Thread: Smooth Pancakes' Coaching Carousel Career

• Facebook
  • Display

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by texacotea View Post
    yes, establish the run and then PA will open up. Def had it happen a couple times this past yr. And if Christian can throw for 10 tds then Uncle Rico wouldnt have a prob at all
    Oh, I've had no problem establishing the run. The run has been my savior for actually getting more than 4 or 5 first downs a game. Though I do need to try more PA. I haven't done it very often, so I'll need to start working that into my offensive scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by strattjw View Post
    I think it was the right decision to move to an offline dynasty. Since you are going to put 10+ seasons into the dynasty it really is an easy decision to make. Repeating 3 games is a small price to pay for putting up with a CC that you won't be happy with.

I opted to go with an offline dysnasty instead of online for the same reason. Just not happy with how CC turned out in online dynasty.
    Yeah, when I discovered exactly what Coaching Carousel is like in Online Dynasty, that just completely killed my joy. I understand they have to have it set up a certain way due to multiple people having to go through it all, but if anything, at least when doing it as a single player online dynasty, they should have had it coded in there somewhere where it would go through the full CC like in offline.

But I agree, Repeating 3 games is definitely a small price to pay. I would have been supremely pissed if I had played an entire season and then got to CC and found out what it was like. I would have thrown my controller in just plain disappointed anger/rage at that point.

I'm at least going to intentionally throw the Louisville and UCF games, even if I end up playing better and have a chance to win them. I already lost to them officially in the OD at the time, so I'm making sure my record remains at best 1-2. North Texas is going to be the wild card game for my record. If I beat them in the offline dynasty game, then I'll leave my record at 1-2. If I lose to them in that rematch, then I'm going to take the loss and drop my record to 0-3. So the best I'll be is 1-2 with the NT win and the Louisville/UCF losses. The worst I'll be is 0-3 with NT moving from a win to a loss.

Just a way for me to keep things fair in the overall season, so I can't sit there replaying those three games, get lucky, and go "oh, look! I'm now 3-0!", lol.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Oh, I've had no problem establishing the run. The run has been my savior for actually getting more than 4 or 5 first downs a game. Though I do need to try more PA. I haven't done it very often, so I'll need to start working that into my offensive scheme.
    Couple of things to help you with your PA passing (since I used to be nothing but a undercenter Pro style offense kind of guy and basically never used Shotgun before '10):

Whatever hand your QB throws the ball with, is always the way you want the QB to roll out from the PA. doing opposite of that will result in a sack like 75% of the time, at the least. The amount of time it takes your guy to turn from faking the ball to being set and ready to throw the ball in the opposite side of his handness is increased 2.5 times compared to doing a fake and roll out toward the side that his handness is.

When doing a PA pass, ALWAYS slide the offense line toward opposite direction of where the run is being faked (so toward the direction that the QB is rolling out). It might sometimes result in a free blitzer, but, 99 out of 100, it helps TREMENDOUSLY with pass protection for PA passes. The defense is usually going to collapse toward the runner instead of immediately coming at the QB, which, usually results in them getting tangled up on the offensive lineman because of the sliding of them away from that side.

Try to not use PA passes that have the runner you are faking the ball to actually go out for a pass instead of staying in to block after the fake. It seems to result in a sack more often from PA passes of those types than ones that have the faked runner staying in to block.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Couple of things to help you with your PA passing (since I used to be nothing but a undercenter Pro style offense kind of guy and basically never used Shotgun before '10):

Whatever hand your QB throws the ball with, is always the way you want the QB to roll out from the PA. doing opposite of that will result in a sack like 75% of the time, at the least. The amount of time it takes your guy to turn from faking the ball to being set and ready to throw the ball in the opposite side of his handness is increased 2.5 times compared to doing a fake and roll out toward the side that his handness is.

When doing a PA pass, ALWAYS slide the offense line toward opposite direction of where the run is being faked (so toward the direction that the QB is rolling out). It might sometimes result in a free blitzer, but, 99 out of 100, it helps TREMENDOUSLY with pass protection for PA passes. The defense is usually going to collapse toward the runner instead of immediately coming at the QB, which, usually results in them getting tangled up on the offensive lineman because of the sliding of them away from that side.

Try to not use PA passes that have the runner you are faking the ball to actually go out for a pass instead of staying in to block after the fake. It seems to result in a sack more often from PA passes of those types than ones that have the faked runner staying in to block.
    Nice. Appreciate the tips guys. I'm heading into my North Texas rematch right now, so I'm going to definitely include this tips into my offense here.