2012, 06:19 PM
did jeff bow out with FSU?

psuexv
09-14-2012, 06:55 PM

Yep

psusnoop
09-14-2012, 07:26 PM

There is an opening :nod:

Escobar
09-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Does anyone know if when you place a team on autopilot do they still run the same offense? I was using a custom playbook, but I was hoping in the CPU games they would still run the Air Raid or at least their default playbook which is still a simular style.

They ran the air raid, but started off running the ball quite a bit until the 2nd quarter. Then it was all out pass

JeffHCross
09-17-2012, 10:06 PM
did jeff bow out with FSU?Yep. Had to move out of my apt and there's no way I could keep going right now.

Escobar
09-19-2012, 03:10 AM
I'm going to show a restart. I tried to play my game before I went to sleep and it locked up at the loading screen.

Also has anyone had an issue where both players are getting dc'd during the game. I'm trying to play my friend in my OD for the BCS Championship. It's year 2 and the title game is at the Rose Bowl. It's happened 10 times. Each time in the 1st quarter sometimes within the first two drives. The game starts to move choppy then all of a sudden it says connection to opponent has been lost. But it does this for each person. We are both still connected to the EA Servers and PSN. We have tried w/ and w/o custom playbooks and uniform changes. Happened 8 times last night and twice tonight.

gschwendt
09-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Hairy Dawg is taking over the vacancy and will be taking the reigns of Georgia. Hairy Dawg (Jeff) has been in SBCOL for longer than I can remember and is always a great competitor, plays games quickly, and easy to work with in UvU scheduling.

psusnoop
09-19-2012, 12:01 PM
Hairy Dawg is taking over the vacancy and will be taking the reigns of Georgia. Hairy Dawg (Jeff) has been in SBCOL for longer than I can remember and is always a great competitor, plays games quickly, and easy to work with in UvU scheduling.

HairyDog, Welcome to Powerhouse!! Your going to be a great addition to the league that is for without doubt!

nykia31
09-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Dont think I have abandoned providing video entertainment!

Im waaaay behind, but will get caught up :)

Oneback
09-19-2012, 02:09 PM
Welcome to Powerhouse Hairy Dawg, glad to have you aboard.

JeffHCross
09-19-2012, 07:13 PM
Hairy Dawg (Jeff)Never knew that .... lol

nykia31
09-23-2012, 12:27 PM
ND-Ohio State

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmNj1dV37jM

texacotea
09-23-2012, 02:35 PM
and makes me sick to see it again

JeffHCross
09-23-2012, 04:04 PM
So, it looks like the changes I tried to make before quitting the dynasty didn't take effect (namely putting Trickett at QB, changing the HB and changing the playbook). So I'm guessing that what I should have done was make the changes, let the week roll over to the next week, and then quit. I'm guessing that, since I quit, the dynasty discarded any changes for the week, and reverted back to the beginning of the week status for FSU. Would make sense if you had a game result and then quit, but in this case it's a little bothersome.

Just posting this in case anyone else leaves the group at some point.

nykia31
09-30-2012, 07:41 PM
ND-MEEECHIGAN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIxKg1Bjw5Q&list=UUiuWochyL2PIWbO7xlWI4fQ&index=1&feature=plcp

psuexv
10-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Are we allowed to line a TE up as the fullback like many teams do now? I'm not sure if it's a package substitution is why I ask. If we are allowed or it is a package substitution, are we allowed to motion them out of the backfield into a route?

gschwendt
10-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Are we allowed to line a TE up as the fullback like many teams do now? I'm not sure if it's a package substitution is why I ask. If we are allowed or it is a package substitution, are we allowed to motion them out of the backfield into a route?I wouldn't have a problem if you were putting one back there to block but if you're going to motion him out and throw to him somewhat often then I would want to get more specifics.

texacotea
10-02-2012, 01:44 PM
I forgot to redshirt my guys. :fp:

psuexv
10-02-2012, 01:46 PM
I wouldn't have a problem if you were putting one back there to block but if you're going to motion him out and throw to him somewhat often then I would want to get more specifics.

Yes that is what I was wondering, about throwing to him. We are seeing more and more of it in real football and I have some decent depth at TE I wanted to see how I can get them on the field. Obviously I know we can't completely duplicate real life because of limitations with AI but wanted to ask.

I'm back and forth with it honestly. To me it's not really a mismatch since LBs are typically covering TEs anyway and that's who usually covers the FB. But, a lot of people will disregard the fullback as well.

psuexv
10-02-2012, 01:47 PM
I forgot to redshirt my guys. :fp:

Probably for the better since we all lost a bunch that we redshirted last year.

Oneback
10-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Yes that is what I was wondering, about throwing to him. We are seeing more and more of it in real football and I have some decent depth at TE I wanted to see how I can get them on the field. Obviously I know we can't completely duplicate real life because of limitations with AI but wanted to ask.

I'm back and forth with it honestly. To me it's not really a mismatch since LBs are typically covering TEs anyway and that's who usually covers the FB. But, a lot of people will disregard the fullback as well.

I recruit the 6'1'' 220 lb TE's to play FB, so no I wouldn't have a problem with it. A TE in the backfield is a staple of the one back offense.

Oneback
10-02-2012, 01:52 PM

I recruit the 6'1'' 220 lb TE's to play FB, so no I wouldn't have a problem with it. A TE in the backfield is a staple of the one back offense.

psusnoop
10-02-2012, 03:04 PM
I recruited 2 FB's, one for blocking and the other with slightly worse blocking and better Recieving skills. When I took over Oregon they had a great H-Back that I didn't use as well as I could have.

No issues with me on you using a TE and getting him involved.

Kingpin32
10-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Due to unforseen circumstances, I'm gonna have to drop out for the time being.

JeffHCross
10-02-2012, 09:00 PM
I recruit the 6'1'' 220 lb TE's to play FBI recruited ~three in year 1 :D Ended up moving one of my HBs there because he was too slow to play HB.

gschwendt
10-03-2012, 10:35 PM
An issue occurred during mine & psuexv's game tonight and I thought I'd throw it out to everyone to discuss. I talked it over with Oneback and he agreed it might be good to hear everyone weigh-in.

To set it up... you'll notice at the start that as my defense comes out, they're not properly aligned. I always turn on Base Align as soon as the offense breaks the huddle. I then check the offense's alignment and then determine whether to keep Base Align on or off. In this particular case, you'll see that I turn it off only to see my SS2 run all the way across the field (dumb for him to have the farthest WR). However, before he can get there, the ball is snapped and he's way out of position allowing the easy bomb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIlXpnhbEsc

Obviously the blame falls on EA completely due to their alignment issues but I also wanted to get everyone's take on allowing the defense to get set. I'm not asking for a long time or anything but due to the disastrous alignment issues, at least let him get set over the offensive player he's covering.

I'd love to hear everyone else's opinions on the matter.

Oneback
10-03-2012, 11:18 PM
I'd have to agree with G on this one. If it weren't for the horrible job of alignment programming this wouldn't be an issue however we've got to deal with the card that's dealt - I'm open to not snapping the ball unless all defenders are set or just waiting 5 seconds from the time you line up to snap the ball. Now obviously in two-minute come from behind situations this would be out the window, the defense at that point should know you're 100% pass and should call their defense accordingly (nickle, dime, quarter, etc don't have as many alignment issues). But in normal game situations we should make it fair for both sides, heck the offense already has a huge advantage in this game.

psusnoop
10-04-2012, 07:50 AM
Knowing how poor the alignment is in certain formations if I've seen a player coming across the formation then I'll wait to snap the ball. If I see that a team is caught with their pants down and they are calling an audible and the whole team is moving around then I feel that that isn't an alignment issue that is a play calling issue from the user.

And to be fair, once I'm set on offense I don't just wait for a team to make 3-5 hot routes on defense. I'll read the defense and then run my play more times then not.

psuexv
10-04-2012, 10:02 AM
I completely agree with you Tommy and since I've played you in multiple multiple games I know you always are moving players around and we can go back and review the tapes since you do record anything and I always let you set. Even when I was running the hurry up before the end of the 1st half.

In this particular situation I can honestly say that I had no intention of snapping the ball before that guy was ready. I saw you're guys move over there when I pulled out on my coach cam and didn't notice the guy running out underneath. My plan was to go the TE on the left of the formation and was more focused on what was going on over there and where you were moving your MLB. On the snap you can see that my TE is jumped immediately and when I looked right Lee was running down the field so I threw it. That's why when you called me BUSH LEAGUE my immediate response to you was WHY? and when you responded with didn't even let him set that is why I paused because I had no idea what you were talking about.

Things happen, you won the game move on. I can see if this was a common occurrence but it happened one time in the countless games that we've played.

You don't hear me bitching about the shady way that you punt and that happens all the time. Or the fact that to try and defend it I tried to go with a 3 deep man so I had some chance at fielding a punt only to call for a fair catch, have the ball land right in front of my guy hit his leg and have you recover inside the 20.

gschwendt
10-04-2012, 10:16 AM
I didn't start this thread to start an argument. I honestly didn't know if you did it on purpose or what... but for all I knew it there was intent there since the guy clearly had to run all the way across the field, through the middle of the field. That's the only way I could read it.

As far as my punting, NO ONE has ever called me out on it... I've waited and waited but no one has ever said one thing about it. In fact, those that I've asked have just essentially said that there is no problem with it. Added, there are more ways to defend it this year and people have started using that. Like you tried, snoop successfully went to a 3 Deep to spread the coverage. The problem is that you wanted to manually recover it and when you did you manually took a step backwards allowing the ball to hit your feet. Added... that was an extremely basic punt, punted right at the middle of the field knowing that if you did catch it, you wouldn't have any blocking setup.

Another option would be to go basic punt return and then manually move your return guy over to where the ball is headed, then switching off so that the CPU recovers it.

If everyone has a problem with my punting, I'll gladly stop. Like I said, no one has ever said one cross word about it so I just kept doing it.

psuexv
10-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Well from text last night and this thread I definitely took it as a personal attack on me. And obviously I took complete offense to it since it was a one time occurrence after we've played in quite a number of games together.

As far as the punting whatever... to me it's cheesy since no person in real life would ever punt that way. Yes I understand that this is ultimately a problem with EA and the game since punting is terrible and you can't down anything.

gschwendt
10-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Well from text last night and this thread I definitely took it as a personal attack on me. And obviously I took complete offense to it since it was a one time occurrence after we've played in quite a number of games together. I'll admit, I was mad when I sent that text in the moment. As I said, it was the only way I knew to take it from everything I was seeing on my end.

As far as the punting whatever... to me it's cheesy since no person in real life would ever punt that way. Yes I understand that this is ultimately a problem with EA and the game since punting is terrible and you can't down anything.I disagree that "no person in real life would ever punt that way"... just look at rugby style punting. That's where I developed the original intent from close to 7 years ago... to try to mimic rugby style punting. From there it's just evolved over time based on changes EA makes.

But there are lots of guys in real life, rugby style or other wise, that do directional kicks to try to force the return guys hand. If he's going to catch it, it's going to be on the punter's terms. A perfect example is Memphis' punter... he was phenomenal and was a big reason why they stayed in the game against Arkansas State.

Again though, if everyone agrees, I'll be more than happy to stop.

gschwendt
10-04-2012, 12:23 PM
E & I talked and we're all good. No worries between us.

That said, if anyone does have any kind of a problem with my punting, I am all ears. There are ways to defend it and some have had legitimate success against it (I believe ryby is one) but you do have to prepare for it.

psusnoop
10-04-2012, 12:30 PM

That said, if anyone does have any kind of a problem with my punting, I am all ears. There are ways to defend it and some have had legitimate success against it (I believe ryby is one) but you do have to prepare for it.

I've kind of figured out some things to do, based on who I have returning kicks. If it's Thomas I'll try and cut the angle and switch off of him but if I have someone else back deep I'll either play a Quarters Man 3 deep and fair catch the ball but I also know that I'll be susceptible to fakes on 4th and 8 or less so I need to be unpredictable with the special teams calling which as many know plays right into something I want anyways. I want other users to have to guess or be forced into making a questionable play choice as much as the next user.

Having defended it like I have, I still wish they had the 2 returners back for a punt this year. Not sure why that was removed when some NCAA teams still deploy this punt coverage.

Papa LoneStar
10-04-2012, 12:48 PM
I've never had a problem with G's punting. When Justin Tucker (current Ravens kicker) was a freshman at Texas....he did the rugby style punts....I figured that's what G attempting to do.

psuexv
10-04-2012, 01:01 PM

:up:

Oneback
10-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Yeah when g came to me about the issue it was never an attack on Eric, he even put the blame squarely on EA's shoulders due to the alignment issues. But I wanted to present it to everyone so we could collectively come up with a solution that would work for all of us instead of just dictating here's the problem, this is what we have to do. I've always run this OD as a collaborative effort as in the end its basically a time waster for all of us, so we better make sure everyone is on the same page and having fun.

