Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Sliders

• Facebook
  • Display
    I know another OD that's on Heisman, and the major difference I've heard is that the rushing game is even more powerful on the default Heisman sliders.

FYI Snoop, to use an OD with your second account, you'll also have to sign up for an EA account with the second account. That's the only reason I haven't started ODs with my second account yet.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    Updated:
    Spoiler: show

Gameplay Options:
    Skill: All-American
    Quarter Length: 8 min
    Game Speed: Fast
    Player Min Speed Treshold: 0

Game Rules:
    Offsides: 70
    False Start: 70
    Holding: 50
    Facemask: 40
    Offensive PI: 70
    Defensive PI: 70
    KR/PR Interference: 90
    Clipping: 50
    Intentional Grounding: 100
    Roughing the Passwe: 80
    Roughing the Kicker: 85

Custom AI: (HUM/CPU)
    QB Accuracy: 35/30
    Pass Blocking: 40/35
    WR Catching: 40/40
    RB Ability: 40/50
    Run Blocking: 55/40
    Pass Coverage: 50/50
    Pass Rush: 60/55
    Intercpetions: 35/35
    Rush Defense: 35/40
    Tackling: 45/35
    FG Power: 5/20
    FG Accuracy: 20/55
    Punt Power: 30/50
    Punt Accuracy: 35/55
    Kickoff Power: 30/30
    Just played a half vs the CPU with these...

Chose the two teams because South Carolina is very similar to my team, especially on offense and Florida is right around the OVR of the best CPU teams I would expect to face. Overall though, I liked the feel, but CPU just couldn't make any plays and my team couldn't be stopped. I think part of it is playcalling, the other part maybe decision making... neither of which we'll be able to fix with sliders. I'm starting to believe that we'll struggle to find a good set of sliders that challenge us but at the same time doesn't cheat us.

That's my 2 cents.

Just FYI, I haven't tried either Guru's or Oneback's heisman slider sets but plan to over the next day or two.

Just for what it's worth ... when I was testing sliders the other day, I didn't adjust from our normal sliders, except for the Game Speed. When I put it on High or Very High, the CPU moved the ball on me pretty bad. That could have been because I was using a different defense, dunno. But I had a very different experience than those of you that are shutting out the CPU.

I played Cal @ Stanford, with me being Cal.

Guys, let's get some more input on this so we can move forward.

ive tried another set of heisman sliders (other than my own) where i played with rutgers vs nc state... i took out all of my injured players to recreate the exact game situation that i had in mid-tier... and using the depth chart with all my "injuries" i was down 24-0 at one point, and barely came back to win by 3 it played as well as my sliders and my numbers werent out of this world, but were stout for what i was working with...

it was TKO27's sliders, i tweaked them a tiny tiny tiny bit, and man it was a battle, but it SHOULD HAVE BEEN with me relying on my #3/#4 RB's, not having my top WR, and using my less mobile QB... i actually liked them better than mine as i played several different games with this same setup rutgers vs nc state, and had the same results each time, struggles, but managed to overcome with a high powered offense... one thing i liked about them better than mine, was playing on "FAST" with 5 threshold... and i dropped the CPU pass coverage to 90-95 and the coverage was enough to slow down my passing game which, is a tough thing to do vs the CPU... it just moved well...

i would HUMBLY suggest that we take some time this weekend, and work these sliders with a few adjustments and see what everyone thinks...

"E"

and from what i can recall the run game from the CPU or myself wasnt too over-powered...

"E"

Quote Originally Posted by xGRIDIRONxGURUx View Post
    and from what i can recall the run game from the CPU or myself wasnt too over-powered...

"E"
    E, the comments I was talking about were from users running User/User games on Heisman ODs. Those would have been using default Heisman sliders.

Also, he's referring to the Heisman sliders in this post: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...eisman-Sliders

yeah sorry didnt link them, but i figured everyone could just go to that section and look them up lol... i ran the game speed at fast, changed pass coverage to 95, and a couple of other tweaks...

"E"

yeah sorry didnt link them, but i figured everyone could just go to that section and look them up lol...
    No problem. I just did a quick Google to check what site they were on. I wasn't immediately familiar with the username.

