Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12: Season 2 Week 12

• Facebook
  • Display
    Army gets a big win over Memphis 56-7. Steelman tossed 6 TD's while true freshman Rogers caught 5 TD passes. Starting RB Brown went out with a concussion, but had a capable backup as both backs nearly ran for 100 each. Army is now 2-7, and the magic number to get an extention will probably be 4 wins. Rice, Temple, and Navy remain on the schedule.

Never mind, this is the dynasty where me and FIU are sucking. This one and TGT run together for me haha.

Gus and I are going to attempt one final time tonight to play. If we can't get the game in please sim it for us Gschwendt.

Varsity
    ULM...pm ur phone # or post here so I can txt you when I'm rdy to play

Hawai'i ready to advance.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    Hawai'i ready to advance.

Gus I logged of but I was wondering what happened last night?

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Gus I logged of but I was wondering what happened last night?
    Sir, I'm not really sure what you're asking me?

Sir, I'm not really sure what you're asking me?

Gus, I was asking about the taking a knee with over 4 minutes left to go in the third. The fake punt pass that ended in a pick on third down. The running out of your endzone on third down for a safety. Those kind of things were what I was wondering about?

Gus, I was asking about the taking a knee with over 4 minutes left to go in the third. The fake punt pass that ended in a pick on third down. The running out of your endzone on third down for a safety. Those kind of things were what I was wondering about?

Well when you are up 41-3 in the 3rd and all my QB can do is throw INTS and all my HB can do is fumble the ball, or all my kick-off guys can do is fumble the ball. I put it on chew clock and took as many knees as possible to finish the game. If there was a way to ask for a mercy finish I would have. I would have hoped you'd noticed I gave up.

I was so annoyed, any pass I threw it was either overthrown to a wide open receiver OR it was over-lead or overthrown directly to one of your DBs.

I don't get it, when I play the CPU my QB is VERY accurate. Last night he couldn't complete shit.

One thing I will say and I have no clue if you did or did not do it, but putting the defensive strip on AGGRESSIVE is one of my biggest complaints I have about this game. It's so freaking annoying how you score yet another TD, then kick off and my return man is stripped of the ball.

I did not have "big run" set to conservative yet, but the annoying thing to me is, if you put your Defense Strip on Aggressive, they NEVER miss a tackle. They either strip the ball or make the tackle. I think it should not be so 1 sided. If you go for the strip every single tackle you should miss a few. AND the annoying thing is, since I have to put my HB on big run conservative. I can't break any tackles and I have to PRAY they don't fumble. It shouldn't be so one sided.

So I couldn't run for much more than 1-2 yards and every time I passed the ball you'd pick it off.

I don't like the pass defense AGGRESSIVE either. It's silly how your DBs and Safeties were making 1-handed INTs yet my WRs (who were set on catching-conservative) would have the ball bounce off their hands. I don't see how your entire defensive backs become NFL All PRO WRs with one simple "gameplan adjustment" Again seems too one-sided.

Then on Defense all you did was run the ball. I tried 4-4, you run up the gut and outside on that. I even tried goalline and all you did was run outside and I guess your HB is faster then any player I have b/c all you had to do was run around the outside. I guess my defense sucks. I have no clue how in the real world a team could come out in an under center formation. The Defense comes out in goalline defense that has the DBs covering the flats and LBs jamming the middle, yet the Offense is still able to hand the ball off, and outrun EVERY player to the edge, then turn it up field for yet another HUGE gain.

I started taking knees b/c I couldn't ask for a mercy quit.

Hopefully that is a good enough explaination. If you're just wanting to ask why you won 46-3 I'm not sure it's necessary to ask...kinda makes me feel like crap, but oh well.
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 11-08-2011 at 08:06 AM.

Well when you are up 41-3 in the 3rd and all my QB can do is throw INTS and all my HB can do is fumble the ball, or all my kick-off guys can do is fumble the ball. I put it on chew clock and took as many knees as possible to finish the game. If there was a way to ask for a mercy finish I would have. I would have hoped you'd noticed I gave up.

I was so annoyed, any pass I threw it was either overthrown to a wide open receiver OR it was over-lead or overthrown directly to one of your DBs.

I don't get it, when I play the CPU my QB is VERY accurate. Last night he couldn't complete shit.

One thing I will say and I have no clue if you did or did not do it, but putting the defensive strip on AGGRESSIVE is one of my biggest complaints I have about this game. It's so freaking annoying how you score yet another TD, then kick off and my return man is stripped of the ball.

