Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 11 Q&A Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    So I always press up, aggresive, on run plays but that doesn't do any good for running? How does it help passing. They just get a good punch on the defender to keep them from getting by?

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher 8 View Post
    So I always press up, aggresive, on run plays but that doesn't do any good for running? How does it help passing. They just get a good punch on the defender to keep them from getting by?
    Yeah, O-line play has ZERO impact on the run game (words of EA/Tiburon) and in truth other than slide left or slide right, I really don't think the other two choices do much if anything IMO. However, the effectiveness probably has a lot to do with the quality of your o-line... mine is avg. at best right now.

Aggressive on passing, I've never quite figured out. The only advantage I can think of is if you are expecting a blitz up the middle. Because then you're more likely to pick it up. But I would think the DEs would get around your tackles pretty quickly, unless you have running backs in to block or you're doing a quick throw.

Down ... which is Spread, I think, spreads out the line pretty thin, but is good for outside blitzes. Again, though, you probably want at least one back in to block because somebody might get through.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Just like past years, if you and the defense know you HAVE to pass, leaving a RB or TE in is a good thing, especially on Heisman this year because the CPU is aggressive with sending a lot of blitzers to outnumber your blockers. So much so that they'll leave receivers running free, which I've exploited for long TDs. They almost stupidly blitz at times, as they are very high-risk, high-reward.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Just like past years, if you and the defense know you HAVE to pass, leaving a RB or TE in is a good thing, especially on Heisman this year because the CPU is aggressive with sending a lot of blitzers to outnumber your blockers. So much so that they'll leave receivers running free, which I've exploited for long TDs. They almost stupidly blitz at times, as they are very high-risk, high-reward.
    The blitzing is a little frustrating at times. The cpu sends so many men that by the time the drop back animation is complete I have already been sacked. I send the same pressure and the cpu QB has a good 3-5 seconds to spot an open receiver.

Check the Heisman sliders I'm using in the sliders forum. I've had blitzes get there in 3-4 seconds because the CPU hangs on to the ball instead of insta-finding the open receiver like on Heisman default. By sending 6 and creating overloads, I've had LBs get there before the end of the CPU's drop.
    Every time? Hell no. They adjust. The beautiful thing is to come out in a zone showing blitz but only sending 4 (maybe 5) and the CPU QB just bounces around in the pocket with happy feet.

And in actuality, I've checked on CPU blitzes on me, and they timed out at 4 seconds pretty consistently when they get the sack. Sometimes in the 3s it seems if they really get someone close free right away.

Honestly if you spend two more seconds to see if you know where the blitz is coming from line adjusting and maybe hot route a back or te to blocking really helps.

Because my team sucks in dynasty (D rated team playing in the PAC-10), I've been sitting on the ball, snapping it at :01 on the playclock. I've been able to see A LOT of blitzes early and make corrections pre-snap.

I have the same problem as everyone else though. I can blitz all 11 guys and they'll never get there fast enough. The computers receivers get wide open instantly, it seems and the computer has a knack of being able to get rid of the ball a nanosecond before getting sacked, even if the sack animation appears to be starting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Honestly if you spend two more seconds to see if you know where the blitz is coming from line adjusting and maybe hot route a back or te to blocking really helps.
    True to an extent but when it's a full on blitz the cpu drop back can't even finish and therefore I can't throw the ball, regardless of line adjustments. If they arwe bringing 1-2, no issue, it's the full blitz packages that's the killer.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    True to an extent but when it's a full on blitz the cpu drop back can't even finish and therefore I can't throw the ball, regardless of line adjustments. If they arwe bringing 1-2, no issue, it's the full blitz packages that's the killer.
    when i see one of those i just audible to a run anymore i always throw interceptions or fumble by qb

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    when i see one of those i just audible to a run anymore i always throw interceptions or fumble by qb
    Seam route in a spread formation always works well for me.

I'm probably missing something completely obvious, but is there a way to have the list of available audibles display (with the corresponding buttons) when I hit the audible button at the line of scrimmage (like it was in '10)? I'm too old (and I change them too often) to memorize them. I have the same problem with the defensive adjustments as well.

On 360, click the right stick and it'll bring the 'cheatsheets' up.

Does the coach preferences for computer controlled teams not work if you (user) adjust them? New Mexico has lost 20 straight so I thought I would help them out. I "changed" their offense to a run balanced approach with the run balanced playbook and I moved their D to a 3-4 to help with the pass D. After a few weeks I want to see how they are playing so I played a game AGAINST them using Bowling Green... well... I was very dissapointed. They did NOT have the new offense I gave them and they did NOT play a 3-4 D. I went back after the game and checked and the changes I made were still there. What gives???

Has anyone else had the problem of Texas Tech's fight music not play after they score points?

Okay I went and bought the NCAA Football 11: Recruiting Reports for 160G for use in my offline dynasty. It said, "It can take a lot of time and effort to see where your rivals are spending their Recruiting Time every week in Dynasty Mode. The Recruiting Reports will bring the information from the previous week. Knowing which recruits your opponent is targeting and how much time they are spending with each recruit can help you make informed decisions while spending your Recruiting Time. This will affect every team you control in Dynasty Mode and Online Dynasty Mode."

When I go to it it only shows Player name, Caliber, Position, and Weekly Time Spent Being Recruited. Which to my understanding is how much time I spend on them. Where is the other schools targeting them and how much time they spent?

Do I have to look at the teams on his list and then press LT and go to their team and find him? It should just come up with a list and show how much time each team on his top 10 spent on him...

Waste of $2...
    Last edited by Cipher 8; 07-26-2010 at 01:44 AM.

Do I have to look at the teams on his list and then press LT and go to their team and find him? It should just come up with a list and show how much time each team on his top 10 spent on him...
    Yes. At least as far as I know. It is clunky to do unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher 8 View Post
    Okay I went and bought the NCAA Football 11: Recruiting Reports for 160G for use in my offline dynasty. It said, "It can take a lot of time and effort to see where your rivals are spending their Recruiting Time every week in Dynasty Mode. The Recruiting Reports will bring the information from the previous week. Knowing which recruits your opponent is targeting and how much time they are spending with each recruit can help you make informed decisions while spending your Recruiting Time. This will affect every team you control in Dynasty Mode and Online Dynasty Mode."

When I go to it it only shows Player name, Caliber, Position, and Weekly Time Spent Being Recruited. Which to my understanding is how much time I spend on them. Where is the other schools targeting them and how much time they spent?

Waste of $2...
    most ppl here will not be using those features since every normal OD turns off the ability to use them anyways, and its kind of cheap even in offline dynasties

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    most ppl here will not be using those features since every normal OD turns off the ability to use them anyways, and its kind of cheap even in offline dynasties
    While yes, the ones that tell you which guys to go after, the report that just tells you how much time the CPU is spending on the recruit isn't that bad of a deal. It's basically just giving you an idea of whether or not the CPU has given up on the guy you're going after or not or how truly interested they are in getting that guy compared to you. And it can also give you an idea of whether or not you are truly out of your league for the player (like they are only spending 30 or 40 minutes and still keeping pace with you spending 60 minutes).

It's a strategic leveling of the playing field is all, especially since the CPU knows exactly what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    I do just fine in recruiting in my online dynasties with them off and I even requested to turn all of those things off to keep things even and fair.

I did make sure I said it was for my offline dynasty and I don't see it as cheap. I see it as it lets me take my recruiting more in depth. It lets me see how the other teams on a certain prospect view him. Are they going full 60 minutes on him and if they have a already huge lead is it worth continued chase of him? Or if I should let them go and find another player instead of wasting my time.