Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 12 Cover Athlete Voted on by the Fans - Winner: Peyton Hillis

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    On Vick's play? :rolleyes:

You've got to be kidding me.

His stats were absolutely nothing special compared to Rogers, and Hillis most definitely deserves to be in the race.

His stats?

His 1177 yards is only the second most by a Cleveland Brown in a season since 2007 when Jamal Lewis had that ridiculous 1304 yard season but he's the 3rd most by a Brown RB since 1983 when Mike Pruitt had 1184 yards.

His 11 TDs is the most by a Cleveland Brown RB in a season since Leroy Kelly has 16 in 1968. Yup, you read that right, first Cleveland Brown RB to have more than 10 rushing TDs in a season in 43 years. I'd say that's a means for celebrating his abilities, don't you?
    Yep..Vick had a very solid and exciting season. Led his team to the playoffs but lost to the Super Bowl Champion. Kolb wouldn't have led that same team to the playoffs. Hillis did no such thing. I said my vote was for Rodgers this entire competition BUT since he is no longer in the running for it, my vote is for Vick. This isn't a moral competition or better person contest, it is for the cover of a video game. I am not disgusted by or hold any anger towards the man. He served his time so it doesn't bother me.

And since we're on stats.

Vick threw for more yardage than any other part of his career with 3,018, more throwing TD's with 21, higher completion percentage 62.6% and ran for more TD's with 9. He also had the 4th highest QB rating..only behind Rodgers, Rivers and Brady. All of this while playing only 12 games this past season.

But if it were only about stats then Brady (if he were in it) or Rivers would have ran away with the thing. Unfortunately this is a popularity contest thus the reason we are where we're at now.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Well, obviously it's a popularity contest. That was completely obvious from the beginning.

I was simply pointing out, going by what they did (getting a player from each team) Hillis was most definitely deserving of being the Browns representation.

I really dont think EA is suprised or worried about this.

Last year, the choice was a couple players or 3 or what ever? This year they decided to represent the NFL as a whole to the fans
    And they decided who the popular names by region would be. They arent worried about a PR nightmare with Vick.
    If they were, they would have used the WR/PR whos name I forget?

I'd rather see Hillis win but I really don't care.

From Darren Rovell:

Sources: If vote ended today, Peyton Hillis would be on the cover of Madden '12. Cover will be announced Wednesday.

In a way I want Hillis on the cover, but deep down a part of me wants Vick to repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    From Darren Rovell:
    Yeah figured he would get the majority of vote because who is going up against. Contest was a joke to begin with

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Yeah figured he would get the majority of vote because who is going up against. Contest was a joke to begin with
    How was it a joke to begin with? Internet popularity contests NEVER go the way that people/companies think they'll go. That's what's great about the internet; it's incredibly unpredictable.

It was a joke because guys like Danny Woodhead, Tim Tebow and Steve Johnson were even in the contest. It should have been only candidates likely to win. Popularity contests are a joke, hell Hillis isn't even popular IMO.

Favre
    Fitzgerald
    Polamalu
    Brees
    Hillis?

I REALLY wish the 12th man had won. Best. Cover. Ever.

It was a joke because guys like Danny Woodhead, Tim Tebow and Steve Johnson were even in the contest. It should have been only candidates likely to win. Popularity contests are a joke, hell Hillis isn't even popular IMO.

Favre
    Fitzgerald
    Polamalu
    Brees
    Hillis?
    So what? I mean, really, what does the cover for the game even mean anymore? Absolutely nothing. It's all a publicity stunt by EA to drive up interest in the game by giving fans for all of the teams a reason to keep talking about the game well before it is scheduled to come out.

And guess what? It's worked marvelously. I couldn't possibly care any less about it, yet I paid attention to it because of my hate for the criminal. Hell, they couldn't have planned it any better and probably had a good feeling that the criminal was going to get far anyway because of how retarded casual Madden fans are for him (for some ungodly reason).

Great marketing plan if you ask me.

Hillis isn't even popular
    Wha???

He's only the greatest Cleveland back in the last 30 years! That's a list that inludes:....wait a minute! Yeah! Who the hell is Peyton Hillis again?

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    So what? I mean, really, what does the cover for the game even mean anymore?
    Not a damn thing really other than the player chosen has been a marque player in the Super Bowl the prior year (last 2 covers). All in all though it means nothing and that is why it doesn't matter who wins it. I don't even look at the case after I buy the game.

I do think a features or gameplay additions tourney would have been better but that could have actually ended terribly. I can see it now, Madden cards would have won over actual gameplay fixes like improved zone coverage, etc

Rest easy PETA fans... the boy from Conway, AR is on the cover of Madden NFL 12.

Congrats to Hillis, though in my opinion he is in no way deserving of the cover.

....I wonder which Bengal will be on the cover next year ......?

I disagree, As Breese brought so much to New Orleans lasy year on the super bowl vistory.(i think it should have been Breese and Peyton on the cover). Hillis has brought alot to a struggling Browns Team. Look at that division alone. by far the toughest for an offense(Steelers and Ravens) i dont think any other Division has 2 top 5 defenses. Hillis was a work horse last year. on a team with a good O line yes, but not so great QB play. Teams knew they were running alot. not to mention Hillis had those numbers in what 12 games?

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Congrats to Hillis, though in my opinion he is in no way deserving of the cover.
    Actually, I disagree. He is symbolic of what NFL athletes should be. He works hard game in and game out. He's not a superstar who thinks he's bigger than the team or bigger than the league. He goes out and let's his gameplay trash talk for him. Plus, he comes closest to the everyday working man comparison... overall an excellent choice.

Not everyone in the league thinks that way or doesn't work hard. Hell if it were up to that Peyton Manning would win it by a landslide.

The entire state of Ohio voted for him, then all of the Vick haters in world voted for him and other Cleveland fans.

May be a collector's item for Browns fans though.

Oh well its finally over and no one has to boycott the game lol

I like Hillis and from what I have read/seen out of him he seems like a good guy. Now that Vick is not on the cover, EA just needs to convince me that Madden is worth $60.