• Display
    who the hell is NORIL?

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    who the hell is NORIL?
    Northern Illinois.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

who the hell is NORIL?
    I was about to say the exact same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Northern Illinois.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    Makes sense, but I've never seen Northern Illinois shortened down to NORIL in anything. And stupid too. If you're not going to spell out Northern Illinois, why bother spelling out Southern Miss, North Carolina State, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Makes sense, but I've never seen Northern Illinois shortened down to NORIL in anything. And stupid too. If you're not going to spell out Northern Illinois, why bother spelling out Southern Miss, North Carolina State, etc.
    Especially when "N. Illinois" isn't exactly a drastic amount of extra characters. Not shortening NC State, and instead shortening NIU is very strange.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Especially when "N. Illinois" isn't exactly a drastic amount of extra characters. Not shortening NC State, and instead shortening NIU is very strange.
    Yeah, when I saw NC State completely spelled out, and NIU not even N. Illinois (which you see them listed as in a lot of stuff, but never NORIL), makes no sense to me. If you're concerned about extra characters, cut North Carolina State down to NC State, you'll save a bunch of characters right there.

How long will it take South Carolina to fall off the list?

glad i wasnt the only one confusesd by the NORIL thing.

glad i wasnt the only one confusesd by the NORIL thing.
    I was lost at first too

Breaking: Texas A&M sends official notice to Dan Beebe and Big 12 they will explore conference options.

From ESPN's Joe Schad

Aggie can **&()&(&)*& himself. I want them to go to the SEC to be more irrelevant than they already are.

Now for some real hard hitting news and LSU fans might want to start gearing up for baseball season...

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...ons-apartment/

Does someone really need 49 pairs of shoes? Also they have witness who saw him kicking a dude.

http://www.tamu.edu/athletics/big12Exploration.html

TEXAS A&M NOTIFIES BIG 12 OF CONFERENCE EXPLORATION

NEWS RELEASE - August 25, 2011

COLLEGE STATION, Texas – Texas A&M University today officially notified the Big 12 Conference that it is exploring options related to the institution's athletic conference affiliation. Texas A&M also requested that the Big 12 outline the process to be followed should the university elect to withdraw from the conference.
    Polaroid-style photo of students standing at a football game at Kyle Field

In the letter to Big 12 Commissioner Dan Beebe, Texas A&M President R. Bowen Loftin indicated that if the university withdraws from the conference, Texas A&M would do so in a way that complies with the Big 12's bylaws. Additionally, Texas A&M would be supportive of the Big 12's efforts to seek a new member of the conference.

"As I have indicated previously, we are working very deliberately to act in the best long-term interests of both Texas A&M and the State of Texas. This truly is a 100-year decision," said Loftin. "While we understand the desire of all parties to quickly reach a resolution, these are extremely complex issues that we are addressing methodically."

"Ultimately, we are seeking to generate greater visibility nationwide for Texas A&M and our championship-caliber student-athletes, as well as secure the necessary and stable financial resources to support our athletic and academic programs," Loftin added. "As a public university, Texas A&M owes it to the state's taxpayers to maximize our assets and generate additional revenues both now and well into the future."

Texas A&M has now officially ticked me off. They are in a strong position and their spot in the BIG 12 if far superior to where they would be in other conferences...

I'm seriously laughing at SMU right now. They're saying they believe it's time and that they're ready to join a BCS automatic qualifier conference. Now that's funny. Apparently the fact that SMU has pretty much never been relevant in football since they were Death Penaltied has completely escaped them.

One "good" year (since the 1980s/1990s), where they went 6-2 in the C-USA, even though they ended the year 7-7 with losses in the C-USA CCG and lost their bowl game, and lost to every good or decent non-conference team on their schedule (Washington State doesn't count as good or decent), does not a good BCS AQ conference candidate make.

Jefferson of LSU arrested on 2nd degree felony assult LOL ooops. Same with one of their LB's.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Yay! The LSU @ WVU game looks even more winnable now.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Jefferson of LSU arrested on 2nd degree felony assult LOL ooops. Same with one of their LB's.
    Wonder if their compliance office is also looking into why he had 49 pairs of shoes apparently also.

Found this and

also

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...cording-report

Big 12 officials expect Texas A&M to announce within the next week that it plans to leave the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...cording-report

Big 12 officials expect Texas A&M to announce within the next week that it plans to leave the conference.
    Where are they going to go though? Go independent until they can get the SEC or Pac-12 or someone to agree to add them?