Escobar
10-04-2012, 06:25 PM
I have no problem with what USC did and I'm on his side. As a 4-2-5 user I say that play was your fault because you called base align before you saw the formation which is what caused your problem. There was no way he would have known that the guy moving was supposed to cover the wide receiver.

As far as the punting, it irritates me but I don't play you that often...

nykia31
10-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Honestly, Ive never noticed lol.

Anyhoo...A happy league is a good league :nod:

JeffHCross
10-06-2012, 02:27 PM
G's punting never bothered me because I never could force him to punt :D :( :fp:

nykia31
10-06-2012, 10:26 PM
ND-Oregon from yr 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syybdx2NKhk&lc=yJ7lI-D0CXk5oiLPY4Nfq_kN6lJLEbmnHpJtq9s2P30&feature=inbox

nykia31
10-07-2012, 01:39 PM
For whatever reason, Im absolutely incapable of playing defense all of a sudden.

Time to study the ole depth chart, bench dudes who are wigging out...and get back to basics...BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

razorback44
10-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Random question but I thought I would post it here instead of starting a thread for it on the main board.

When using custom playbooks, can you not set the audibles for each formation specifically?

I've been using a custom playbook for the last two years but I'm not a big audible guy so I've never paid it much attention and have usually been satisfied with what the cpu provided. However, I am trying to condense my book and created a new one yesterday with less plays. The audibles in this one are massively screwed up though. Some formations trying to audible just flips the formation while others work but have different run plays as the audibles than the other book.

Any tips on how to correct this?

TIA!

gschwendt
10-09-2012, 03:16 PM
No. You can't change your formation audibles. It's better this year than last, but still an issue. Unfortunately until they let us manually change our formation audibles, it will continue to be an issue.

psuexv
10-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Are we allowed to line a TE up as the fullback like many teams do now? I'm not sure if it's a package substitution is why I ask. If we are allowed or it is a package substitution, are we allowed to motion them out of the backfield into a route?

I wouldn't have a problem if you were putting one back there to block but if you're going to motion him out and throw to him somewhat often then I would want to get more specifics.

Just a follow up on this. I haven't played with it too much but in the I formation I did notice their is a package substitution for TE in the Backfield.

razorback44
10-09-2012, 03:23 PM
No. You can't change your formation audibles. It's better this year than last, but still an issue. Unfortunately until they let us manually change our formation audibles, it will continue to be an issue.

Hmm well that sucks. I guess I will need to dig back in to it and find the problem. I can get used to the different plays but it's the flipping of the formation without changing plays that is the biggest issue.

Thanks for the info!

razorback44
10-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Just a follow up on this. I haven't played with it too much but in the I formation I did notice their is a package substitution for TE in the Backfield.

I use this package substitution with the H I-Form sets that I have in my playbook.

I still can't figure out why they make special H-Back formations but then leave the FB in as the player at that spot. Completely defeats the purpose imo.

gschwendt
10-09-2012, 03:31 PM
My issue wasn't so much with putting a TE (I use it myself in SBCOL) in the I-Form but rather you mentioned you planned to motion him out & throw to him. I don't know that it would be an issue but also never know considering issues in the past.

Again, not saying I have an issue with the idea at all, I would just caution using it too often, especially if you see that it's too easy to complete that pass.

souljahbill
10-09-2012, 04:09 PM
I recruit extra TEs to fill my FB slots. I don't recruit FBs.

ryby6969
10-10-2012, 04:50 PM
What criteria does the game use when determining whether on not to switch off in man? Playing the 34 one of the LB's will always switch his assignment to the guy I am covering(MLB) causing someone to be WIDE open. It is really starting to piss me off and also starting to make the 34 tough to use.

gschwendt
10-10-2012, 05:06 PM
What criteria does the game use when determining whether on not to switch off in man? Playing the 34 one of the LB's will always switch his assignment to the guy I am covering(MLB) causing someone to be WIDE open. It is really starting to piss me off and also starting to make the 34 tough to use.
Oneback will be disappointed but I can't remember the term but it's a legit defensive style. Essentially, you and your fellow LB will have combo coverage on the two receivers... depending on where the receivers release determines your coverage. Say for example you are the MLB and the LOLB has man. You're assigned to the HB and he's assigned to the TE. If the TE releases underneath towards you (the MLB) and the HB releases to the flats towards the OLB, then you would pick up the TE and the OLB would take the HB. Essentially whomever is in better position to coverage a receiver would take them.

The unfortunate thing is that the game does not relay this information to you at all pre-snap. In diagramming defensive plays, Oneback shows me that essentially as a player you should have a dotted line to both the HB & TE (and so would the LOLB) to tell you that you have the combo coverage. As well, teams will do this with outside receiver coverage with a safety over the top & the CB. Depending on the receiver's release will determine which player will cover. He's also encouraged EA to do more of this but so far they haven't done anything with the outside players. That said, before they do, they need to make sure that there's an indicator of such.

Again, I can't remember the term for the life of me but I know Oneback will know it.

ryby6969
10-10-2012, 05:13 PM
I know it is a legit defensive adjustment, it is just frustrating because like you said there is no communication. It is bad in the 34 and 43 over/under. In the game vs Razor, it happened to me on multiple occasions and it was crazy. I would be assigned to the HB and the LOLB to the TE and the OLB leaves the TE wide open over the middle while going to the HB when I was almost there already.

gschwendt
10-10-2012, 05:21 PM
I know it is a legit defensive adjustment, it is just frustrating because like you said there is no communication. It is bad in the 34 and 43 over/under. In the game vs Razor, it happened to me on multiple occasions and it was crazy. I would be assigned to the HB and the LOLB to the TE and the OLB leaves the TE wide open over the middle while going to the HB when I was almost there already.
Yeah... that's a small part of the reason why I rarely use MLB anymore. That said, you just have to be ready to read it... it's essentially on anytime two linebackers are near each other and their receivers could go either way. I learned the hard way just to not control either of those players in a situation like that... that or control the LOLB and just make sure you first read his flat and who's headed that way of the two receivers.

ryby6969
10-10-2012, 05:24 PM
All I use is the MLB though. :D Going to have to figure something out because it was really pissing me off.

JeffHCross
10-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Just follow my strategy: Use the DL and don't touch the controller :D

gschwendt
10-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Banjo coverage is what it's called. That was going to bug me all night.

ryby6969
10-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Banjo coverage is what it's called. That was going to bug me all night.

