Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: The Gaming Tailgate will have NCAA Football 11 on Tues 6/29 - Submit Questions Here

• Facebook
  • Display
    Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    If you have time, maybe sim two or three seasons ahead and see what type of recruiting teams did and how the player progressions are. How many 90+ players are there now? How many 99 overall players? Any recruits with 95+ speed and 95+ acceleration? Any WRs with 95+ speed that are 6'4" or taller?

Again, pretty in depth, and something I plan on doing myself as well, but I would love it if you guys could possibly touch on that.

Here's a question

If you use a bowl stadium from a TB team, is it still split 50/50?

Another question I just thought of. Could you just recruit several seasons at all of the different difficulties with a Powerhouse; "Middle of the Road" and a "Cupcake" and see what difficulties you feel get the most realistic results?

Recruit
    FlightWhite at OS has a copy and is posting impressions.

Pretty basic info so far.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Pretty basic info so far.
    Real basic and I don't think he played much of the demo. I haven't learned anything from 8 pages (20 posts per page) of impressions. Part of the problem is there are a TON of questions about things that have already been answered in the info thread. I really dislike these types of impressions. A guy posts he has the game and makes posts after very little playing time. I think it's much better to play about 3 games and then post some early impressions which are much more detailed and informative.

This is one huge advantage small sites have over bigger ones. Many people get to know each other (at least a little) and you get nothing but hardcore impressions. Way too much crap you have to wade through on larger sites. That said, I still want to read both positive and negative stuff - even Rhombic's Rants! (I'll take credit for the name of his future blog).
    Last edited by Rudy; 07-07-2010 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Real basic and I don't think he played much of the demo. I haven't learned anything from 8 pages (20 posts per page) of impressions. Part of the problem is there are a TON of questions about things that have already been answered in the info thread. I really dislike these types of impressions. A guy posts he has the game and makes posts after very little playing time. I think it's much better to play about 3 games and then post some early impressions which are much more detailed and informative.
    Honestly, I wouldn't allow people to ask him questions until he posted up some random thoughts about the game. Once people start asking questions, the people who have the game won't have have time to post how they feel about the game.

I haven't learned anything from 8 pages (20 posts per page) of impressions.
    This. The info provided seemed very 'casual' compared to what I was expecting.

If I had the game this early, I probably wouldn't even tell anyone so I wouldn't have to sift through dozens of idiotic questions. Or maybe, I'd come here and only answer questions for guys with a minimum post count. At least I'd know that someone with a lot of time here would know the basics and wouldn't ask a bunch of BS.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Truthfully, I don't want to read anything anyone else has to say about the game. I want to play it for myself. No one plays the game like I do and no one has the same feeling about the game that I do so anything anyone could possibly say about it I have to take with a grain of salt because I just can't take it for anything else until I touch the game.

I read all the poor stuff about '10 and, yet, it's the best NCAA game I've ever played. Hell, I'm powering through seasons with it using Saint Augustus like it's nothing and I'm having a blast doing it. I would have played it non-stop from release day until now if it wasn't for the fact that job and other shit got in my way for a long time there.

Dreads?

Quote Originally Posted by razorback44 View Post
    Dreads?
    I'll never support EA again if there is no dreads in this game!

The reports of holding on the kickoff team are not promising.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Truthfully, I don't want to read anything anyone else has to say about the game. I want to play it for myself. No one plays the game like I do and no one has the same feeling about the game that I do so anything anyone could possibly say about it I have to take with a grain of salt because I just can't take it for anything else until I touch the game.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Yep.
    Someone found the smilies I just uploaded lol

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    If I had the game this early, I probably wouldn't even tell anyone so I wouldn't have to sift through dozens of idiotic questions.
    This.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    If I had the game this early, I probably wouldn't even tell anyone so I wouldn't have to sift through dozens of idiotic questions.
    Yeah like the dude that was wondering if some specific press box is in, you think that guy is going to answer that question? I'm sure he wants to dig right into the game instead of searching for a press box in a replay and trying to figure out if that is what the dude is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yeah like the dude that was wondering if some specific press box is in, you think that guy is going to answer that question? I'm sure he wants to dig right into the game instead of searching for a press box in a replay and trying to figure out if that is what the dude is talking about.
    Yeah, I made that mistake with 08 when I got it the Friday before. I posted that I had it earlier, and of course, I spent all weekend answering random, odd, and sometime asinine questions from people just as if there were this color socks in the game or did they have this style of face mask or what the toughness rating of some 3rd string defensive end on Rice or something was. I'm never gonna make that mistake again. I get it early, I'm not telling a soul. I'll let people find out from it popping up on my played games list on my profile.

Granted, with this community, I think I could probably get away with it if I so chose to do so simply because I'd most likely get actually intelligent questions and not random ones that are simply a waste of time trying to find an answer to.

Is the game an INT fest? I'm playing the demo of FSU - Florida and the game has seen 9 INTs. What's amazing is I've thrown 6 and I almost never get picked off on Heisman.

I definitely am curious on how the cpu will run the ball and the type of plays they call. Sick of sack fests because the cpu can't run a proper screen pass.