Thread: Player progressions and ratings

• Facebook
  • Display

Player progressions and ratings

SIAP. Do all computer-generated players progress similarly? What I mean is, is it possible to recruit a "diamond in the rough" player who wasn't highly rated in high school, but will improve considerably in college? Or conversely, a "bust" who is a 5 blue-chip prospect who doesn't get a lot better? And if you redshirt someone, does he improve more before his RS Frosh year than a non-redshirter would improve before his True Soph year? I'm somewhat new to dynasty mode so I was curious about if anyone knew these answers.

Secondly, is there a list of what all the ratings mean somewhere? I've searched but for the life of me can't find one. I'm curious about the differences between, for example, "pass block" "pass block strength" and "pass block footwork" or another example would be "strength" vs. "tackle."

Thanks!!!

pass block is how well the player can get into a position to make a block. pb strength is how well he holds up to a defensive player's power move. pb footwork is how well he does vs a defensive player's finesse move. the same applies to the run block ratings.