:D

razorback44
10-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Yeah I saw that happen on that last drive I had when I hit the TE for that big gain. I was wondering what happened there because there is no reason that guy should have been that wide open.

JeffHCross
10-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Just so people know, I am not coming back (at least not likely soon). The reason you saw me hop onto the OD tonight is because I was talking to OB and realized that I could hop on and check Florida State's playbook and other settings that I thought I had changed last season before I retired.

Turns out that the playbook was what I set it to, along with the coach philosophies. It looks like the other thing that didn't take when I changed it before retiring was the depth chart changes. But the CPU, of course, re-did the depth chart this season so they were exactly where I thought they'd be. Turned out I downloaded the patch, joined the OD, etc, etc for nothing :D

ryby6969
10-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Yeah I saw that happen on that last drive I had when I hit the TE for that big gain. I was wondering what happened there because there is no reason that guy should have been that wide open.

It happened a few times including the TD to the TE over the middle on the hook route. I need to redo my playbook on offense because my team is much different then the team I have had the past two seasons. I am actually thinking of benching Ely because honestly he sucks. :D GG man. I am still frustrated by my guys refusing to catch the ball on defense.

razorback44
10-10-2012, 07:57 PM
It happened a few times including the TD to the TE over the middle on the hook route. I need to redo my playbook on offense because my team is much different then the team I have had the past two seasons. I am actually thinking of benching Ely because honestly he sucks. :D GG man. I am still frustrated by my guys refusing to catch the ball on defense.

Oh yeah I remember that one now too. Yeah that would be extremely annoying.

I wouldn't blame you for being pissed. I got really lucky they had stone hands because I hit some of your guys right in the numbers. Those would have been game changers for sure.

ryby6969
10-10-2012, 08:01 PM
What really upset me was the fact that it was my seniors who were dropping it. The one that really pissed me off was when my LOLB dropped the pick in the endzone and the very next play you scored. Ohh well, I knew this was a rebuilding season with how many underclassmen I have on the roster.

Papa LoneStar
10-10-2012, 08:58 PM
Just so people know, I am not coming back (at least not likely soon).

:(

nykia31
10-10-2012, 09:07 PM

Game makes you have to guess...I assume im going to switch to a TE and take my chances that if someone else goes with him, i can recover to ther HB.

Rather give up a route out of the backfield then leave a TE wide open

nykia31
10-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Just so people know, I am not coming back (at least not likely soon). The reason you saw me hop onto the OD tonight is because I was talking to OB and realized that I could hop on and check Florida State's playbook and other settings that I thought I had changed last season before I retired.

Turns out that the playbook was what I set it to, along with the coach philosophies. It looks like the other thing that didn't take when I changed it before retiring was the depth chart changes. But the CPU, of course, re-did the depth chart this season so they were exactly where I thought they'd be. Turned out I downloaded the patch, joined the OD, etc, etc for nothing :D

BOOOO

psusnoop
10-11-2012, 06:40 AM
Just so people know, I am not coming back (at least not likely soon).

http://sanityinterrupteddotcom.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/chicken-shit2.jpg

psusnoop
10-15-2012, 08:10 AM
I want this guy in Powerhouse for me QB :nod:

While he has terrible Throw Accuracy I'd be willing to work through some of those issues :)

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt52/psusnoop/rsz_unknown_player_zps1bff1970.png

This is an ATH that I'm recruiting in a different OD.

Oneback
10-15-2012, 03:01 PM
That Accuracy isn't terrible - RS him one year and you may be looking at 82 accuracy which is serviceable with those other attributes.

Papa LoneStar
10-15-2012, 03:50 PM
I almost fainted....thought this was our OD with him being from Louisiana....lol *wipes forehead*

psusnoop
10-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Lol, no this is in TGT but yeah I'm pretty excited at the chance at landing him. He would be huge for my Arizona State Sun Devils.

Papa LoneStar
10-15-2012, 06:03 PM
Definitely a program-changer

psusnoop
10-15-2012, 07:16 PM
Definitely a program-changer

Yeah, I've been throwing the kitchen sink at him! I really want to see how he ends up as a Senior (ON MY TEAM) lolol

Oneback
10-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Just so everyone is aware I'll be posting up new league guideline probably tomorrow for everyone to look over, comment on and vote to put in place.

nykia31
10-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Had to junk my CPU and get a new one..lost some good video footage from this season :fp:

Dont want to risk backing up and transfering potentially damaged/corrupted files, either :(

psuexv
10-23-2012, 08:33 PM
Had to junk my CPU and get a new one..lost some good video footage from this season :fp:

Dont want to risk backing up and transfering potentially damaged/corrupted files, either :(

Boo! I really wanted to watch the Battle for the Jeweled Shillelagh from lady year

ryby6969
10-24-2012, 04:16 PM
I am hoping my offense woes will be helped in a few seasons by this guy:
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac286/ryby6969/Brandon-14.png

Guess what state he is from Papa? :P

Oneback
10-24-2012, 06:09 PM
Not a bad get.

psusnoop
10-24-2012, 07:04 PM
Not bad at all, I'd like to see speed up some

ryby6969
10-24-2012, 07:18 PM
Not bad at all, I'd like to see speed up some

70ish is fine with me with accuracy like that. It will be 95+ in a few seasons and 70 speed is plenty to get out of trouble and scramble when needed. Also good enough to sneak a read option in every once in awhile. I killed it with McCarron and he had basically the same stats.

JeffHCross
10-24-2012, 08:22 PM
lady year:confused: :dunno:

psusnoop
10-24-2012, 08:25 PM
70ish is fine with me with accuracy like that. It will be 95+ in a few seasons and 70 speed is plenty to get out of trouble and scramble when needed. Also good enough to sneak a read option in every once in awhile. I killed it with McCarron and he had basically the same stats.

Good point :)

ryby6969
10-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Someone get ready to put Papa and OB on suicide watch!

Edit: I think Kansas recruited the same guys that I have been to play corner at Bama! :D

Oneback
10-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Not sure when it was during the game, but at one point I actually started rooting for a Kansas win just to hasten the process. I am fully onboard with Mack leaving by whatever means necessary and Kirby Smart becoming the HC for next year. This team is pathetic and soft and has been for a few years now.

nykia31
10-27-2012, 11:12 PM
Im a rather happy domer

Papa LoneStar
10-28-2012, 12:36 AM
I agree with Oneback word for word....although I was following the game via ScoreCenter app while driving from Picayune, MS back to Dallas. Texas Tech and Kansas State will put us out of our misery. I watched the game in an "NFL Replay" style thanks to my skills with the remote. Happy for you, NYKia....although....I would loooove to see a 4 team playoff THIS season with Bama/K-State/Oregon/Notre Dame....I have a feeling somebody will be unhappy....hopefully not 2.

