Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
Holy crap. I saw news of a school shooting in Kentucky I believe it was, but to have it be your high school with family working or attending there still, I can't even imagine the feelings you must have had upon seeing that news. I'm glad to hear your dad and nephew are OK CLW.
Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
Small world. I’m glad to hear your family is ok. My condolences go out to those who aren’t so lucky. I teach in a school and this is something we unfortunately prepare for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! Yeah My mom taught in the school system there (elementary) until she retired last year and they had the state police go through the entire school system pre-school - high school to teach the faculty how to handle the situation (a neighboring high school 30 mins away had a school shooting when i was in high school 20 years ago) and sounds like all the proper protocols were followed.

The local media is reporting that the shooter dropped his gun (presumably after all his shots were fired) and attempted to mingle back into the fleeing student population but was caught by students/faculty and then taken into police custody.