Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: The Can't Sleep Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Don't beat yourself up. We have all made a similar mistake, I'm sure. Just get it through your skull that yesterday is gone and you can only control what you do today. Take a deep breath, rub one out, and wait your turn.
    Yeah. That's what I'm working on. Living in the past is a major problem for me. Did I mention I'm fucked in the head? Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Yeah. That's what I'm working on. Living in the past is a major problem for me. Did I mention I'm fucked in the head? Heh.
    Like I said, don't beat yourself up. It won't do anything but make it worse.

You're a smart guy. You can sort through it as long as you have a good starting point. She was/is interested in you. That is a positive. Start from there, keep perspective, and see where it goes. Maybe it will fall your way at a later time. The important thing to keep in mind is that you need to stay in good graces (not come across as a clingy nut), in case that time comes.

Like I said, don't beat yourself up. It won't do anything but make it worse.

You're a smart guy. You can sort through it as long as you have a good starting point. She was/is interested in you. That is a positive. Start from there, keep perspective, and see where it goes. Maybe it will fall your way at a later time. The important thing to keep in mind is that you need to stay in good graces (not come across as a clingy nut), in case that time comes.
    I know man. I'm my own worst enemy with this shit. I appreciate the words man. Really. Hopefully I'll come back in a few months with how it all worked out in the end.

I know man. I'm my own worst enemy with this shit. I appreciate the words man. Really. Hopefully I'll come back in a few months with how it all worked out in the end.

Don't be so hard on yourself brother. Just remember, everything eventually works out with time. Seven + years ago I was drifting in and out of crappy relationships with some women who were real psychological abusers. Today I am happily married with three amazing children. It will come together for you too. You just have to believe!

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Don't be so hard on yourself brother. Just remember, everything eventually works out with time. Seven + years ago I was drifting in and out of crappy relationships with some women who were real psychological abusers. Today I am happily married with three amazing children. It will come together for you too. You just have to believe!

Thanks man. Appreciate it. Just taking it one day at a time. Now, if I could only get some fucking sleep (been up for 45 minutes already and not supposed to actually be up for another 2 1/2 hours, but I can't fall back asleep).

And, another night of waking up at 5am and not being able to fall back asleep. Ugh...

Well, I'm back with the complete opposite. I finally got her in my bed and, apparently, it made her realize that she is really in love with the other dude. Currently, we haven't spoken a word to one another since Monday and I was the last one to say anything to her being, basically, she will get the space she needs to be happy with him and I'll be here if she ever needs me/wants to be friends/etc. So, unfortunately, it is what it is. I've stopped dwelling on it and just letting it be what it is. If she contacts me again, great, if not, then so be it. I decided I can't be in the headspace of loving her and getting nothing back from her anymore so, that's where it is at the moment. Like I said in the thread about JB's friend and Smooth's mom, utterly meaningless compared to what they are dealing with, but I thought I'd put it here since there's a pretty definitive end to the saga that is my shitty love life.

Well, I'm back with the complete opposite. I finally got her in my bed and, apparently, it made her realize that she is really in love with the other dude. Currently, we haven't spoken a word to one another since Monday and I was the last one to say anything to her being, basically, she will get the space she needs to be happy with him and I'll be here if she ever needs me/wants to be friends/etc. So, unfortunately, it is what it is. I've stopped dwelling on it and just letting it be what it is. If she contacts me again, great, if not, then so be it. I decided I can't be in the headspace of loving her and getting nothing back from her anymore so, that's where it is at the moment. Like I said in the thread about JB's friend and Smooth's mom, utterly meaningless compared to what they are dealing with, but I thought I'd put it here since there's a pretty definitive end to the saga that is my shitty love life.
    Well.......that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Well.......that sucks.
    Yeah, but it is what it is man. I'm keeping up hope that she contacts me again, but I'm just not staying in that position anymore. Life goes on and if she's not a part of it, then it wasn't meant to be to begin with.

So, I figured it was about time to post in here again about my love life. Notice, immediately, that terrible is no longer an adjective for it. That would be because I met someone online shortly before all that crazy shit with the other chick ended and have been going out with that someone for a little over two months now. She's really damn awesome and we've been having a great time together. It seems like forever ago that all that dumb shit from the past posts happened. Life really did go on and in a VERY positive way for me.

So, I figured it was about time to post in here again about my love life. Notice, immediately, that terrible is no longer an adjective for it. That would be because I met someone online shortly before all that crazy shit with the other chick ended and have been going out with that someone for a little over two months now. She's really damn awesome and we've been having a great time together. It seems like forever ago that all that dumb shit from the past posts happened. Life really did go on and in a VERY positive way for me.
    Congrats brother! All the best in your new relationship. I hope everything works out for the two of you.

Good deal, mors.

Don't marry, just fuck her alot.

Congrats Mors, always remember no matter how shitty one moment or time frame is, happiness is always out there waiting to be conquered.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Congrats brother! All the best in your new relationship. I hope everything works out for the two of you.
    Thanks man. So far, it's been a lot of fun with some bumps along the way, but, it's been totally worth it so far.

Good deal, mors.

Don't marry, just fuck her alot.

Marriage is definitely no where in the vocabulary yet, but I must say, down the road, I could see it. We complete each other's crazy in a strange ball of craziness that just seems to work (so far, at least).

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Congrats Mors, always remember no matter how shitty one moment or time frame is, happiness is always out there waiting to be conquered.

Thanks snoop. It's that type of mentality that I used to more on and find greener pastures. No reason to dwell on the past or let the past define the future. So far, it's worked in the positive, very well.

If you're happy, I'm happy for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    If you're happy, I'm happy for ya!
    Thanks man! Appreciate it.

Good to hear, happy for you , Been missing your cheery posts

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Good to hear, happy for you , Been missing your cheery posts

Thanks man. Life is always a bit more interesting when you have someone else in your life to share it with.