Page 35 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 4 - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Skip, I think you were just in an instance where you couldn't call timeout. If you had waited a half second or so, then Share and/or pausing the game probably would have worked... that or you were just out of timeouts and didn't realize it.
    Play was over and I was at play select screen, tried then..didn't work. I had just completed a pass and clock was running. Then I waited until I was literally at LOS with time winding down still...still couldn't call a TO by pausing and trying to select "call TO".

It was blacked out and listed I had 3 TO's remaining. I hadn't called one all game because I didn't need to until then, then when I tried I couldn't.

Haven't played since then but I will try again later tonight. I initially was playing with my PS3 controller. Plugged my PS4 controller in and backed out of the game. Then my PS3 recognized the PS4 controller, but as I said when I tried to turn my PS3 controller back on some weird movements were happening on the Home screen so I turned it back off.

edit: For what it's worth found this just now

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/...h-ps3-consoles

PS4 controllers can now work wirelessly on PS3
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 07-03-2014 at 11:11 AM.

Yeah, but the PS button still wont work because it's still only being recognized as a generic controller. Like I said, though, I've been using the DS4 for all my online dynasty games and I've never had a problem - share works every time to call a timeout. Must have been just some freak thing.

Yeah that's what I'm chalking it up to, because neither method worked for me and I can assure you it was a moment where a TO could be called and I had them.

Will try it out tonight. Having all kind of trouble with NCAA. Can't download uniform packs and this lol

http://venturebeat.com/2014/07/17/pl...destinys-beta/
    PlayStation Network is down intermittently today as gamers prepare for Destiny’s beta

PLAYSTATION 4'S NEW FIRMWARE -- 1.74 -- IS LIVE

"System software stability." Boring.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/...re-174-is-live

I preordered Hohokum. I already have Rogue Legacy for PC. The other two look interesting, but I'll probably wait on.
    The dude abides.

Counterspy looks very interesting though...

The dude abides.

Sony with an official tweet on how to replace your HDD for the PS4.

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Sony with an official tweet on how to replace your HDD for the PS4.

A little slow on that one as a simple youtube/google search would get you that info easily. The #1 feature MS has that Sony doesn't that I'd like to see is external HDD. I'm sure my 1 TB replacement is going to last a long time (hell my PS3 one still isn't anywhere near full despite all the free PS+ games) but it would just be nice to add another external drive to add more storage to my PS4.

I'm down to a hair under 400GB left on my 1TB drive. I have a 3TB HDD waiting for Sony to make the official announcement via firmware update. I bought a 1TB HDD cheap to use for the XB1 instead since I will not fill that up any time soon.
    The dude abides.

I'm down to a hair under 400GB left on my 1TB drive. I have a 3TB HDD waiting for Sony to make the official announcement via firmware update. I bought a 1TB HDD cheap to use for the XB1 instead since I will not fill that up any time soon.
    Wow you've already used 60% of your HDD on the PS4? I haven't checked mine but unless the OS is huge I cannot imagine how many games you must have saved/bought digitally.

SONY AGREES TO $15 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR PSN HACKING

Now it's up to a judge to approve it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/...or-psn-hacking

Actually, they aren't paying a penny (the way this reads) instead just giving people the option of another free game or 3 months of +.

Good luck. At the rate Sony moves with firmware updates, we should have external storage support by around 2016. Whenever they release the firmware next week for 3-D BR support, it'll be the first feature adding firmware they've released in the 8 months it's been on the market.

...even though that's a feature probably less than 1% of their consumers actually care about.

I'm missing so many things feature wise from it:

1. Suspend/resume (this is the most ridiculous one, IMO...how do you tout this feature so hard and still not have it ready 8 months later?)
    2. DLNA support (Xbox, too)
    3. Home screen customization (at least let me change the color)
    4. Automatic trophy synching.
    5. Ability to pause downloads.
    6. Notifications when friends sign on/off.
    7. External drive support (and I mean being able to install FULL GAMES on it, too, just like Xbox)
    8. Background music support of your own music - not just Music Unlimited. (Xbox needs this, too)

I could go on and on. It also blows my mind that we STILL can't change our usernames.

Never in a million years did I think we'd be 8 months into this console cycle and we still wouldn't have some of that stuff.

Just let me pause downloads. That's only thing. I care about lol.

I think I'm gonna buy Rouge Legacy any of those other Summer titles anyone heard anything about?

Hoping that you will be able to upload clips to YouTube and images to instragram sooner than later. I know the brass has said that Youtube uploads will happen this calendar year but haven't given an exact date. I don't want to upload my video game info to Facebook and Twitter but other services would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Hoping that you will be able to upload clips to YouTube and images to instragram sooner than later. I know the brass has said that Youtube uploads will happen this calendar year but haven't given an exact date. I don't want to upload my video game info to Facebook and Twitter but other services would be great.
    Yes!! This

I will not sign up for a Facebook account

So.... google'd the 4 games PS was pumping with that 2014 sale or whatever and pre-ordered all 4 as they all looked like fun games to me and 4 games for less than the price of a "normal" game I figured WTF why not.

Launch Date Title (Platform) PS Plus Pre-Order Price Retail Price
    7/29 Rogue Legacy (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) $13.59 $16.99
    8/5 The Swapper (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) $15.99 $19.99
    8/12 Hohokum (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) $11.99 $14.99
    8/19 CounterSpy (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) $11.99 $14.99