Escobar
10-29-2012, 01:04 AM
I was ready to break something last night. I have no idea why Josh Heupel decided to completely abandon the running game before the game even started...we need to give Roy Finch some more playing time. He has gotten almost zero pt this year after being a spark the last two years out of the diamond formation.

ryby6969
10-29-2012, 03:28 AM
Anyone know what level practice is at in the OD? When I am on offense, my defense looks like the 85 Bears but when I switch to defense they look like UAB. It is crazy how much it changes. I wonder if it is because of being on Heisman?

JeffHCross
10-29-2012, 05:57 AM
It's both because it's Heisman and because Practice is known to always be a little "off" in terms of the difficulty level.

Escobar
10-30-2012, 03:48 PM
and the sliders act differently in practice than in the real game.

nykia31
11-03-2012, 04:33 AM
ND-Oregon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-zdLLU9JbY&feature=plcp

psusnoop
11-03-2012, 06:47 AM
ND-Oregon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-zdLLU9JbY&feature=plcp

The video shown here is EXACTLY how not to play NCAA or for that matter any video game football. So painful I may report that post hahahaha just kidding

ryby6969
11-03-2012, 05:48 PM
This week Kia is on watch! :D

Oneback
11-04-2012, 06:31 AM
No doubt, ND only won by the luck of the Irish - Pitt had so many chances to win that game.

ryby6969
11-04-2012, 07:28 PM
So having 1 bad year causes you to drop down to a 5* even after winning 3 national titles in a row?(counting the one IRL) They may want to fix that next year for NCAA 14.

Oneback
11-04-2012, 07:29 PM
You set the bar really high - the fans wont stand for one bad year! You must be in the running EVERY YEAR!

ryby6969
11-04-2012, 07:32 PM
It is crazy how that is set up. I will be interested to see how NCAA 14 has Auburn rated. :D

JeffHCross
11-04-2012, 10:15 PM
So having 1 bad year causes you to drop down to a 5* even after winning 3 national titles in a row?(counting the one IRL) They may want to fix that next year for NCAA 14.Well, if memory serves, one GREAT year (like a MNC) will move you up. So ...

nykia31
11-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Touchdown Jesus had to intervene..

That's a pretty nice ace in the hole to have.

gschwendt
11-05-2012, 01:59 PM
I posted this up above but thought I'd post it here as well since it's specific to this OD and also so that psuexv & Jeff will see it as I imagine they'll at least have a passing interest in it.

I've put together a spreadsheet on Google Docs that I use to track my roster (particularly for the next season) and my recruiting.

This should be readable for everyone, but let me know if it's not.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvtJqcTghgb0dGVJNWVma0dKZjY4cUxPbk9mU0JrO Wc

The latest revisions are mostly only on S4-Roster, S4-Depth, and S3-Recruits. This was all used during the 3rd season so it allowed me to plan for the next season to determine where I would have holes not only next year but for the future. It also lets me plan out my redshirts (with red text), player cuts (with a strikethrough), and position changes. We're finishing up Season 3 now so since it's more or less finalized, I wanted to share it with everyone to get any kind of feedback you guys wanted to share, even if just to say I have too much time on my hands.

On the roster tab (S4-Roster), The first 5 columns are self-explanatory, Name, Position, Year, OVR, and Tendency. The PosYr column is a concatenation of Pos & Year in order to build the roster breakdown that you see to the right (I'll get to that in a minute). The PosSort is so that I can sort it by a normal roster (QB, HB, etc.) and the YrSort is essentially the same, just sorting by SrRS, Sr, JrRS, etc. PosYr, PosSort, & YrSort are calculated columns, thus they are greyed; PosYr as explained is a concatenation, whereas PosSort and YrSort are lookups from the Resources tab (last one). The ones that have their Year highlighted means that they were a new recruit for that season (Freshman & JUCOs).

As for the Roster breakdown on the right, it's actually a nice little calculated section I put together that tracks the yearly breakdown for each position as well as the two highest rated OVR players at each position. The positional breakdown is actually pulling unique values from the Pos column on the roster so if you don't care to track FBs, it won't list them or if you only care to track WRs (not arrangement specific), you can list them all as WRs and see the breakdown that way.

On the depth tab (S4-Depth), this is just a visual break down of a 2-deep depth chart. The Positions are manually entered as are the Names but based on the name, it will do a lookup of the Year and OVR. This page will help you determine how "old" your team is based on contributors. If you have a really senior-heavy team, then this will tell you that you need to make sure you're ready for the future. It also highlights those Seniors as well as Freshman to point out those players.

On the recruits tab (S3-Recruits), this is a fairly straight-forward recruits tracker. The first column is the order they appear (the 99s are just a buffer), the OVR is their post-scouting OVR, their Scout column is a percentage of the next two columns, the first is how many attributes you have scouted, the second is how many attributes they have (it's a lookup from Resources). Next is their original OVR, so you can see how they finished versus where they started using the Diff column (simple subtraction from OVR), and then finally are the remainder of the manual columns, Prestige, Position (default), possible Position Changes (particularly for ATHs & Right vs Left positions), Interest level, when they visit, whether you've offered a Scholarship, and then Competition (particularly fellow User teams). The final is just a Notes column, sometimes I'll highlight most important traits for an ATH or what traits I haven't scouted, or whatever.

You'll also see previous years which will also give you an idea of how this thing started and how it got to where it is. As well is a S5 set for the next season we're getting ready to start.

Finally, there is the Training Results and the Resources tabs. The Resources tab is just simply used for other pages to lookup information such as PosSort, number of ratings to scout for each position, and so on.

On the Training Results, it's also a little creation I put together for me to be able to see how each player I've had over the years has progressed. The first four columns are pulled from the Resources page, which is just a list of every seasons roster... the lookup will only pull unique values so there will only be one record for each player. The next columns is a breakdown of each player for that year (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, etc.) including their year and their OVR for that year. Then finally is a Progression column which shows how much they've grown over the years (min - max) and their MaxOVR which is the highest point they reached. It's not a very friendly sorting on the default spreadsheet page but if you look at it in List View you can sort it by year, position, etc. quite easily.

