Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starhawk (PS3) - 2012

• Facebook
  • Display

I seriously didnt know there was a thread for this game. I am looking forward to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Warhawk to me was just VERY boring. With that said, I'm pretty sure I'll be in the beta, so we'll see.
    I know warhawk was made by the same people, was it similar in nature?

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    I know warhawk was made by the same people, was it similar in nature?
    Identical except that it was more along the lines of "realistic" instead of space-based.

I never knew that I might pick up warhawk just for giggles since its so cheap.

Edit: Probably wont get it online only. That sucks.
    Last edited by oweb26; 06-09-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Is anyone in the beta right now? I just got it installed.

I haven't even put in my code, I haven't even opened the damn game.

I guess I will do that.

Guess nothing for me code is invalid. lol

At first glance of playing the game, it seems just like Warhawk, fairly boring.

It's up for Plus members. I'm downloading it now, and although I fully expect it to suck(I thought Warhawk was one of the worst online games I've ever played), in a way, I'm hopeful it'll be decent.

Demo is fun...only played capture the flag. I really like the ability to build turrets, Anti-Aircraft lasers, jet pad, sniper tower, and more. Very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by DariusLock View Post
    Demo is fun...only played capture the flag. I really like the ability to build turrets, Anti-Aircraft lasers, jet pad, sniper tower, and more. Very interesting.
    I was in the beta and I never could get the fucker to load. It was just stay at the loading screen for hours. I just gave up, I would assume its better now since its something everyone can play.

What is your overall impression of it? Give it a number or grade?

I may give it another chance now that I'm more receptive to vehicles in shooters with BF3. But like Warhawk, there just didn't feel like there was any energy in it.

I didn't really play too much, but the building concept is pretty cool. I built like 1 turret and 2 lasers on one game and destroyed people coming for the flag.

I may give it another chance now that I'm more receptive to vehicles in shooters with BF3. But like Warhawk, there just didn't feel like there was any energy in it.
    I agree with Warhawk, and I feel exactly the same way with Starhawk. There's way too much of a focus on building and flying shit as opposed to actually going against the enemy. I didn't play in any 32 player matches, but I don't think it would matter...I was completely bored the entire time I played the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I agree with Warhawk, and I feel exactly the same way with Starhawk. There's way too much of a focus on building and flying shit as opposed to actually going against the enemy. I didn't play in any 32 player matches, but I don't think it would matter...I was completely bored the entire time I played the beta.
    So is that a "not really that good" decision on the game?

It really depends on what you want. IMO, the ability to build all these automated turrets and defenses totally takes away from the combat. It takes so long to go from where you spawn and it's really, really annoying to be killed by a stupid CPU controlled turret after wasting 5 minutes just getting down there. I had numerous games where I would play the entire 20 or 30 minutes and only have like 4 or 5 kills and deaths.

I LOVE the gun play and the strafe battles when they occur and they feel awesome, but they're so rare that it doesn't matter to me. MAG had long distance maps, too, but there was a ton of action in that game. In Starhawk, there's really not much going on and like JB said...it just feels really uninspiring and boring. Since the beta is open to everyone now, the best way to see is to download it and try it again for yourself.