Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Dynasty Mode - NCAA Football 12 Wish List & Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display
    Little thing but I would also like to see the soft commit become an "LOI". And a hard commit become "Signed"

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Little thing but I would also like to see the soft commit become an "LOI". And a hard commit become "Signed"
    Would be a nice touch, except it would be wrong. You can't sign a LoI until Signing Day, and Signing Day is after Week 5 of Offseason recruiting inside the game. Both Soft and Hard are "verbal" commitments ... just only one of them might waver.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I mentioned this a looooooong time ago, but I saw it again last night.

Notre Dame went 11-2 and was #9 in the BCS and they played in the GMAC Bowl. That shouldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I mentioned this a looooooong time ago, but I saw it again last night.

Notre Dame went 11-2 and was #9 in the BCS and they played in the GMAC Bowl. That shouldn't happen.
    Your right it shouldn't, but it does bring a smile to my face

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Your right it shouldn't, but it does bring a smile to my face
    I've seen it at least 3 times.

Hell in our PS3 OD Central Michigan got a BCS Bowl bid WITH one loss.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Why not? If I'm allowed to customize "Normal", then it's essentially formation subs. Formation subs is basically 1/10th of what I want, since I can only customize one package that way.

Note, when I say custom packages, I'm talking about customizing, not just adding my own created package. I'd rather edit the existing packages than be able to create new ones (though give me the ability to edit personnel and names and you essentially have both worlds).
    Well If you are allowed to customize the normal formation that's one thing and I'd agree. But I definitely don't want to lose that ability. Ideally I'd like to see you be able to set a 2 deep for the normal package as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Hell in our PS3 OD Central Michigan got a BCS Bowl bid WITH one loss.
    Don't hate on the Chippewas!!

I like Souljahs number 4(on page 1). I always enjoy taking a randon terrible team(1 star) and making them a 6 star, but rivals are hard to come by one you get invited to better conferences and such. addition of rivals would be awesome, maybe by the fact of playing close games with a team, or beating someone of higher rank later in the year might earn some "rival points" or something?

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Hey, they may not be giant margin, pretty wins, but when Navy is 15-1 against Air Force and Army combined, and 8-0 solely against Army since 2002, then yes, I consider that owning. Ask the past 8 senior classes at Army what they consider it.

That and Navy now owns the longest streak for outright possession of the Commander-in-Chief's Trophy with 7 years in a row (and soon to be 8), beating the previous best of 6 in a row held by Air Force from 1997-2002.
    Looks like air force got it this year

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I really like the idea, but would you (or anyone else who wants this) also want something in the game to make Rivalry Games seem bigger or different? If so, what?

Right now, there's a few text references to games being a Rivalry Game, but nothing physically different that I can tell or remember.

cdj,

what about a non rival you play close every year, you win or lose it has big implications on a big bowl game, national championship, or even winning your division. earn "rival points" or soemthing against that opponent. and they go up or down depending on the game. after so many you have a rival? its an idea. could also cause for tougher games on the schedule.

i like taking a 1 star school into a 6 star powerhouse, but you have terrible rivals after you have changed conferences numerous times, and no longer want to play other terrible 1 star school. also i like the fact of taking a school from 1 to 6 stars, but ti seems they become a 6 star too quick. or 6 stars become terrible too quick. why not have some dynasty implications over a 3 year term. for example: win 10 games 2 out of 3 seasons, beat "so and so rival" 2 out of 3 years. then you earn a star. just seems too easy to play 6 years and already be a 6 star school.

it would alsp help to upgrade the stadiums of one of those teams. attract more fans for bigger games, helps with recruiting. stadium add on's things of that nature. maybe certain prospects wont play for a school under a certain attendance.. just some ideas i have on rivalry and dynasty.

I like those ideas, zacattak. It's a pretty good idea to have goals or tasks the user must meet in Dynasty Mode. That would definitely make certain games feel more important.

Thanks for joining the site!

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera1968 View Post
    I agree with this ONLY if it becomes a little easier to recruit certain players. For instance, I don't care how much someone wants to go to a big time school, no 4 or 5 star recruit is going to walk on at Auburn when they have offers from Notre Dame, Ohio State and Clemson. Just NOT going to happen.
    Your kidding right... why wouldnt they leave for auburn? SEC school, good team year to year. only school i could see him changing for in your statement is Ohio State.. Notre Dame has been long out of championship limelight. and are trying to work their way back. and clemson... enough said right there. they are good, but dont start playing auburn down until clemson wins against them(even if it was an overtime win)

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I like those ideas, zacattak. It's a pretty good idea to have goals or tasks the user must meet in Dynasty Mode. That would definitely make certain games feel more important.

Thanks for joining the site!
    Thanks, i didnt know this site existed until i was looking for the features to the new updated NCAA game. All the sites are blocked at work, and i ran across this one.

I have something else to add to my last statement i made before you replied.

What about the ability to go up and down in all recruitment catagories. Academics, Coach and Conference Presige(usually accurate), Fan base? (never has a chance to increase or decrease( goes with stadium upgrades, along with workout facilities etc.) i think you get what im saying. just someother ideas i have. and what about a style of play where you start off as a new coach, at a bad school(possibly d2), and you have to earn your way to a better program, by winning games, recruiting skill( would be a good NCAA addition), etc...

Quote Originally Posted by zacattak View Post
    Thanks, i didnt know this site existed until i was looking for the features to the new updated NCAA game. All the sites are blocked at work, and i ran across this one.

I have something else to add to my last statement i made before you replied.

What about the ability to go up and down in all recruitment catagories. Academics, Coach and Conference Presige(usually accurate), Fan base? (never has a chance to increase or decrease( goes with stadium upgrades, along with workout facilities etc.) i think you get what im saying. just someother ideas i have. and what about a style of play where you start off as a new coach, at a bad school(possibly d2), and you have to earn your way to a better program, by winning games, recruiting skill( would be a good NCAA addition), etc...
    Your last idea is basically what you do on College Hoops 2K8. Which is really the best and only way to do a "coaching" career mode IMO. But in order for that to be real successful, we need a coaching carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    Your last idea is basically what you do on College Hoops 2K8. Which is really the best and only way to do a "coaching" career mode IMO. But in order for that to be real successful, we need a coaching carousel.
    Agreed, Maybe it will eventually happen. Im tired of naming all the coaches. Not to mention they never get fired... ironic...

I dont remember trying to do it this past year..?

can you put an athlete at multiple offensive and defensive positions ? i know people complain about people putting players in unrealistic positions but college still has an -Ironman/men- old school appeal and I would want an all everything player to use like the 1940s and such .

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    I dont remember trying to do it this past year..?

can you put an athlete at multiple offensive and defensive positions ? i know people complain about people putting players in unrealistic positions but college still has an -Ironman/men- old school appeal and I would want an all everything player to use like the 1940s and such .
    No you can't. But you're right. And there's still plenty of players that play multiple positions. Owen Marecic of Stanford played something like 85 or 90% of all snaps last season. I know there were several others that played multiples.

No you can't. But you're right. And there's still plenty of players that play multiple positions. Owen Marecic of Stanford played something like 85 or 90% of all snaps last season. I know there were several others that played multiples.
    Oh yes, Owen Marecic. I will never forget that Notre Dame-Stanford game. Scored a touchdown as the fullback, then a mere 13 seconds later, returned an interception for a touchdown. That was incredible to watch on TV.

No you can't. But you're right. And there's still plenty of players that play multiple positions.
    "Plenty" isn't the word I would use. I'd go for "some". Charles Woodson, Chris Gamble, and Champ Bailey are really the only ones beside Owen Marecic to do it a a high level.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud