Thread: Can you name all of the FBS nicknames in 12 minutes?

• Facebook
  • Display

Can you name all of the FBS nicknames in 12 minutes?

I had all of them except Toledo with 5 minutes left... I couldn't ever think of their mascot so I just cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I had all of them except Toledo with 5 minutes left... I couldn't ever think of their mascot so I just cheated.
    For real? Nice work. Sorry G I couldn't get ASU

Spoiler: show

I had them all but 5 with a few minutes left.

Completely went brain dead on Arkansas St, Florida International, Louisiana Monroe, Eastern Michigan and it would not accept "my nicknames" for Texas.

I got 118. For some reason I couldn't remember Western Kentucky and Western Michigan.
    Last edited by HWill; 08-31-2011 at 04:16 PM.

You got ALL 120 answers correct
    Time remaining:
    05:06

Almost got busted on the spelling of UL-Lafayette, but the rest were quick.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I completed it 1:20 left. I know all them, but when putting yourself under pressure, whether it's real or imagined, man, I really struggled at the time trying to remember names. The biggest issues were the WAC and a couple of C-USA teams. I had to literally sit there for a minute or two thinking about New Mexico, New Mexico State, UNLV, UAB, Utah State, UTEP, etc. I could not remember their names right off without some thought.

And I keep forgetting Arkansas State is now the Red Wolves. I spent probably a good minute or two on Arkansas State alone because I forgot they're now the Red Wolves.

Here's another good one.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/dan144556/1980independents

Can you name the college football teams that were Division I-A independents in 1980?

I got 24 of 30 on my first try.

Only 21 of 30.

Yeah, it's really tough. A fair few of them are pretty obvious, but the other teams that I couldn't figure out, yeah, that's the really tough part is trying to think of them (spoiler).

Spoiler: show
    The teams currently playing in the FCS division.

For you time waster lovers, another good one. This one is college basketball and not football, but it'll still challenge.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Feely/alltime1seeds

Can you name the colleges that have had #1 seeds in the NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championship?

My first try just a few moments ago, I got 108 out of 128 correct. After time ran out and the remaining 20 were revealed, I was shaking my head at the fact I had forgotten about a number of those remaining teams, but, that's part of the pressure of being under a 7 minute time limit, trying to think fast about which teams are correct.

Got 119 out of 128 on my second try. Of the 9 that I missed, I'm currently on all but 2 of them for missing them.

119 out of 128 on my third try. at all 9 for missing them.

Finally did it. Got 128 out of 128 on my 4th try. I hit 110 with 5 minutes let, 119 with 4 minutes left, and got 125 with 3 minutes left. Then blanked on the very last team (with three times being a #1 seed in the mid-80s) before finally thinking of the team with 36 seconds left to go.

Another one.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/alexalm...ens_basketball

Can you name the top 20 Division I men's basketball teams of the 2000s, according to the final regular season AP Poll?

I got 174 out of 200 on my first attempt. Missed some very obvious ones (now that I know what I missed), though they weren't so obvious at the time.

A good college football/NFL one.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/jonesje...s-to-nfl-teams

Can you name the closest NCAA FBS football team to each NFL team?
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 09-01-2011 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Can you name the closest NCAA FBS football team to each NFL team?
    The fact that the Houston Texans are on that list tells me that there's some trick to it that I'm not aware of. So no, probably not.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I can get them all for sure. Sporcle is an awesome site. That was how my classmates and I passed time 1st year of law school. Don't forget to name all the presidents, either.