Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Week 4 Discussion (2010)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    No doubt man, but those last two touchdowns with Terrell (and the starters) in there were just uncalled for. I mean, they throw the ball to Pryor for a fuckin' touchdown when they're already up 45-20. That's just rubbing it in the face of the opponent for no reason.

Pushing it to 73 was just ridiculous. Scoring 21 points in the 4th quarter is also just ridiculous, especially when the first one was a freakin' pass play. Just some pretty classless playcalling...
    It's not like it was the starters throwing in the 4th. We weren't playing with the usuals late. Obviously the trick play was not tresselball at all.

The late TD pass was backup QB Joe Bauserman getting his first ever TD, Kenny Guiton scored, he's a third-stringer. Justin Siems played, he's a fourth-string QB. 3 guys who are non-freshman and sophomores made their first career catches. Bo DeLande is our SEVENTH runningback, and he played on the final two drives.

Eastern Michigan's defense is terrible. It's not like we're going to kneel it three times and punt.

This is the most points Ohio State has scored since a 72-0 game a long, long, long time ago. And it'll probably never happen again.

The 72-0 game was only 1996, my friend. Other than that, it's the first time we've scored that many since 1950.

Mors, I didn't watch practically any of the second half, so I can't really comment ... but Tressel doesn't run up the score. Period. I don't profess to understand the trick play to Pryor either, but whatever ... yes, we'd scored 45, but it's not like we were leading 45-0 ... would you have thought it was 'classless' if it was 25-0 at that point?

Also, this:
    "My thing is this: You've got to stop them," English said. "So I'll never whine about that. Yeah, he kept throwing. He throws the throwback to the quarterback and all that stuff but we were trying to score, too. ... I respect Jim Tressel. I don't say that I'm [ticked] off at Jim Tressel. That's the nature of the beast. The strong survive in this profession."
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 09-25-2010 at 08:41 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Tangential discussion during the Auburn-South Carolina game.

Cam Newton's middle name is Jerrel, but it's pronounced the same as Jor-El.

Brad Nesslar and Todd Blackledge were talking to Cam Newton, and Brad asked if he wants to be called Cam or Cameron. He said it didn't matter. So Brad asked what his mother called him, and Cam said "It depends on how much trouble I'm in". Brad then said "Well that means it's Cameron, and she probably uses your middle name too". So Todd asks what his middle name is. Cam responds "The same as Superman's dad".

Word-for-word from the game:
    Brad: "And I came up with Jor-El. Then we went off on a little bit of a tangent."
    Todd: "Yeah, you got a little weird on me then."
    Brad: "I did, I did".

I like Brad Nesslar even more now.

If Penn State doesnt win a game the rest of the year I wont be suprised.

The defense is fine but that baby QB has no footwork, no drop back, doesnt plant his feet to throw.

barely beating Kent State and needing a kicker to beat Temple will not get it done from here on in...

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    The 72-0 game was only 1996, my friend. Other than that, it's the first time we've scored that many since 1950.

Mors, I didn't watch practically any of the second half, so I can't really comment ... but Tressel doesn't run up the score. Period. I don't profess to understand the trick play to Pryor either, but whatever ... yes, we'd scored 45, but it's not like we were leading 45-0 ... would you have thought it was 'classless' if it was 25-0 at that point?

Also, this:
    "My thing is this: You've got to stop them," English said. "So I'll never whine about that. Yeah, he kept throwing. He throws the throwback to the quarterback and all that stuff but we were trying to score, too. ... I respect Jim Tressel. I don't say that I'm [ticked] off at Jim Tressel. That's the nature of the beast. The strong survive in this profession."
    Oh durrr....:

Before that it was 1950 vs Iowa in a 83-20 slamming. The most all-time was 85-7 against Drake in the 30's.

This was the most points under Tressel was 58 against Northwestern three years ago. This buried that mark. This was the most we've scored in the "TV era" of football, though.
    Last edited by Iron Dragon; 09-25-2010 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Dragon View Post
    Oh durrr....:
    W00t for OurHonorDefend. Love his work.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    (sigh) For fuck's sake WVU, you're acting like LSU is the fuckin' 1985 Bears or something...

I'm getting worse and worse as the weeks go on in the pick'em. 11 wins, 10 wins, 9 wins. currently 5-8 this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidice View Post
    I'm getting worse and worse as the weeks go on in the pick'em. 11 wins, 10 wins, 9 wins. currently 5-8 this week.
    Not a good week for me either only 8 wins this week. Vegas is kickin' my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    The NFL "experts" are going to have a hard, hard time convincing me that Jake Locker is the de facto #1 instead of Ryan Mallett.

I'm so glad he left Michigan.
    I think Locker got built up by the 'experts' due to his 'NFL size' and 'intangibles.' Really, what has he done on the field to earn it? Josh Freeman was another guy who I thought got hyped by NFL experts based on 'NFL size and intangibles,' but he at least led K-State to the post-season and beat Texas twice with some less than average KSU teams. UW did beat USC and Cal last year, but that still wasn't enough to help get them to the postseason. UW is very poor though, so I'm not sure we have a full picture of what Locker can or can't do.

Thumbs down

South Carolina pissed the game away last night. Just when you think this might be their year, they go brain dead in the 4th qtr.