View Poll Results: After week four, who should be #1?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alabama

10 76.92%
  • Boise State

3 23.08%
  • Florida

0 0%
  • Nebraska

0 0%
  • Ohio State

0 0%
  • Oklahoma

0 0%
  • Oregon

0 0%
  • TCU

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After Week #4, who should be #1?

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Except they almost beat Baltimore.
    Almost, but didn't. Besides, even teams are pathetic as the Browns get lucky here and there. But to think the Browns could win on any given Sunday? In my opinion, uh, hell no. Maybe 4 or 5 wins a season, maybe even 8 if they are very lucky and get some breaks, but they are still a bad team, even with Holmgren there.

Hell, unless they knock off Cincy this Sunday, I don't even see them possibly winning until week 11. 100 times out of 100, I would bet against the Browns without a second thought in regards to their upcoming opponents. Atlanta, at Pittsburgh, at New Orleans, New England, NY Jets, I don't see the Browns having a chance. Might they get lucky? Sure, everyone does now and then. But to me, Carolina, Jacksonville, maybe Buffalo are their only true shots at wins this season. Unless they get lucky, have some major breaks go their way, or pull some games completely out of their asses, I don't see them getting more than 3 or 4 wins all season. Hardly any given Sunday.

Perhaps the close shave Baltimore experienced is more of an indictment against the Ravens than kudos for Cleveland.

I understand mors line of thinking though. And saying Cleveland can get lucky, or whatever, and beat whomever is really the same as saying "any given Sunday."

I didn't mean to start a debate, I just wanted to take a cheap shot at the Clowns, lol.