Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: College Football 2012 Week 12

• Facebook
  • Display

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I really didn't want Alabama back in the title game... I could tolerate Georgia I suppose but they won't beat Bama.
    My thought as well. Ugh.

So if Notre Dame loses, who's in it with SEC CG? Surely not LSU, Florida, TAMU...

Florida if they beat FSU?

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Florida if they beat FSU.
    I guess it would be winner of Florida/FSU... ugh, not much better. Bama would destroy either of those two teams IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I guess it would be winner of Florida/FSU... ugh, not much better. Bama would destroy either of those two teams IMO.
    Florida has been horrible the past few weeks so it would be a slaughter. There is the possibility Oregon gets in if they win out. I think the whipping KSU took eliminated them.

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

Stanford probably jumps into the top 10 with the win, they win out and the Pac12 title game do they get in over a 2 loss SEC team if ND and FSU go down.

The majority of the country just became Notre Dame and Florida State fans for next week. Go Irish! (Damn, was ahead of the curve on this one.)

So, UCLA plays Stanford next week. The Bruins are in the Pac-12 CCG no matter what. If they beat Stanford, they face Oregon the following week. If UCLA wins, they get Stanford in the CCG six days later. There's some discussion that maybe UCLA should tank next week or at least not open up the playbook. It certainly makes for an interesting discussion.

Well I may have avatar jinxed Kansas State. Fingers Crossed it happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    So, UCLA plays Stanford next week. The Bruins are in the Pac-12 CCG no matter what. If they beat Stanford, they face Oregon the following week. If UCLA stanford wins, they get ucla in the CCG six days later.
    fify

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    The majority of the country just became Notre Dame fans for next week.
    Nah, Notre Dame is like the Dallas Cowboys/NY Yankees in regards to a love/hate attitude. I think most would take 2 SEC teams in the title game over ND getting in. At least with two SEC teams in the championship we are guaranteed one SEC team losing the championship.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 11-17-2012 at 11:07 PM.

Nah, Notre Dame is like the Dallas Cowboys/NY Yankees in regards to a love/hate attitude. I think most would take 2 SEC teams in the title game over ND getting in. At least with two SEC teams in the championship we are guaranteed one of them will lose.
    they can get into the NC game, just not win it. last year's NC game was horse shit.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    they can get into the NC game, just not win it. last year's NC game was horse shit.
    And seeing ND get annihilated by Bama would be any better? There is still hope of seeing a descent Championship game of Oregon vs the SEC Champ but to see that Notre Dame would have to lose and preferably lose badly to USC. I am for any scenario that takes ND out of the equation.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 11-17-2012 at 11:17 PM.

either way, an sec team wins. you would rather see 2 sec teams in the NC game, than bama vs nd?

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie

Another atrocious year of college football.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    either way, an sec team wins. you would rather see 2 sec teams in the NC game, than bama vs nd?
    Yes, because I am on the side of good and hate ND with a passion. You can't hate ND all year and then all of a sudden hope they win just to avoid a two SEC team NC. Again that is not guaranteed and Oregon could very well get back in the race. The BCS standings tommorrow will be VERY interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post

Another atrocious year of college football.
    Oh come on we just had the 1 and 2 teams get beaten in one night, great drama in the Oregon/Staford game. You need to stop the generic rage Mors. College football still has the best regular season in sports. Every week really does matter, unfortunately once the regular season ends... Still, you need to get laid or take some Xanax or both.

Nah, Notre Dame is like the Dallas Cowboys/NY Yankees in regards to a love/hate attitude.
    This. As a Navy fan, I am morally obligated to say "fuck Notre Dame!".

0-11