Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Style of Offense will you run?

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback44 View Post

I'm looking for an old school playbook for my offline dynasty and am hoping that is the one.
    To clarify, when I said "listed as Multiple", I meant that the playbook isn't titled Multiple but rather the style of the playbook is called Multiple according to this year's designation. This particular playbook is not a generic... it's team's playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    To clarify, when I said "listed as Multiple", I meant that the playbook isn't titled Multiple but rather the style of the playbook is called Multiple according to this year's designation. This particular playbook is not a generic... it's team's playbook.
    Interesting. I'm wondering whose it could be? Perhaps Air Force? Maybe a smaller college? I know I can't wait until the 9th when you guys can start talking. I hope you three don't have plans next weekend!

It's probably Temple. I know they had Wishbone formation in NCAA '09, but they didn't in NCAA 10 I don't think.

It would be awesome if that "mulitple" playbook was a lot like the 1995 Nebraska playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    It would be awesome if that "mulitple" playbook was a lot like the 1995 Nebraska playbook.
    That would be killer. That would definitely be my favorite playbook if they ever did "classic" playbooks.

Quote Originally Posted by razorback44 View Post
    That would be killer. That would definitely be my favorite playbook if they ever did "classic" playbooks.
    You and a lot of others on this board I am sure.

I going to learn all the offensive styles. Now with formation subs I can be more creative. I a pro style guy, but I interested in the spread. I like some of the issuses the pistol creates. I just don't want to limit myself.

Flexbone baby Ricky Dobbs will be leading my Midshipmen to the promised land in my 4 user dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by jschwa17 View Post
    Flexbone baby Ricky Dobbs will be leading my Midshipmen to the promised land in my 4 user dynasty
    Nice! Always great to see other Navy fans on this board!

Thumbs up

So far one of the most pleasent suprises from running the spread in the demo has been the draw plays.

IMO, when it comes to the draw, everything promised in developer diary about the spreadis 100% on the money.

For my offline dynasty, I think I'm gonna roll with the Oregon spread offense. For my online dynasty, I've been thinking about running a flexbone offense, since Arizona has 2 good tailbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Nice! Always great to see other Navy fans on this board!
    Yea man right here I was born and bred in Annapolis Maryland! Im actually a Penn State fan but I root for the Midshipmen hard core. I love the whole atmoshphere of games at Navy.

Quote Originally Posted by jschwa17 View Post
    Im actually a Penn State fan
    The only part that made sense to me.

Haha "Thank You". And on another note has anyone tried running a zone read play or triple option on the demo? Is it just me or does it take an awfully long time to hadn the ball off. You have to hold down X or A for a god awful long time

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Pro or Pistol. I'm going to try to find a playbook that seems reasonably close to the West Coast (largely Splitbacks) offense of the 1995 Ohio State Buckeyes. If I can't find one that satisfies me, I'll probably run Nevada's Pistol, as it is my second favorite offensive style.
    Looking like either San Diego State or Tulane's playbook for me. Or the generic Pro-Style book ... if only it had I-Form Normal. It's got everything else I want
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by Aglemar View Post
    The OD I am in last for 10 months. I am going to go with the Run and Shoot for about five months, and then I will probably change to Prostyle for the next 5.
    I am going to stick with the Run and Shoot, and I will most likely use SMU's playbook. I dont think any of the RnS books are complete and I am very skeptical about how effectively WRs will utilize choice/read/switch routes. Still maybe my attempts to clone Earl Campbell will come to fruition this year, because they certainly didnt last year, or the year before that.

I just wish EA would release the playbooks prior to the game's release so that I can complete my call sheet prior to the start of my OD.
    Last edited by Aglemar; 07-09-2010 at 07:15 PM.

Run and Shoot. I love throwing the ball.

I will have to try them all out but unless something grabs my attention I'm gonna be going 100% spread.

I will probably run an One back system and keep the passing and running pretty balanced. Depending on the situation and the look of the defense , I'll just adjust on the fly.

After seeing the Pistol offense in action, I may be trying that system out too.