Thread: Nintendo Switch

• Facebook
  • Display

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    When you subscribe to the Online Service (Price TBD) you get one free NES or SNES game a month. After that month you lose access to it and have to buy it.

Also online voice chat/lobbies will be handled through an an app you download to a phone. 2017 and it is not built into the system?

This is rivaling the stupidity that Microsoft was blasting out when the Xbox One was revealed.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    When you subscribe to the Online Service (Price TBD) you get one free NES or SNES game a month. After that month you lose access to it and have to buy it.

Also online voice chat/lobbies will be handled through an an app you download to a phone. 2017 and it is not built into the system?

This is rivaling the stupidity that Microsoft was blasting out when the Xbox One was revealed.
    It's a portable system. Why wouldn't it make sense to have all of that built into your always connected to the internet cellphone? Makes it where you don't have to be in wifi to be able to play with people nearby and such. Also makes it where it's not a slave to the damn cellphone companies to pay an extra 40-50$ a month for 4G capabilities and shit.

Also, it's going to be NES and SNES classic games. Having the limited time access makes sense because if you don't play it in that month, you're not going to play it anyway. Most of those games take an hour or two to beat anyway. Sure, it's not ideal, but it's still free with the subscription, which you're going to want anyway to be able to play online and such.

And, for the record, I have preordered one. Knew I was going to preorder it well before the event the other night. The portability of something as powerful as it is AMAZING and the amount of technology built into the controllers is ridiculous. I'll gladly spend my $300 on it in a month and a half.