Well, I definitely agree they would need to be tweaked. I've played one quarter and I'm up 24-0 on UNC with Troy. Now, I've only been playing offense (super sim defense), but still. I'm using TKO27's default sliders because I forgot Guru had said he tweaked them. I'll try tweaking them now and see if it improves as the game goes along.

Here are the new one's:

Gameplay Options:
    Skill: All-American
    Quarter Length: 8 min
    Game Speed: Fast
    Player Min Speed Treshold: 0

Game Rules:
    Offsides: 70
    False Start: 70
    Holding: 50
    Facemask: 40
    Offensive PI: 70
    Defensive PI: 70
    KR/PR Interference: 90
    Clipping: 50
    Intentional Grounding: 100
    Roughing the Passwe: 80
    Roughing the Kicker: 85

Custom AI: (HUM/CPU)
    QB Accuracy: 35/40
    Pass Blocking: 40/35
    WR Catching: 45/45
    RB Ability: 40/50
    Run Blocking: 55/55
    Pass Coverage: 50/50
    Pass Rush: 60/55
    Intercpetions: 35/35
    Rush Defense: 35/40
    Tackling: 45/35
    FG Power: 5/20
    FG Accuracy: 20/55
    Punt Power: 30/50
    Punt Accuracy: 35/55
    Kickoff Power: 30/30

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Well, I definitely agree they would need to be tweaked. I've played one quarter and I'm up 24-0 on UNC with Troy.
    Was 11/13 at this point, ended the game 27/34 with 2 TDs. Scored 27 points offensively (had a fumble and punt return for 2 other TDs), which is definitely more than I would have expected given Guru's post about his experience.

yeah but you have to remember i was removing my QB i was starting, 2 top RB's that are injured and my top WR that also is injured... so i was playing HEAVY underdog on offense... im going to try OB's listed new sliders tonight... see how they feel...

"E"

Just so you know they are pretty much the same for the human offense as I am overall pretty happy with them. I think at this point it is more on the CPU Defensive AI and the plays they are calling. With these sliders I am trying to make the CPU offense at least put up a fight, they probably need a little more tuning but I didn't want to go over board.

yeah but you have to remember i was removing my QB i was starting, 2 top RB's that are injured and my top WR that also is injured... so i was playing HEAVY underdog on offense...
    You think Troy versus an A ranked defense isn't a heavy underdog?

it is, but i would almost say that my guys were rated lower than troy's starters? lol

i can move the ball on Bama with WKU and get 400 yards or more... what im interested in is SUPER SUPER TIGHT pass coverage, and a charged up CPU offense... if i am facing that, then i have a good battle on my hands...

"E"

Yeah, I left Pass Coverage at 100 even though you moved it down to 95. But even then, there was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too much open holes. I'm willing to agree with Oneback that at this point I think it's all about the AI playcalls. Too much zone, too little man.

The hardest thing to balance in sliders is the fact that you will never get them to be perfect as the CPU just does not have the capability to call plays like a human. That said not all humans are on the same level so to make the CPU give you a serious challange Guru would make it unplayable for others.

What I try to do in creating sliders, especially in an OD is to make the feel as realisitc as possible while giving the CPU a slight advantage. If the CPU were to have the ability to call a game/move players as a human opponent would it would make my job a lot easier.

As it is right now I can only hope that CPU games will be enough of a challenge when playing an equally talented team that the game is not a pain to play and every now and then the CPU may steal a game from a user. The user v. user games would be the ones that would make the difference in your season which is why in the past I have required a minimum amount of user v. user games or put us all in the same conference.

Even here this year while being spread out we still have to fight through user games (typically the better teams in the conference) so in the end its a little more realistic.

@OB... i agree and get your point, and im sure when i get to try these sliders out today they will be better...

@Jeff... i dropped it from 100 to 95 because i saw this happen twice... called slants with a seam on the inside from twins, the CB on the inside of the Dime dropped in man, and so i went to throw the slant, and watched the CB on the outside actually take 3 steps and slide inside before my guy made his cut on the slant... i just thought telepathic coverage was just a bit TOO much... =)

"E"

Are any of you recording your games with these sliders? Might be a good idea and post them and we can all look at different things on different plays.