Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Tom Clancy's The Division (PS4, XB1)

• Facebook
  • Display
    It's probably just my connection. Only once or twice when I had an issue did I see others online mentioning sever issues as well.

The first of two free expansions for The Division, titled Incursions, has been confirmed for arrival on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC on April 12. Revealed in depth during today’s community livestream, Incursions adds a new endgame activity specifically designed for squad play, and rewards teams that come out victorious with high-level loot. Incursions also brings a loot-trading feature, letting you swap items with your squadmates.

The first Incursion, titled Falcon Lost, is set in a completely new, underground water-treatment facility that’s been turned into a stronghold for the Last Man Battalion. The Incursions update also includes the following changes and additions:

• New gear is a vital centerpiece of Incursions, which introduces four rare gear sets: Sentry’s Call, Striker’s Battle Gear, Path of the Nomad, and Technician’s Authority. Each set is meant to bolster a specific play style; Sentry’s Call promotes consistent precision, Striker’s Battle Gear is for assault-focused players, and so on. Finding and equipping four pieces from a single set unlocks a new, never-before-seen talent for your Agent, which the developers aren’t revealing yet.
    Gear Sets

• Agent level is still capped at 30, but your gear score can boost your abilities beyond your level, and are touted as a new way of leveling up for top-level players.

• Loot trading is now possible; if you get good loot, you can now drop it on the ground and make it available to other players in your group. In the Dark Zone, you can only drop loot inside the Dark Zone gate.

• Assignments are new tasks – killing 10 Cleaners, for example – that are meant as brief, optional side goals that update daily and can earn you Phoenix Credits, Division tech, and other rewards.

• Supply drops will periodically fall from the sky in the Dark Zone, giving you and other groups something to battle over. They’re also protected by tough enemies, but the loot doesn’t need to be extracted, as it’s uncontaminated, and can’t be stolen once acquired.

• When your Agent dies, you can now camera-follow your teammates, seeing what they see and offering tactical support.

• Falcon Lost has two difficulties: Hard mode, which is recommended for players whose gear score is equivalent to level 31; and challenge mode, which is even tougher. Also, there aren’t any checkpoints in Falcon Lost; if your team goes down, you’ll have to restart from the beginning. Additionally, you can replay Falcon Lost and other upcoming Incursions as many times as you want and still be rewarded with new loot.

• Enemies can now employ drones, aerial enemies that will be tricky to hit. You’ll also be pitted against an armored personnel carrier, which acts as a boss and is impervious to bullets, forcing you to find another way to deal with it.

Drones

Incursions will later be followed by another free update, Conflict, which adds a special incursion into New York’s Columbus Circle, as well as new Dark Zone features. Additionally, three paid DLC expansions are planned throughout the year – Underground, Survival, and Last Stand – which introduce new areas and threats to The Division’s open-world New York. Xbox One players will have 30-day exclusive early access to Underground and Survival, although Incursions, Conflict, and Last Stand will debut on all platforms simultaneously.

Interesting how more are playing solo than co-op. And that's a lot of jumping jacks

The dude abides.

I'll play solo for regular PVE stuff, but I always team up for challenge missions and I almost never go into the Dark Zone without at least one friend with me. Luckily been running with two or three friends the past week so we're well armed in case we come across any rogues or other non-friendly agents.

I always go solo in the Dark Zone

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

I don't, just because I usually get a couple golds every night and I sure as hell ain't trying to extract them by myself. Of course that changes now since every boss gives golds now.

Plus the group I roll in the DZ with roams between DZ03 and DZ06. Not too many options for going solo up in those areas with the strength of the NPCs.

That, and for the past week, it's Rogue-Palooza. Multiple groups of rogues harassing the entire server every night. So if you want to do any rogue hunting and stay alive, you need teammates as you'll just get violated going three or four on one.

Of course, I also have a shit ton of friends that I've added in Xbox One over the past month from both OS and just randoms I've encountered, so every single night I'm constantly being invited into groups or my group joined by friends. Most night it's at a bare minimum a three man group, usually four and sometimes 5. Hell, there's been multiple occasions in the last two weeks were we were able to put together an 8 man group by getting both four man teams into the same instance of the DZ. It usually took multiple attempts as the server would always end up full by the time we hit 6 or 7, but eventually we would get it done and roll with a mega group.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 04-12-2016 at 07:59 AM.