I did not have "big run" set to conservative yet, but the annoying thing to me is, if you put your Defense Strip on Aggressive, they NEVER miss a tackle. They either strip the ball or make the tackle. I think it should not be so 1 sided. If you go for the strip every single tackle you should miss a few. AND the annoying thing is, since I have to put my HB on big run conservative. I can't break any tackles and I have to PRAY they don't fumble. It shouldn't be so one sided.

So I couldn't run for much more than 1-2 yards and every time I passed the ball you'd pick it off.

I don't like the pass defense AGGRESSIVE either. It's silly how your DBs and Safeties were making 1-handed INTs yet my WRs (who were set on catching-conservative) would have the ball bounce off their hands. I don't see how your entire defensive backs become NFL All PRO WRs with one simple "gameplan adjustment" Again seems too one-sided.

Then on Defense all you did was run the ball. I tried 4-4, you run up the gut and outside on that. I even tried goalline and all you did was run outside and I guess your HB is faster then any player I have b/c all you had to do was run around the outside. I guess my defense sucks. I have no clue how in the real world a team could come out in an under center formation. The Defense comes out in goalline defense that has the DBs covering the flats and LBs jamming the middle, yet the Offense is still able to hand the ball off, and outrun EVERY player to the edge, then turn it up field for yet another HUGE gain.

I started taking knees b/c I couldn't ask for a mercy quit.

Hopefully that is a good enough explaination. If you're just wanting to ask why you won 46-3 I'm not sure it's necessary to ask...kinda makes me feel like crap, but oh well.
    I asked and you basically answered what I was looking for. To me I wanted to know whether you were mad at the game or me.

To start I did not have strip ball set to aggressive. Everything was set to default throughout the entire game.

As for your RB, I noticed you only had 2 carries with him though both times were very productive in the first half. You had 2 carries for 14yds. But once you abandoned the run game I sat back and mixed in zones and man coverages in different packages which led to all the INT's.

As for my running the ball, that is easy. I'm old school I like to run 2-1. If I can rush the ball twice as many times as I throw it then I like my chances. I ran 34 times with my 2 HB's and ran out of all formations. To me I was able to get outside because I noticed you were running 4-4 a lot and it was almost always man. When I saw you were stacking a side I would run to the other open side. On the big 83yd yard run that was a simple ace big HB dive that I took straight up the field. Your LB'rs were blitzing and once I got to the second level there was no help there.

Again on the pass defense, MINE was not set to aggressive. All my gameplans were set to default and never touched during the game. Again almost all of your picks came when I had really good position on your WR's or the ball was over thrown. Like I said earlier, once you abandoned the run game it was pass defense 100% for me. When a team is one sided like that it really makes playing defense easy. Sure you moved the ball down the field but it takes just one bad decision.

In the end GG and GL. I play way to many people here for anyone to assume I'm using broken features to get a "W". Remember I'm 1-6 heading into this game. If I wanted "W's" I would have started cheating the CPU much earlier in the season but I don't mind losing as it adds character and drives me to learn more and play better.
    Last edited by psusnoop; 11-08-2011 at 08:32 AM.

I asked and you basically answered what I was looking for. To me I wanted to know whether you were mad at the game or me.

To start I did not have strip ball set to aggressive. Everything was set to default throughout the entire game.

As for your RB, I noticed you only had 2 carries with him though both times were very productive in the first half. You had 2 carries for 14yds. But once you abandoned the run game I sat back and mixed in zones and man coverages in different packages which led to all the INT's.

As for my running the ball, that is easy. I'm old school I like to run 2-1. If I can rush the ball twice as many times as I throw it then I like my chances. I ran 34 times with my 2 HB's and ran out of all formations. To me I was able to get outside because I noticed you were running 4-4 a lot and it was almost always man. When I saw you were stacking a side I would run to the other open side. On the big 83yd yard run that was a simple ace big HB dive that I took straight up the field. Your LB'rs were blitzing and once I got to the second level there was no help there.

Again on the pass defense, MINE was not set to aggressive. All my gameplans were set to default and never touched during the game. Again almost all of your picks came when I had really good position on your WR's or the ball was over thrown. Like I said earlier, once you abandoned the run game it was pass defense 100% for me. When a team is one sided like that it really makes playing defense easy. Sure you moved the ball down the field but it takes just one bad decision.

