Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: 2010 NFL Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Here's a good article about the Steelers way of doing business from the NY Times.

http://blackandgoldworld.blogspot.co...cally-and.html

Eric, your image doesn't show up ... try this instead: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_A...s912/photo.JPG

Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

That's strange. I can see it in my original post. This happened one other time with that twitpic image of the Christmas wrapper office

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    That's strange. I can see it in my original post. This happened one other time with that twitpic image of the Christmas wrapper office
    You can't hotlink Google's picasa images... they work temporarily but eventually that address times out.

Super Bowl Sunday is here!

I don't have a vested interest in either team but I will be rooting for Aaron Rodgers (sorry Steelerfan). From how he sat at that draft table for hours while he slipped from a potential #2 draft pick down into the 20s and from how he had to replace a legend in a very messy situation in Green Bay, he deserves some good NFL karma by winning a Superbowl. Then not only will his first three years in the NFL also be better than the three MVP years of Favre (in QB rating and yards) but he's also match Favre's Superbowl wins and end the Favre era for good.

Unless you're a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers, or your team is a rival of the Packers, I think most people would prefer the Steelers not get a 7th Lombardi Trophy tonight. I understand that. I always root against teams like the Lakers and Yankees for similar reasons.

yeah, i got lucky and unpacked my terrible towels yesterday. just in time. but Steelerfan, I found the shirt I have to own!!
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=AET2EBVNLL4A6

ohh and i guess only JB will get that but since Nov 1 I have grown my beard out, while its not as big as Kiesels it is pretty beefy. Ill see if i can put a pic on here of it
    Last edited by Violator; 02-06-2011 at 12:35 PM.

there is the beard last week, and the beard was about 2 sheets to the wind as well

Ha! Yep, love that shirt!

Nice beard, too. Mine is not nearly as robust. I didn't quit trimming till the playoffs, lol.

Here We Go, Steelers!!

I cheer for the Raiders so I don't have to worry about playoff beards. Thank you AL for your "amazing" leadership. I'm looking forward to ANOTHER head coach..... $#%&^$@!

I keep walking around singing here we go steelers, here we go, pittsburghs going to the super bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Violator View Post
    I keep walking around singing here we go steelers, here we go, pittsburghs going to the super bowl

and one good thing is no matter what a Steeler gets a ring today. IF GB wins Kevin Greene will get the ring he deserved if Neil O'Donnel decided not to throw to the Cowboys in 95

Won't get into it today, but I don't blame O'Donnell. Go back and look who the receiver was and think about why he was in the game (injury in AFCC).

Anyway, Darren Perry is on the Packers staff, too.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Won't get into it today, but I don't blame O'Donnell. Go back and look who the receiver was and think about why he was in the game (injury in AFCC).

Anyway, Darren Perry is on the Packers staff, too.
    is he really? didnt know Darren was. Yeah I know, but i feel the same way about Neil as I do about Kordell. It's better to just forget about them.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=6096112

What a joke. I hope the Super Bowl never goes back to Dallas, just as a giant "fuck you" you to Jerry Jones and his need to stroke himself and his ego. This whole week has been nothing but disaster or fuck up after another.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I'm not going to put this one on Jerry. He can't have been the only one involved in the decision to put up temporary seating. That's just a bad, bad idea to begin with.

As for the rest of the week ... it's not like Jerry controls a weather machine ...

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I'm not going to put this one on Jerry. He can't have been the only one involved in the decision to put up temporary seating. That's just a bad, bad idea to begin with.

As for the rest of the week ... it's not like Jerry controls a weather machine ...
    Well, yeah, more than just Jerry deserves blame. But he still deserves his fair share for the seating fiasco. That stuff should have been done and ready to go weeks ago. There is no excuse for temporary seating to NOT be completed and safe and ready to go by game time. Jerry, the NFL, the company/people who were actually setting up the seats, they all deserve blame. They can have a giant outdoor plaza ready to go so little Jerry can try for his attendance record, but they can't have temporary seats actually in the stadium done in time. Absolutely no reason or excuse.

And that refund of $2700 (three times face value) is a slap in the face to those people. It probably cost that much just in airfare and hotel reservations for the weekend, much less what the game tickets probably cost those people to obtain. It's also a joke to wait until practically right before the game to say "sorry, some of you aren't going to get to watch the game inside after all because we're incompetent." I would be supremely pissed if I was those people who basically got the middle finger. "Oh sorry, we couldn't get your seats ready in time, so we have no room for you inside even though you have a ticket, but you can go freeze your ass off outside in our special plaza for the game instead."

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Well, yeah, more than just Jerry deserves blame. But he still deserves his fair share for the seating fiasco. That stuff should have been done and ready to go weeks ago. There is no excuse for temporary seating to NOT be completed and safe and ready to go by game time.
    We can go around in circles about this, but the real meat of the argument is what I bolded. Dumb to put them there to begin with.