Thread: PlayStation 5 - News & General Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    There's been a bunch of stories, some saying rumors, others saying predictions by analysts, etc, that the PS5 will retail for $399 at launch.

If that's the case, I'm all in on trading my Pro in day one for a PS5. But to sell it for $399 retail, I imagine Sony would have to be eating a massive loss per console early on in the name of market share like they did with the PS4.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    There's been a bunch of stories, some saying rumors, others saying predictions by analysts, etc, that the PS5 will retail for $399 at launch.

If that's the case, I'm all in on trading my Pro in day one for a PS5. But to sell it for $399 retail, I imagine Sony would have to be eating a massive loss per console early on in the name of market share like they did with the PS4.

I would be shocked... but that said I would definitely buy at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post

I watched as speculation video and it argued that based on the equipment sony is using the rock bottom price point would have to be $500US ($600cdn). If that's the case I might be out. That's a really high price point. Speculation is that XBOX is launching with two price points based on what type of power you want in your system. That alone makes me think the intro system will be pricy as the higher end will be absurd.