Thread: "Coach Mode" Xbox 360 OD anyone?

• Facebook
  • Display

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post

As for limiting the choices of the Alma Mater, absolutely not. I completely disagree with limiting Alma Mater choices.
    I don't know what you have against my ideas but whatever...

Just because you have a team as your Alma Mater doesn't mean that you're going to automatically get that spot when it opens up or that you're going to get it anytime soon.
    Choosing a school as your Alma Mater does have an big impact though. It's already been said that if you choose that school at some point their likely to offer you a job if it's open, they weight things such as one of their own over just your coach prestige rating. You saw NC State hire their offensive coord. or whatever over the other more prestigious out of school coaches they could choose from.

A prestige team has to be on a major downswing for them to fire their coach to begin with, which, most likely means that they aren't a prestige team anymore.
    Not really... All they have to do is fail to meat certain goals with // and it can happen pretty quickly. Not every team can meet their goals.

Limiting Alma Mater choices is just silly in my opinion. They're Alma Mater choices to help you have a prayer of getting the job. It doesn't mean that you're going to automatically get it when it becomes open. Hell, you might not even have a chance at the HC job if the team continues to do well and never fires their coach. You might have to wait and only get the OC or DC job there instead of getting the HC job.
    If you don't want the challenge then fine lets not do it but I only suggested it as it'll be more challenging to get to those elite schools if your unable to make them your Alma Mater. Period. That was my thought process behind it.

I realize some people will want to choose their actual Alma Mater like JBHuskers said and any restrictions could affect that but I'de guess that most of us haven't gone to a college with DIV-1A football that's that prestigious so for the rest of us we'll just select any school, probably the best ones, or their favorite school.

I really don't see any difference in having this restrictions/guidelines. It's not different than the +/+ rule which if you really want to get down to it is more restricting than anything I've suggested.
    Last edited by Cipher 8; 07-05-2011 at 12:04 AM.