Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 17 - General Impressions & Game Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Madden 17 is literally the same six plays over and over. The feature is unusable.
    Just like NCAA. Screen passes for days.

Madden 17 is literally the same six plays over and over. The feature is unusable.
    I wouldn't call it completely unusable but I don't like a lot of them. And there needs to be more random stuff. On 1st down the bottom play in suggestions is a stretch out of singleback, 3 WRs every single time for the Rams unless it's a 2 minute situation. Something has to be wrong there.

Right now if I don't have WRs that can win downfield I am stuck throwing crossing patterns and screen passes as most of my passing game. Curls work here and there but my receivers don't sit down in holes in the zone as well as the cpu does against me. I do admit to being a bad passer and may simply be blind and missing the right reads.

The man alignment in certain 43 and 46 defences is bad. LBs have criss cross responsibility that make no sense. I don't notice this in dime or nickel. In the past I thought the man align option would fix this but it doesn't.

Yeah, the Suggested Plays are useless. I can't believe how bad they are and hate when they pop up on 4th down.

Any thoughts on the recent tuner update? I've read some people say they think it made Aggressive Catches over-powered again, but EA says the tuning didn't touch that - only adjusting (reducing) the effectiveness of stripping the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Yeah, the Suggested Plays are useless. I can't believe how bad they are and hate when they pop up on 4th down.

Any thoughts on the recent tuner update? I've read some people say they think it made Aggressive Catches over-powered again, but EA says the tuning didn't touch that - only adjusting (reducing) the effectiveness of stripping the ball.
    Haha again, when the game is patched or tampered with it changes the game. Past 2 nights I've noticed the catches being more successful than Day 1 when I got the game. Recently I've had more caught on me than I had that entire week.

Edit: Other guys that I play Madden with in leagues seem to think it has as well.

On another note, aren't the "Ask Coach" plays based on what you rate them as in your playbook? I never will or use the feature, but it was my understanding that the plays were based from that. Go like you are creating a Custom Playbook, there you can rate your plays for down, distance, situation, etc. Then I am assuming depending on what down, etc it picks from those plays

In previous versions when 'Gameplanning' was first put into the game that was the purpose.
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 09-01-2016 at 11:13 AM.

The development team hasn't touched those ratings in years. I think we get the leftovers which can be done better. It's why the CPU loved calling 4 verticals on third and long.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    The development team hasn't touched those ratings in years. I think we get the leftovers which can be done better. It's why the CPU loved calling 4 verticals on third and long.
    They don't touch them, figured that was left to the user to rate your own plays of how you wanted the game to be called.

Don't know how Franchise works or if you need to have a custom playbook but I do know that some plays tied to a rating cannot be removed, so apparently they are working.

For example I have a formation in my playbook that is solely for Hail Mary. It is the only play from that formation. On the 4th down and few seconds left that is the play that is prompted, without me even having to select Coach Suggestion. Same goes for this Play Action play. I can remove every play in the formation except this one play because it is ranked to be used in PA situations.

You guys should try that out, it should give you more control over the plays that are called if you use Coach Suggestions. 95% sure that is what it is for.

I might have to do that in order to remove plays I don't like and add plays I do. We will see how lazy I am lol.

On another note I like how I can get big gains out of screens but they are too effective imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I might have to do that in order to remove plays I don't like and add plays I do. We will see how lazy I am lol.

On another note I like how I can get big gains out of screens but they are too effective imo.
    Yeah this was introduced back on Madden 11, called "Game Flow". Rate your plays and it uses those plays that you rated for each situation, per formation.

Only issue with it then was it was a play call setting that had to be enabled. For example if Game Flow was turned on, both players had to use it. This was easily resolved however because even with it turned off, the one player who wanted to use it still could...just had to use "Coach Suggestions" while player two could use the standard method of playcall screen.

HB screens are slightly less effective than they were last version, but still effective depending on the play call of the Defense. (HB Screens). I have definitely stopped them easily this version. I would say half the time I am getting sacks because the RB is being held up by a defender or the pass rush is so quick to get in this version. They aren't anything like they were in Madden 13 and 25. It was nothing to average a TD or two a game from any screen pass.

I like those tweets he has. Always in favour of the user lol.

QB fumbles are just killing this game for me. I now have 16 QB fumbles in 10 CFM games...

QB fumbles are just killing this game for me. I now have 16 QB fumbles in 10 CFM games...
    This absolutely needs to be tuned down. No question in my mind. Maybe confidence hits need to be reduced but I can't have Goff fumbling on almost every sack. I'm rushing my throws and decisions as a result. That percentage should probably be less than 25% where a sack produces a fumble. Instead it's 75%+ for me.

Is anyone finding the cpu zone defenders are constantly dropping in the 10-15 yard range? I am not a good passer but I find it very hard to hit the intermediate routes against cpu zones but drags and crossing routes are open almost all the time. I think there needs to be more variety in the play calling here.

Also, they need to add commentary for injuries. They comment on the injury and say we'll have more when we come back but there never is more. It's like the game is waiting for a sideline reporter to fill us in but there isn't any.
    Last edited by Rudy; 09-02-2016 at 07:45 AM.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    It's not the playcalling, it's the logic that they have set for the zones. They have guys that should be dropping 5-10 yards dropping 10-15 yards. I end up having to put guys into QB spy to get the desired effect I'm looking for out of the cover 2 zones from the MLBs that should be 5-10 yards instead of 10-15. It's very frustrating.

I really don't get aggressive catch. It seems like all aggressive catches are tipped and then ultimately fall incomplete. All in all I am so disappointed in this game. Usually it's me defending madden but I am not at all enjoying this game this year.

I need to stop play the moment as its ruining the experience I think.

I really don't get aggressive catch. It seems like all aggressive catches are tipped and then ultimately fall incomplete. All in all I am so disappointed in this game. Usually it's me defending madden but I am not at all enjoying this game this year.

I need to stop play the moment as its ruining the experience I think.
    Aggressive catches really seem to rely on the matchup ratings. I had these two lucky plays (for me) this morning. I rarely see this but against Miami's weak DBs the dice rolls were very generous to me! On a separate note I saw my first defensive PI today (against me on 3rd and long).

Didn't care for how the rookie Howard broke to the corner before Britt did so I was shocked when I got the ball.

Home team fans booing needs to be reduced. I was up 26-3, gave up a FG and they booed me. It is a weak spot in the atmosphere.

This "fumble" after the catch was bad. With the NFL's must have 100% catch and run before calling it a catch, this would have not been a catch.

I decided to play all offensive plays for the last two games and it was a much better experience. That being said, I still have issues with:

1. CPU hurry up bug is back (CPU runs to the los) and my guys are offside
    2. CPU comeback AI ( 2games had a 17 plus point lead and both games the CPU came back in an unrealistic fashion)
    -Dan Orlovsky threw for 411 yards and 3 td's
    3. QB forward slides frequently result in ground contact fumbles
    4. Challenge system still broken
    5. Receivers still run there routes out of bounds
    6. Weird glitch this year where an Rb gets hit and bounces back 4 yards
    7. Very wonky physics and warping at times
    8. CPU zone D is either horrible or amazing
    9. Play the moment is a turd! I don't recommend the mode...
    10. Recommend plays.... The feature is unusable.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 09-03-2016 at 01:04 PM.

I have seen some warping at times. And sideline awareness by recievers seems to have taken a step back. Definitely not better.

Only played one game post patch. Will get another game in tomorrow for sure.