Thread: NCAA Football 14 Pre-Release Q&A: Presentation

• Facebook
  • Display

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I guess I should've put this over here:

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Another detail that makes a big impact is the inclusion of pre-play player chatter. Now, in addition to hearing the QB bark out audibles, you can listen in as defenders call out their adjustments. You might catch the center calling out the number of down linemen or the QB calling out the Mike Linebacker. Linemen can make calls to alert potential blitzers, and the defense will counter by calling out strength of formation. You may even hear the location of the tight end or which players the defense will be keying on. You’ll also hear players celebrating between whistles as they make game-changing plays like TDs and INTs.
    My question here is does any of this matter? If I call 34 Under and the defense calls out the offensive strength do they now align correctly? Can I now set a strongside and weakside linebacker? Or is all this just chatter to increase "presentation"?

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    I guess I should've put this over here:

My question here is does any of this matter? If I call 34 Under and the defense calls out the offensive strength do they now align correctly? Can I now set a strongside and weakside linebacker? Or is all this just chatter to increase "presentation"?
    I wasn't aware that was even in until this morning (a lot of presentation stuff still wasn't in in March) but my speculation is that it's purely presentation...