Thread: Pro Wrestling Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Do they always take a bunch of commercial breaks during the middle of matches? After all the hubbub lately, I just flipped it on for the first time since like 2003 or 2004. They've now taken two commercial breaks in the middle of this Orton/whoever match. They used to take the breaks between matches, when did this mid-match crap start?

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Do they always take a bunch of commercial breaks during the middle of matches? After all the hubbub lately, I just flipped it on for the first time since like 2003 or 2004. They've now taken two commercial breaks in the middle of this Orton/whoever match. They used to take the breaks between matches, when did this mid-match crap start?
    Not sure I do recall "some" breaks during a "dead period" of the match but the timing early has been a little off imho for the breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Not sure I do recall "some" breaks during a "dead period" of the match but the timing early has been a little off imho for the breaks.
    Yeah, they just seemed so stupidly timed. I don't remember any of that from back in the day.

Yeah, they just seemed so stupidly timed. I don't remember any of that from back in the day.
    lol apparently they think the commercial timing doesn't matter b/c of their app

LMAO that reminds me of the reactions that I saw when people went to the Rock HHH iron man match at Judgment Day ppv in Louisville. Undertaker returns at the very end to take out HHH but HBK (special guest referee) gives a DQ and thus HHH becomes the new champion. People were throwing shit all over the place and cussing/screaming as they were leaving the arena and it was the LOUDEST crowd I have EVER heard anywhere.
    When I watched the nWo Blu-Ray, I was reminded how hot the Nitro crowds got at the beginning of the nWo era. It was amazing looking back at the trash and everything that people threw.

And Cody Rhodes talking about how much he hated his father after Dusty joined the nWo

They used to take commercial breaks during the matches back in the day, but it has grown in frequency over the years.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    When I watched the nWo Blu-Ray, I was reminded how hot the Nitro crowds got at the beginning of the nWo era. It was amazing looking back at the trash and everything that people threw.

And Cody Rhodes talking about how much he hated his father after Dusty joined the nWo

They used to take commercial breaks during the matches back in the day, but it has grown in frequency over the years.
    It must have been really infrequent back then, because I couldn't remember them doing that. Granted it has been at least a good 8 years since I last watched.

you know i just took a look at the ENTIRE wwe roster and perhaps its because i don't know some of the undercard guys but the roster looks WEAK compared to The Attitude Era. I suppose that is why WWE is "forced" to allow all these "old" part timers to come back to big roles.

you know i just took a look at the ENTIRE wwe roster and perhaps its because i don't know some of the undercard guys but the roster looks WEAK compared to The Attitude Era. I suppose that is why WWE is "forced" to allow all these "old" part timers to come back to big roles.
    Yep. My first time watching in probably 8 years, I have no clue who half these people are. Ryback, Cena, Punk, Sheamus, etc, I know, if anything, because of playing WWE '11, but some of these guys who have been out there tonight, not a damn clue.

Well, not knowing the undercard guys is a big factor there. But the WWE is also struggling to build some of the new guys to the Attitude-era levels. Especially because of injuries to major guys.

The Attitude Era roster, at any given point in time, wasn't all that strong. It just is nostalgically remembered as being strong because eventually those mid-card guys evolved into main eventers.

Kind of like the concept of AJ Styles being an opening match jobber in WCW.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud