I've always been intrigued by Coach Mode. From around '04 until last year I was heavy into Madden PC GM leagues (co-commished one of the bigger, longer-running ones), where you would handle everything that has to do with running the teams except for actually playing the game (which would be run CPU vs. CPU).

I absolutely loved those leagues. Mainly because, like you mention above, the players ratings mattered over all else. The only human effect on the game being played on the field was the gameplan (playbook/%'s, depth chart, form subs, etc.) that the GM's set heading into the games. I'm also a big-time fan of participating in everything that happens off the field in the game ... especially when it was part of a human-controlled league. Hell, probably more so the off-the-field stuff, than the on-the-field-stuff. The only negative to those leagues was the often times bone-headed playcalling ... hence my intrigue with a coaching league.

I'd be interested in joining your coach mode league, if you are looking for new members for 13. I'd jump in on '12 now to get some experience, but I no longer have that one.