You can make a copy to your own Google Docs by doing File > Make a Copy. Once you have it in your own, you'll have to update named ranges, calculations, etc. but in about 10 minutes worth of work you should be able to have your own version up & running. For the roster, I just do a download from the OD site, then concatenate the player names into one column.

Hopefully this will end up helping someone else out and will be valuable to someone else. Obviously if you share your own version with anyone else I would appreciate some kind of credit as I have spent way too much time working on this.

ryby6969
11-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Good stuff G. I started doing something like this during season 1 in Word, but it became too much work. :D

JeffHCross
11-10-2012, 06:36 PM
I, for one, am very glad that Johnny Manziel was inaccurately rated in NCAA 13.

JeffHCross
11-10-2012, 06:45 PM
G, that spreadsheet is pretty awesome. I definitely need to do something, if not by next season or two, at least by NCAA 14 to track stuff a little better. For NCAA 11 I was mainly tracking my recruiting, week to week point totals, points behind, etc. After fighting in Powerhouse this year, I've realized that stuff doesn't matter as much, and I need to do a better job of planning my roster. I spend way too much time at the end of the year planning my roster. I could save myself a lot of time with a system like what you've got.

As for "too much time on my hands", at least yours is in a spreadsheet. Until this year, I've been doing 99% of my work with pen and paper. So while I can refer back to it and copy old ideas pretty easily, the reusability was nil. That's a huge reason why I spend so much time on NCAA ..... and I really need to cut down on that, if I'm going to get anything else done :D

ryby6969
11-15-2012, 04:52 PM
I was just telling snoop, I think my players are overrated! :D Just played my first online random and made a guy using Oregon quit halfway through the 2nd qtr with Miami. The players on Miami were making plays that my Bama guys never make. :(

razorback44
11-15-2012, 04:56 PM
That is awesome G! Thanks for putting in the leg work on it. I'm am definitely going to start plugging my info in to this. Very good stuff.

gschwendt
11-16-2012, 11:35 AM
That is awesome G! Thanks for putting in the leg work on it. I'm am definitely going to start plugging my info in to this. Very good stuff.
Awesome. Let me know if you need any help... it has a lot of stuff but it's organized for my brain so not sure if getting it setup makes much sense. One thing to be mindful of, the Yr fields have to at least start with the same choices I start with... Fr, Jr, etc. You can call them FrR or FrRS or FrRedshirt or whatever, but the breakdown by position/year uses the first two characters of that designation.

Other than that, it should be fairly straight-forward but happy to help if you need it.

nykia31
11-17-2012, 06:53 AM
ND- Ohio State

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyI0AMH8pQs&feature=plcp

nykia31
11-23-2012, 03:14 PM
ND-Michigan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sXptV5m3tY&lc=XpB8tW9xl06Yu4oRTJK1bzxjtjtP1a833jb2BrRiHRk&feature=inbox

ryby6969
12-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Watching the SECCG really makes me hope they redo line interactions for NCAA 14. Really would like to be able to just pound the ball like that because of an elite oline. Hopefully they will find a balance between the different styles of play so 1 or 2 are not so much more effective then the others.

JeffHCross
12-06-2012, 09:44 PM
What would everybody else think about, for NCAA 14, changing from "Powerhouse" teams to "Rise of the Powerhouse" teams? Basically, teams that either used to be great and are now just below that level, or teams that aren't quite there yet. Maybe limited to 4-star teams? Something like that. Anyway, just an idea bouncing in my head that I wanted to throw out there. I'm always personally more interested in taking over lower-level programs, but doing that in PH would be intentionally screwing myself :D

ryby6969
12-07-2012, 02:37 AM
As long as at worst I could us Miami, I am fine! :D Seriously though, I know we tried 3* teams last year to begin with and it never made it out of the first season due to the transfer failed issues but it did not seem like people were as into it as they have been this season picking "their" own teams.

JeffHCross
12-07-2012, 06:56 AM
True. Though one reason I'm suggesting this now is that the dynamic conference pitches make a big difference for teams that are on the rise.

JeffHCross
12-08-2012, 11:29 PM
I'm sure Papa and Oneback are loving this ...

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac330/jeffhc/statesman.jpg

Though I do think you have to give them credit for the advertising :D

:Texas_A&M:

gschwendt
12-08-2012, 11:50 PM
It should say something along the lines that the Longhorns have the best defensive backs playing quarterback for other teams... I'm sure it's somewhat well known by now but Brown & company wanted both Griffin III & Manziel to play DB for them.

Oneback
12-09-2012, 07:45 AM
It should say something along the lines that the Longhorns have the best defensive backs playing quarterback for other teams... I'm sure it's somewhat well known by now but Brown & company wanted both Griffin III & Manziel to play DB for them.

Just another reason why I think its time for Brown to go. That being said it looks as though Harsin and Applewhite have been a lot better as of late.

JeffHCross
12-09-2012, 01:16 PM
While I know what you mean OB, staffs not recognizing talent isn't exactly new. Look at Bear trying to get Bo to wait in line at Alabama. Troy Smith was the last scholarship offer for Ohio State.

Escobar
12-09-2012, 06:55 PM
People forget the value of athletic quarterbacks. Look at Barry Switzer's interview on CFB Daily. He said had a conversation w/ coach Stoops about the value of athletic qb's, and the OU offense will look very different next year:nod: That was the only thing stopping me from running an OD with them

JeffHCross
12-09-2012, 09:29 PM
I don't think people forget their value, per se. But I do think there is a struggle to assess their value, especially in comparison to players that are already on campus. I would imagine that the Texas staff looked at Manziel, and then looked at David Ash and Case McCoy. All three were :3star: prospects. Obviously, hindsight is 20/10 on that one. Manziel was ranked behind others including Teddy Bridgewater and Auburn's Kiehl Frazier. In fact, not only were all three :3star:s, but they all had very, very similar ratings according to Rivals.

psusnoop
12-10-2012, 07:58 AM
I don't think people forget their value, per se. But I do think there is a struggle to assess their value, especially in comparison to players that are already on campus. I would imagine that the Texas staff looked at Manziel, and then looked at David Ash and Case McCoy. All three were :3star: prospects. Obviously, hindsight is 20/10 on that one. Manziel was ranked behind others including Teddy Bridgewater and Auburn's Kiehl Frazier. In fact, not only were all three :3star:s, but they all had very, very similar ratings according to Rivals.

