Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
Oklahoma, Cincy, SMU... will be tough challenges.
ASU,NAVY, Vandy... could be games you have to watch out for.
The rest of the schedule should be a cakewalk.

Out of curiosity... does UTAH play in week one every season in everyone's dynasty? In (MY DYNASTY) every season thus far in 13 UTAH has played in week one, usually versus USC, Colorado, or Stanford.
We shall find out. I said the same thing about my schedule last year, and I racked up losses to FIU, UTEP and Rice, teams I "expected" to beat last year.

Yeah, that was the very first thing I noticed when I got to the week one schedule, USC and Utah once again. It does seem like they play in week one every season. There's some things that need to be fixed in dynasty. Better rotation and organization of conference schedules (so USC and Utah don't play week one every year) is one.

Another is better organizing of CPU schedules, specifically non-conference, as it seems like every year there's a handful of teams that end of with only 11 games. I don't know if that is a result of me changing my non-conference opponents or moving teams between conferences, but it's something that EA needs to find what is causing the issue and fix.

They also need to fix the bowl week stuff. When I'm simulating bowl games, after basically a full week of bowl games have been simmed, it automatically goes into it's "Advancing Week" stuff. After it completes that, I end up back on week 1 and have to manually return to Bowl Weeks in the scores section. Then for every game after that I simulate, it returns me right back to week 1, forcing me to repeat the cycle of simulate, end up in week 1, have to scroll back to Bowl Week, rinse, wash, repeat for approximately 28-30 bowl games. It gets very old and very annoying quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
Side note... I have said it before and I will say it again: Attention EA/Tiburon... HIRE SMOOTHPANCAKES to work on your dynasty mode!!! The depth and attention to detail Smooth puts into this thread is simply phenomenal. Imagine what he could add to dynasty!?! Excellent effort as always Smooth. Today's effort is another great read.
Again, I accept!

I really do enjoy doing this stuff. I've tried other stuff over the years. I remember I tried an NBA 2K franchise last March, I've tried NCAA Basketball in the past (I actually wouldn't mind giving that another chance), but I've never been able to fully keep them going. Usually due to too many games in the season where the time that it takes me to get through one season in NCAA, I only get through maybe a quarter or half of one season in the other games. MLB is way too long to do something like this, same with NBA and NHL. So that leaves just Madden and NCAA. I supposed I could always try Tiger Woods as well.

If EA puts out a Madden that I actually enjoy playing, I may try a Madden franchise sometime in the future. Whether I would play as Denver or force myself to go elsewhere to have a fresh view of things instead of my Broncos-clouded view, that I don't know, I probably wouldn't decide until last minute. But I wouldn't mind trying posting a Madden franchise sometime.

Other than that, NCAA is perfect in length of season. 12 games a season, 13 if I play in a CCG or a bowl game, 14 if I play in both the CCG and a bowl game, then go through off-season, turn around and fire up the next season. I can keep things moving at a pace, I can keep advancing and keep the momentum driving to keep the dynasty advancing. That, and win or lose, I just plain love playing NCAA, even the years with the less than good editions.