Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: NBA 2K14 Thread (PS4 & XB1)

• Facebook
  • Display
    I was able to 'retry' the upload and it looks like everything is fine.

I guess I'm still on edge from that week when the 2k servers made the game unplayable + the issues that SC was having.

Finally got to play some and finally after three full seasons won the NBA title

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Finally got to play some and finally after three full seasons won the NBA title
    Damn dude you are loggin' in a TON of 2K14

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Damn dude you are loggin' in a TON of 2K14
    I was until the pre patch 4 issues. Going to have to park it now for a bit.

I was until the pre patch 4 issues. Going to have to park it now for a bit.
    I haven't played much at all since the servers went to crap what feels like a month + back now.

I don't know how you even play it. I've been trying to get 99 stars on My Team Domination and the AI is the cheapest thing I've ever seen. Every single loose ball goes to the CPU. I've had players on my team randomly run out of bounds as I'm about to pass them the ball. I've had passes 15 feet down court get overthrown right to the CPU. Add to that the enormous amount of missed layups (basically, if there's a defender there, it's going to be a miss) and I've just about reached my end. I say it every year, but I truly don't see how this game consistently gets the high scores it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I don't know how you even play it. I've been trying to get 99 stars on My Team Domination and the AI is the cheapest thing I've ever seen. Every single loose ball goes to the CPU. I've had players on my team randomly run out of bounds as I'm about to pass them the ball. I've had passes 15 feet down court get overthrown right to the CPU. Add to that the enormous amount of missed layups (basically, if there's a defender there, it's going to be a miss) and I've just about reached my end. I say it every year, but I truly don't see how this game consistently gets the high scores it gets.
    A mix of 2K fanboys and NBA 2K always had some big positives, and after the NBA Live debacle the last couple years, that everyone seems to ignore the VERY glaring negatives and prevail it as the greatest game ever made every year.

I have only played mycareer mode and while I see some minor issues such as way to much goal tending I have played this a lot because I enjoy it.....pure and simple the fun factor. I think I played 2k12 for a week, maybe 20 games. I just enjoy this one

I have only played mycareer mode and while I see some minor issues such as way to much goal tending I have played this a lot because I enjoy it.....pure and simple the fun factor. I think I played 2k12 for a week, maybe 20 games. I just enjoy this one
    How do you get your team to come out with loose balls? If a ball is going out of bounds and it's saved, CPU gets it virtually every time. Same thing with tipped passes. Same thing with offensive rebounds. That and the constantly missed layups are the things that just drive me absolutely insane with the game. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, because I've had this same problem for the last 3 or 4 games.

How do you get your team to come out with loose balls? If a ball is going out of bounds and it's saved, CPU gets it virtually every time. Same thing with tipped passes. Same thing with offensive rebounds. That and the constantly missed layups are the things that just drive me absolutely insane with the game. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, because I've had this same problem for the last 3 or 4 games.
    My front three get rebounds on O and D. I get some and lose some on the ball going out but saved. Tipped passes are the same, win some lose some. I see missed layups from time to time when "contested".

These random events rely heavily on player awareness. I noticed that when I had a young team, pretty much all 1-3 year players I was having the issues that you were having. It seemed like my players were brain dead. When playing with some older players on my team, I noticed that those problems were pretty much gone. I used the same sliders and settings, and was on the same patch number playing MyGM. It was like night and day when I had some veterans with more awareness on my team.

Hadn't played this in a while. Is anyone else having the audio get completely muted randomly then it comes back a few seconds later?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU.
    The dude abides.

Nope, play it daily.

Edit: There may be an issue with this on the PS4, I seem to recall it being mentioned over at OS.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 03-10-2014 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Hadn't played this in a while. Is anyone else having the audio get completely muted randomly then it comes back a few seconds later?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU.
    Like someone hit "mute" for a second or three? Happens often since patch 4.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty1 View Post
    Nope, play it daily.

Edit: There may be an issue with this on the PS4, I seem to recall it being mentioned over at OS.
    How dare you, sir!!

Like someone hit "mute" for a second or three? Happens often since patch 4.
    Ahh okay.

I'm about halfway through my first season now. I don't have it on that high of a difficulty so I'm averaging 23 a game but I don't care. I'm not in it for the challenge, just having fun with the mode.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Ahh okay.

I'm about halfway through my first season now. I don't have it on that high of a difficulty so I'm averaging 23 a game but I don't care. I'm not in it for the challenge, just having fun with the mode.
    Mycareer is insanely fun! Took me three seasons to win a championship (and get all the trophies) and I will go back for more later. Started MyGm and it is a blast as well, tons of stuff to do/upgrade

Found something else I do not like...........mygm does EVERYTHING it can to milk you for VC. I am in my second season now and I am up to level 50+. I started mygm with considerable vc carrying over from my career and leveled up a good bit to start. However, after using vc to unlock an ability..it charges more vc to then use the ability, every time. Add to this at season end it costs more vc to train/send guys to camp etc. and the "hulk smash" moments when my coach or "advisers" want something that costs more vc than I have. Say no to any of this and they get pissed, and ratings drop.................pisses me off...............end rant

I suggest if playing mygm do not let your vc balance drop below 2500-3500 just in case your whiny coach wants a weight room upgrade

and 50000 vc to buy a team and earn a trophy

So I was wondering, since you have to be online to play mycareer, what will happen when the servers eventually get cut? Will the game be dead or will they patch in an offline mode?