I kinda of enjoyed watching Bridgewater this year more the Manziel but that is simply because I struggle watching the love fest of the SEC :D

nykia31
12-10-2012, 09:37 AM
ND-Oregon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-3dkdMFA9E&list=UUiuWochyL2PIWbO7xlWI4fQ&index=3

JeffHCross
12-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Snoop, Bridgewater's good, no doubt. My point was more that we weren't talking about an obvious talent difference.

Papa LoneStar
12-10-2012, 07:14 PM
I just noticed the SEC is back at A+ for conference prestige....hopefully we enjoy the "poll boost" in the rankings next season.

JeffHCross
12-10-2012, 08:01 PM
I just noticed the SEC is back at A+ for conference prestige....hopefully we enjoy the "poll boost" in the rankings next season.I don't recall if it was Week 14 or 15 that I noticed, but the difference was like 0.1 average. Crazy. Not sure if I like that the conference prestige is a regimented A+, A, B+, and not a relative rating based on how close your Avg is. If one conference is 10.0 and one is 10.1, shouldn't they both have the same rating?

psusnoop
12-11-2012, 06:15 AM
Snoop, Bridgewater's good, no doubt. My point was more that we weren't talking about an obvious talent difference.

Oh I wasn't really commenting on your posts as much as I was just throwing out something completely random that I felt like typing :D:D

psusnoop
12-11-2012, 06:16 AM
Just messing with yeah. Yeah there wasn't much difference talent wise. Agreed :up:

JeffHCross
12-16-2012, 12:07 AM
So, I went into Practice Mode tonight and it actually brought my custom PB in with me. When did that start?

Papa LoneStar
12-16-2012, 12:22 AM
I noticed in week 1 of 2015.

ryby6969
12-16-2012, 07:59 AM
I have tried it multiple times and it has not worked for me. :(

JeffHCross
12-16-2012, 10:55 AM
Depending on when you last tried, ryby, I'd say try again. Worked several times for me last night.

gschwendt
12-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Depending on when you last tried, ryby, I'd say try again. Worked several times for me last night.I can't figure out the combination but it has something to do with offseason and presumably getting a new Offensive Coordinator. I'm wondering if it doesn't happen whenever you get a new system-generated coordinator... they just inherit your custom playbook.

I can't say for certain but pretty sure it happened last year in one of my ODs as well after several years.

ryby6969
12-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Depending on when you last tried, ryby, I'd say try again. Worked several times for me last night.

I just tried yesterday.

JeffHCross
12-16-2012, 12:07 PM
Not to burst your bubble, G, but my OC is not system-generated.

ryby6969
12-17-2012, 06:52 AM
Just a thought, but how would everyone feel about doing an awards vote? We could do a preseason one to try to guess the Heisman and others before the season and then do one after the season for players and coaches and whatever else we want.

Oneback
12-17-2012, 08:43 AM
I'm game.

psusnoop
12-17-2012, 08:50 AM
I'm game

gschwendt
12-17-2012, 08:50 AM
I'm in... we'd just need someone to admin & organize it (post stats, setup polls, etc.)

ryby6969
12-17-2012, 01:33 PM
I was thinking in the Preseason we could vote on:

Heisman:

Maxwell:

O'Brien:

Walker:

Biletnikoff:

Mackey:

Lombardi:

Bednarki:

Butkus:

Thorpe:

Coach of the Year:

I was thinking we could do one before the season and then have a vote after the season considering how bad the game is at picking them sometimes. You should be able to pick one of your own players Preseason, but then after the season give your top 3 without your guy. If he is good enough, he should get plenty of votes.

One thing I was thinking was basically basing it off of JUST user games. I don't think a player should get rewarding for dominating against the cpu, but then shitting the bed against the users. What does everyone think? Anything you would like to see added? Also, we could do a private vote at the end if people would prefer but I would rather just post it and maybe give a little bit of an explanation of why you picked a guy.

gschwendt
12-17-2012, 04:16 PM
I nominate:

Heisman:
:Michigan: QB Kevin Jones

Maxwell:

O'Brien:

Walker:
:Michigan: HB Jake Marks

Biletnikoff:
:Michigan: WR Justin Austin

Mackey:
:Michigan: TE Joe Maxwell

Lombardi:
:Michigan: DT Ondre Pipkins

Bednarki:
:Michigan: MLB Karl Brown

Butkus:
:Michigan: MLB Karl Brown

Thorpe:
:Michigan: SS Dominique Wilson

Coach of the Year:
:Michigan: HC Rex Rodriguez

I second each of your nominations.

texacotea
12-17-2012, 04:54 PM
I was thinking in the Preseason we could vote on:

Heisman:

Maxwell:

O'Brien:

Walker:

Biletnikoff:

Mackey:

Lombardi:

Bednarki:

Butkus:

Thorpe:

Coach of the Year:

I was thinking we could do one before the season and then have a vote after the season considering how bad the game is at picking them sometimes. You should be able to pick one of your own players Preseason, but then after the season give your top 3 without your guy. If he is good enough, he should get plenty of votes.

One thing I was thinking was basically basing it off of JUST user games. I don't think a player should get rewarding for dominating against the cpu, but then shitting the bed against the users. What does everyone think? Anything you would like to see added? Also, we could do a private vote at the end if people would prefer but I would rather just post it and maybe give a little bit of an explanation of why you picked a guy.

I like it. when do we start?

prob wont be giving any Meechigan players any votes. thats for sure.

ryby6969
12-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Considering we are still in week 1:glare:, we can start now. No user games have been played at the moment and at worst people will vote when only 1 has been played so far. OB, do you want me to start a thread for it?

Oneback
12-17-2012, 05:09 PM
Go ahead and start one, I'm still at work, I'll jump on and take a look at it further once I get home.

gschwendt
12-17-2012, 05:11 PM
Do we need a new sub-section so that separate threads/polls can be created for each award?

ryby6969
12-17-2012, 05:59 PM
Would we prefer to have this in the Powerhouse History Subforum? If so could one of you guys with all the power move it.

JeffHCross
12-17-2012, 06:55 PM
I like the idea, but not sure I'll participate. I have enough on my mind with four user games to start the season :D

texacotea
12-17-2012, 07:18 PM
How about you play one of them??

JeffHCross
12-17-2012, 08:30 PM
How about you play one of them??... the game was already over when I posted that. :P

ryby6969
12-18-2012, 02:12 PM
They really need to fix Dynasty Wire. Shit is getting annoying when everyday I try to get on it I get an error. :glare:

gschwendt
12-18-2012, 02:19 PM
They really need to fix Dynasty Wire. Shit is getting annoying when everyday I try to get on it I get an error. :glare:
I've found that when I run into it, if I clear my cookies/cache for the site, it works immediately after. In Chrome, it's easy to clear just for all easports.com sites... Settings > Advanced Settings > Content Settings > All cookies & site data... From there, just filter down to easports and then delete any entries that return.

