Every game needs improvements. These are the things I would like to see Madden implement to really improve upon Madden 15.

1) More personality among teams. I want to see the best offensive players get the ball more. I want the best defensive players to be great out there. I truly loved impact players in NCAA 06 because you had to account for them at all times. I never feel I have to change my approach or gameplan in Madden either offensively or defensively since the teams feel so similar. You have a speed threshold – what about a talent threshold so we can spread the players further apart? Sort of the opposite of your old Fair Play option. CPU teams should also be going up-tempo more often – not just at the end of the half.

2) Fix the inside running game. For the last 3 years guards have been blowing the DTs off the ball on all inside running games. DTs need to be able to make a tackle for loss once in awhile and shoot gaps. This is a real negative and leads to running the ball being too easy on all levels. 3rd and short is practically an automatic pickup/money play in this game with an inside run.

3) Cpu QBs can’t continue to take sacks on screen plays and 4-vertical streaks. That might be OK for low awareness QBs but the smart ones should be throwing the ball away. This really hurts the cpu passing game.

4) Improve the sliders! At 0 run block my guys should block like garbage but the blocking sliders do next to nothing! The WR catch slider did almost nothing in M15 too. There should be a huge difference between 0 and 100. Change reaction time to simply Zone Pass Defense and make it actually work. Bring back the RB ability slider so we can boost the special moves (mainly for the cpu RBs). Bring back the knockdown slider from years past and call it DB Playmaking. This should control the radius around a DB to knock down passes. Want them to knock down more balls? Boost it up. Want to see less leaping LBs and knocked down deep balls? Reduce it. It would be nice to have kick return and a kick block slider too.

5) Improve the animations and physics. I’d like to see more gang tackling and a much bigger animation set to differentiate between the players. Quicker backs need to animate and play quicker. Seeing more varied RB animations and QB throwing animations would be great.

6) Add a horizontal All-22 camera to replicate a Tecmo style feel. Broadcast is too low and doesn’t let you see downfield in the passing game. Just give us 20+ yards to see downfield and it would be great. I truly believe this would be a huge feature and it’s probably easy to do. If possible, add zoom options to your cameras.

7) Formation Subs! NCAA Football has had this a long time! It’s better than your package system. I like the 3rd down back but what about short yardage? How about a pass rushing DL formation sub where you slip DEs inside and put OLBs at end if you want? Again, much better than packages imo.

8) Lead passing. Being able to use a trigger to throw a WR route before they break (rather than just have them continue on their current path) would really add a huge dimension to the passing game and help on outs and comeback plays. Players still need to improve their sideline awareness and turn upfield before stepping out of bounds.

9) Franchise mode – mid tier players need to be more expensive. Players rated 75-83 are easy too sign and make it easy to avoid any depth issues in franchise mode. Those guys should still be $2.5M+ players instead of just $1M and change. In general the salary structure by position and rating needs improvement. CPU roster management is often terrible. They dump their QBs too quickly and have garbage to replace them. Miami cut Tannehill and went with two QBs rated in the 60s one year. I’d like to be able to have more control over my contract as a head coach and the ability to move to a new team. Sometimes I want a challenge after winning a Superbowl and take my current profile to a bad team. I realize this isn’t super realistic but it would be cool.