Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Thoughts & General Impressions Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    I have been trying to unlock all the prototype clubs and I should have that very soon. Need to win Masters with Nike Ball and Clubs. I also need a hole in one yet. Hoping to get that all done in the week of the masters. I'm starting a new season and I have been ranked #1 for 213 weeks LOL (started playing 1 round last season just to get through this part).

Then I have to finish up master moments I have 4 of the 9 done (the easiest ones so far). I do only have 32 of the 44 pins unlocked so that is going to take me a little bit of work to get done to.

Smooth how in the world did you complete the Top 10 Online finish? Maybe I'm missing something somewhere but I get drilled in this area. I have tried twice but haven't even sniffed the top 50 yet in a tourney. How does the ties work for an online tourney?
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    My problem with prototypes is I started wtih Nike and am going to work backwards.

What are you talking about on online top 10 Snoop? There are pins for playing and winning 10 online games.

(speaking of which we need to whore these some time)
    Yeah, it's for playing and winning 10 online games. I have a friend who plays TW12 now and then, so we like to go head to head in some rounds, as well as play some mini-games and such. That was actually a pin that I knocked out probably within a month of the game coming out.

Yeah 3-hole mini games would work to whore those trophies out.

I think last year there was a trophy for top 50 in a Live Tourney. As long as you played early enough, it was easy to get because you didn't have to finish the day in the top 50, you just had to be in the top 50 when you played.

Yeah 3-hole mini games would work to whore those trophies out.

I think last year there was a trophy for top 50 in a Live Tourney. As long as you played early enough, it was easy to get because you didn't have to finish the day in the top 50, you just had to be in the top 50 when you played.
    I'm really going to start pushing (like I haven't been) to get this all done before I get NCAA 12. Once I get that, all other games will be in trouble for a very long time.

I'm really going to start pushing (like I haven't been) to get this all done before I get NCAA 12. Once I get that, all other games will be in trouble for a very long time.
    I know it's going to take me a long time....I'm still 23 aces short.

About the only thing I wanted to do was reach level 4 on my Nike sponser. I may one day do the Master moments. I know I did Phil's a while back just messing around. Was able to do it but I didn't master it I don't think.

I know it's going to take me a long time....I'm still 23 aces short.
    Yea me too, that could be the buzz killer for me reaching before NCAA drops.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    About the only thing I wanted to do was reach level 4 on my Nike sponser. I may one day do the Master moments. I know I did Phil's a while back just messing around. Was able to do it but I didn't master it I don't think.
    I passed them all but have only mastered one or two.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    I passed them all but have only mastered one or two.
    weak

weak
    yeah I only ran through them once. Need to put some more time in

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    yeah I only ran through them once. Need to put some more time in
    Yeah the double eagle took me 30 mins to master....the chip probably 15, both on amateur. Phil's shot I just can't get the right mix to consistantly get close. Thank god you don't have to hole that fucker out.

Yeah the double eagle took me 30 mins to master....the chip probably 15, both on amateur. Phil's shot I just can't get the right mix to consistantly get close. Thank god you don't have to hole that fucker out.
    Hmm maybe I should try on amateur I have been doing this all on tour pro.

Hmm maybe I should try on amateur I have been doing this all on tour pro.
    Oh god yes....

That's the only way you're going to be able to platinum this game without a) pulling your hair out b) murdering your controller c) murdering someone else.

Oh god yes....

That's the only way you're going to be able to platinum this game without a) pulling your hair out b) murdering your controller c) murdering someone else.
    I tried on amateur for an hour, probably even two, trying to get that double eagle, and I still can't get it. I have come close loads of times, getting within a foot or two, but that's about once every 20 tries it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I tried on amateur for an hour, probably even two, trying to get that double eagle, and I still can't get it. I have come close loads of times, getting within a foot or two, but that's about once every 20 tries it seems.
    The key is to land it short and use spin to roll it to the pin. There is no way in hell you're going to be able to get backspin to work to your advantage.

The key is to land it short and use spin to roll it to the pin. There is no way in hell you're going to be able to get backspin to work to your advantage.
    Oh trust me, I've learned that well in my many tries. I try to keep it short, but I either end up too short and hit the side of the ridge and roll into the water, or do make it onto the green, but even with tons of spin, it doesn't make it far enough to the hole. Or else I do drop it on the green short, but then it rolls just barely to the side of the hole. I can't even begin to count the times the ball has spun off to the side, missing the hole by less than a foot to the left or right of the hole.

YES!!!! Mastered all of the Masters Moments!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

lol I finally started that up. Mastered two so far.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    lol I finally started that up. Mastered two so far.
    Everyone is having a hard time with the double eagle. I got that in about 30 mins....getting Phil's 2009 shot from the pine straw from 200+ out 4 feet from the cup was the one that took me the longest....I probably put in a good couple hours into it...I hit the pin a couple times but it would bounce beyond 4 feet .... but FINALLY nailed it 11 inches from the hole last night. There's not a trophy for it, but it's a pin.

I forgot i even bought this game.

Ok, here's on of my big gripes about the game. This isn't exactly what happened, but I tried to recreate it and it's close.

So Par 3, no wind really and the caddy give me this shot. There's a bunker right off of the green in the lower right hand corner.

So with little wind I figured I would try and go right at the pin and use draw to see if I can get it closer so I line my shot up like this

So I hit it dead online, I did miss the percentage and only hit it 99% and it splashes way short and in the front of the bunker.

I don't understand how the shot was off so much. I understand my ratings aren't very high but when you hit it deadon you shouldn't miss like this.

Actually in my 1st attempt at this hole that had me livid and made me redo it to show I actually hit it 100% and it ended up to the right of the bunker.