JeffHCross
12-18-2012, 05:52 PM
I'll check that next time I see the error, G.

Oneback
12-18-2012, 09:39 PM
I've found that when I run into it, if I clear my cookies/cache for the site, it works immediately after. In Chrome, it's easy to clear just for all easports.com sites... Settings > Advanced Settings > Content Settings > All cookies & site data... From there, just filter down to easports and then delete any entries that return.

This has typically not worked for me.

JeffHCross
12-18-2012, 11:18 PM
Well, as much as I hate agreeing with G (and I do hate it), I'm getting the error right now in Chrome, but IE is working fine. I've never signed into the dynasty site with IE. That would suggest a cache or cookie problem.

And clearing the cookies worked like a charm.

nykia31
12-22-2012, 04:59 PM
ND-USC From Last Season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnutyFK-34g

Rcktfan916
12-23-2012, 04:49 PM
What sliders do you guys use in your league? I'm trying to find a good AA set.

psuexv
12-30-2012, 09:07 AM
What sliders do you guys use in your league? I'm trying to find a good AA set.

Not sure what we based them off of but they've been tweaked a couple of times.

Escobar
12-30-2012, 08:43 PM
They're also for Heisman.

psuexv
12-30-2012, 11:06 PM
They're also for Heisman.

Yep, I forgot we moved to Heisman this year.

ryby6969
12-31-2012, 02:22 PM
So I guess Papa has most of the defensive awards locked up with Owen.

Oneback
12-31-2012, 02:27 PM
Awards are consolation prizes for not winning championships.

ryby6969
12-31-2012, 02:56 PM
Yeah, I know he is getting pissed we are in year 5 and he has won nothing so far. :D

JeffHCross
12-31-2012, 05:02 PM
I wouldn't mind continuing to piss him off :D

Oneback
12-31-2012, 05:32 PM
He's gotten soft in parenthood. I think we've lost the old Papa.

Papa LoneStar
12-31-2012, 08:59 PM
*literally almost fell off the couch laughing* I haven't won a national title since year 2 & 4 of our 6 year NCAA 11 run....so 2 years in that....plus 3? in 12....plus 4 in 13....I will take Oneback's advice and use the lack of having the luxury of sitting in practice mode for hours as my excuse :D

Sad thing....is that I was told this by my Godsister's husband (bigjkt405 of Utopia back in the day)....once I had a kid....I would fall off....it hurts that he was absolutely correct....lol :(

JeffHCross
12-31-2012, 09:26 PM
I don't sit in practice mode for hours, and I do just fine ;)

I think you confused NCAA 10 with 11 and 11 with 12 there. I recall you doing just fine in NCAA 11 (and crashing our dynasty twice by loading a copy of the dynasty, so you could "practice" :P)

Papa LoneStar
12-31-2012, 10:21 PM
Yes...I did....thanks for correcting me, sir *edits post*....well....I would have to say that "sitting in practice mode" was the key to my success when I was in my prime....lol.

Don't blame me for crashing the dynasty....blame the guys who didn't have their priorities straight. Offseason means "all-night" instead of one task a day....lol.

EDIT: With my previous mistakes....it reminded me of my NCAA 10 run....seems so long ago :(

nykia31
01-01-2013, 10:34 PM
ND-Michigan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RCAY7a1GSU

ryby6969
01-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Considering this is our 5th season, I am going to put together a list of some of our best players so far statistically by using the career stats. I was wondering what positions everyone is most interested in, and possibly interest in a sort of Hall of Fame vote after this season for our recruits that are going to leave. I will definitely do the stats and what not after the kids dentist appt, so throw me some ideas of what you guys would like to see included. I already have each teams ranking so far in Offense, Defense, and Turnover diff for this season that I will post later also.

gschwendt
01-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Being selfish, I'd want to see pretty much every position except maybe FBs & OL.

As far as the HOF vote, would it be one per position or a limit on a total number of players or what did you have in mind?

ryby6969
01-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Being selfish, I'd want to see pretty much every position except maybe FBs & OL.

As far as the HOF vote, would it be one per position or a limit on a total number of players or what did you have in mind?

That is what I was wanting to discuss as far as the HOF voting. Would we want to limit each person to a set number of votes like in real life, or just do it by position. I really think OL will have a tough time getting votes for the simple fact they really do not get stats. Each team could do their own HOF and then nominate a few guys each season to be considered for the powerhouse HOF?

Oneback
01-03-2013, 01:03 PM
I agree OL would probably be hard, but I'd be interested in seeing the stats. I think each team can do a "Ring of Honor" on their own, but for the Hall of Fame vote I say one per position and the coach can't vote for his own players but can state a case for them.

psusnoop
01-03-2013, 01:03 PM
That is what I was wanting to discuss as far as the HOF voting. Would we want to limit each person to a set number of votes like in real life, or just do it by position. I really think OL will have a tough time getting votes for the simple fact they really do not get stats. Each team could do their own HOF and then nominate a few guys each season to be considered for the powerhouse HOF?

That isn't a bad idea there with each team nominating players but there should be a number involved for how many you can nominate so to speak. I'm not sure what that number should be though.

I'm also like G and wouldn't mind seeing everything other then FB and OL.

psuexv
01-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Yeah all Positions except OL and FB.

I think getting everyone to vote on the HOF would be tough. I'd just say we have "record holders" and then top 5 at each position.

ryby6969
01-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Yeah all Positions except OL and FB.

I think getting everyone to vote on the HOF would be tough. I'd just say we have "record holders" and then top 5 at each position.

Well the voting could be done during the offseason when every is on anyway.

Also, we would have to determine if we would split up each position, or just vote for LB's, DL, and S's altogether. I would say each team could nominate 2 or so players for the Powerhouse HOF and then we would have to figure out how many we want to vote in each season.

I would also like to limit it to our own recruits if at all possible, unless everyone would prefer otherwise.

razorback44
01-03-2013, 01:46 PM
Alex Voelzke is going to be crushed you guys don't want to vote on FB's. He is by far my favorite player on the team. I'm always looking for new ways to get him involved in the offense.

texacotea
01-03-2013, 02:02 PM
I like the idea, something that will carry over to the new game and all. Would we have a certian number of players that could get into the "HALL" a year?