Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SBCOL Rules discussion for NCAA13

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    One thing I would suggest with gameplanning is perhaps allowing the "how to play the option" setting on defense. To my knowledge it doesn't give you an unfair advantage at all, just simply tells your defenders who to focus on. I don't even know if it works or not but I know that with the improvements to the QB shotgun run game that the lack of real run fits is killing me. I'm going to need every advantage I can get to defend the QB. Thoughts?
    In versions past I believe this had a great effect on playing the option. I remember when you set it, it turned the defenders into steroided psychics.

They would speed warp when you tried to pitch the ball and pick it off in mid-air, sometimes with their backs to the ball and never seeing the pitch.

Not sure if this still happens when it "works" or not.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    In versions past I believe this had a great effect on playing the option. I remember when you set it, it turned the defenders into steroided psychics.

They would speed warp when you tried to pitch the ball and pick it off in mid-air, sometimes with their backs to the ball and never seeing the pitch.

Not sure if this still happens when it "works" or not.
    Gotcha, yeah that would be a problem. I honestly have never used it but I've been having trouble stopping QBs so I was considerring that as a possibility.

G, I like the idea of going with Heisman. Played two games on default Heisman last night and it played really well. I never once felt like the CPU was cheesing like in years past because of the difficulty.

And for those keeping count, one game was against JB and Memphis put it to me 34-14

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    G, I like the idea of going with Heisman. Played two games on default Heisman last night and it played really well. I never once felt like the CPU was cheesing like in years past because of the difficulty.

And for those keeping count, one game was against JB and Memphis put it to me 34-14
    Yup I've played a total of 4 games on Heisman so far & I'm having a blast. I've gotta make a a new CPB though because I definitely can't run Nebraska's offense with these low-tier teams.

Yup I've played a total of 4 games on Heisman so far & I'm having a blast. I've gotta make a a new CPB though because I definitely can't run Nebraska's offense with these low-tier teams.
    Both of my games have been user games though so not sure if anything will pop up with playing the CPU but from what I've heard Heisman is playing very well. I know Escobar posted some Heisman sliders in the Powerhouse thread so we might want to take a look at them.

I've gotta make a a new CPB though because I definitely can't run Nebraska's offense with these low-tier teams.
    I'll probably be rolling with my team specific playbook. For some reason I always like to use that teams PB

How are the custom playbooks working so far? Any glitches in them? I was planning on sitting down this afternoon and starting to put mine together.

Quote Originally Posted by razorback44 View Post
    How are the custom playbooks working so far? Any glitches in them? I was planning on sitting down this afternoon and starting to put mine together.
    I took Nebraska's PB down to 1 play & the only problem I had getting it back up to the max number of plays & 25 formations was that I kept accidentally hitting the damn "remove all" button!!!

So they're working great in my experiences so far.

I took Nebraska's PB down to 1 play & the only problem I had getting it back up to the max number of plays & 25 formations was that I kept accidentally hitting the damn "remove all" button!!!

So they're working great in my experiences so far.

Mental Note: Don't hit "remove all" button.

Quote Originally Posted by razorback44 View Post
    No problems from me. Seems to work how we expected them to work last year. The only issue that still remains is that in some cases, formation audibles aren't assigned (ie no quick pass, etc.).

How do we handle Non-Conf. scheduling G?

How do we handle Non-Conf. scheduling G?
    Each team will have two body-bag games and then the other two can be set by the user. Those two can be UvU OOC games or breather games if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Each team will have two body-bag games and then the other two can be set by the user. Those two can be UvU OOC games or breather games if you want.
    Are there limits as to what teams we can schedule? Also, for the 2 body bag games, do you try to follow their real schedule at all at least for season 1?

Are there limits as to what teams we can schedule? Also, for the 2 body bag games, do you try to follow their real schedule at all at least for season 1?
    Yeah, Season 1 follows closely to their real life schedule. After that, the only limits on teams are that you can't have home AQ teams unless they're a rival or are scheduled that way in real-life.

Yeah, Season 1 follows closely to their real life schedule. After that, the only limits on teams are that you can't have home AQ teams unless they're a rival or are scheduled that way in real-life.
    Ok cool, I know BC is one of UMass's rivals so I wanna get that going pretty quick. Don't think they're on the schedule this year though.

G - you have an idea of conference breakdown yet?

Just to be clear, I posted that 2 minutes before you did

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Just to be clear, I posted that 2 minutes before you did
    Slacker

G wanted to ask this regarding our game last night.

Option pitching

That was an accident when I pitched the ball late, I wasn't trying to suck your defender into the tackle in order to pitch the ball. I tried pitching it before you even made contact with my QB lol.

I am guessing that is in the rules correct?