Thread: Association Settings and Guidelines

• Facebook
  • Display

Association Settings and Guidelines

Association Settings
    Season Length - See General Discussion
    Playoff Length - See General Discussion
    Scheduling - Flex Scheduling
    Advancement Schedule - Every Sunday at 5pm.

Gameplay
    Difficulty - All-Star
    Game Style - Simulation
    Game Speed - 55
    Quarter Length - 12 Minutes
    Sim Quarter Length - 12 Minutes
    Fatigue - On
    Injuries - On
    Shooting Type - User Timing
    FT Shooting Type - Real Player %
    Free Throw Difficulty - 0

Offense
    Inside Shot Success - 43/46
    Close Shot Success - 46/49
    Mid-Range Success - 49/51
    3PT Success - 48/53
    Layup Success - 50
    Dunk In Traffic Frequency - 20
    Dunk In Traffic Success - 40
    Pass Accuracy - 47/46
    Alley-Oop Success - 47/48
    Contact Shot Success - 55

Defense
    Driving Contact Shot Frequency - 100
    Inside Contact Shot Frequency - 100
    Layup Defense Strength TAKEOFF - 100
    Layup Defense Strength RELEASE - 95
    Jump Shot Defense Strength GATHER - 80/81
    Jump Shot Defense Strength RELEASE - 100
    Help Defense Strength - 95
    Steal Success - 52

Attributes
    Quickness - 49/44
    Vertical - 58/54
    Strength - 57/53
    Stamina - 50
    Speed - 50/45
    Durability - 50
    Hustle - 88/26
    Ball Handling - 38/35
    Hands - 65/61
    Dunking Ability - 45/40
    On-Ball Defense - 50/46
    Stealing - 55/50
    Blocking - 70/66
    Offensive Awareness - 50/70
    Defensive Awareness - 70
    Offensive Rebounding - 58/48
    Defensive Rebounding - 55/52
    Consistency - 35/65
    Fatigue Rate - 55
    Injury Frequency - 40
    Injury Severity - 0

Tendencies
    Take Inside Shots - 15
    Take Close Shots - 15
    Take Mid-Range Shots - 35
    Take 3Pt Shots - 60
    Post Shots - 60
    Attack the Basket - 25
    Look for Post Players - 100
    Throw Alley-Oops - 50
    Attempt Dunks - 50
    Attempt Putbacks - 70
    Play Passing Lanes - 90/50
    Go For On-Ball Steals - 48/52
    Contest Shots - 75/75
    Backdoor Cuts - 5

Fouls
    Over the Back Foul Frequency - 100
    Charging Foul Frequency - 100
    Blocking Foul Frequency - 90
    Reaching Foul Frequency - 65
    Shooting Foul Frequency - 95
    Loose Ball Foul Frequency -100

General Expectations

• Forum Activity. Forum activity is a must for all league members. Checking in on the forums daily will keep us all in the loop and progressing this league at a decent pace. Those who fail to stay active here on the TGT boards will be removed. We are an TGT league, this is our main place for communication.
    • Sportsmanship. Anything deemed unsportsmanlike (running up score, taunting, etc) to another member will result in warning (if violator apologizes to victim) for the first infraction and removal for the second. This is a video game -- if you're looking to toot your "I'm better than you horn" go do it in a Virgin Gaming tourney, not here. Also, a simple 'GG' after a game is our 'virtual handshake' -- lets make 'GG' a tradition around here.

Offense

• Run an offense. Learn your team. Learn what plays puts your players in the best position to succeed. Running into the paint and kicking out is not an offense. Flinging the ball looking to fastbreak every time you touch the ball is not an offense.
    • Points in Paint. Your points in the paint should not exceed 50% of your team's total. If you're mixing up your shot selection this shouldn't be an issue. Fast break and second chance points will be deducted from this total.
    • Riding Stars. Its ok to get your stars involved but shot/scoring distribution should be evenly spread. The 5 year NBA average for FGA one player takes is 22 per game -- thats not including shots the player was fouled on. If we can keep our shot attempts around that number, no one can complain about gunning with stars. If the game goes into overtime or the player is clearly on fire, this rule is lifted.
    • 3 point attempts. The 5 year NBA average for team attempts is 27 per game for a team. 7 per game for a player. Lets keep it around those numbers. If the game goes to overtime or a player gets hot you may exceed the max.
    • Fast Breaks. Breaks are allowed after an airball, block or steal. It is also permitted if your PG grabs the rebound but your first pass can only be made once you pass halfcourt.
    • Rotation. Players may only play their primary or secondary positions. Starters must sit at some point in the game -- starters are to average no more than 40 minutes per game.

Defense
    • On Ball Defense. You must attempt to play on ball defense at all times. You may temporarily play offball to disrupt a set if its constantly ran, the offensive player drives by you or to control the hedge defender for the pick and roll.
    • Zone defense. Should be used sparingly, not as a base. Once you are in the zone you must control the player closest to the ball.
    • Pressing/Traps. Are only allowed with 3 minutes or less left in the 4th quarter. The offensive team is allowed to push the tempo as much as they'd like in this scenario.
    • Clear out. After a made basket or a defensive rebound, you are to clear out if the offense makes no attempt to push the ball.

Roster Moves
    • We will limit trades to 2 players max per season. Picks will not be counted as a player if attached to another player. They will count as a player if they are traded alone. If a player is rated 85 or above (normally the stars) the player must be in the last year of his contract in order to be traded -- please attempt to deal stars closer to the trading deadline to keep it realistic. During the offseason you are allowed to trade up to 2 players. Draft picks will be considered one player in the offseason no matter if they are connected or not to another player.
    • Players may start ONLY in their primary or secondary positions.
    • GMs are only allowed 2 cuts max per season. GMs are given an additional 2 cuts during the offseason. Team must start season with at least 12 players on roster.
    Last edited by Oneback; 03-27-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Very nice....will play some games with the sliders today

Sounds Good!

How long do the games run online with the 12 minute quarters?

I just can't see it lasting no more than a user vs user Powerhouse OD game....I could be wrong.

I am available this week if anyone wants to play online 12 min qtrs to test the water out. I haven't touched NBA 2k 13 in a longwhile and will need to refresh on how to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by bjrod9 View Post
    I am available this week if anyone wants to play online 12 min qtrs to test the water out. I haven't touched NBA 2k 13 in a longwhile and will need to refresh on how to play the game.
    I wouldn't mind playing a game online, I'd probably get run through however. I've got a game to play in Powerhouse tonight, maybe tomorrow night.

I just completed one game with the sliders and boy did Lebron James and the Miami Heat tear me a new one. The game lasted one hour and five minutes, that is with no interruptions. Seemed longer as I was getting my but handed to me. Miami beat San Antonio 147-85. The Heat did whatever they wanted. Most of the scoring was done from the inside and transition. The Heat scored 90 points in the paint. 15 dunks. 36 fast break points. Time of possession was the closest of any of the stats.

Ouch, I'll have to play a game with them tonight, I've only practiced with them. Escobar mentioned those sliders as being good in the NBA 2K13 thread.

You'll need more than one game to test the sliders, as you'll get varying results even using the same two teams based on hot/cold streaks and various random factors. But I've had various types of games using these. Also don't take shots the players wouldn't normally take or make careless passes, you will pay. I also play with 9 min quarters instead of 12 min.
    Last edited by Escobar; 03-27-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    You'll need more than one game to test the sliders, as you'll get varying results even using the same two teams based on hot/cold streaks and various random factors. But I've had various types of games using these. Also don't take shots the players wouldn't normally take or make careless passes, you will pay.
    I will try vs a weaker team later on tonight or tomorrow, I was happy to get 85 points. That was my highest output ever this year.

I wouldn't even say I'm good at this game yet. But in messing around in scrimmage mode with these sliders I've found that running an offense and creating open shots is the key. When you start throwing up bricks the score gets away from you quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    I also play with 9 min quarters instead of 12 min.
    How long does a game take at 9 minutes? I'd say we go with something less than 12 minutes if 12 minutes will take over an hour.

I think 9 takes about an hr to play based on fouls and clock stoppage.