Noticed something different in the Dark Zone tonight. The cases that were previously for DZ level 30, I'm able to open as a level 25, now 26. It was that way from DZ01 to DZ03.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

I played for basically 9 hours straight last night. Got sooooo much stuff from DZ and went from just short of DZ level 40 to almost 48.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    I played for basically 9 hours straight last night. Got sooooo much stuff from DZ and went from just short of DZ level 40 to almost 48.

I did the same thing yesterday ran into some douches though so I didn't level up much just to 27 in the DZ.
    The dude abides.

I've had pretty good experience running solo in DZ most of the time. Yet, yesterday, another solo guy screwed me at extraction. Lit me up at the rope and stole my stuff. Dick. Saw him shortly later but couldn't kill him.

I've had pretty good experience running solo in DZ most of the time. Yet, yesterday, another solo guy screwed me at extraction. Lit me up at the rope and stole my stuff. Dick. Saw him shortly later but couldn't kill him.

Yeah I run solo and usually get things extracted, but there are always some instances where I don't and that's just part of the game, but came across a new one last night. The fucker invited me to their group and at extraction booted me then killed me.
    The dude abides.

Thus why I only run the DZ with friends. And if we do team up with a random, like a friend and I did last week, we have two of us if he tries to pull any shit.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Thus why I only run the DZ with friends. And if we do team up with a random, like a friend and I did last week, we have two of us if he tries to pull any shit.
    Or you can be a man and figure out ways to avoid them to me it's part of the game and I extract a LOT more than I lose by myself.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yeah I run solo and usually get things extracted, but there are always some instances where I don't and that's just part of the game, but came across a new one last night. The fucker invited me to their group and at extraction booted me then killed me.
    ROFL.....sooooo....the other night I had a couple randoms ask me to group up. They were playing all good, no worries, we were getting a load of loot and mainly staying away from other groups. It was a guy older than college and then some kid, who was chattering away and being a bit annoying, but not too bad. My buddy joins up a bit later, so we're rolling 4 now and just smoking everything. Kid says he has to go to bed soon, but wants to do one more extraction, and he ends up getting some high-end gloves that he's pretty geeked about........we get to extraction and the kid is saying goodbye. The random guy boots him from the group, smokes him, and takes the gloves. He said the kid just said, "Woooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww................... ." in the longest way.
    It was brutal, as the guy was telling my friend and I that he'd been grouped with the kid for well over an hour.

And it was pretty damn funny too if it doesn't happen to you....

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Or you can be a man and figure out ways to avoid them to me it's part of the game and I extract a LOT more than I lose by myself.
    That's what I've been doing when no friends have been on. Go up to DZ03 or higher and just tough it out, as most of the people wanting to be rogue or screw over solos seem to hang out in DZ01 and 02. Not that I've played a ton to have seen differently.

That's what I've been doing when no friends have been on. Go up to DZ03 or higher and just tough it out, as most of the people wanting to be rogue or screw over solos seem to hang out in DZ01 and 02. Not that I've played a ton to have seen differently.
    Yep, problem is the extraction point at DZ03 is such a bitch.

My favorite is on top of the garage in DZ02, typically you can outsmart the NPC by hiding in the trailer after calling for the chopper.

I haven't ventured to and past DZ04 much yet. I tried to go Rambo and grab the supply drop, but I was 19 and the NPC were 23, and they mowed me down quick.

Right now I'm 22 in game and 27 in the DZ.
    The dude abides.

My preferred spots are the garage top in DZ04, one of the two in DZ05 (forget which one off the top of my head) and especially DZ06 since it's a nice isolated rooftop extraction, you can watch the streets and generally have advance warning of anyone coming.

Played a ton of Dead Zone last night, and saw ONE person the entire time between DZ03 and DZ05. I'm 24 in-game and 29 in the DZ now for levels.

As a 24, I can fight the purple level 27's but it's still tough. I did creep over to DZ05 last night into the contaminated area to open some goody boxes. Got a SWEET piece of armor that was rated in the 530's. I'm going to grind up to level 30 in the DZ then work on getting to 30 in-game, then probably try for some trophies for the plat. Gotta do some co-op stuff to get that though.
    The dude abides.

I need just two more achievements for it on the One. Use your signature skill (LB+RB) 100 times and kill 20 rogues. Already took care of everything else. Pretty easy achievement/trophy list all things considered.

Smooth, those are the ones I still have to do along with the one for extracting from all 8 spots.

We grabbed a couple supply drops up in 5 and 6, and there was nobody around. I'm up to rank 51 now. Got a couple green gear set items equipped now, just three total so far.