In the end GG and GL. I play way to many people here for anyone to assume I'm using broken features to get a "W". Remember I'm 1-6 heading into this game. If I wanted "W's" I would have started cheating the CPU much earlier in the season but I don't mind losing as it adds character and drives me to learn more and play better.
    I never said you cheated. I guess in the end it's annoying. You kicked the shit out of me and then want me to explain to you how I lost? I came in and simply said, "Hawai'i is ready to advance"

I never said you cheated. I guess in the end it's annoying. You kicked the shit out of me and then want me to explain to you how I lost? I came in and simply said, "Hawai'i is ready to advance"
    I wanted to find out why you were taking a knee and taking safeties and stuff along those lines. I wasn't calling out per say but wanted to find the answers to what was unusual in a game. I was left confused and wanted more information.

I have been on the other side of blowouts all to often and I guess we just see those differently.

No worries on this end just wanted some resolve to those questions I had.

Sometimes you just have to take your medicine. I took mine the other night against Novadolla in the PS3 OD .... He was #5 Nevada, and he's good as it is, and my lowly Tulane squad couldn't do anything. I didn't score until about 5 mins to go in the game.

I can't agree more. I just feel like I got my ass handed to me which we all know isn't fun. Then I'm supposed to come in here and explain how I lost. Just seems like we could move on, use more tact. I lost, Hawai'i is ready to move on. Please.

I didn't start taking a knee and running out the clock until you were up by 41-3. Isn't that enough?

And since it keeps getting brought up, yes I'm annoyed.

We scheduled to play on Thursday but we didn't b/c the Pens game was on. Then we rescheduled for Friday. I sat online and asked multiple times on Friday if we were going to play, but you were playing Battlefield 3 for 3-4 hours. Then finally said we'll play later this weekend.

I couldn't play at 1pm Sunday b/c the Texans were. Then you couldn't play Sunday night b/c the Steelers where on. Then Monday night comes and you playing Battelfield 3 for a while and then Madden. Then I sit there for another 40 mins waiting to play. Then you play and you straight up kick the fuck outta me.

The come on and say, "what happened?"

What happened? You won. Congrats, let's move on.
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 11-08-2011 at 09:53 AM.

I can't agree more. I just feel like I got my ass handed to me which we all know isn't fun. Then I'm supposed to come in here and explain how I lost. Just seems like we could move on, use more tact. I lost, Hawai'i is ready to move on. Please.

I didn't start taking a knee and running out the clock until you were up by 41-3. Isn't that enough?
    I don't think Snoop needs to use more tact, he was just wondering why you were doing what you were doing.

ok, well I think I explained no?

ok, well I think I explained no?
    Yes... and he has said that he's received his answer. The original inquiry was just wanting to make sure you weren't upset for him doing something or just upset at the game or whatever. I know I've been in snoops position as well when there was no wrong I could do and my opponent could do no right. Then they change up their tactic, primarily in your case just to get the game over, and you want to make sure they didn't have any hard feelings towards you. I think that's all snoop was trying to do... make sure you didn't take anything he did in the game the wrong way.

All said, you two should kiss & make up, and let's move on.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Yes... and he has said that he's received his answer. The original inquiry was just wanting to make sure you weren't upset for him doing something or just upset at the game or whatever. I know I've been in snoops position as well when there was no wrong I could do and my opponent could do no right. Then they change up their tactic, primarily in your case just to get the game over, and you want to make sure they didn't have any hard feelings towards you. I think that's all snoop was trying to do... make sure you didn't take anything he did in the game the wrong way.

All said, you two should kiss & make up, and let's move on.
    The bolded is exactly what I was trying to find out.

And I'm good, no worries here. Sorry our schedules didn't work out the best, we should have just played at 9pm cst instead of watching the Pens game.

I have no hard feelings. I said Hawai'i is ready, we win some we lose some. It's just a game.

Good game sir, sorry for not answering the questions. I was just miffed about a lot of things, I'm sure it less to do with the game and more to do with my brother-in-laws stuff which is 100% nothing to do with this game so I'm sorry if I came across as an ass.

On a positive note, I think my QB was close to 100% in his passing, well on passes to your players!

I have no hard feelings. I said Hawai'i is ready, we win some we lose some. It's just a game.

Good game sir, sorry for not answering the questions. I was just miffed about a lot of things, I'm sure it less to do with the game and more to do with my brother-in-laws stuff which is 100% nothing to do with this game so I'm sorry if I came across as an ass.

On a positive note, I think my QB was close to 100% in his passing, well on passes to your players!
    Not a problem at all. LOL on your QB, he was accurate in that regard

GG