Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: NBA 2K13 Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I am perfectly content sticking with my copy of NBA 2K12 for at least another year and skipping 2K13. There has not been a single thing announced for 2K13 that makes me consider it a must buy.
    Besides the possibility of what they added making it easier to do dribble moves, I see absolutely no reason not to continue to play 2k11. At least it's My Player actually works.

I think i'm going to switch my pre-order from the 360 to PS3. I don't have enough sports games on my PS3.

'NBA 2K13' steps up shoe game

Sneakerheads, rejoice. Not only does “NBA 2K13” feature more brands and shoes than ever before, but for the first time, the producers were able to build special shaders in their game to make everything from the patent leather to the rubber pop on screen.

“The cool thing is that now the shoes look tangible,” explains “NBA 2K13” producer Rob Jones as he details all of the cool kicks that made their way into his game.

Joining Adidas, Reebok, Converse, and Nike this year are shoes from Spalding and Under Armour. There’s also a robust editor that enables you to create your own shoe, from color to materials. Create a cool pair of Nikes, and the game will even spit out a code for the Nike ID store so you can order your shoes to wear around in real life, while your player is also sporting them in the game.

If only I could get a code to start dunking in real life like I do in the game

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech

IGN gives the game a 9.1.

It’s both scary and exciting to think how good a game we might get if NBA 2K actually had a serious competitor pushing it to new heights. But even when left with a clear, unobstructed path to the basket, 2K13 throws down a monster jam with this year’s edition – probably the last one developed solely for this generation of consoles. It’s obviously the best hoops game out there, and it might even be the best sports game of all, period.

Video review available here.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    IGN gives the game a 9.1.

It’s both scary and exciting to think how good a game we might get if NBA 2K actually had a serious competitor pushing it to new heights. But even when left with a clear, unobstructed path to the basket, 2K13 throws down a monster jam with this year’s edition – probably the last one developed solely for this generation of consoles. It’s obviously the best hoops game out there, and it might even be the best sports game of all, period.

Video review available here.
    That sentence right there tells me how much of a joke that review is.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    That sentence right there tells me how much of a joke that review is.
    Yup. Yet another review by someone that doesn't actually play the games more than for the review and a tad bit afterwards.

No changes to the AWFUL playcalling system and no changes to AI logic for the draft, trades, or even in general, the overall association mode of the game means I have absolutely NO REASON to buy this game. That said, I'll probably still pirate it because fuck them.

I have no problem with the review whatsoever. The most important aspect of any sports game is it's game play, and having messed around with the demo for a good 2 or 3 hours, the game play is the best in the series. Tuesday can't come soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I have no problem with the review whatsoever. The most important aspect of any sports game is it's game play, and having messed around with the demo for a good 2 or 3 hours, the game play is the best in the series. Tuesday can't come soon enough.
    Did you actually attempt to play against the CPU on a higher difficulty? Did you attempt to go into the paint without using nothing but basketball moves? Did you attempt to do anything down low with a PF or C that isn't dominate?

All of those gameplay things are ATROCIOUS.

Don't play the CPU. Playing the CPU in any sports game is boring as hell, so I don't do it. Don't really do a whole lot down in the post, either, so I haven't noticed.

Until I hear some good things after release, or I really get the itch once the season starts, I'll probably stay away. Just get my fix on 2K12. I still haven't played the Jordan stuff on 2K11 either.

I had planned on going to the midnight release at Gamestop, but since the weather is so nasty outside, I think I will just pick it up tomorrow.

Guys with it early on OS are raving about it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Guys with it early on OS are raving about it so far.
    They are the same ones that raved about 2k12, then everyone realized that it was the same old shit, because it is.

Pre-ordered mine today at Gamestop....gotta decide if I want my son to be a 7'2'' 304 center....a 6'8'' 304 power forward....or a 6'7'' 240 SF....leaning towards the center.

I don't know whether to or

Has anyone picked up the game? And what do you think, is it worth it to jump from 2k12 to '13?

Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    I don't know whether to or

I won't buy/play the game for the Bieber being in the game ALONE. Seriously, work on gameplay and presentation and franchise mode and online play don't add FLUFF like Jay-Z, sneakers and Bieber. I'll pass this year and stick with 2K8 College Hoops.