Thread: The Golf Club (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HANDSWARD View Post
    "No difficulty modes. Since its you and the course, your difficulty mode is the difficulty of the courses you decide to play."

My 2 cents since I know a bit about gameplay in golf video games...

No way they have 1 difficulty and it is tuned for the hardcore. Based on this statement, either 90% of people that play it won't be able to break par or there will be a ton of people shooting -22 every round while the other 90% hovers around -9. Likely scenario 2. Arcade features like boost, spin and previews aren't what make -22 happen, they are what make -35 happen. Give me a golf game that doesn't try to challenge me with some higher difficulties and I will tear that game apart.
    We will have to wait and see. You know what they say about making assumptions. It is the first game in the series so a bit of slack has to be made. The thing that interests me most is that if it is successful, how future entries develop, along with the ability to have unlimited courses. Assuming courses can carry over with each edition and the talent of the course designers waiting to get their hands on it, this could become an amazing product. Who needs a bunch of licensed courses when the community will make them for you.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 01-23-2014 at 07:28 PM.