Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
But do they have a complimentary play for it? That's the trouble with automotion like that, it's a HUGE tipoff to what the play is; especially because they don't make the player take the same route that they would take when you just put them in motion to that side.

That's what everything was screaming about the Flexbone formation after '10. The automotion was an immediate tipoff to what direction the play was going (and, unfortunately, still is in most formations because the opposite direction plays are blocked so damn poorly).

Then, of course, there's the fact that that play could be completely created with hotroutes so what's the point of taking up a playbook slot with a play that's easily created with hotroutes (and the HB flat doesn't require the automotion in the hotroute setup of the play)?

Holy cow stop the presses I agree with Mors about a play in the new play thread.

The play itself seems to me to be one of those plays that is going to be money against the CPU as I believe JB said it has everything. The automotion though is going to make it a give away against a human that has played the game a lot and knows what plays are in what formations. Though tipping off of this play is going to be a lot harder to defend then the flexbone was back two years ago when the motion almost always gave you the play direction. Because although you know that this play or one similar is coming it's a lot harder to stop a play with five options than one with two options that being a run to one side of the field or possibly a fullback dive.

Now for the agreeing with Mors, While I do not care strongly one way or the other about auto motion I do agree with the fact that if you are going to have plays with auto motion in them each playbook with an auto motion play in it should have a minimum of three plays in that set with the same auto motion to give the player a better chance of hiding their intentions and to give the other player or CPU for that fact somewhat of a decision to make. Not the standard decision they have now of "Oh yeah, here comes such and such a play." And maybe we will see they have added stuff like that in the playbooks this year, I mean they would not have to be new plays. They could be the same plays as last year just with auto motion added to them.

So far I like all three plays and could see myself running them all. I love the fact they are putting stuff out there like this.