Thread: NCAA '12: Heisman 0 Threshold Sliders

• Facebook
  • Display

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    0 means if you were to go into a game or practice with 99 speed running backs and wide receivers and a secondary full of 60 speed guys, the running backs and wide receivers would pretty much run circles around the secondary. With the threshold at 0, the speed rating for players truly comes into factor in the game as that's the only thing that differentiates one player from another with a 0 threshold when it comes to how fast or slow they are. If you have the threshold at 100, all the players play like they're the same speed rating. So a 60 speed cornerback would have no problem at all keeping up with a 99 speed wide receiver.
    Yeah I understand what it does, I've just ever understood how people decide to edit it. So i know that setting it to zero does what you've described, but is that too big a gap between fast and slow players? Is 50 too little? The devs must know what real life is on the slider.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshire2012 View Post
    Yeah I understand what it does, I've just ever understood how people decide to edit it. So i know that setting it to zero does what you've described, but is that too big a gap between fast and slow players? Is 50 too little? The devs must know what real life is on the slider.
    I'll find some of the research others have put in. I personally just used the 'at 100' everyone plays at the same speed so 'at 0' they must play at their ratings. I have an example below of a 0 threshold play. #6 of Miami is a 94spd 93acc back. I think the quickest player on WF is a 90spd high 80s acceleration corner. If you look closely you can tell the exact moment I started to 'sprint'.

http://youtu.be/3iPhCFEV7_U

I've only played 2 games on default Heisman and it's been a while since I played '11, but so far it seems relatively easy.

I just smashed Boise State 38-0 with Georgia and I beat Clemson last night 32-15. But that's a small sample size.